This is BX @ Boxden.com

Wal-Mart return policy?

Wal-Mart return policy?
topic by Mr. Ro-Vato - 03-19-2008, 06:00 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

Hey, me and my gf got a webcam from Wal-Mart not long ago but it wasn't what we wanted so we just took it back, showed the receipt, and got our money back. We used the money to buy a new one, which wouldn't work on my computer, so we took it back, we did the exact same thing. Just gave them the receipt and got our money back. So what I was thinking is, what if I bought an Xbox 360 at Wal-Mart, then bought a broken 3 red light 360 off Kijiji for $60, then put it in the 360 box and returned it with the receipt, and get back my money. So basically I get my money back and I'd get a 360 for $60.

Would this work?

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

23 comments for "Wal-Mart return policy?"

03-19-2008, 06:47 AMonline - #2
LYTE 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$10,232 | POWERFUL
it was rumors on this board from various of people that you DONT even need a receipt to return.
 03-19-2008, 07:05 AMaway - #3
EGO 46 heat pts46

d 
space
$28,198 | POWERFUL
Yea man you could try it. I mean wal mart doesn't even cross check serial numbers or anything like that.
 03-19-2008, 07:55 AMaway - #4
big jeffrey 

d 
space
$1,538 | 3034216
funny, i just made a thread like this... but yeah i am in that same boat right now, my 360 bricked and i cant buy a new one... ive heard diff. things like "they will call a electronics person to come make sure everything is in there" or "no they dont care"
 03-19-2008, 08:28 AMaway - #5
DonofDons21 

d 
space
$4,946 | 10009137
usually !! like that wont work because its opened electronics....most they will do is exchange it for another one....but if you made to many returns they wont even complete the transaction because you been black listed
 03-19-2008, 08:58 AMaway - #6
DIGI 85 heat pts85

d 
space
$7,892 | POWERFUL
you can do unopened and factory sealed electronics w/o a receipt i think, but its up to the mgr's descretion
 03-19-2008, 09:09 AMaway - #7
dmunson318 

d 
space
$7,041 | 14832516
I Did This With A Wireless Adapter. I Just Carefully Removed The Sitckers On Both And Swapped Em Out.
 03-19-2008, 09:40 AMaway - #8
deejay_emcee 

d 
space
$3,489 | 12247127
let Me a$sist You Guys
I Am A Csm At Walmart (customer Service Manager)

And Here Is The Return Policy For Electronics

For Returning Video Game Systems, You Need To Have Your Receipt, To See The Date Of Purchase. And If You Do, Then They Will Call An Electronics a$sociate To Look At It And Make Sure Everything Is In The System.

If It Is Damaged, They Will Only Take It Back If It Is Within Either The Warranty Or Within 30 Days Of Original Purchase, Then They Will Refer To The Manufacturer For Help

People Cannot Get Their Money Back For Video Games Or Movies Or Cd's Because They Are Not Our Property, You Can Only Get The Same Thing If It Was Damaged. Other Than That Your Screwed.

Any Other Q's ?
 03-19-2008, 10:15 AMaway - #9
big jeffrey 

d 
space
$1,538 | 3034216
so deejay would they look at my 360 to verify it was the same 360 that i bought from them? or could i swap with my old one?
 03-19-2008, 12:51 PMaway - #10
deziking 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$13,354 | POWERFUL
ur !!ed my friend. u should of bought the warranty.
 03-19-2008, 01:18 PMaway - #11
Styl3s 

d 
space
$10,696 | 15122764
Originally Posted by deejay_emcee
let Me a$sist You Guys

For Returning Video Game Systems, You Need To Have Your Receipt, To See The Date Of Purchase. And If You Do, Then They Will Call An Electronics a$sociate To Look At It And Make Sure Everything Is In The System.

If It Is Damaged, They Will Only Take It Back If It Is Within Either The Warranty Or Within 30 Days Of Original Purchase, Then They Will Refer To The Manufacturer For Help

People Cannot Get Their Money Back For Video Games Or Movies Or Cd's Because They Are Not Our Property, You Can Only Get The Same Thing If It Was Damaged. Other Than That Your Screwed.

