This is BX @ Boxden.com

Tomb Raider gets first review

Tomb Raider gets first review
topic by Da Ill One - 02-23-2013, 12:39 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

Tomb Raider has received its first review, courtesy of this month’s issue of GamesMaster.

The game earned a 90% score. The magazine had high praise for Tomb Raider’s visuals – the title was given a 95% rating in the category.

Players can look forward to 10-15 hours for the main story, though GamesMaster notes that it’ll take 20 to fully explore the island.

The magazine also enjoyed the “vivid” hubs and final third of the game “with its spectacular b0mbast”. GamesMaster wished Tomb Raider included more side tombs, but the ones present in the game are a joy to discover. For those wondering: there aren’t many quick time events.

GamesMaster sums up:

“Sitting back exhausted we were left with just one question dribbling forth from our gaping jaws. How on earth are they going to top this in the sequel? Because of one thing there can be no doubt. Lara is back.”

Look out for a whole slew of Tomb Raider reviews early next week. Square Enix will be ending the game’s embargo on Monday – over a week before the game launches.

Info via Gamesmaster

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

63 comments for "Tomb Raider gets first review"

02-23-2013, 12:57 PMaway - #2
Jesszman 2180 heat pts2180

d 
space
$29,479 | POWERFUL
Never trust first or exclusive reviews. I'm getting it for $30 on PC though, so I'm not too worried. NOt sure about Bioshock Inifinite though.
 02-23-2013, 01:02 PMaway - #3
Da Ill One|M 3614 heat pts3614

d 
space
$39,964 | POWERFUL
I'm getting Bioshock Infinite free from Spike TV...so i'll probably cop the DLC for Bioshock Infinite on PS 3 since it's only $10...

be the first DLC I EVER bought
 02-23-2013, 01:05 PMaway - #4
Jesszman 2180 heat pts2180

d 
space
$29,479 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
I'm getting Bioshock Infinite free from Spike TV...so i'll probably cop the DLC for Bioshock Infinite on PS 3 since it's only $10...

be the first DLC I EVER bought
Only story DLC i've ever bought was Gravity Rush's. It was so good. How are you getting BI for free though?
 02-23-2013, 01:08 PMaway - #5
OG Killa 144 heat pts144

d 
space
$13,682 | POWERFUL
Getting the PC version from Redbox lol
 02-23-2013, 01:09 PMaway - #6
Trap$tar 7 heat pts

d 
space
$8,241 | POWERFUL
I'm so hyped for Bioshock and GoW:A this upcoming month. Two of my all time favorite franchises.

I don't have a lot of DLC either. I usually gameshare them.

I think the only DLC I have is the second DLC for Borderlands 2 and all the DLC for AC: Brotherhood.
 02-23-2013, 01:12 PMaway - #7

d 
space
$39,964 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
Only story DLC i've ever bought was Gravity Rush's. It was so good. How are you getting BI for free though?
I won it from a contest on SpikeTV before E3 last year...about guessing which game will win a certain poll...and I guessed BI and was one of five people chosen to get a free copy of it on the system of our choice...i'll take it
 02-23-2013, 01:14 PMaway - #8
KURUPTION!!! 478 heat pts478

d 
space
$32,995 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ALLEEK
as am I.
 02-23-2013, 01:26 PMaway - #9
Nest 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$2,780 | POWERFUL
I won it from a contest on SpikeTV before E3 last year...about guessing which game will win a certain poll...and I guessed BI and was one of five people chosen to get a free copy of it on the system of our choice...i'll take it
You know... Christmas is coming up. Maybe you can ship that my way

I'll send you a fruit basket
 02-23-2013, 01:28 PMaway - #10

d 
space
$39,964 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Nest
You know... Christmas is coming up. Maybe you can ship that my way

I'll send you a fruit basket
You Know Christmas is 9 months away, maybe i'll send you the used copy of BI then =)
 02-23-2013, 01:33 PMaway - #11
Nest 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$2,780 | POWERFUL
You Know Christmas is 9 months away, maybe i'll send you the used copy of BI then =)
Everyday is Christmas if you use your imagination

02-23-2013, 01:40 PMaway - #12

d 
space
$39,964 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Nest
Everyday is Christmas if you use your imagination

Happy Christmahanakwanzika
 02-23-2013, 01:46 PMaway - #13
LakeHawks 101 heat pts101

d 
space
$12,992 | POWERFUL
Isa has that biashack masta?
 02-23-2013, 01:57 PMaway - #14
Krazie 93 heat pts93

d 
space
$26,837 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Trap$tar
I'm so hyped for Bioshock and GoW:A this upcoming month. Two of my all time favorite franchises.

I don't have a lot of DLC either. I usually gameshare them.

I think the only DLC I have is the second DLC for Borderlands 2 and all the DLC for AC: Brotherhood.
I can't agree with that enough. I hardly buy games on day one these days because I typically gamefly them or wait a bit til they hit a sale, but those are definite day one purchases for me.

