Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Antawn Jamison says Kobe Bryant asks his teammates to yell at him when he sees ‘nothing but that bas

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
112 viewing
NBA BREAKING NEWS: Kobe Bryant's rating on 2k16 released :whoa: :welldamn: :da..
173 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
104 viewing
The Day the Music Died: The 1995 Source Awards
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
95 viewing
 Video inside Plastic Surgeon creates his perfect wife
85 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
91 viewing
 Image inside George Zimmerman...
77 comments
@wild'ish
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Antawn Jamison says Kobe Bryant asks his teammates to yell at him when he sees ‘nothing but that bas
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #1
10810 pageviews
104 comments

ThePainkiller 308 heat pts308 space
This is the Pain k!ller
space
$57,427 | POWERFUL
In a remarkably short interview with ESPN’s Max and Marcellus Show on Wednesday, Los Angeles Lakers forward Antawn Jamison managed to cram about a lifetime’s worth of insight into the mind of one Kobe Bean Bryant. Insight into his sometimes-charming, often-infuriating, usually-game tilting tunnel vision when it comes to locking in on the rim, and ignoring the nine other players that happen to share the court with the future Hall of Famer.

Jamison, who has played a major part in Los Angeles’ recent 19-8 run toward respectability, pulled no punches in both praising Kobe’s abilities as a team leader, and instincts as one of the more fearsome gunners in NBA history. As transcribed by Dave McMenamin at ESPN Los Angeles:

"Kobe will tell you," Jamison said. "He's like, 'Look, you guys as my teammates, yell at me. Let me know that you're open because I'm so programmed,' and this guy has told me this, 'I see nothing but that basket. You could be open, there could be three guys on me, but the only thing I see is that basket so you have to tell me, Look, I was open. Or yell at me mid-play. That doesn't affect me at all and I respect that.' "

[pic - click to view]

Jamison said the veteran-laden roster has adapted to Bryant's style and the players have no problem with confronting the five-time champion.

"I think the thing we've seen in the past was most teammates might have been afraid to come to him or express, 'Kob' I was open,' or, 'That's not what we drew up,' " Jamison said. "The thing I like about this team, Steve Nash -- who is a Hall of Famer -- and Dwight [Howard] as well, Dwight and Kobe have gotten into shouting matches on the bench because Dwight will be like, 'Kob', that's your rotation. Get there.' And after the game he'll be like, 'Appreciate it, big fella. I needed that.' "

[pic - click to view]

(Ahahahaha, Kobe Bryant’s old man defense is so bad that even Dwight Howard can call him out.)

Bryant, in spite of the presence of Steve Nash and Dwight Howard, is leading the NBA in shots per game attempts for the third straight season – and if the trend continues he will have topped the league in this particular stat in six out of the last eight years.

This is only a dis, though, when Bryant is taking bad shots. In 2011 and 2012, sure, Kobe seemed obsessed with pump fakes and long two-point jumpers, chucking away despite the presence of Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol’s high-efficiency impact. This season? His shooting percentage has gone way up, despite a Laker offense that is still finding its way, and though his free throw attempts are at about the same rate Bryant is mixing in far more drives and less contested bombs. He’s also back to shooting around 34 percent from behind the three-point arc, a sub-average but still respectable mark.

Despite the ball-hog criticism, though, it’s important to remind fans that Bryant routinely leads all shooting guards in a.ssists per game. It’s true that Kobe’s big per-game numbers are partly a function of him dominating the ball quite a bit, but he leads all off guards in a.ssists per game this season (at 5.8 a game) by a wide margin over Dallas O.J. Mayo at second place, and that’s with a five-time a.ssists per game leader in Steve Nash working alongside him. Nobody rips on Kobe more than me for not taking a page out of the Michael Jordan-playbook and submitting to work off the ball more, but these are numbers that cannot be ignored.

Jamison, in the interview, made a point to talk up Bryant’s obsession with getting basketball just right:

"It's great to be with him," Jamison said. "I love a guy who expects so much from his teammates. He pushes his teammates. After games, we're traveling, guys are on their laptops, their iPads, watching movies, listening to music, this guy is watching film. He's breaking down situations. I'll be watching a movie, he'll tap me like, 'Come here.' He'll dissect plays like, 'This is what we got to do, me and you got to get this going.' I mean, this guy eats, sleeps basketball and the only thing he wants to do is to win another championship and I've never seen anybody as focused, as dedicated as Kobe."

[pic - click to view]

Jamison has enjoyed a needed resurgence, averaging double-figure points for the Lakers in February and March despite playing around 24 minutes a contest, making 48 percent of his shots and over 40 percent of his three-pointers. Antawn’s ability to finish broken plays is a needed a.sset for a Laker team that is working with a coach that didn’t have a training camp to work through, and a point guard coming off of (basically) a broken leg. His production has been incredibly important.

What’s driving the Lakers to the playoffs, though, is Bryant’s turnaround. And not those turnaround jumpers he used to make 38 percent of in 2011 and 2012. Through one of the wilder NBA seasons we’ve seen, Kobe Bryant’s production has remained steadfast; save for a few wintertime blips. The Lakers may not have the championship mixture in place until Howard gets healthy and Mike D’Antoni figures out just how to put this all together, but the biggest reason they’ll play past the second week of April is Kobe Bryant’s insistence on getting this right.

