6.19.21 Football Thread
 04-06-2013, 06:51 PMaway - #681
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
FSU Practice Quick Hitters - 4/6
Noles247 Staff Reply

* Teams practicing inside the stadium today.

* Running back Devonta Freeman is still out, but no boot on the foot.

* Running back Mario Pender has gotten some work at punt returner today.

* Tight end Nick O'Leary participating, but wearing a blue non-contact jersey.

* Offensive lineman Tre Jackson has chopped off his dreads.

* Defensive end Demarcus Walker is still not dressed or participating.

* A lot of recruits at practice:
Jacksonville (Fla.) Sandalwood five-star linebacker Kain Daub. He was spending time with Walker while watching the practice. He was accompanied on the field by his older brother.
Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln prospects including three-star defensive back Kendall Randolph, linebacker Jeff Williams, tight end/offensive lineman Joshua Deckerhoff, and defensive end Marcellius Davis.
Fitzgerald (Ga.) prospects including athlete Antonio Wilcox.
Bluffton (S.C.) prospects including defensive tackle Keith Ford and defensive end Shameik Blackshear.

* No media access to players or coaches today.
 04-06-2013, 06:53 PMaway - #682
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
Holland visited FSU this spring

Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian Academy sophomore linebacker Jeffery Holland most recently hit the road to check out a pair of in-state schools that he claims an offer from.

"I went to Florida State and Florida for a practice like two weeks ago,” Holland said.

Holland made his way to Tallahassee at the start of spring practice for the Seminoles.

“I went to their first spring practice,” Holland said. “I just focused on their linebackers and their technique. I learned some new stuff.”

The 6-foot-2, 215-pound linebacker is being recruited heavily by defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt and defensive line coach Odell Haggins, both of whom help to recruit the Jacksonville area for the Seminoles.

“I have been talking to them a lot,” Holland said. “They just tell me to stay humble and stay in the weight room.”

Prior to visiting Florida State, Holland made his way to Gainesville to check out the Gators.

“I just learned a lot of technique. Some of the things that the linebackers do to get better,” Holland said. “I just paid close attention to how they work with their bigger linebackers.”

Holland is being recruited by his prospective position coach with the Gators.

“I talk to (defensive coordinator and linebackers) Coach (D.J.) Durkin a lot,” Holland said. “He just tells me that I can play a good role at Florida.”

Holland picked up an offer from Clemson on Thursday. He now claims more than a dozen offers. He doesn’t have a leader but admits a few schools have made a strong impression at this point.

“Not really,” Holland said when asked if he had a leader. “Florida, Ohio State, and Florida State are up there.”

Holland plans to take a few more visits in the coming weeks and months.

“I plan to go up to South Carolina and North Carolina after spring,” Holland said. “I also want to see Ohio State and Alabama.”

Clemson is another school that Holland intends to see after the spring.
 04-06-2013, 07:15 PMaway - #683
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
FSU in good shape for Ohio RB

Middletown (Ohio) Lakota West three-star running back Mikel Horton is nearing a decision. The 6-foot-1, 225-pound back is planning on making a final decision by the end of April.

Horton took in a practice while he was on his visit to FSU.

The main teams in the running for Horton's services are Michigan State, Kentucky, Louisville, Cincinnati, Arkansas and Florida State.

On Tuesday, Horton visited Florida State for the first time. While on campus he spent time with current FSU running back James Wilder and running back coach Jay Graham.

"It was a great. The people there and the coaches were great," Horton said. "I got to talk with James Wilder and he showed me the ropes."

Horton admits he's a big James Wilder fan.

"It was really cool to meet him. He's a big guy. I thought I was big, but he made me look small. He's a hard worker and he showed me what it's like to be a Seminole. He talked to me a lot about the play calling, the offensive schemes and the things they do at practice," Horton said. "You can tell Florida State is a wonderful place and I wouldn't mind staying there for four years."

New FSU running backs coach Jay Graham was not shy about letting Horton know that the 'Noles want him.

