This is BX @ Boxden.com

Anyone remember the conversation we were having about Revis, Asomugha and Woodson last season?

Anyone remember the conversation we were having about Revis, Asomugha and Woodson last season?
topic by I'm The Dan - 01-08-2011, 09:59 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

I'm too lazy to look it up, but during last season (or the off-season) we got into a big discussion about the three corners and how Revis had more interceptions so that made him the better corner.

Anyway, I said that the reason Revis gets more interceptions is because he gets more opportunities and this season proved it. Revis had zero interceptions and that is because of two things. One, he was hurt and missed a few games, but the other is because he has that "shut down corner" moniker and people will not challenge him anymore.

Asomugha only had 26 passes thrown at him last season (the 2009 season).. that works out to less than one and a half a game. I don't know where people find all the stats that they did, but it would be interesting to see the comparison again after this season.

I only bring this up because I was watching the Jets game today and they showed that Revis had zero picks this year and it made me think about that #### we were talking about last season.

Revis IS a shutdown corner, but I think he and Aso are on the same level. I'm hoping the Raiders switch to more of a shutdown corner mentality next season and let Aso take on the other teams best receiver all game -- especially since we play a man defense virtually all game.

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

52 comments for "Anyone remember the conversation we were having about Revis, Asomugha and Woodson last season?"

01-08-2011, 10:19 PMaway - #2
Smoke500 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$8,154 | POWERFUL
Definitely a shut down corner. Idk about Woodson though...he's more of a physical playmaker than a shut down corner
 01-08-2011, 10:22 PMaway - #3
Liquid-Science 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$16,376 | POWERFUL
Peyton is a playoff ####
 01-08-2011, 10:29 PMaway - #4
I'm The Dan 5 heat pts

d 
space
$10,524 | POWERFUL
Yeah, I should have said that about Woodson. Woodson was only really talked about because he was the DPOY. It was more about Revis and Asomugha.

Anyone know where to get the stats that show how many times someone was thrown at a game, and how many times they were in single coverage, ect... Someone found them last time and I did a quick google check and couldn't find it.
 01-08-2011, 10:30 PMaway - #5
Shakespeare 65 heat pts65

d 
space
$3,611 | POWERFUL
Revis held one of the league's best receivers to one yard for the game. What else do you need to know? He was a ####ing shadow today.
 01-08-2011, 11:00 PMaway - #6
GrezyNclean 145 heat pts145

d 
space
$4,448 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by I'm The Dan
Yeah, I should have said that about Woodson. Woodson was only really talked about because he was the DPOY. It was more about Revis and Asomugha.

Anyone know where to get the stats that show how many times someone was thrown at a game, and how many times they were in single coverage, ect... Someone found them last time and I did a quick google check and couldn't find it.
So I guess no one remembers wen Woodson went from 5 interceptions to 1 interception the following year....he used to be a shutdown corner but, like all NFL players, he's not as fast as he used to be....he's lost a step and as such he's had to change his game to a more physical one.....happens to the best of them....Champ Bailey aint shuttin down ppl like he used to after all...
 01-08-2011, 11:35 PMaway - #7
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$12,801 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Liquid-Science
Peyton is a playoff ####
trollin a$s...u in the wrong thread...
 01-08-2011, 11:51 PMaway - #8
rek0nize 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$8,338 | POWERFUL
Aso has only been scored on ONCE in the last 3 seasons. Revis can't say that by no means.
 01-08-2011, 11:52 PMaway - #9
rek0nize 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$8,338 | POWERFUL
Interceptions are the wrong thing to look at when judging a corners play. If Aso got thrown at more, he would have a decent amount as well, but EVERY QB respects him and don't throw his way often.
 01-09-2011, 12:44 AMaway - #10
EMS the God 

d 
space
$4,905 | POWERFUL
what did Nnamdi do this year?
 01-09-2011, 01:32 AMaway - #11
rek0nize 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$8,338 | POWERFUL
2009 Season

Aso -- Targeted 28 times
Revis -- Targeted 111 times

2010 Season

Aso -- Targeted 29 times, 9 receptions = 32% completion percentage -- Scored on ONCE in last 3 years

Revis -- Targeted 72 times, 35 receptions = 49% completions -- Scored on 4 times this season alone

QB's know better, they don't even be lookin his way.

Aso a step above the rest
 01-09-2011, 08:08 AMaway - #12
Rique 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$26,015 | POWERFUL
raiders suck tho who cares what 1 player does when they dont win
 01-09-2011, 08:43 AMaway - #13
Adam Is BeTTeR 1 heat pts

d 
space
$8,052 | POWERFUL
@ bias Raider' fans & Aso for getting recognition

took him until he's in his 6th year, as for Revis - only till he was in his 2nd or 3rd...

only scored on once in the last 3 years? I doubt it...

