Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Anderson Silva wants to f!ght Roy Jones Jr., not Jon Jones

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
87 viewing
 Image inside Are we not gunna talk about Kim Kardashians ass?
35 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
64 viewing
Video inside The Weeknd dislikes Miley Cyrus :dead:
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 viewing
 NFL RIP to the careers of 3 top 10 picks of the 2012 draft
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
43 viewing
 Article inside Birdman's Personal Assistant Sues For $355,000
51 comments
@hiphop
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)
 

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Anderson Silva wants to f!ght Roy Jones Jr., not Jon Jones
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #1
1395 pageviews
27 comments


thehammer 731 heat pts731 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$4,448 | POWERFUL
image
For a period of time there were concerns that UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva wanted to take time off from mixed martial arts and pursue a boxing match with Roy Jones Jr. That bit of nonsense eventually died down, Silva signed a new UFC deal and it appeared to have been forgotten.

Except that Silva is bringing up wanting to f!ght Jones again, stating that he's more interested in that then a superf!ght with Jon Jones:

"I think everyone’s got something they’re focused on and that’s my own desire, something I’d like to do," Silva said through a translator. "Maybe one day when I’m done my UFC career I will box Roy Jones."

Silva said he’d be interested in taking on Jones Jr. twice – once in a bout with MMA rules and another in a boxing ring. He said he knows Jones Jr. and calls him "a great champion."

When the potential crossover matchup was first proposed back in 2009, Jones Jr. was coming off a win over Jeff Lacy in a WBO NABO light heavyweight title bout. Now, Jones Jr. is 44 years old and has lost three of his past five f!ghts. He’s well past his prime.

"Past his prime" is some generous phrasing.

I've been a huge fan of Roy since I was a kid, he's a large part of cementing me as a massive combat sports fan. But he is shot. In 2009 I'd have still said that Jones would have boxed circles around Silva -- something I stand by -- but at this point Jones has nothing left.

Jones' official losses haven't come to bad competition, but his recent two f!ght win streak came over Max Alexander -- who was on a 0-5-1 run coming into the f!ght -- and a controversial split decision over Pawel Glazewski -- who probably should have won the f!ght.

I get that it's something Silva has thought about for a long time, but he'd be well served to just drop it as it's simply a sad idea at this point.
Reply With Quote
Props given to thehammer hot topic  (05-31-2013)

top in section
31 viewing
 Image inside Kylie Jenner Braless On Instagram
13 comments
top in eyecandy/24hrs
top in section
25 viewing
Almost every single detail about Apple's new TV just leaked ahead of its launch
15 comments
top in tech/24hrs

Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #2
all3rd 495 heat pts495 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$55,849 | POWERFUL
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #3
LowaEastSide5 136 heat pts136 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$25,126 | POWERFUL
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '13 - away - #4
Curly Wap 78 heat pts78 space
avatar space
when thugs cry
space
$33,906 | POWERFUL
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #5
Dee352 167 heat pts167 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$9,963 | POWERFUL
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #6
Y.G. 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$31,754 | POWERFUL
Seriously Spider?

It would have been nice to see Roy in his prime knockout the best boxer in MMA in 3 rounds though.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #7
ReppinDaBurghh 54 heat pts54 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$47,380 | POWERFUL
Y.G. said:
Seriously Spider?

It would have been nice to see Roy in his prime knockout the best boxer in MMA in 3 rounds though.
Honestly, he would probably knock him out in one round. I sincerely doubt Silva could last 3 rounds.

Having said that, Silva would destroy Jones in 1 round in MMA as well.

So it's a stupid argument.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #8
IceMan 28 heat pts28 space
avatar space
Boxdens O.G.
space
$3,404 | POWERFUL
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #9
Cheeze 496 heat pts496 space
avatar space
Registered User
space
$31,686 | POWERFUL
Talk about a misleading thread title

the hate
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #10
Y.G. 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$31,754 | POWERFUL
ReppinDaBurghh said:
Honestly, he would probably knock him out in one round. I sincerely doubt Silva could last 3 rounds.

Having said that, Silva would destroy Jones in 1 round in MMA as well.

