This is BX @ Boxden.com


Anthony Robles (Born with One Leg) Wins NCAA Wrestling Championship


 Anthony Robles (Born with One Leg) Wins NCAA Wrestling Championship
 03-20-2011, 08:02 AMaway - #21
UADEnd95 

  d 
space
$872 | 487969
Originally Posted by PEK
He really does have a couple of unfair advantages when you think about it. Because he's missing a leg, his upper body strength is much than the 125lb kids that he's wrestling. He probably has the upper body strength of someone thats 40-50lbs heavier than him.
This. Not trying to discredit the guy, it takes determination to not let a handicap like that discourage you from participating in sports. But for wrestling he has a great strength advantage over all of his opponents because his natural weight. Not to mention, speaking as a former wrestler myself, how do you prepare to wrestle someone with one leg?
 03-20-2011, 08:11 AMaway - #22
Old Man Quillis 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$21,595 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jabo1091
#### seems unfair to me.
Originally Posted by DoMieD
As a wrestler I can tell you he has a ####load of unfair advantages.. If u watch that lil video you will notice dude couodnt get off his back bc there was no leg to grab.. He didnt know what to do and ut cost him 2 back points


I wrestled a guy with no legs and he has a less advantage than a guy with 1, but he was still strong as #### and hard to manuver around
Yall are some haters man. The sport is based on people having 2 legs but now a dude with one leg has an unfair advantage???




 03-20-2011, 08:13 AMaway - #23
Vincent_Chase 21 heat pts21

  d 
space
$9,662 | POWERFUL
amazing
 03-20-2011, 08:29 AMaway - #24
jawilksu 

  d 
space
$637 | 221836
its not fair the weight that he is wrestling at he has a body of a 160 lb person but since he is missing a leg he gets to wrestle 125 which is bull####.... we had this dude where i went to high school he had one leg and no one wanted to wrestle him because he was three times the size of everyone esle since he was missing a leg
 03-20-2011, 08:31 AMaway - #25
jawilksu 

  d 
space
$637 | 221836
Originally Posted by DoMieD
As a wrestler I can tell you he has a ####load of unfair advantages.. If u watch that lil video you will notice dude couodnt get off his back bc there was no leg to grab.. He didnt know what to do and ut cost him 2 back points


I wrestled a guy with no legs and he has a less advantage than a guy with 1, but he was still strong as #### and hard to manuver around
i know what you mean i mean dont get me wrong the arizona state dude is a good wrestle i watch him every year but this year but my hat goes off to him I wished he would of won it last year so he could of been back to back
 03-20-2011, 08:31 AMonline - #26
PEK 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$7,821 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by palogee
Yall are some haters man. The sport is based on people having 2 legs but now a dude with one leg has an unfair advantage???

You probably have never wrestled before. we aint trying to hate on the dude, but he really does have some unfair advantages. I'll list a few.

1. Upper body strength. The people he wrestles have 2 legs, he is missing a leg there for he has more strength in his upper body. When you are on the ground wrestling upper body strength to control your opponent is huge. the fact is he has the upper body strength that should be wrestling in the 168lb weight class, not 125.
2. In wrestling the 1st thing u are taught is single and double leg take downs. It is impossible to use those moves against him. There are a lot of other moves as well that cant be used against him.
3. Who are u gonna practice against that only has one leg? his opponents cant prepare for him.

Props to the guy for his achievements, but he does have some unfair advantages over his opponents.
 03-20-2011, 08:49 AMaway - #27
lfletcher 

  d 
space
$1,955 | 1772468
Thats CRAZY & Impressive!!

Sadly, dudes that lost to him will NEVER live that #### down. Got beat by a 1-legged man. :wow:
 03-20-2011, 09:54 AMaway - #28
Old Man Quillis 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$21,595 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PEK
You probably have never wrestled before. we aint trying to hate on the dude, but he really does have some unfair advantages. I'll list a few.

1. Upper body strength. The people he wrestles have 2 legs, he is missing a leg there for he has more strength in his upper body. When you are on the ground wrestling upper body strength to control your opponent is huge. the fact is he has the upper body strength that should be wrestling in the 168lb weight class, not 125.
2. In wrestling the 1st thing u are taught is single and double leg take downs. It is impossible to use those moves against him. There are a lot of other moves as well that cant be used against him.
3. Who are u gonna practice against that only has one leg? his opponents cant prepare for him.

Props to the guy for his achievements, but he does have some unfair advantages over his opponents.

And the hater tries to explain:lachen001:

1. If you know you are in a sport that requires a lot of upper body strength, shouldn't you be in the weight room? You are complaining that he is stronger in his upper body yet take no personal responsibility of making YOURSELF stronger. Bottom line he was hungrier than ALL of his opponents. I guess Usan Bolt had an unfair advantage in the 100 meters because he was taller than everyone else right???????

2. You are taught blah blah blah when you start. Well its been years since he started along with everyone else. When are you going to come up with plan B, C, and D if everyone is taught the same ####?