"He was telling me to commit because he hasn't seen a recruit this year with my size and ability," Horton said. "He likes my flexibility and running style. He just wants me to be a Seminole."

All the commit talk got Horton thinking.

"I was thinking about it, but I didn't do it, I was thinking about it. I'm going to talk to my mom about it some more, maybe take a few visits," Horton said. "I'm going to know where I want to go by the end of April. Me and my parents still need to spend a little more time figuring it all out."

Next up on the visit schedule is Arkansas, it could be the final visit Horton makes before his decision at the end of April. Besides Florida State, Horton has already visited Alabama, Vanderbilt and Mississippi State this spring.

"Florida State has been one of the visits I really enjoyed," Horton said. "It stands out to me."

247Sports.com ranks Horton as the 49th best running and 31st best prospect in Ohio.
 04-06-2013, 07:36 PMaway - #684
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
Mississippi WR focused on FSU

Purvis (Miss.) four-star wide receiver Markell Pack has been racking up the offers this spring. In the last month, Pack has received offers from the likes of Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Florida State, Arkansas and Ole Miss to name a few.

Markell Pack consistently runs in the 4.4 range.

He has remained in regular contact with the Seminoles since they extended their offer in late February.

"I talk with Florida State," Pack said. "I pretty much just talk with them, they've been coming after me real hard."

New tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator Tim Brewster is Pack's main recruiter. The two began talking when Brewster was still at Mississippi State, his previous gig before Florida State hired him in February.

"He's real open minded and easy to talk to," Pack said. "Our relationship has gotten stronger now that he's at Florida State."

Pack and Brewster have been working on a date for the wideout to make his way to Tallahassee and check out the Seminoles.

"I like Florida State a lot. I'm probably going to there sometime this summer for camp and to meet the staff,: Pack said. "I want to get to know the wide receiver coach (Lawrence Dawsey) a little better and see the facilities."

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound wide receiver says he doesn't have a leader, but FSU is the primary school he keeps in contact with. As of now Pack has no other trips planned and he says FSU could potentially be his next visit.

A final decision isn't likely to come in the immediate future.

"I'm looking to make a decision sometime after my senior year," Pack said.

247Sports.com ranks Markell Pack as a four-star prospect, 207th overall and as the 23rd best receiver in the country.

Josh Newberg:

It sounded to me that Markell doesn't have the money or time to make a lot of visits. He won't be able to make it to FSU until the summer. I don't see him committing at least until he's had a chance to visit.
 04-08-2013, 04:44 PMaway - #685
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
Several prospects set to visit FSU (Updated: 4/8 5:45 p.m.)

Florida State is expected to host dozens of prospects on Saturday for the annual Garnet and Gold Game. We will continue to update this list with visitors as we confirm them:

4/13 - Spring Game Visitors
QB/ATH Ryan Davis (2015)
RB Jordan Scarlett (2015)
RB Kerryon Johnson (2015)
RB Jacques Patrick (2015) (maybe)
RB Ish Witter
WR Johnnie Dixon
WR Krenwick Sanders
WR Raheem Harvey (maybe)
TE/DE Garrett Williams (2015)
OT Ethan Frith
OT Zack Bailey (2015)
OG Josh Allen
OG Blake Browning (2015)
DE Andrew Williams
LB Brice Hamilton
CB Mike Johnson
CB Tony Brown
S Shawn Boone

RB Ryan Green (2013 signee)
TE Jeremy Kerr (2013 signee)
OL Wilson Bell (2013 signee)

Previous spring visitors and updates:

3/19
RB Sony Michel

3/20
LB Jeffery Holland (2015) (Update: Holland visited FSU this spring)

3/21

3/22

3/23

3/24

3/25
LB Kain Daub (Update: Daub recaps Monday visit to FSU)
OL Jesse Burkett

3/26
OL David Sharpe (Update: Five-star OT recaps FSU visit)

3/27

3/28
LB Rashaan Evans

3/29
LB Andrew Beck (Update: FSU visit impresses Beck and family)