I'm psyched for Tomb Raider as well, but it's probably a rental for me.
 02-23-2013, 02:17 PMaway - #15
Trap$tar 7 heat pts

d 
space
$8,241 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
I can't agree with that enough. I hardly buy games on day one these days because I typically gamefly them or wait a bit til they hit a sale, but those are definite day one purchases for me.

I'm psyched for Tomb Raider as well, but it's probably a rental for me.
Tomb Raider looks dope as well but they have release alot of wack games in the past few years. Waiting for more reviews of it.

Bioshock will most likely be my game of the year of 2013. #### looks amazing. I'm not even that big on First Person games either but this one got me hooked ever since I played the first one.

God of War has always been a great title. Even the PSP ones were very enjoyable when I finally got to play the collection on my PS3. Haven't played the beta though so I'm curious on how it plays but that is just a bonus.

But yea I hardly buy games on day 1 as well. I think the last game I bought day 1 was Red Dead Redemption and Mortal Kombat (I regret this so much).

I'm still waiting for price drops on Dishonored and AC3 before I buy them. Plus I have a backload of games to play which usually keeps me from buying games day 1.

My backload is Ratchet and Clank HD Collection, Heavy Rain, Darksiders 2, Far Cry 3 (currently playing it), k!llzone 2 (need to finish it), Black Ops 2 campaign, MGS3 HD, MGS4 (Playing it for trophies this time around)

But I'm going to stop everything for GoW and Bioshock.

Last edited by Trap$tar; 02-23-2013 at 02:19 PM..
 02-23-2013, 02:23 PMaway - #16
Krazie 93 heat pts93

d 
space
$26,837 | POWERFUL
Tomb Raider looks dope as well but they have release alot of wack games in the past few years. Waiting for more reviews of it.

Bioshock will most likely be my game of the year of 2013. #### looks amazing. I'm not even that big on First Person games either but this one got me hooked ever since I played the first one.

God of War has always been a great title. Even the PSP ones were very enjoyable when I finally got to play the collection on my PS3. Haven't played the beta though so I'm curious on how it plays but that is just a bonus.

But yea I hardly buy games on day 1 as well. I think the last game I bought day 1 was Red Dead Redemption and Mortal Kombat (I regret this so much).

I'm still waiting for price drops on Dishonored and AC3 before I buy them. Plus I have a backload of games to play which usually keeps me from buying games day 1.

My backload is Ratchet and Clank HD Collection, Heavy Rain, Darksiders 2, Far Cry 3 (currently playing it), k!llzone 2 (need to finish it), Black Ops 2 campaign, MGS3 HD, MGS4 (Playing it for trophies this time around)

But I'm going to stop everything for GoW and Bioshock.
Oh you meant God of War, not Gears of War.

Well #### off then.
 02-23-2013, 02:29 PMaway - #17
Trap$tar 7 heat pts

d 
space
$8,241 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
Oh you meant God of War, not Gears of War.

Well #### off then.
I did say GoW:A isn't the next Gears GoW:J? Pay attention ni##a.
 02-23-2013, 02:34 PMaway - #18
Krazie 93 heat pts93

d 
space
$26,837 | POWERFUL
I did say GoW:A isn't the next Gears GoW:J? Pay attention ni##a.
Yeah I totally missed the :A
 02-23-2013, 02:43 PMaway - #19
Rico23 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$33,243 | POWERFUL
I feel like this game is gonna be a 3rd person far cry 3, i can see a few similarities like for instances character progression..I just wanna play a good tomb raider game again
 02-23-2013, 03:04 PMaway - #20
fatboi1 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,287 | 12815376
Originally Posted by ALLEEK
I beg your pardon?

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Wii U - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U >>>>
61 comments
NBA According to Bleacher Report: Steve Nash will miss entir..
50 comments
NBA 2013 Superteam Lakers the worst manufactured Superteam i..
61 comments
 Image(s) inside Jaime Fox's Hairline Has A Taper Implant
New reply 4 seconds ago - 107 comments - by foshomoney
 NBA Espn Nba Insiders: Harden, Howard Among Most Overrated...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 54 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
 NBA Kendrick Lamar, Kevin Hart Highlight Cleveland Cavalie...
New reply 29 seconds ago - 113 comments - by metatr0n
 NBA Breaking News: Steve Nash Out For Season
New reply 8 minutes ago - 131 comments - by theFREAK
 NBA Espn First Take: Nash Or Iverson: Who's The Better Pla...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 114 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Image(s) inside Drake Fires Back At Tyga
New reply 8 minutes ago - 119 comments - by Frankybaby
 Image(s) inside Daaaaamn My Nigga French Montana Back
New reply 5 minutes ago - 88 comments - by SHADOW
  What's The Most Polarizing Film You've Watched?
New reply 9 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Agentzer0oo0

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,796 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.