Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Wal-Mart return policy?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
70 viewing
 NBA MVP Steph Curry Shoots 3, Turns and Runs Back like nig..
35 comments
most viewed right now
33 viewing
Image inside American teen flies 7000 miles for online love- Sh..
142 comments

top in section
12 viewing
Image inside Is Kevin Hart really gonna be in a film titled Get Hard
top in movies
top in section
20 viewing
 Image inside Selfie Fail
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Wal-Mart return policy?
topic by Mr. Ro-Vato - 03-19-2008, 07:00 AM


Hey, me and my gf got a webcam from Wal-Mart not long ago but it wasn't what we wanted so we just took it back, showed the receipt, and got our money back. We used the money to buy a new one, which wouldn't work on my computer, so we took it back, we did the exact same thing. Just gave them the receipt and got our money back. So what I was thinking is, what if I bought an Xbox 360 at Wal-Mart, then bought a broken 3 red light 360 off Kijiji for $60, then put it in the 360 box and returned it with the receipt, and get back my money. So basically I get my money back and I'd get a 360 for $60.

Would this work?



23 comments for "Wal-Mart return policy?"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


 03-19-2008, 07:47 AMaway - #2
LYTE 63 heat pts63 space
avatar
space
$11,031 | POWERFUL
it was rumors on this board from various of people that you DONT even need a receipt to return.
 03-19-2008, 08:05 AMaway - #3
EGO 54 heat pts54 space
avatar
space
$29,937 | POWERFUL
Yea man you could try it. I mean wal mart doesn't even cross check serial numbers or anything like that.
 03-19-2008, 08:55 AMaway - #4
big jeffrey  space
avatar
space
$1,596 | 3034218
funny, i just made a thread like this... but yeah i am in that same boat right now, my 360 bricked and i cant buy a new one... ive heard diff. things like "they will call a electronics person to come make sure everything is in there" or "no they dont care"
 03-19-2008, 09:28 AMaway - #5
DonofDons21  space
avatar
space
$5,390 | 11478832
usually sh*t like that wont work because its opened electronics....most they will do is exchange it for another one....but if you made to many returns they wont even complete the transaction because you been black listed
 03-19-2008, 09:58 AMaway - #6
DIGI 99 heat pts99 space
avatar
space
$8,552 | POWERFUL
you can do unopened and factory sealed electronics w/o a receipt i think, but its up to the mgr's descretion
 03-19-2008, 10:09 AMaway - #7
dmunson318  space
avatar
space
$7,392 | 15926930
I Did This With A Wireless Adapter. I Just Carefully Removed The Sitckers On Both And Swapped Em Out.
 03-19-2008, 10:40 AMaway - #8
deejay_emcee  space
avatar
space
$3,489 | 12247127
let Me a.ssist You Guys
I Am A Csm At Walmart (customer Service Manager)


And Here Is The Return Policy For Electronics

For Returning Video Game Systems, You Need To Have Your Receipt, To See The Date Of Purchase. And If You Do, Then They Will Call An Electronics a.ssociate To Look At It And Make Sure Everything Is In The System.

If It Is Damaged, They Will Only Take It Back If It Is Within Either The Warranty Or Within 30 Days Of Original Purchase, Then They Will Refer To The Manufacturer For Help

People Cannot Get Their Money Back For Video Games Or Movies Or Cd's Because They Are Not Our Property, You Can Only Get The Same Thing If It Was Damaged. Other Than That Your Screwed.

Any Other Q's ?
 03-19-2008, 11:15 AMaway - #9
big jeffrey  space
avatar
space
$1,596 | 3034218
so deejay would they look at my 360 to verify it was the same 360 that i bought from them? or could i swap with my old one?
 03-19-2008, 01:51 PMaway - #10
deziking 41 heat pts41 space
avatar
space
$14,782 | POWERFUL
ur fu*ked my friend. u should of bought the warranty.
 03-19-2008, 02:18 PMaway - #11
Styl3s  space
avatar
space
$10,696 | 15122764
Originally Posted by deejay_emcee
let Me a.ssist You Guys
I Am A Csm At Walmart (customer Service Manager)


And Here Is The Return Policy For Electronics

For Returning Video Game Systems, You Need To Have Your Receipt, To See The Date Of Purchase. And If You Do, Then They Will Call An Electronics a.ssociate To Look At It And Make Sure Everything Is In The System.

If It Is Damaged, They Will Only Take It Back If It Is Within Either The Warranty Or Within 30 Days Of Original Purchase, Then They Will Refer To The Manufacturer For Help

People Cannot Get Their Money Back For Video Games Or Movies Or Cd's Because They Are Not Our Property, You Can Only Get The Same Thing If It Was Damaged. Other Than That Your Screwed.