3/30
TE Jakell Mitchell
DB John Battle (Update: Battle talks weekend visit to FSU)
WR C.J. Worton (Update: FSU visit excites Worton)
ATH Mario Mezier
WR Malcolm Vandergraff

RB Jamel Burgess
QB Nigel Dillard
WR Jacob McCrary (Update: Former commitment visits FSU)
CB Stephen Roberts (Update: Roberts impressed by FSU practice)
LB Frank Newman
DB Devante Gulley
RB Karoney Oliver
WR Terrance Rutherford
WR Marquise Fulton
CB Aldrecous Wilson

3/31

4/1
QB DeAndre Johnson (2015)
LB Jacob Pugh

4/2
RB/S T.J. Harrell (Update: Harrell recaps Tuesday FSU visit)
OL Corey Martinez (Update: Martinez recaps FSU visit)
WR Dominique Booth (Update: 'Noles reiterate what Booth knows)

4/3
RB Mikel Horton (Update: FSU in good shape for Ohio RB)
ATH Ricky Brookins
S Austin Massey

4/4
OT Will Richardson (Update: FSU makes a move with Richardson)
DE Austin Bryant (2015) (Update: 2015 Peach State defender checks out FSU)
OL George Panos

4/5

4/6
LB Kain Daub (Update: Daub commits to FSU)
QB Jalan McClendon (Update: McClendon talks visit and offer)
RB Shaun Wilson
DT Keith Ford
DE Shameik Blackshear (2015)
DB Kendall Randolph
LB Jeff Williams
TE Joshua Deckerhoff
DL Marcellius Davis
ATH Antonio Wilcox

4/7

4/8
LB Kain Daub
DE Blake McClain
ATH Vosean Crumbie

4/9

4/10

4/11

4/12
 04-08-2013, 04:45 PMaway - #686
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
FSU Monday practice/scrimmage quick hitters

- Defensive end DeMarcus Walker is still not cleared to practice.

- Cornerback Keelin Smith not participating today. Dressed but no shoulder pads.

- Defensive tackle Derrick Mitchell is dressed and in shoulder pads.

- Defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan appears to be absent.

- With Jernigan absent, Nile Lawrence-Stample was working with the first team beside Eddie Goldman.

- Running back Devonta Freeman is still out.

- It appears wide receiver Marvin Bracy is still absent.

- Former defensive tackle Anthony 'Amp' McCloud in attendance and watching.

- FSU commitments Kain Daub and Blake McClain from Jacksonville (Fla.) Sandalwood were in attendance. They were accompanied by their coach and another teammate.

- Tallahassee (Fla.) Rickards athlete Vosean Crumbie was another prospect present at practice today.

We'll have more this evening once things conclude.
 04-08-2013, 04:48 PMaway - #687
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
McDaniel healthy and hungry

The ankle injury was awful. Jacobbi McDaniel knew it at the time and it was a challenge for him every step of the way through what was essentially 16 months of rehabilitation.

Jacobbi McDaniel is in the mix for playing time after fracturing his ankle in October, 2011.

It could have been far worse. When talking about the ankle, the senior defensive tackle was asked if he had seen the play or the film of the injury. And then he drew a comparison to Louisville guard Kevin Ware. For McDaniel, Ware’s injury was too much to watch.

But McDaniel knew he could have suffered something very similar.

“The bone wasn’t sticking out; I had my ankles taped up pretty good,” McDaniel said. “They say if I didn’t

have on any tape, it probably would have popped out. It was a good thing that I had tape on that day.”

Nearly 18 months after he dislocated the right ankle at Duke on October 15, 2011, McDaniel is enjoying spring practice. He is happy to be practicing – without pain – for the first time these past few months.

“I’ve been out so long,” McDaniel said. “I felt wonderful. Having a second chance at something that I love, to compete with my teammates once again. To become relevant once again. Once the spring game comes, I’m just going to go out there and play. Have fun.”

