b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Tomb Raider gets first review


People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot
  
    
          join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Tomb Raider gets first review
topic by Da Ill One - 02-23-2013, 01:39 PM




Tomb Raider has received its first review, courtesy of this month’s issue of GamesMaster.

The game earned a 90% score. The magazine had high praise for Tomb Raider’s visuals – the title was given a 95% rating in the category.

Players can look forward to 10-15 hours for the main story, though GamesMaster notes that it’ll take 20 to fully explore the island.

The magazine also enjoyed the “vivid” hubs and final third of the game “with its spectacular b0mbast”. GamesMaster wished Tomb Raider included more side tombs, but the ones present in the game are a joy to discover. For those wondering: there aren’t many quick time events.

GamesMaster sums up:

“Sitting back exhausted we were left with just one question dribbling forth from our gaping jaws. How on earth are they going to top this in the sequel? Because of one thing there can be no doubt. Lara is back.”

Look out for a whole slew of Tomb Raider reviews early next week. Square Enix will be ending the game’s embargo on Monday – over a week before the game launches.

Info via Gamesmaster


The following 3 BX residents gave props to Da Ill One (Sent To 9,549 Subscribers)  LaRy BLanco (02-23-2013) , HEAT HOT TOPIC (Blog'd,RSS'd,Tweet'd and Facebook'd)  (02-23-2013) , Snipper (02-24-2013)

63 comments for "Tomb Raider gets first review"


 02-23-2013, 01:57 PMaway - #2
Jesszman 2196 heat pts2196

  d 
space
$29,794 | POWERFUL
Never trust first or exclusive reviews. I'm getting it for $30 on PC though, so I'm not too worried. NOt sure about Bioshock Inifinite though.
 02-23-2013, 02:02 PMaway - #3
Da Ill One|M 3682 heat pts3682

  d 
space
$40,585 | POWERFUL
I'm getting Bioshock Infinite free from Spike TV...so i'll probably cop the DLC for Bioshock Infinite on PS 3 since it's only $10...

be the first DLC I EVER bought
 02-23-2013, 02:05 PMaway - #4
Jesszman 2196 heat pts2196

  d 
space
$29,794 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
I'm getting Bioshock Infinite free from Spike TV...so i'll probably cop the DLC for Bioshock Infinite on PS 3 since it's only $10...

be the first DLC I EVER bought
Only story DLC i've ever bought was Gravity Rush's. It was so good. How are you getting BI for free though?
 02-23-2013, 02:08 PMaway - #5
OG Killa 152 heat pts152

  d 
space
$14,632 | POWERFUL
Getting the PC version from Redbox lol
 02-23-2013, 02:09 PMaway - #6
Trap$tar 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,359 | POWERFUL
I'm so hyped for Bioshock and GoW:A this upcoming month. Two of my all time favorite franchises.

I don't have a lot of DLC either. I usually gameshare them.

I think the only DLC I have is the second DLC for Borderlands 2 and all the DLC for AC: Brotherhood.
 02-23-2013, 02:12 PMaway - #7
Da Ill One|M 3682 heat pts3682

  d 
space
$40,585 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
Only story DLC i've ever bought was Gravity Rush's. It was so good. How are you getting BI for free though?
I won it from a contest on SpikeTV before E3 last year...about guessing which game will win a certain poll...and I guessed BI and was one of five people chosen to get a free copy of it on the system of our choice...i'll take it
 02-23-2013, 02:14 PMaway - #8
KURUPTION!!! 490 heat pts490

  d 
space
$33,308 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ALLEEK
Getting the PC version from Redbox lol
as am I.
 02-23-2013, 02:26 PMaway - #9
Nest 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$2,880 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
I won it from a contest on SpikeTV before E3 last year...about guessing which game will win a certain poll...and I guessed BI and was one of five people chosen to get a free copy of it on the system of our choice...i'll take it
You know... Christmas is coming up. Maybe you can ship that my way

I'll send you a fruit basket
 02-23-2013, 02:28 PMaway - #10
Da Ill One|M 3682 heat pts3682

  d 
space
$40,585 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Nest
You know... Christmas is coming up. Maybe you can ship that my way

I'll send you a fruit basket
You Know Christmas is 9 months away, maybe i'll send you the used copy of BI then =)
 02-23-2013, 02:33 PMaway - #11
Nest 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$2,880 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
You Know Christmas is 9 months away, maybe i'll send you the used copy of BI then =)
Everyday is Christmas if you use your imagination

 02-23-2013, 02:40 PMaway - #12
Da Ill One|M 3682 heat pts3682

  d 
space
$40,585 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Nest
Everyday is Christmas if you use your imagination

Happy Christmahanakwanzika
 02-23-2013, 02:46 PMaway - #13
LakeHawks 101 heat pts101

  d 
space
$12,992 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
You Know Christmas is 9 months away, maybe i'll send you the used copy of BI then =)
Isa has that biashack masta?
 02-23-2013, 02:57 PMaway - #14
Krazie 93 heat pts93

  d 
space
$29,826 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Trap$tar
I'm so hyped for Bioshock and GoW:A this upcoming month. Two of my all time favorite franchises.

I don't have a lot of DLC either. I usually gameshare them.