Any Other Q's ?
your walmart must have a different return policy because here you dont need a receipt to return ANYTHING, the only thing is you can only return it for the same product if you dont have a receipt

and if you DO have a receipt you can only get cash back on non-video games/music/movies

if the games are open or movies or cds are open they can only be traded in for the same thing, but if you have a receipt for any electronics you can get cash back or trade in, but you dont have to have a receipt to trade in stuff for the same product, ive returned a broken 360 twice at walmart without a receipt and a vizio TV
 03-19-2008, 02:27 PMaway - #12
badboy600 10 heat pts10 space
avatar
space
$4,373 | 11847537
Just buy a new one and do a swap. Just CAREFULLY swap the serial number stickerson the units. Clean your old one and put it back in the box like it was new. It works like a charm. I've had to do this quite a few times
 03-19-2008, 02:44 PMaway - #13
Styl3s  space
avatar
space
$10,696 | 15122764
Originally Posted by badboy600
Just buy a new one and do a swap. Just CAREFULLY swap the serial number stickerson the units. Clean your old one and put it back in the box like it was new. It works like a charm. I've had to do this quite a few times
yup ive done that, bought a RROD one for 50 bucks, went to walmart bought a new one and put the broken one in and returned it for cash

got a new 360 for 50 bones
 03-19-2008, 04:00 PMaway - #14
Chicano_Flow  space
avatar
space
$1,586 | 3368077
Ive returned my xbox like 3 times after it broke and got a new one from wal mart, first i buy a new one then exchange the console and get my money back, i also bought a broken 360 that would freeze from a pawn shop for 60 bucks, then took it to another pawn shop and sold it for $180.
 03-20-2008, 05:10 PMaway - #15
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts space
avatar
space
$14,276 | POWERFUL
most of the times its high school kids doing returns and they dont care, well at least at Target thats how it is.....go in the evening when its busy and the kids are working, you might get one that doesnt care and wont even look in the box

I did this with digital cameras before at Target, but I know for PS3's theres a lil chart they follow for system returns to make sure the serial numbers match up
 03-20-2008, 07:11 PMaway - #16
KnightOfTears 6 heat pts space
avatar
space
$2,914 | POWERFUL
I did the old swap it out with a dvd burner. The one I had was old, and I wanted a new one, So I went and bought a new one, same brand, Sony. They looked identical, so I just swapped them out and packed everything like it was in the box and returned it with the receipt. Got my money back, and got a free brand new dvd burner.
 03-21-2008, 03:48 PMaway - #17
dmunson318  space
avatar
space
$7,392 | 15926930
Originally Posted by deejay_emcee
let Me a.ssist You Guys
I Am A Csm At Walmart (customer Service Manager)


And Here Is The Return Policy For Electronics

For Returning Video Game Systems, You Need To Have Your Receipt, To See The Date Of Purchase. And If You Do, Then They Will Call An Electronics a.ssociate To Look At It And Make Sure Everything Is In The System.

If It Is Damaged, They Will Only Take It Back If It Is Within Either The Warranty Or Within 30 Days Of Original Purchase, Then They Will Refer To The Manufacturer For Help

People Cannot Get Their Money Back For Video Games Or Movies Or Cd's Because They Are Not Our Property, You Can Only Get The Same Thing If It Was Damaged. Other Than That Your Screwed.

Any Other Q's ?

i thought u had 15 days and no need for reciept if everything was in box
 03-21-2008, 04:10 PMaway - #18
dre03  space
avatar
space
$8,251 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mr. Ro-Vato
Hey, me and my gf got a webcam from Wal-Mart not long ago but it wasn't what we wanted so we just took it back, showed the receipt, and got our money back. We used the money to buy a new one, which wouldn't work on my computer, so we took it back, we did the exact same thing. Just gave them the receipt and got our money back. So what I was thinking is, what if I bought an Xbox 360 at Wal-Mart, then bought a broken 3 red light 360 off Kijiji for $60, then put it in the 360 box and returned it with the receipt, and get back my money. So basically I get my money back and I'd get a 360 for $60.

Would this work?
This works anywhere...

None of these stores cross reference anything... I know those who have returned the 20GB PS3 in a 60 GB box after buyin a 60gb the day before
 03-24-2008, 02:07 PMaway - #19
Majestic_GMMB 1 heat pts space
avatar
space
$7,815 | 18560738
Originally Posted by big jeffrey
funny, i just made a thread like this... but yeah i am in that same boat right now, my 360 bricked and i cant buy a new one... ive heard diff. things like "they will call a electronics person to come make sure everything is in there" or "no they dont care"
I just to work down there and when they was fairly new maybe a year or so in...they would call a number to make sure that its the same serial code and all that...I don't think it will work unless Microsoft just told them to give the 360's away and they'll pay walmart back because walmart ain't giving sh*t away for free
 03-24-2008, 02:16 PMaway - #20
husker4  space
avatar
space
$84 | 2959
in college wal-mart is a place to scam on returns..
 

Home > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
30 viewing
Video inside Lisa Ann: Escorts Changed the Industry for the Worse
121 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Audio inside Wait.. What? Timbaland produced no more pain for 2pac
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Video inside Dame Dash Uncut @ SWayInTheMorning  
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Image inside Drake Labeled "A Massive f-ggot" By Fellow Future ..
195 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside Mar 4 - Here's What's Really Wrong With the New Pe..
86 comments
@news
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Well damn Drake new girl  
120 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Tommy Sotomayor Threatens To Kill Cory Holcomb And Crew If..
130 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside charlamagne tha god exposed on twitter? (or shoppe..
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Video inside The producer behind Power/Rangers is gonna fu-k you..
24 comments
@movies


contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   mobile   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time.