For too long, McDaniel wasn’t having any fun on the field. Or in his daily life. McDaniel was moving around on a “scooter,” pushing himself forward around campus, around the athletic center, anywhere he needed to go. For eight months, he couldn’t put pressure on the right foot. So his knee was often resting on the cushion, while he pushed himself everywhere.

Even as he attempted to get to his apartment. Which was on the second floor. Yes, even going up the stairs to relax on the sofa or go to sleep was a challenge.

McDaniel tried to come back in August, taking part in practice one day but then having to sit out the next. The ankle wouldn’t let him go consecutive days.

Jacobbi McDaniel runs through one of FSU's recent Fourth Quarter Drills.

“Last season I wasn’t ready,” said McDaniel, who took a redshirt in 2012. “I tried and tried.”

McDaniel said he always had the support of teammates and defensive tackles coach Odell Haggins. They tried to keep his mind off the injury, but often it was just engrained in his daily existence.

His friend from their Madison County days, tailback Chris Thompson was of course a daily inspiration for McDaniel. They were able to bond over the injuries and help each other through their rehabs.

“You never saw him with his head down,” McDaniel said.

But it was hard for McDaniel to be as positive. While the rehabilitation was challenging, McDaniel was frustrated that he missed the little things. Like practice.

“When everybody else is at practice, you’re doing rehab by yourself,” McDaniel said. “That’s an everyday thing. Sometimes you can get real down. But it’s mind over matter. I knew what I had to do. … Football is my life. If I couldn’t play football no more it would be a real depressing moment.”

McDaniel is now back for his final season at Florida State. Who knows where he will fall on the depth chart this fall, especially with talented players like Timmy Jernigan, Eddie Goldman, Derrick Mitchell and Nile Lawrence-Stample, along with experienced veterans like Demonte McAllister (who is out this spring).

And McDaniel is in the mix for playing time.

“I saw the first couple of days he was real tentative, but you see him each day getting better and better,” FSU coach Jimbo Fisher said.

McDaniel has 33 games of college football experience. And 65 career tackles. The most important number to him is one – that he at least has one season left to prove to himself, his team and fans what he can do.

The good thing about defensive tackle is the rotation. Haggins will substitute tackles frequently to keep them fresh. And in reality, McDaniel will see plenty of time on the field if he is one of the top four tackles.

To McDaniel, whether he starts or comes off the bench doesn’t matter. Just the fact that he is able to practice this spring and that he can look forward to playing Saturdays this fall is plenty.

“I’m just ready to play football,” McDaniel said. “Every day I’ve been going to spring practice happy. I don’t care 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s. It don’t matter to me.”
 04-08-2013, 04:50 PMaway - #688
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
FSU not going to stop recruiting Gibbons

After today's announcement ceremony I spoke to Reilly Gibbons father for about 15 minutes. One of the things he told me was that Trickett sent Reilly a message this morning on Facebook saying that FSU was not going to stop recruiting him. Reilly showed it to his father in the morning and they both liked that Trickett was still competing, they said that's what they'd expect from him.

His father said that they put a lot of stock into the track record of the OL coaches and he thought Art Kehoe and Rick Trickett were two of the best they encountered throughout the process. He said the two are very similar and he wasn't surprised that Trickett isn't giving up on Reilly.

Interesting you ask that. One of the things his dad said was that when Reilly started falling in love with Miami he took the time, on his own, to go and read every letter Donna Shalala sent to the NCAA and he felt that she had the football programs back.

I don't know what it will take to get him off of his commitment to UM. It wasn't something we discussed moments after he announced. As you can imagine, they were very excited and relieved to have this behind them.

I don't think the sanctions will be bad.

That being said, there are ten months till Signing Day and he'll have plenty of time to think it over before he puts pen to paper.

Gibbens commits to Miami
 04-08-2013, 04:52 PMaway - #689
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
Notre Dame coming to Tallahassee in 2014

Jeff Cameron of ESPN Radio mentioned during his show today that he has heard Notre Dame is going to be playing in Tallahassee in 2014. The 2014 home schedule is shaping up to be a real good ticket.