I think the only DLC I have is the second DLC for Borderlands 2 and all the DLC for AC: Brotherhood.
I can't agree with that enough. I hardly buy games on day one these days because I typically gamefly them or wait a bit til they hit a sale, but those are definite day one purchases for me.

I'm psyched for Tomb Raider as well, but it's probably a rental for me.
 02-23-2013, 03:17 PMaway - #15
Trap$tar 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,359 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
I can't agree with that enough. I hardly buy games on day one these days because I typically gamefly them or wait a bit til they hit a sale, but those are definite day one purchases for me.

I'm psyched for Tomb Raider as well, but it's probably a rental for me.
Tomb Raider looks dope as well but they have release alot of wack games in the past few years. Waiting for more reviews of it.

Bioshock will most likely be my game of the year of 2013. #### looks amazing. I'm not even that big on First Person games either but this one got me hooked ever since I played the first one.

God of War has always been a great title. Even the PSP ones were very enjoyable when I finally got to play the collection on my PS3. Haven't played the beta though so I'm curious on how it plays but that is just a bonus.

But yea I hardly buy games on day 1 as well. I think the last game I bought day 1 was Red Dead Redemption and Mortal Kombat (I regret this so much).

I'm still waiting for price drops on Dishonored and AC3 before I buy them. Plus I have a backload of games to play which usually keeps me from buying games day 1.

My backload is Ratchet and Clank HD Collection, Heavy Rain, Darksiders 2, Far Cry 3 (currently playing it), k!llzone 2 (need to finish it), Black Ops 2 campaign, MGS3 HD, MGS4 (Playing it for trophies this time around)

But I'm going to stop everything for GoW and Bioshock.

Last edited by Trap$tar; 02-23-2013 at 03:19 PM..
 02-23-2013, 03:23 PMaway - #16
Krazie 93 heat pts93

  d 
space
$29,826 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Trap$tar
Tomb Raider looks dope as well but they have release alot of wack games in the past few years. Waiting for more reviews of it.

Bioshock will most likely be my game of the year of 2013. #### looks amazing. I'm not even that big on First Person games either but this one got me hooked ever since I played the first one.

God of War has always been a great title. Even the PSP ones were very enjoyable when I finally got to play the collection on my PS3. Haven't played the beta though so I'm curious on how it plays but that is just a bonus.

But yea I hardly buy games on day 1 as well. I think the last game I bought day 1 was Red Dead Redemption and Mortal Kombat (I regret this so much).

I'm still waiting for price drops on Dishonored and AC3 before I buy them. Plus I have a backload of games to play which usually keeps me from buying games day 1.

My backload is Ratchet and Clank HD Collection, Heavy Rain, Darksiders 2, Far Cry 3 (currently playing it), k!llzone 2 (need to finish it), Black Ops 2 campaign, MGS3 HD, MGS4 (Playing it for trophies this time around)

But I'm going to stop everything for GoW and Bioshock.
Oh you meant God of War, not Gears of War.

Well #### off then.
 02-23-2013, 03:29 PMaway - #17
Trap$tar 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,359 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
Oh you meant God of War, not Gears of War.

Well #### off then.
I did say GoW:A isn't the next Gears GoW:J? Pay attention ni##a.
 02-23-2013, 03:34 PMaway - #18
Krazie 93 heat pts93

  d 
space
$29,826 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Trap$tar
I did say GoW:A isn't the next Gears GoW:J? Pay attention ni##a.
Yeah I totally missed the :A
 02-23-2013, 03:43 PMaway - #19
Rico23 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$35,609 | POWERFUL
I feel like this game is gonna be a 3rd person far cry 3, i can see a few similarities like for instances character progression..I just wanna play a good tomb raider game again
 02-23-2013, 04:04 PMaway - #20
fatboi1 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,287 | 12815376
Originally Posted by ALLEEK
Getting the PC version from Redbox lol
I beg your pardon?
 


 



NFL Boycott Skittles: Marshawn Lynch monetizes mocking of me..
62 comments
NFL Report: 49ers will name Geep Chryst offensive coordinator
56 comments
NBA Once again Pretty Boy Kyrie puts on a Show that Cavs fan..
58 comments
  Lil Wayne Sues Birdman's Cash Money
New reply 2 minutes ago - 74 comments - by champlain
 Image(s) inside This Should Be The Cover On Jay-z Da Gawd's New Album ...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 57 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
 NFL Marshawn Lynch's Cuz Mistah Fab Says Beast Mode Will R...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 93 comments - by Kyu
 NFL Nfl Likely To Fine Marshawn Lynch "significant Am...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 127 comments - by theFREAK
  Louis Ck Or Bill Burr
New reply 4 minutes ago - 79 comments - by Hoop Dreams
 Image(s) inside Black Parents Give Birth To White Baby
New reply 8 minutes ago - 156 comments - by Chedda
  Charli Baltimore Says Biggie Played 7 Day Theory Non S...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 138 comments - by Laronla
 NBA 'iceman' Gervin: 'i Don't Feel' Klay 'broke My Record'
New reply 12 minutes ago - 149 comments - by !!!
last 48 hours

like bx on facebook


follow bx on twitter
5,933 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,909 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.