3. Are you saying now that in order to be the best you have to have 1 leg? The dude hasn't gone undefeated his whole career. He took L's before. Therefore that means he isn't invincible. But I will say this... If the opponents would have studied his tapes and prior matches that would have prepared them mentally(Kind of like how football teams watch film on their opponents to know what to expect).

Bottom line you are hating. If you came in this thread to say anything except positive things you are a hater. The dude is the champ and on the first page and first 5 comments or so there is talk of how it isn't fair. Think life is going to be fair to a man with one leg???? Your argument doesn't even have a leg to stand on.:lachen001:
 03-20-2011, 10:03 AMonline - #29
DoMieD 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$41,407 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by palogee
And the hater tries to explain:lachen001:

1. If you know you are in a sport that requires a lot of upper body strength, shouldn't you be in the weight room? You are complaining that he is stronger in his upper body yet take no personal responsibility of making YOURSELF stronger. Bottom line he was hungrier than ALL of his opponents. I guess Usan Bolt had an unfair advantage in the 100 meters because he was taller than everyone else right???????

2. You are taught blah blah blah when you start. Well its been years since he started along with everyone else. When are you going to come up with plan B, C, and D if everyone is taught the same ####?

3. Are you saying now that in order to be the best you have to have 1 leg? The dude hasn't gone undefeated his whole career. He took L's before. Therefore that means he isn't invincible. But I will say this... If the opponents would have studied his tapes and prior matches that would have prepared them mentally(Kind of like how football teams watch film on their opponents to know what to expect).

Bottom line you are hating. If you came in this thread to say anything except positive things you are a hater. The dude is the champ and on the first page and first 5 comments or so there is talk of how it isn't fair. Think life is going to be fair to a man with one leg???? Your argument doesn't even have a leg to stand on.:lachen001:
Clearly never wrestled a match in his life. You have no clue what you are saying. Do you realize the video proves you wrong? If you knew just a LITTLE about wrestling you could see that.
 03-20-2011, 11:23 AMaway - #30
Old Man Quillis 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$21,595 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DoMieD
Clearly never wrestled a match in his life. You have no clue what you are saying. Do you realize the video proves you wrong? If you knew just a LITTLE about wrestling you could see that.
No. I have never wrestled. But I do know that the one legged man is better than you ever were. And the fact he had the heart to only wrestle with one leg shows he is better than you will ever be. But I have a question..... How did he get coached to wrestle??? Did his coach have experience in teaching one legged wrestlers? Is this an easy thing to do? Why is this guy the only one to have done something like this?

You're a hater. And I never wrestled a day in my life.
 03-20-2011, 11:27 AMaway - #31
ReggieA 186 heat pts186

  d 
space
$31,864 | POWERFUL
Big ups to him and LOL @ Poor Lil Tink Tink video.
 03-20-2011, 11:34 AMaway - #32
mistatnn 

  d 
space
$2,854 | 5282647
^What the hell are you talking about? lol nobody is hating!! Clearly dude has advantages. and lol at that Usan Bolt comparison
 03-20-2011, 11:38 AMaway - #33
mistatnn 

  d 
space
$2,854 | 5282647
Originally Posted by lfletcher
Thats CRAZY & Impressive!!

Sadly, dudes that lost to him will NEVER live that #### down. Got beat by a 1-legged man. :wow:
Lol exactly what I was saying
 03-20-2011, 11:52 AMaway - #34
Tastemaker331 24 heat pts24

  d 
space
$32,340 | POWERFUL
yall see that ni##as moms?
 03-20-2011, 12:58 PMaway - #35
billieskeet 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$13,024 | 16339381
Originally Posted by lfletcher
Thats CRAZY & Impressive!!

Sadly, dudes that lost to him will NEVER live that #### down. Got beat by a 1-legged man. :wow:
Dude he's the best in his weight class this year, you acting like the dude is some scrub, he's the ncaa champion in his division this year. That's like ppl being ashamed of losing to Dwayne Wade.

And honestly if you've never wrestled or don't know anything about wrestling, you really shouldn't be commenting in the thread. I respect what dude has done so far, no letting his handicap be the end of it, but finding his place in life and finding how to work even with his handicap.
 03-20-2011, 01:16 PMaway - #36
PSC 

  d 
space
$534 | 301592
Originally Posted by mistatnn
Respect but this #### funny lolol...How the hell do you lose to a guy with one leg?!? I actually feel bad for the dude who lost. The rest of the semester hes gonna be getting clowned lol
I do wrestle and feel this is something that needs to be explained, mostly because it's something only wrestlers really will get and while all the media around him is nice, they aren't explaining this very well.

Robles's style, because he only has one leg, enables him to say incredibly low and move in a few ways around the mat that other wrestlers can't. Also, because Robles only has one leg, his opponents have had to change up their style to wrestle him.

Also, Robles physically is about the size of a 165 pounder. I've seen video of this doing hang cleans. He also can apparently bench 305 and do 100 pull ups in 2 minutes. If you look carefully in pictures of his final match, his arms were bigger than the Iowa guy's legs.