#### NOTRE DAME
 04-08-2013, 04:53 PMaway - #690
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
FSU showing a lot of interest in four-star wide receiver

Virginia Beach (Va.) Bishop Sullivan Catholic four-star wide receiver Jamil Kamara admits that another school in Florida, Florida State, has been coming after him pretty hard over the past few months and his interest in the Seminoles picked up once defensive line coach Odell Haggins stopped by his school.

"Coach Haggins stopped by the school and talked to us for a bit," Kamara said. "He seemed really cool. They've been showing more interest in me than the other schools that haven't offered yet. That would probably be my 5th official if they decide to offer. That would be a pretty big one for me."

More here:
 04-08-2013, 04:54 PMaway - #691
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
Another recruit that was at practice today

Tallahassee (Fla.) Rickards athlete Vosean Crumbie was another prospect present at practice today. Crumbie is a bigger basketball prospect than football entering his senior year, but he is intriguing in football.
 04-08-2013, 04:55 PMaway - #692
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
Andrew Beck to announce

Per Jamie Newberg
 04-08-2013, 05:00 PMaway - #693
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
Ray Raulerson

FISH:

This is the type of kid that FSU needs to take. You take him or the kid from Bartram Trail. After that you take Martinez, Wynn and McBride. You now have four lineman committed and can go after the bigger fish at that time. If you are going to take 6-7 this year.....the 5-6-7 players in the class are like this kid....Get 1-2 out of the way now.

Chris Nee:

He visited for a junior day in February. FSU would like him to camp. Bit of a tweener with regards to height/size for offensive tackle or offensive guard.

Josh Newberg:

I don't see him as an upper-tier BCS guy. I would be surprised if FSU pursued him. Raulerson is definitely a guy that will have to camp if he wants an offer.

I totally disagree. Raulerson is about 6-3, 275. Shaped like a pear. Very little upper body, narrow shoulders and wide hips. He was ravaged by McBride at a recent combine when McBride switched to DL.

I think Raulerson is a D1 guy, but not at any of the big 3 schools in the state. He'd be a major project at FSU.

Raulerson is nowhere near McBride, Wynn or Martinez

FISH:

Josh, problem is this is the type of kid FSU will be reaching for in Jan.....They need 6-7 and I have no problem taking a couple of reaches at this point. Hopefully for their sake the kid from Mississippi pulls the trigger. FSU needs more than talent....they need bodies....

Josh:

I haven't seen Harrell play in person. I've seen Raulerson multiple times.

I can't see how FSU could offer a kid like Raulerson without having him in camp...or at least seeing him in the spring. Harrell also measures in significantly bigger than Raulerson.
 04-08-2013, 05:02 PMaway - #694
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
**Noles offer 2015 OL

Just confirmed FSU has offered 2015 offensive tackle Zack Bailey of Summerville, SC (Summerville) in the past few days.

Big-time prospect.

Was told he plans to attend the FSU spring game this weekend.

I will be meeting with Zack in person Tuesday afternoon, and will have a story for you all after that.
 04-08-2013, 05:05 PMaway - #695
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
Pre-Spring Top 5: Running backs

We're less than a month away from the start of the Evaluation Period (April 15 through May 31, 2013). This is the time of year when the Florida State coaches get out on the road and watch their recruiting targets in-person.

Florida State likes ATH T.J. Harrell on the offensive side of the ball.

In this series, Noles247.com will examine the top five targets at each position heading into the evaluation period.

We continue the series with running backs.

Running Backs

Florida State will likely head into the spring evaluation period without a running back commit. Only six weeks ago the 'Noles had two backs on the commit list - Kamryn Pettway and Joseph Yearby - Pettway flipped to Auburn and Yearby to Miami.

Now the Florida State staff is back to square one.

Jimbo Fisher is looking for all-purpose backs with size, ideally in the 5-foot-10 to 6-foot-1 range and anywhere between 200 and 220-pounds. We also expect FSU to sign one fullback in 2014.

