This is BX @ Boxden.com


Watch Dogs on Xbox One will have a more dynamic city compared to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4


 Watch Dogs on Xbox One will have a more dynamic city compared to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4
topic by CrunchTime CDN - 07-06-2013, 03:17 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot


Watch Dogs News: Watch Dogs producer Dominic Guay drops a b0mbshell saying that the Xbox One version of Watch Dogs will have a more dynamic city.


Watch Dogs hits Xbox One and PS4 later this year when the next gen consoles hit store shelves. If recent reports are to believed however, the Xbox One version might be the way to go. Watch Dogs producer Dominic Guay has stated that Watch Dogs on the Xbox One will have a more dynamic city than the PS4.

"We're still very much in the R&D period, that's what I call it, because the hardware is still new," Guay said. "It's obvious to us that it’s going to take a little while before we can get to the full power of those machines and harness everything. But, even now we realise that both of them have comparable power, and for us that’s good, but everyday it changes almost. We’re pushing it and we’re going to continue doing that until [Watch Dogs] ship date."

Mr. Guay continues, "So suppose you were an AI, and the decision to make you move was run elsewhere. There would be the same latency," he continued. "If you think about it, it's not different than you holding the controller when you're playing multiplayer. It might allow someone to use one dedicated machine just for on AI. What kind of AI could I do with that? That's interesting."

He then goes on to mention Microsoft’s cloud service that seems like it will be a crucial component to the Xbox One stating, “Physics calculations, similarly, aren't dependent on strict timing. The way a tree reacts to weather, it's physics, right?" Guay went on. "It's bending materials. Well, what if I could run that on the cloud? It doesn't need to be fully synced. There are occasions where there will be an advantage, but it's clear in the short term there's plenty of power within the machines. That's where our engineers are working."

In addition to those comments Mr. Guay went on to talk a bit about the graphics and the “dynamism” of the city. Here is what he had to say:

"For example, we’re able to simulate the water in full 3D, if you go on a boat the waves that form will affect other boats. We’re also able to spend more time giving brains to the other people on the streets so that they can basically be smarter, and there can be more of them. It’s what I call dynamism; basically, the way the city reacts to you, we are able to push further on the Xbox One.”

What do you think about this development? Will the cloud have that much of an impact in the next generation? Do you even care?



Watch Dogs on Xbox One will have a more dynamic city compared to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4


Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

83 comments for "Watch Dogs on Xbox One will have a more dynamic city compared to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4"


 07-06-2013, 04:27 AMonline - #2
d2921 1068 heat pts1068

  d 
space
$11,354 | POWERFUL
 07-06-2013, 05:25 AMaway - #3
CrunchTime CDN 272 heat pts272

  d 
space
$5,452 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by d2921
No this lil ni##a did not make his self into a boxden smiley
 07-06-2013, 05:31 AMaway - #4
Greece 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,536 | 12896944
 07-06-2013, 05:54 AMaway - #5
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,255 | POWERFUL
 07-06-2013, 05:54 AMaway - #6
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,255 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CrunchTime CDN
No this lil ni##a did not make his self into a boxden smiley
Someone else made that #### as a joke, but that really is a pretty dope smiley, isn't it?

Someone needs to get on ronnie to make it official.
 07-06-2013, 06:02 AMaway - #7
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$24,798 | POWERFUL
Less powerful and still has the better multi-plat games. Xbox Won.
 07-06-2013, 06:30 AMaway - #8
YOUNGZERO 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,229 | 15776173
Bull####, they're just getting paid more to polish the xbox one version. ####s.
 07-06-2013, 06:50 AMaway - #9
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,255 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by YOUNGZERO
Bull####, they're just getting paid more to polish the xbox one version. ####s.
Even if so, how does that make the statement bull####?
 07-06-2013, 06:53 AMaway - #10
EGO 50 heat pts50

  d 
space
$29,330 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CrunchTime CDN
No this lil ni##a did not make his self into a boxden smiley
So you claim you're new here and you've never been here before, completely ignorant to people like HDBeatz... yet, you knew exactly who that was in that smiley. You're a ####, HD.
 07-06-2013, 06:57 AMaway - #11
Chuck_Remixed 48 heat pts48

  d 
space
$13,057 | POWERFUL
 07-06-2013, 07:01 AMaway - #12
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,255 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by e G o Maniac
So you claim you're new here and you've never been here before, completely ignorant to people like HDBeatz... yet, you knew exactly who that was in that smiley. You're a ####, HD.


Good point.