So it's a stupid argument.
He probably would end the f!ght in the 1st. I was just trying to give Spider some credit.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #11
Y.G. 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$31,754 | POWERFUL
Cheeze said:
Talk about a misleading thread title

the hate
What's misleading about the thread title breh? Anderson still wants to f!ght Roy.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #12
Cheeze 496 heat pts496 space
avatar space
Registered User
space
$31,686 | POWERFUL
Y.G. said:
What's misleading about the thread title breh? Anderson still wants to f!ght Roy.
Making it sound like he wants to f!ght ONLY Roy Jones Jr. and never wants to f!ght Jon Jones even though it says in the article "after my UFC career is over" he'd f!ght Roy.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #13
Y.G. 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$31,754 | POWERFUL
Cheeze said:
Making it sound like he wants to f!ght ONLY Roy Jones Jr. and never wants to f!ght Jon Jones even though it says in the article "after my UFC career is over" he'd f!ght Roy.
Oh okay, got you.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - on now - #14
Yung Dilla 1257 heat pts1257 space
avatar space
Damn Misses renae..
space
$44,281 | POWERFUL
lol misleading title and most of you n*ggas read only the title and commented.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #15
Y.G. 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$31,754 | POWERFUL
Yung Dilla said:
lol misleading title and most of you n*ggas read only the title and commented.
Most people are commenting on the fact that he still wants to f!ght 44-year old Roy Jones Jr.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #16
elferoz 17 heat pts17 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,222 | 14544486
roy would probably still beat silva in a boxing match.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #17
dblockallday  space
avatar space
ELI THE GOD
space
$6,615 | POWERFUL
people always over rate guys just because they're pro boxers. even back in 09 when roy wasn't completely done it would have been a decent match. silva probably would have lost a decision but could have caught roy and knocked him out.

do people not realize how much bigger and stronger anderson is? or the fact he has a far superior chin and arguably more punching power? even back then i recall roy in most of his f!ghts would just hang on the ropes and block the whole time looking for counters. his foot and hand speed was long gone.

it's like an inferiority complex that boxing fans have thinking there is a huge gap between the best boxers in mma and over the hill boxers. we're not talking about a prime boxing champion taking on a decent mma striker, we're talking arguably the best striker mma has ever seen going against a washed up boxer with a suspect chin (even back in 09 when this was first brought up roy was washed up already)

i don't have a problem with people thinking roy would have won, but saying nonsense about him finishing silva in 1 round? you can't be serious with that.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #18
DrX 56 heat pts56 space
avatar space
J Cole is a L
space
$34,925 | POWERFUL
man if roy lost that, that would tint his legacy
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #19
Y.G. 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$31,754 | POWERFUL
dblockallday said:
people always over rate guys just because they're pro boxers. even back in 09 when roy wasn't completely done it would have been a decent match. silva probably would have lost a decision but could have caught roy and knocked him out.

do people not realize how much bigger and stronger anderson is? or the fact he has a far superior chin and arguably more punching power? even back then i recall roy in most of his f!ghts would just hang on the ropes and block the whole time looking for counters. his foot and hand speed was long gone.

it's like an inferiority complex that boxing fans have thinking there is a huge gap between the best boxers in mma and over the hill boxers. we're not talking about a prime boxing champion taking on a decent mma striker, we're talking arguably the best striker mma has ever seen going against a washed up boxer with a suspect chin (even back in 09 when this was first brought up roy was washed up already)

i don't have a problem with people thinking roy would have won, but saying nonsense about him finishing silva in 1 round? you can't be serious with that.
Spider has more punching power than Roy Jones Jr.?

Roy (arguably one of the greatest f!ghters of all time) couldn't stop Spider in the 1st? The same Spider that isn't a professional boxer? Right.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #20
PhantomRaviolis  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$152 | 680543
Im actually having trouble deciding who would win this f!ght.

Would watch
Reply With Quote
 
Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter
  
    
          join bx

 


that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
28 viewing
Video inside EAZY-E SONNING DAZ N KURUPT & mich'ele :mjlol:
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Image inside How To Tell If Your 'Pirate Black' adidas Yeezy 350 Boosts Are Real or..
15 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Aug 30 - Scienctists Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death
316 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Video inside Well Damn! Real Evidence Virginia Shooting Was A HOAX!!!
670 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Video inside When you support your girl even when she wont even look at you...
266 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Image inside I wanna go home with two or three girls!
20 comments
1 day ago
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
7 viewing
So we gon act like the VMA's wasn't pushing the agenda tonight
417 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Image inside Rick Ross 'Foreclosures" New Diss, Single, Or Album?
116 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time