This is going to be a crazy year for running back recruiting. Because of all the early commitments taking place around the country, expect a "second season" of recruiting to emerge after these recruits finish their senior year. Some running backs have already made two decisions and we don't expect that trend to stop. That being said, Noles247.com takes a look at FSU's pre-spring running back targets:

Top 5 Targets

1) T.J. Harrell - This multi-position athlete is being recruited by Florida State as a running back. He has offers from FSU, Louisville, Georgia, West Virginia and Cincinnati to name a few. He and teammate Corey Martinez visited FSU last week and there it is highly likely he could be the next back to commit to the 'Noles.

2) Nick Chubb - The 5-foot-11, 215-pound back has a long-standing relationship with Florida State running back coach Jay Graham, dating back to Graham's days at Tennessee. Chubb currently favors Auburn and Georgia, but we expect FSU to stay on him regardless of where he commits. The 'Noles will likely get Chubb on campus this summer.

3) Daniel Gresham - The Lone Star State power back is committed to Texas, but has maintained regular contact with FSU a$sistants Tim Brewster and Jay Graham throughout the winter and into the spring. Noles247.com has also learned that a visit is being worked out for late April. If the visit does indeed take place, it means the 'Noles have a legit shot at flipping Gresham.

4) Darrell Scott - The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Scott recently said Florida State ranks just behind South Carolina for his services. As mentioned, the Gamecocks lead, but FSU is hoping to get Scott on campus this summer. Scott does not plan to make a final decision until after his senior year.

5) Mikel Horton - Florida State plans to take a fullback in the 2014 class and the 6-foot-1, 220-pound Horton is at the top of the board for that position. Horton made a visit to FSU last week and came away impressed. He bonded with Jay Graham and told Noles247.com that he nearly committed. A decision will come at the end of April and FSU sits in the driver seat for now.

Josh Newberg:

Any running backs not in our Pre-Spring Top 5 are considered long shots with FSU having little shot at.

That could change after the spring, but this is how we see things as of now.

Chris Nee:

Are we not recruiting Leonard Fournette anymore. Kid is a monster with the ball in his hands.

LSU and Alabama are battling that one out. Others are on the outside, quite outside, and that includes FSU.
 04-08-2013, 05:06 PMaway - #696
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
Sony is heading to Georgia....Cook commits to Florida....Yearby to Miami....my ni##az we fuk on rb recruiting so far....even tho it's a long way to NSD....if Jimbo had of not let his a$sistants leave...shiiiit we would've had Yearby and Sony committed...that's a fact too.....
 04-08-2013, 05:08 PMaway - #697
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
Another offered linebacker coming off the board

Top247 linebacker Otaro Alaka is expected to announce tonight. I expect the four-star prospect to select Texas. FSU was among his offers.
 04-08-2013, 05:11 PMaway - #698
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
Holmes in the U.S. Army Bowl

Norfolk (Va.) Lake Taylor defensive end Jalyn Holmes has committed to play in the 2014 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

"I have accepted the invitation to play in the 2014 U.S. Army All-American Bowl," said Holmes. "I'm really excited for the opportunity to play in what I considered the most prestigious of the All-American games."

The four-star defender said along with the prestige of the game, he was immediately impressed by the community outreach that the participants of the bowl take part in during the bowl week.

[Link: Growing rosters for 2014 Army Bowl]

"I'm big on giving back. I was on the website for the bowl and the community service aspect of being an U.S. Army All-American really did it for me, along with being a part of that fraternity of players that have played previously.

"I know two of the players that played in the game. Eli Harold and Taquan Mizzell both played in the game."

On Saturday, Virginia Beach (Va.) Bishop Sullivan wide receiver Jamil Kamara committed to play in the game as well.

Holmes and Kamara have long talked about being U.S. Army All-Americans, if given the opportunity.

"Jamil and I have always talked about it. We would always joke that if we don't go to the same school, we definitely need to play in the same All-American game.

"That's a reality now and it's the game we always talked about."

