This is BX @ Boxden.com

"WarZ" is a f$#k up, steam giving refunds

"WarZ" is a f$#k up, steam giving refunds
topic by TheCityOnMyMind - 12-19-2012, 05:23 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

After our astonishing interview with The War Z's executive producer yesterday, it comes as no real surprise that Valve has stepped up and pulled The War Z from sale on Steam until Hammerpoint sorts out its issues. Customers who already bought it via Steam can keep it if they want; those who don't can get a full refund from Steam support. Valve also admits it made a mistake in releasing The War Z in the first place. Valve's full statement below:

Valve: From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchased the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

Again, we apologize any inconvenience.

That's about all I can ask from Valve in a situation like this, other than some kind of a$surance that new policies have been put in place to prevent it from happening again.
GameSpy: Valve Pulls The War Z, Apologizes, Offers Full Refunds - Page 1

also, this vid is hilarious

god damn this looks like ####

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

19 comments for ""WarZ" is a f$#k up, steam giving refunds"

12-19-2012, 05:26 PMonline - #2
Willbeatz 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$5,541 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheCityOnMyMind
After our astonishing interview with The War Z's executive producer yesterday, it comes as no real surprise that Valve has stepped up and pulled The War Z from sale on Steam until Hammerpoint sorts out its issues. Customers who already bought it via Steam can keep it if they want; those who don't can get a full refund from Steam support. Valve also admits it made a mistake in releasing The War Z in the first place. Valve's full statement below:

Valve: From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchased the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here:

Again, we apologize any inconvenience.

That's about all I can ask from Valve in a situation like this, other than some kind of a$surance that new policies have been put in place to prevent it from happening again.

also, this vid is hilarious

god damn this looks like ####
Figures this was a mistake. The game is still in early alpha so of course it looks like crap. It's no where near ready. It's a blast to play with friends, and even crazier when you find random people out in the open.

WarZ = arcadey style shooter survival, where as DayZ is more simulation based.
 12-19-2012, 05:46 PMaway - #3
LaRy BLanco 443 heat pts443

d 
space
$35,255 | POWERFUL
game looks a$s
 12-19-2012, 05:54 PMaway - #4
DarkSidesHero 304 heat pts304

d 
space
$8,933 | POWERFUL
And this is why Valve / Steam is so much better than the other services.
 12-19-2012, 07:25 PMaway - #5
katalist 177 heat pts177

d 
space
$33,842 | POWERFUL
I was about to make a big thread yesterday but got to high and totally forgot.

All I have to say is DON'T SUPPORT THIS COMPANY EVER.
The are a scam of a company and the main dude behind it was also responsible for one of hte worst pc games of all time, BIG RIGS. The WarZ is JUST as bad, if not worse.

I could sit here and write up a huge list of things they have done, but I woudl be here for hours.

Bottomline is, go buy DayZ, Project Zomboid, The Walking Dead, Dead Island or wait for the DayZ standalone if you want a zombie game, because WarZ is complete garbage.

One of the worst games ive ever played in 20+ years.

This has been the very first time ive been upset at steam for something, but they did the right thing and took the game down (despite it beign #1 in sales for two days). Instead of just keeping the big sales going, they stopped it, very well done.

One thing that I have sen over the last few days is how wonderfully most pc gamers are warnign other fellow gamers not to buy this ####. People are also helping others try and get refund frmo steam and the devs main website. Its nice to see the pc gamign community not stand for this. This is the worst false advertisment of a game EVER.

Never mind how bad the actual game is to play, the devs are just ####ing idiots and scam artists which is the big thing to me. STAY AWAY!

Last edited by katalist; 12-19-2012 at 07:29 PM..
 12-19-2012, 07:29 PMonline - #6
Willbeatz 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$5,541 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by katalist
I was about to make a big thread yesterday but got to high and totally forgot.

All I have to say is DON'T SUPPORT THIS COMPANY EVER.
The are a scam of a company and the main dude behind it was also responsible for one of hte worst pc games of all time, BIG RIGS. The WarZ is JUST as bad, if not worse.

I could sit here and write up a huge list of things they have done, but I woudl be here for hours.

Bottomline is, go buy DayZ, Project Zomboid, Dead Island or wait for the DayZ standalone if you want a zombie game, because WarZ is complete garbage.

One of the worst games ive ever played in 20+ years.

This has been the very first time ive been upset at steam for something, but they did the right thing and took the game down (despite it beign #1 in sales for two days). Instead of just keeping the big sales going, they stopped it, very well done.

One thing that I have sen over the last few days is how wonderfully most pc gamers are warnign other fellow gamers not to buy this ####. People are also helping others try and get refund frmo steam and the devs main website. Its nice to see the pc gamign community not stand for this. This is the worst false advertisment of a game EVER.