Although he was here 2 years ago, you apparently haven't seen the Boyz II Men serenades that he sends to the ladies on here.
 07-06-2013, 07:10 AMaway - #13
Laharl 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$1,117 | 0
O.K. HDBeatz we get it.

Enough with the PS4 news already.

Oh, wait...

On topic: I think the PS4 version has like an hour more of exclusive content though.



Call it a graphical presentation vs bonus content trade off.
 07-06-2013, 07:13 AMaway - #14
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,255 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Laharl
O.K. HDBeatz we get it.

Enough with the PS4 news already.

Oh, wait...

On topic: I think the PS4 version has like an hour more of exclusive content though.



Call it a graphical presentation vs bonus content trade off.
We saw how the AC extra content was.
 07-06-2013, 07:16 AMonline - #15
P-Hill|M 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$26,011 | POWERFUL
 07-06-2013, 07:20 AMaway - #16
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,255 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by P-Hill
Knicks lawst.
 07-06-2013, 07:22 AMaway - #17
Laharl 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$1,117 | 0
Originally Posted by Krazie
We saw how the AC extra content was.
I'm just saying.
 07-06-2013, 07:50 AMaway - #18
edouble2k6 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,174 | POWERFUL
He kind of contradicts himself a little in this article, which makes me wonder if it's just a promotion for the cloud service.

At first he says that they haven't harnessed either machine, meaning neither the PS4 OR the XBox One was pushed to the limit. Basically saying that neither would have an advantage over the other.

Then he speaks hypothetically stating what COULD be possible on the cloud (tree physics, etc) and why it might be an advantage. However, he it immediately follows up by stating this is possible within the machines though.

He basically closes by saying if they unload these processes to the cloud, he could spend more time working on "dynamism" which would be more prevalent on XBone.

The whole article is contradictory, if the machines aren't even pushed to the limit, why would he need to unload processes to the cloud? Additionally, although I admit I haven't researched the cloud enough, there are some points that seem unclear. He is speaking physics and other equations. Are these services already created and available for developers to use in the cloud or does he still have to create them and allow the cloud to do the processing? Because if he's still writing the software, the development time he is talking about seems negligible.

A lot of unanswered questions.
 07-06-2013, 07:54 AMaway - #19
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$24,798 | POWERFUL
^ Sony stans in spin mode already.
 07-06-2013, 07:55 AMaway - #20
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,255 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by edouble2k6
He kind of contradicts himself a little in this article, which makes me wonder if it's just a promotion for the cloud service.

At first he says that they haven't harnessed either machine, meaning neither the PS4 OR the XBox One was pushed to the limit. Basically saying that neither would have an advantage over the other.

Then he speaks hypothetically stating what COULD be possible on the cloud (tree physics, etc) and why it might be an advantage. However, he it immediately follows up by stating this is possible within the machines though.

He basically closes by saying if they unload these processes to the cloud, he could spend more time working on "dynamism" which would be more prevalent on XBone.

The whole article is contradictory, if the machines aren't even pushed to the limit, why would he need to unload processes to the cloud? Additionally, although I admit I haven't researched the cloud enough, there are some points that seem unclear. He is speaking physics and other equations. Are these services already created and available for developers to use in the cloud or does he still have to create them and allow the cloud to do the processing? Because if he's still writing the software, the development time he is talking about seems negligible.

A lot of unanswered questions.


It's way too early for all those words.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Pretty Brazilian Model Daiane Sodre
60 comments
Two Years Later: Joker or Bane?
56 comments
GTA V For PC ‘Cancelled’?
96 comments
 NBA Why 1-3-1 Defense Has Been Removed From Nba 2k15
New reply 2 minutes ago - 99 comments - by Hovi Bryant
  Bobby Shmurda Knocked For Gun Possession & Can Be ...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 147 comments - by J Money 95
 NBA Nba Player Rap Counterparts?
New reply 5 minutes ago - 68 comments - by MrHashTag
 Image(s) inside Beyonce's Father Confirms Solange-jay Z Lift Attack Wa...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 106 comments - by Sniggit
 Video inside Snoop Done Lost His Mind
New reply 8 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Bea5T
 Image(s) inside G-unit "the Beauty Of Independence" First We...
New reply 28 minutes ago - 73 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
  Jeezy Is Released From Jail.... Info
New reply 8 minutes ago - 76 comments - by YoungFather
 Article inside Joe Budden Tweeting From Jail. :deadpg:
New reply 30 minutes ago - 93 comments - by Yung Dilla

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.