So basically, its a combination of an unorthodox style that people can't prepare for, his superhuman strength, and he really is just a great wrestler.
 03-20-2011, 01:27 PMonline - #37
PEK 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$7,821 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by palogee
And the hater tries to explain:lachen001:

1. If you know you are in a sport that requires a lot of upper body strength, shouldn't you be in the weight room? You are complaining that he is stronger in his upper body yet take no personal responsibility of making YOURSELF stronger. Bottom line he was hungrier than ALL of his opponents. I guess Usan Bolt had an unfair advantage in the 100 meters because he was taller than everyone else right???????

2. You are taught blah blah blah when you start. Well its been years since he started along with everyone else. When are you going to come up with plan B, C, and D if everyone is taught the same ####?

3. Are you saying now that in order to be the best you have to have 1 leg? The dude hasn't gone undefeated his whole career. He took L's before. Therefore that means he isn't invincible. But I will say this... If the opponents would have studied his tapes and prior matches that would have prepared them mentally(Kind of like how football teams watch film on their opponents to know what to expect).

Bottom line you are hating. If you came in this thread to say anything except positive things you are a hater. The dude is the champ and on the first page and first 5 comments or so there is talk of how it isn't fair. Think life is going to be fair to a man with one leg???? Your argument doesn't even have a leg to stand on.:lachen001:
Spoken like a true ####ing idiot.

1. Are you that stupid that you dont see the fact that he's missing a leg, so the weight that would be in that leg is now muscle in his upper body? If the kids he wrestled at 125 were too add more strength to match his they would be over the ####ing weight limit!

2. Just k## yourself for the 2nd comment. You think its fair to not be able to use half of your ####ing moves??? really.

3. You do realize that after teams watch film they go out and practice right?

Bottom line, you are a dumb a$s ####. Typical BX poster, if anyone has a different view they are a hater. Everyone here gave the guy his props, but simply point out he has advantages. We aint haters, we just know what we talking about. You aint never wrestled and dont know #### about the sport so u should just STFU! You dont have a brain nor a leg to stand on.
 03-20-2011, 02:12 PMaway - #38
fmoney88 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$4,338 | 0
Originally Posted by mikefernandes
i dont find this #### funny at all no diss on you ........but i find it really insane how he can just stand still with only one leg like that.........thats skill

are you mentally ill? what person cant stand still on one leg
 03-20-2011, 03:37 PMaway - #39
pandemon 8 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,055 | POWERFUL
palogee and mikefernandes are incredibly ####in dumb
 03-20-2011, 04:41 PMaway - #40
Optimus Crime 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,590 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by palogee
And the hater tries to explain:lachen001:

1. If you know you are in a sport that requires a lot of upper body strength, shouldn't you be in the weight room? You are complaining that he is stronger in his upper body yet take no personal responsibility of making YOURSELF stronger. Bottom line he was hungrier than ALL of his opponents. I guess Usan Bolt had an unfair advantage in the 100 meters because he was taller than everyone else right???????
lol yeah Palogee is obviously ignorant about the finer intricacies of wrestling as a sport. I would talk about his other points, but his number 1 is very telling about his knowledge of the sport...

First of all, he talks about Usain Bolt being taller so he has an unfair advantage. Track is not a sport that takes into account the difference between the size of competitors. Wrestling is a sport with WEIGHT classes. And cutting and making weight is part of the entire strategy. Missing a leg is missing a lot of weight. On the average person a leg is roughly 20% of your body mass. He's wrestling at 125 pounds with the overall body mass of ~157 or 165 pounder.

Plus if you look at his videos, He's shooting double legs, and his opponents are tying to figure out how to secure the take down on him with one leg.

And finally, no one was hating. They all gave props where props are due. What's he's doing is amazing, but if you're a wrestler... after watching the videos... You can't help but think that there are some unfair advantages.... Because there are lol...
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Norris Cole New Jump-Off
86 comments
The Sopranos Ending 7 years later
59 comments
Video inside  SWAT Team Busts Counter Strike Player Mid-Game in Elab..
53 comments
 Image(s) inside Childish Gambino - Stn Mtn | Kauai (cover/poster)[gang...
New reply 6 seconds ago - 59 comments - by justinjones
 Image(s) inside Chiwire Season 7?: Opps Shot At Bosstop 16 Times
New reply 11 minutes ago - 106 comments - by NoLastName
 BOX Floyd Mayweather Sr: "the Mayweater-pacquiao Figh...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 97 comments - by Ladklap
 Image(s) inside Aug 28 - Graphic: Isis On A New Level Of Low
New reply 11 minutes ago - 76 comments - by Icon709
 Article inside Joe Budden Tweeting From Jail. :deadpg:
New reply 3 minutes ago - 89 comments - by Yung Dilla
 Video inside The Breakfast Club: Is It Ok For Straight Men To Call ...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 65 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Image(s) inside Beyonce's Father Confirms Solange-jay Z Lift Attack Wa...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 101 comments - by Sniggit
 Video inside Jae Millz Speaks On 7 Years With Ymcmb And Still No Al...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 70 comments - by Guvnor

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.