This year, at least, it has been worth the occasional programmed heave at the rim. Kobe Bryant is having a fantastic season, and all of basketball is better off for his obsession.
Y! SPORTS
3 peeps gave props to ThePainkiller Bkjj11 (03-21-2013) , Mully805 (03-22-2013) , hot topic  (03-21-2013)

top in section
45 viewing
 Video inside PAUSE!.....Prisoner known as ‘Booty Warrior’ to be released
137 comments
top in wild'ish/24hrs
top in section
30 viewing
 Article inside Meek Mill Got Hacked By Some Kids Who Started Shouting Themselves Out
11 comments
top in hiphop/24hrs

Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #2
T.O.N.Y. 3404 heat pts3404 space
100% Brooklyn
space
$61,668 | POWERFUL
Kobe is a fu*king clown fu*k he talmbout
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #3
StateProperty88 30 heat pts30 space
Goodwill is the Monarch
space
$34,897 | POWERFUL
let the kobe stan circle jerk commence
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #4
Youngin19 35 heat pts35 space
space
$5,412 | POWERFUL
exactly why Bron is better than him...this ain't fu*kin 1 on 1. Bron sees the whole floor and anticipates where the open man will be
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #5
OC123 138 heat pts138 space
BasedBoy
space
$21,010 | POWERFUL
i wonder who sons kobe the most, dwight or metta world peace
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #6
Cheeze 496 heat pts496 space
space
$31,686 | POWERFUL
They must get hoarse
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #7
klew 227 heat pts227 space
space
$8,986 | POWERFUL
So you're telling me this whole time we thought Kobe was taking bad shots, he didn't know he was being triple/quadruple teamed?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #8
iggyemu  space
space
$21,115 | POWERFUL
Pretty sure he has tunnel vision and tunnel hearing. Cuz if they yelling he ain't hearing em.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #9
Anahuac 31 heat pts31 space
JCC Jr - GOAT Bum
space
$9,507 | POWERFUL
Hellen Keller of the league
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #10
PussyFiend  space
5 Still Beats 2
space
$5,163 | 17564392
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #11
Storchaveli 84 heat pts84 space
space
$26,577 | POWERFUL
After games, we're traveling, guys are on their laptops, their iPads, watching movies, listening to music, this guy is watching film. He's breaking down situations. I'll be watching a movie, he'll tap me like, 'Come here.' He'll dissect plays like, 'This is what we got to do, me and you got to get this going.' I mean, this guy eats, sleeps basketball and the only thing he wants to do is to win another championship and I've never seen anybody as focused, as dedicated as Kobe."

Youngin19 said:
exactly why Bron is better than him...
Count the rings, kid. Also, Bron's game is basically built around him bullying himself into the basket (which is not necessarily a bad thing given his body type) but Kobe is a pure basketball player. Kobe's skill set >>> LeBron's. And I don't even hate Bron like that.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #12
Kobane 137 heat pts137 space
PSN: childishxo
space
$12,936 | POWERFUL
Nothing but Mamba
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #13
DrX 56 heat pts56 space
J Cole is a L
space
$34,925 | POWERFUL
thats the difference between him and bron...bron makes the pass
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #14
ZeusSlaps 678 heat pts678 space
Finesse The World
space
$23,599 | POWERFUL
Storchaveli said:
Kobe's skill set >>> LeBron's
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - on now - #15
Im Soo Special 55 heat pts55 space
space
$15,007 | POWERFUL
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #16
Bea5T 136 heat pts136 space
space
$20,295 | POWERFUL
DrX said:
thats the difference between him and bron...bron makes the pass
Kobe is averaging almost 6 a.ssists

Shooting guards aren't supposed to shoot now?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #17
Aleandroid 518 heat pts518 space
#inChipwetrust
space
$16,692 | POWERFUL
MicRaFhone said:
Better than him? LOL youre not to smart are you? Stats & Rings dont lie. LBJ has a LONG way to go..
Storchaveli said:

Count the rings, kid. Also, Bron's game is basically built around him bullying himself into the basket (which is not necessarily a bad thing given his body type) but Kobe is a pure basketball player. Kobe's skill set >>> LeBron's. And I don't even hate Bron like that.
still holding on to the past
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #18
Bullet22 54 heat pts54 space
space
$7,803 | POWERFUL
StateProperty88 said:
let the kobe stan circle jerk commence
What's funny is you were in here before Kobe stans
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #19
The Bully 234 heat pts234 space
space
$37,281 | POWERFUL
you'd think with that locked-in tunnel vision and close relationship he has with hoop he'd be able to convert more than 47% of his shots at least once in his career
Unread 2 years agoclass of '13 - away - #20
EZ Green 37 heat pts37 space
100 PROOF
space
$2,404 | POWERFUL
You cant question the mans dedication tho.

Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
43 viewing
Image inside Minister Creflo Dollar Now Wants $114MM For Luxury Yacht :deadpg:
139 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
28 viewing
NBA NBA magazine cover fails
86 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Image inside Aug 28 - Almost All Ground Beef Has Fecal Contamination, Research Says
70 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Video inside The Ass, The Hair, The Face
60 comments
23 hours ago
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Video inside BreakfastClub w/ French Montana: Vodka Wars, Jim Jones, Did He film DJK..
63 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
The new Verizon rate plans
104 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
12 viewing
The Worst Stans In Rap
82 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Video inside Source Magazine: Eazy-E - It’s On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa: 2 1/2 Mi..
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time