This is BX @ Boxden.com

Watch Dogs on Xbox One will have a more dynamic city compared to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4

Watch Dogs on Xbox One will have a more dynamic city compared to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4
topic by CrunchTime CDN - 07-06-2013, 03:17 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

Watch Dogs News: Watch Dogs producer Dominic Guay drops a b0mbshell saying that the Xbox One version of Watch Dogs will have a more dynamic city.

Watch Dogs hits Xbox One and PS4 later this year when the next gen consoles hit store shelves. If recent reports are to believed however, the Xbox One version might be the way to go. Watch Dogs producer Dominic Guay has stated that Watch Dogs on the Xbox One will have a more dynamic city than the PS4.

"We're still very much in the R&D period, that's what I call it, because the hardware is still new," Guay said. "It's obvious to us that it’s going to take a little while before we can get to the full power of those machines and harness everything. But, even now we realise that both of them have comparable power, and for us that’s good, but everyday it changes almost. We’re pushing it and we’re going to continue doing that until [Watch Dogs] ship date."

Mr. Guay continues, "So suppose you were an AI, and the decision to make you move was run elsewhere. There would be the same latency," he continued. "If you think about it, it's not different than you holding the controller when you're playing multiplayer. It might allow someone to use one dedicated machine just for on AI. What kind of AI could I do with that? That's interesting."

He then goes on to mention Microsoft’s cloud service that seems like it will be a crucial component to the Xbox One stating, “Physics calculations, similarly, aren't dependent on strict timing. The way a tree reacts to weather, it's physics, right?" Guay went on. "It's bending materials. Well, what if I could run that on the cloud? It doesn't need to be fully synced. There are occasions where there will be an advantage, but it's clear in the short term there's plenty of power within the machines. That's where our engineers are working."

In addition to those comments Mr. Guay went on to talk a bit about the graphics and the “dynamism” of the city. Here is what he had to say:

"For example, we’re able to simulate the water in full 3D, if you go on a boat the waves that form will affect other boats. We’re also able to spend more time giving brains to the other people on the streets so that they can basically be smarter, and there can be more of them. It’s what I call dynamism; basically, the way the city reacts to you, we are able to push further on the Xbox One.”

What do you think about this development? Will the cloud have that much of an impact in the next generation? Do you even care?

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

83 comments for "Watch Dogs on Xbox One will have a more dynamic city compared to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4"

07-06-2013, 04:27 AMonline - #2
d2921 1057 heat pts1057

d 
space
$11,244 | POWERFUL
 07-06-2013, 05:25 AMaway - #3
CrunchTime CDN 260 heat pts260

d 
space
$5,263 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by d2921
No this lil ni##a did not make his self into a boxden smiley
 07-06-2013, 05:31 AMaway - #4
Greece 7 heat pts

d 
space
$3,511 | 12791716
 07-06-2013, 05:54 AMaway - #5
Krazie 89 heat pts89

d 
space
$24,774 | POWERFUL
 07-06-2013, 05:54 AMaway - #6
Krazie 89 heat pts89

d 
space
$24,774 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CrunchTime CDN
Someone else made that #### as a joke, but that really is a pretty dope smiley, isn't it?

Someone needs to get on ronnie to make it official.
 07-06-2013, 06:02 AMaway - #7
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$24,173 | POWERFUL
Less powerful and still has the better multi-plat games. Xbox Won.
 07-06-2013, 06:30 AMaway - #8
YOUNGZERO 2 heat pts

d 
space
$5,229 | 15776173
Bull####, they're just getting paid more to polish the xbox one version. ####s.
 07-06-2013, 06:50 AMaway - #9
Krazie 89 heat pts89

d 
space
$24,774 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by YOUNGZERO
Bull####, they're just getting paid more to polish the xbox one version. ####s.
Even if so, how does that make the statement bull####?
 07-06-2013, 06:53 AMaway - #10
EGO 49 heat pts49

d 
space
$29,171 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CrunchTime CDN
So you claim you're new here and you've never been here before, completely ignorant to people like HDBeatz... yet, you knew exactly who that was in that smiley. You're a ####, HD.
 07-06-2013, 06:57 AMaway - #11
Chuck_Remixed 48 heat pts48

d 
space
$13,022 | POWERFUL
 07-06-2013, 07:01 AMaway - #12
Krazie 89 heat pts89

d 
space
$24,774 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by e G o Maniac
So you claim you're new here and you've never been here before, completely ignorant to people like HDBeatz... yet, you knew exactly who that was in that smiley. You're a ####, HD.

Good point.

Although he was here 2 years ago, you apparently haven't seen the Boyz II Men serenades that he sends to the ladies on here.
 07-06-2013, 07:10 AMaway - #13
Laharl 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$1,117 | 0
O.K. HDBeatz we get it.