Any Other Q's ?
your walmart must have a different return policy because here you dont need a receipt to return ANYTHING, the only thing is you can only return it for the same product if you dont have a receipt

and if you DO have a receipt you can only get cash back on non-video games/music/movies

if the games are open or movies or cds are open they can only be traded in for the same thing, but if you have a receipt for any electronics you can get cash back or trade in, but you dont have to have a receipt to trade in stuff for the same product, ive returned a broken 360 twice at walmart without a receipt and a vizio TV
 03-19-2008, 01:27 PMaway - #12
badboy600 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$4,057 | 10516493
Just buy a new one and do a swap. Just CAREFULLY swap the serial number stickerson the units. Clean your old one and put it back in the box like it was new. It works like a charm. I've had to do this quite a few times
 03-19-2008, 01:44 PMaway - #13
Styl3s 

d 
space
$10,696 | 15122764
Originally Posted by badboy600
Just buy a new one and do a swap. Just CAREFULLY swap the serial number stickerson the units. Clean your old one and put it back in the box like it was new. It works like a charm. I've had to do this quite a few times
yup ive done that, bought a RROD one for 50 bucks, went to walmart bought a new one and put the broken one in and returned it for cash

got a new 360 for 50 bones
 03-19-2008, 03:00 PMaway - #14
Chicano_Flow 

d 
space
$1,536 | 3106921
Ive returned my xbox like 3 times after it broke and got a new one from wal mart, first i buy a new one then exchange the console and get my money back, i also bought a broken 360 that would freeze from a pawn shop for 60 bucks, then took it to another pawn shop and sold it for $180.
 03-20-2008, 04:10 PMaway - #15
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts

d 
space
$13,144 | POWERFUL
most of the times its high school kids doing returns and they dont care, well at least at Target thats how it is.....go in the evening when its busy and the kids are working, you might get one that doesnt care and wont even look in the box

I did this with digital cameras before at Target, but I know for PS3's theres a lil chart they follow for system returns to make sure the serial numbers match up
 03-20-2008, 06:11 PMaway - #16
KnightOfTears 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,777 | POWERFUL
I did the old swap it out with a dvd burner. The one I had was old, and I wanted a new one, So I went and bought a new one, same brand, Sony. They looked identical, so I just swapped them out and packed everything like it was in the box and returned it with the receipt. Got my money back, and got a free brand new dvd burner.
 03-21-2008, 02:48 PMaway - #17
dmunson318 

d 
space
$7,041 | 14832516
Originally Posted by deejay_emcee
let Me a$sist You Guys

Any Other Q's ?

i thought u had 15 days and no need for reciept if everything was in box
 03-21-2008, 03:10 PMonline - #18
dre03 

d 
space
$7,178 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mr. Ro-Vato
Hey, me and my gf got a webcam from Wal-Mart not long ago but it wasn't what we wanted so we just took it back, showed the receipt, and got our money back. We used the money to buy a new one, which wouldn't work on my computer, so we took it back, we did the exact same thing. Just gave them the receipt and got our money back. So what I was thinking is, what if I bought an Xbox 360 at Wal-Mart, then bought a broken 3 red light 360 off Kijiji for $60, then put it in the 360 box and returned it with the receipt, and get back my money. So basically I get my money back and I'd get a 360 for $60.

Would this work?
This works anywhere...

None of these stores cross reference anything... I know those who have returned the 20GB PS3 in a 60 GB box after buyin a 60gb the day before
 03-24-2008, 01:07 PMaway - #19
Majestic_GMMB 1 heat pts

d 
space
$7,547 | 17848990
Originally Posted by big jeffrey
funny, i just made a thread like this... but yeah i am in that same boat right now, my 360 bricked and i cant buy a new one... ive heard diff. things like "they will call a electronics person to come make sure everything is in there" or "no they dont care"
I just to work down there and when they was fairly new maybe a year or so in...they would call a number to make sure that its the same serial code and all that...I don't think it will work unless Microsoft just told them to give the 360's away and they'll pay walmart back because walmart ain't giving !! away for free
 03-24-2008, 01:16 PMaway - #20
husker4 

d 
space
$84 | 2959
in college wal-mart is a place to scam on returns..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Apr 22 - Christie vows not to legalize pot: New Jersey..
66 comments
Image inside  New Call of Duty info
50 comments
BOX Stephen A.: "Floyd Mayweather Will Destroy Pacquiao" ..
88 comments
 Image(s) inside The Real Nike Re Stock In The Next 10 Days
New reply 2 minutes ago - 93 comments - by donmagic901
 NBA Laker Fans Take Pictures With Lakers Cheerleaders (pics)
New reply 12 minutes ago - 177 comments - by Chrisdunk
  Rappers That Never Took Off.
New reply 2 minutes ago - 197 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 Video inside Big Sean Makes History Doing Something Jay, Ye, Wayne ...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 71 comments - by PrimeLamboJr.
  Young Roddy X 'route The Ruler' Mixtape Discussion
New reply 4 minutes ago - 53 comments - by PvrpIITrill HTX
 Image(s) inside Just Blaze React's To Jay-z Alleged Extortion Plot
New reply 17 minutes ago - 92 comments - by SM
 Image(s) inside Eatab0otygang?
New reply 5 minutes ago - 60 comments - by VSVP
 NFL Raiders Trade Terrelle Pryor To Seahawks
New reply 35 minutes ago - 65 comments - by presto

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,650 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.