I'll like to see a list of corners Aso shut down,

here's one for Revis

Reggie Wayne three times (twice in the playoffs), Terrell Owens three times, Andre Johnson twice, Moss twice, Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson (playoffs), Greg Jennings when he was matched up against him,

I don't even hate/ or dislike Aso', I actually like him, but why can't Raider' fans just face and admit the fact that Revis is better?

98.9% of the fans on BX are bias, no wonder you never see any intellectual conversations on this ####. All haters when it comes to anything against their team(s)
 01-09-2011, 08:56 AMaway - #14
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$30,348 | POWERFUL

Aso doesn't guard the 1 the whole game, plays on a #### team with irrelevant games, plays on a defense that gets run all over, and plays in the AFC West

Aso is a beast but he's no Revis.
 01-09-2011, 09:10 AMaway - #15
I Am... 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,192 | 4707697
Originally Posted by rek0nize
Interceptions are the wrong thing to look at when judging a corners play. If Aso got thrown at more, he would have a decent amount as well, but EVERY QB respects him and don't throw his way often.
ye they really need to step up their corner stats... thrown at/completions ratio, thats what u need

2009 Season

Aso -- Targeted 28 times

2010 Season

Aso -- Targeted 29 times, 9 receptions = 32% completion percentage -- Scored on ONCE in last 3 years

Revis -- Targeted 72 times, 35 receptions = 49% completions -- Scored on 4 times this season alone

yea really where did u get this
 01-09-2011, 09:20 AMaway - #16
TriniSoldier 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$40,696 | POWERFUL
all im hearing is a bunch of talk, rek the only ni##a that put up actual numbers.

men lie, women lie, numbers dont
 01-09-2011, 09:30 AMaway - #17
keithbm1111 96 heat pts96

d 
space
$27,502 | POWERFUL
2009 Season

Aso -- Targeted 28 times

2010 Season

Wow, those are insane numbers for Aso
 01-09-2011, 09:32 AMonline - #18
justinjones 244 heat pts244

d 
space
$42,910 | POWERFUL
i just saw on espn that asomugha can leave oakland if he wants to now
 01-09-2011, 09:32 AMaway - #19
JustDoIt 

d 
space
$482 | 1357979
wonder who'll sign Aso now that hes a FA

Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided and he will be allowed to become a free agent without the Oakland Raiders being able to use their franchise tag on him, according to an NFL Players a$sociation document.
AFC West blog

ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Asomugha’s deal included a little-known clause that said his contract would void if he didn’t achieve his not-likely-to-be-earned incentives in 2010 -- and he didn'’t. His contract also contained a stipulation that if he didn’t achieve his incentives, the Raiders would agree not to designate him their franchise or transition player.
To achieve his incentives, Asomugha had to play in a greater number of defensive plays in 2010 than he did in 2009, and this season Asomugha played in only 14 games whereas he played in all 16 in 2009.
He also could have achieved his incentives by improving upon on his interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season -- but he didn?t have any interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season.
He will be the top defensive player available whenever free agency begins.

01-09-2011, 09:36 AMonline - #20
Chief Dee 6 heat pts

d 
space
$10,241 | POWERFUL
Props to this post, because I agree that picks dont define the corner and neither does how many tackles they have because all of that is based on how much they are targetted and how many opportunities there are to make plays. People get wowed at how many tackles or picks that a guy has. Shyt, completion percentages are a much better statistic. Plus I would agree that pass deflections are just as good as interceptions yet nobody focuses on pass deflections.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Wii U - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U >>>>
66 comments
NBA According to Bleacher Report: Steve Nash will miss entir..
50 comments
NBA 2013 Superteam Lakers the worst manufactured Superteam i..
76 comments
 NBA Espn First Take: Nash Or Iverson: Who's The Better Pla...
New reply 7 seconds ago - 163 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Image(s) inside White Girl Got Azz!!!!!!
New reply 5 minutes ago - 114 comments - by tokinjohn
 audio inside Lupe Fiasco - Haile Selassie Ft. Nikki Jean (prod. By ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 69 comments - by 10th Wonder
 Image(s) inside Alfie From Old Nick Show "my Brother & Me&quo...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 77 comments - by KleanKutt100
 Image(s) inside Daaaaamn My Nigga French Montana Back
New reply 3 minutes ago - 93 comments - by SHADOW
 NBA Kendrick Lamar, Kevin Hart Highlight Cleveland Cavalie...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 118 comments - by metatr0n
  Edward Norton Offers New Explanation For Not Playing H...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 55 comments - by Ham Rove
  Oct 23 - Substitute Teacher Gives Student A Bj On Her ...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 148 comments - by ima80baby

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,796 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.