Enough with the PS4 news already.

Oh, wait...

On topic: I think the PS4 version has like an hour more of exclusive content though.

Call it a graphical presentation vs bonus content trade off.
 07-06-2013, 07:13 AMaway - #14
Krazie 89 heat pts89

d 
space
$24,774 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Laharl
O.K. HDBeatz we get it.

Enough with the PS4 news already.

Oh, wait...

On topic: I think the PS4 version has like an hour more of exclusive content though.

Call it a graphical presentation vs bonus content trade off.
We saw how the AC extra content was.
 07-06-2013, 07:16 AMaway - #15
P-Hill|M 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$25,702 | POWERFUL
 07-06-2013, 07:20 AMaway - #16
Krazie 89 heat pts89

d 
space
$24,774 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by P-Hill
Knicks lawst.
 07-06-2013, 07:22 AMaway - #17
Laharl 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$1,117 | 0
Originally Posted by Krazie
We saw how the AC extra content was.
I'm just saying.
 07-06-2013, 07:50 AMaway - #18
edouble2k6 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,134 | POWERFUL
He kind of contradicts himself a little in this article, which makes me wonder if it's just a promotion for the cloud service.

At first he says that they haven't harnessed either machine, meaning neither the PS4 OR the XBox One was pushed to the limit. Basically saying that neither would have an advantage over the other.

Then he speaks hypothetically stating what COULD be possible on the cloud (tree physics, etc) and why it might be an advantage. However, he it immediately follows up by stating this is possible within the machines though.

He basically closes by saying if they unload these processes to the cloud, he could spend more time working on "dynamism" which would be more prevalent on XBone.

The whole article is contradictory, if the machines aren't even pushed to the limit, why would he need to unload processes to the cloud? Additionally, although I admit I haven't researched the cloud enough, there are some points that seem unclear. He is speaking physics and other equations. Are these services already created and available for developers to use in the cloud or does he still have to create them and allow the cloud to do the processing? Because if he's still writing the software, the development time he is talking about seems negligible.

A lot of unanswered questions.
 07-06-2013, 07:54 AMaway - #19
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$24,173 | POWERFUL
^ Sony stans in spin mode already.
 07-06-2013, 07:55 AMaway - #20
Krazie 89 heat pts89

d 
space
$24,774 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by edouble2k6
He kind of contradicts himself a little in this article, which makes me wonder if it's just a promotion for the cloud service.

At first he says that they haven't harnessed either machine, meaning neither the PS4 OR the XBox One was pushed to the limit. Basically saying that neither would have an advantage over the other.

Then he speaks hypothetically stating what COULD be possible on the cloud (tree physics, etc) and why it might be an advantage. However, he it immediately follows up by stating this is possible within the machines though.

He basically closes by saying if they unload these processes to the cloud, he could spend more time working on "dynamism" which would be more prevalent on XBone.

The whole article is contradictory, if the machines aren't even pushed to the limit, why would he need to unload processes to the cloud? Additionally, although I admit I haven't researched the cloud enough, there are some points that seem unclear. He is speaking physics and other equations. Are these services already created and available for developers to use in the cloud or does he still have to create them and allow the cloud to do the processing? Because if he's still writing the software, the development time he is talking about seems negligible.

A lot of unanswered questions.

It's way too early for all those words.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  The Last of Us Remastered drops on Tuesday, you copping?
53 comments
Image inside  PS4 “GayStation Edition” Up for Auction To Celebrate ..
80 comments
NBA Who you with? 1, 2, 3, or 4
144 comments
  Jul 27 - Your ‘pure’ Bottled Water Contains Added Chem...
New reply 1 minute ago - 97 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Jr Writer Got Locked Up For Attempted Robbery In The 2...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 76 comments - by castro
 Image(s) inside Lil Man Got An 6000gb Hard Drive In His Head
New reply 6 minutes ago - 77 comments - by Muunsta
 NBA Wad3 County
New reply 22 minutes ago - 78 comments - by Shadow305
 Image(s) inside Godfather 50 Goes Off For Speaking On His Parenting
New reply 10 minutes ago - 90 comments - by chrismb
 NBA Throwback: The Greatest Nba Gif Of All Time (pic)
New reply 28 minutes ago - 147 comments - by King Henry
 Video inside Aaron Hall: Any B*tch That Say My D*ck Is Small Is Lying
New reply 11 minutes ago - 108 comments - by GoldBluded
 Video inside Throwback: Bsm Frenchie Unites Crips & Bloods In Nyc
New reply 35 minutes ago - 53 comments - by OG T Gutta N

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,757 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.