Never mind how bad the actual game is to play, the devs are just ####ing idiots and scam artists which is the big thing to me. STAY AWAY!
I won my key on a Stream.
 12-19-2012, 07:34 PMaway - #7
katalist 177 heat pts177

d 
space
$33,842 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Willbeatz
I won my key on a Stream.
all good mang, just trying to help a few people save some $.

Already saved a whole ton on my steam list that was asking about it
 12-19-2012, 07:44 PMaway - #8
el bundy 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$6,085 | POWERFUL
#masterrace
#prettygraphics
#####tygames
 12-19-2012, 09:41 PMaway - #9
DreamChasers 68 heat pts68

d 
space
$5,307 | POWERFUL
lol thank god i didnt fall for this.. game is super a$s

Cant wait till DAYZ!! #### was the real deal.
 12-20-2012, 02:45 AMonline - #10
Msirae Faythung 204 heat pts204

d 
space
$5,669 | POWERFUL
Seems like this company just cashed in on the Dayz hype. Never really liked the look of this game, cash shops in a survival horror game sounds horrible, plus from the gameplay I've seen the zombies move incredibly unrealistic.
 12-20-2012, 04:50 AMonline - #11
Pleasure Boy 616 heat pts616

d 
space
$6,159 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LAwLB15
game looks a$s
Leave tha MASTER RACE alone
 12-20-2012, 06:09 AMaway - #12
lifeundthescope 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$6,048 | POWERFUL
why is WarZ bad?
 12-20-2012, 06:23 AMaway - #13
Zaosyn 255 heat pts255

d 
space
$13,113 | POWERFUL
I really wanted to put my money into this, glad I never did because I would be regretful allowing these scumbags to have it.
 12-20-2012, 06:33 AMaway - #14
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72

d 
space
$15,319 | POWERFUL
I'm sorry but if you bought this game you deserved to be scammed. This game was brought to you by the same guy that gave the gaming world Big Rigs. That alone should of been enough of a warning.
 12-20-2012, 07:27 AMaway - #15
D. Norman 5 heat pts

d 
space
$11,659 | POWERFUL
wait so some of you bought a game called big rigs because you wanted to drive a big rig truck?

12-20-2012, 07:44 AMaway - #16
Based_One 62 heat pts62

d 
space
$7,117 | POWERFUL
I watched some of this gameplay on youtube #### just seems on some run and gun #### zombies looked terrible
 12-20-2012, 07:54 AMaway - #17
EGO 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$29,467 | POWERFUL
Wait, these are the same dudes behind the abomination that is Big Rigs?

ni##as tried to pull another fast one. Big Rigs was as good as a bull#### game I once made in an XNA tutorial. Somebody just needs to confiscate this studio's equipment and ban them from ever making games ever again.
 12-20-2012, 08:43 AMaway - #18
HiRolliN 102 heat pts102

d 
space
$15,021 | POWERFUL
I was about to buy the game the other day to. Glad I didn't.
 12-20-2012, 11:49 AMaway - #19
katalist 177 heat pts177

d 
space
$33,842 | POWERFUL
If you want a zombie game get Project Zomboid or Dayz Mod.
Or jsut wait till Jan when the DAYZ standalone on a new engine comes out.

Or if you REALLY wanan try WarZ for free, there is a well made EMULATOR that has 10 private servers on it.

Don't give these scam artists any money
 12-20-2012, 12:26 PMaway - #20
bongt0ker420 

d 
space
$1,543 | 2156128
"these rocks are jagged" well duh theyre fuqin rocks!

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Sep 30 - Two Female High School teachers accused of sex with st..
67 comments
Sep 30 - Breaking News: First Ebola Patient in America Confirmed
76 comments
Video inside  Taken 3 Trailer
55 comments
 Video inside Forza Horizon 2 |ot| The Only Club For Driving You'll ...
New reply 9 seconds ago - 90 comments - by Remy Lebeaw
 Video inside Rosenberg Sheds Light On Amber & Wiz Divorce (chea...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 152 comments - by grad051709
 Image(s) inside Chinese Billionaire Says: If You’re Poor At 35, You De...
New reply 41 seconds ago - 66 comments - by Shadiah
  So Durk Posted A Picture Of A Boy That Got Kill...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 199 comments - by HeatMafia410
  Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor |ot| The Lotr Game We'v...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 149 comments - by CrAkKedOuT
 NBA Kobe Disses Swaggy P
New reply 15 minutes ago - 100 comments - by Bkjj11
  Young Thug Supposedly Banned From St. Louis
New reply 5 minutes ago - 95 comments - by KleanKutt100
 NFL Steve Smith : "i Ran Around The Panthers Like The...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 93 comments - by theFREAK

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,817 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.