The 6-foot-5, 225-pounder holds offers from Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Maryland, North Carolina, USC, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Alabama, East Carolina, Illinois, Miami, N.C. State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Old Dominion, Ole Miss, Penn State, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt.

At this point, no favorites have emerged for his services.

"I'm open to all of the schools on my list. If they're showing interest in me, I'm looking into them."

In terms of visits, Holmes plans to visit Tennessee in the next two weeks.

"I have visit set to Tennessee on April 20th. Over the summer, my plan is to definitely visit both Florida State and Florida."

Don't expect a college decision from Holmes soon.

"I'm going to take my time with the recruiting process. My plan is to take my official visits before making my college decision."

247Sports ranks Holmes as the No. 45 player in the nation.
 04-08-2013, 05:12 PMaway - #699
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
St. Petersburg Catholic OT Reilly Gibbons to announce Monday (SUNDAY)

I've been informed by his father that OT Reilly Gibbons will be announcing his college choice tomorrow. I don't have any first-hand knowledge, but I believe it will be Miami.

Spoke to Gibbons.

He said that he chose the school based on the best mix of academics and athletics. He says that the staff has been on him for a long time and he has a great relationship with them. He says that he wants to major in business and if the NFL doesn't work out, he'd like to practice law.

I'm torn on my prediction. Notre Dame or Miami.

Ill go with Notre Dame. But like Newberg and I discussed, it could easily be one of ND, Miami or even Florida.

Like I said, I have not been told where he's going. I could also make a case that it could be Notre Dame or UF. But I'll go out on a limb and predict Miami.

To clarify, FSU was recruiting him, but he's several notches down from the top guys. He's not a guy the staff will lose a whole lot of sleep over. Whether or not this is a big loss will be known when the class is complete.

===========================================

Woody Pecka will be our downfall from winning the big one and landing 5 star O-linemen....Dat woody pecka lookin mafuka

Last edited by Manofwar9146; 04-08-2013 at 05:15 PM..
 04-08-2013, 05:17 PMaway - #700
Manofwar9146 

d 
space
$6,224 | 9321369
Couple FSU related notes from Dallas NFTC

The Nike Football Training Camp stopped in Dallas, Texas yesterday. Sonny Shipp from our LSU site gave me a call with a couple quick FSU notes:

He spoke with Beaumont (Texas) Ozen five-star cornerback Tony Brown and asked him if he was visiting FSU this coming weekend for the spring game. Brown told him that he plans to. Couple concerns with Brown is the distance for the travel and his track schedule (isn't supposed to conflict I am told). To add, FSU is optimstic he makes it in though.

Also, he said that Houston (Texas) Clear Lake sophomore tight end Jordan Davis was very impressive at the event. Davis, an early FSU commitment, was arguably the top 2015 kid at the event on Sunday. Davis won't make FSU's spring game as he is set to visit Texas A&M this coming weekend. Big 12 schools remain very, very active with Davis.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Find me a Soprano's or Breaking Bad scene fu-king with this
85 comments
Video inside  Introducing PS4 Share Play...
53 comments
NFL Top 10 Diva's in The NFL
52 comments
 NBA 2013 Superteam Lakers The Worst Manufactured Superteam...
New reply 29 seconds ago - 90 comments - by HeatMafia410
  Gucci Mane Stories
New reply 9 minutes ago - 134 comments - by pojo18
  Tde Is Doing Jay Rock Dirty Yo...
New reply 48 seconds ago - 161 comments - by Retro
 Video inside Rick Ross "the Truth Is More Sinister" Appre...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 103 comments - by JBoogie
 audio inside Lupe Fiasco - Haile Selassie Ft. Nikki Jean (prod. By ...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 126 comments - by 10th Wonder
 NCAAF Week 9 Cfb Thread(top 25 Only)
New reply 18 minutes ago - 209 comments - by JBoogie
  Oct 24 - Teacher Ashley Zehnder Faces Sex Charge After...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Frasier
 NBA Report: Tobias Harris Won’t Sign Contract Extension, W...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 51 comments - by T.O.N.Y.

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,801 following and 5 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.