$1,982 | 18583587
 10-21-2012, 09:51 PMaway - #23
LABoy83 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,009 | 3073804
Leggo!

3 was the last relevant Halo

Im anxious to see what life will be like without Bungie (didnt indulge in the Combat Evolved Anniversary)
 10-22-2012, 02:23 AMaway - #24
AyeDre 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$10,187 | POWERFUL
That limited edition console looks ####ing sick
 10-22-2012, 06:12 AMaway - #25
xslick504 9 heat pts

d 
space
$4,791 | 19639288
Originally Posted by AyeDre
That limited edition console looks ####ing sick
yea i'm really considering upgrading from this old white one finally..........
 10-22-2012, 06:57 AMaway - #26
GetOnMahLevel 

d 
space
$5,098 | 20896138
Originally Posted by xslick504
yea i'm really considering upgrading from this old white one finally..........
Same here.. I'm playing it by chance.. if Walmart has the console at midnight I'll cop..if not then it wasn't meant to be..
 10-23-2012, 08:46 AMaway - #27
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
Halo 4 Rank Progression, Unlock System Explained

343 Industries has revealed exactly how Halo 4‘s rank progression and unlock system works ahead of the games imminent release. No longer does your rank go up and down depending on how well you are doing in multiplayer at any given time as it has done in previous Halo games, now it’s the simple earn-XP-and-rank-up system that you are used to with most other first-person shooters. If you play for long enough you will reach the top rank in Halo 4, which is SR-50.

It is not quite a simple as that, though. Read on for the details on Halo 4′s ranking system.

Halo 4 Progression System

The UNSC Infinity is your gateway to the Infinity Multiplayer experience in Halo 4 and serves as the center of your Spartan career. Here you will build your own custom Spartan-IV soldier, and progress your multiplayer career across both Spartan Ops and War Games modes. You’ll start your career as a rookie, the Spartan-IV, with a limited amount of choices. As you level up, things will slowly unlock into a large amount of choices. The pace with unlocks will be regular, but not too fast so that it causes confusion.

When designing the progression system for Halo 4, the primary goal was to give progress more meaning, and in order to do that, the player’s progress has to impact gameplay. In Halo 4, it’s primarily done like this by allowing the progression system to modify the weapons and abilities the player can take into battle, empowering player choice, and exposing more elements of the sandbox to more players.

As you progress through your multiplayer career, you unlock items that allow you to build-out the character and experience you want. The things you really want, such as the trusty Battle Rifle and DMR, you’ll gain access to fairly quickly and easily. Some of the more difficult choices you’ll face, such as which Specialization to tackle first, come later. All of these things give you the ability to tailor your experience and focus on your favorite parts of the multiplayer experience more than ever before.

How quickly you progress through your career will partly depend on your skill. Skilled players will rank up faster simply because you get more XP for winning matches and completing commendations and challenges. In an effort to stop people quitting games part way through, quitters do not get game completion XP. They can progress commendations and challenges, but they will not get partial XP at the end of the game.

Below you’ll find a breakdown of the Halo 4 progression system.

Spartan-IV Career

When you first enter Infinity Multiplayer, you automatically be enlisted into the SPARTAN-IV program and begin your Spartan career. This career spans gameplay in all multiplayer parts of Halo 4; War Games, Spartan Ops, Forge and Theater.

New SPARTAN-IV recruits are issued the following gear:
• a$sault Rifle
• Magnum
• Frag Grenade
• Recruit Armor, Emblem, Visor and Stance

Stances are a new customization option that let you select a pose for your Spartan on your Player Card. This card is seen in every multiplayer lobby in the game and is how your Spartan is identified outside of gameplay.

You will have to rise up through the Spartan ranks to unlock more gear and make your way through the SPARTAN-IV program, though.

Spartan-IV Ranks

There are 50 ranks to work your way through in Halo 4, from SR-1 to SR-50, unlocking gameplay and visual customization items as you go.

To rank up, you need to earn XP. You earn XP by:
• Playing War Games (earn more for winning and high personal score)
• Playing Spartan Ops (earn more for higher difficulties)
• Completing each level of a Commendation
• Completing Challenges
• Using Forge

At each rank, you will earn one or more Spartan Points (SP). SP are used to purchase gameplay items for your personal loadouts. Once you purchase an item, it can be used in any of your loadouts.

The Spartan Point system is based around offering choices at each rank. The full suite of gameplay items is available for purchase by rank SR-26 but you won’t have enough SP to buy everything until SR-50. It’s up to you to decide the order in which you want to build up the arsenal for your Spartan-IV.

Loadouts

Each loadout contains a Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon, Grenade, Armor Ability, Tactical Package and Support Upgrade. As you rank your character up, you will gain access to the Armor Ability slot (SR-3), the Tactical Package slot (SR-7), and the Support Upgrade slot (SR-12).

There are default loadouts in the War Games playlists to give you a preview of these items before you reach those ranks, and to offer an alternative to your custom loadouts.

Over the course of the SPARTAN-IV ranks, you also unlock four extra loadouts (at SR-6, SR-14, SR-26 and SR-41) for a total of five loadouts. You can rename these loadouts as you see fit, so picking names that match the role or gear for that particular loadout is advisable.

Visual Customization

All Spartan-IVs start out with the same default look. As you rank up, this is reflected in the look of your Spartan, which is visible to other players in gameplay and every Multiplayer lobby.

Visual customization items such as Armor, Armor Skins, Weapon Skins, Visors, Emblems and Stances are unlocked through several means:
• Earning a specific SR rank
• Earning a specific rank in a Specialization
• Mastering a Commendation
• Completing a Waypoint goal

When you meet the prerequisite, you will gain access to the items automatically; you do not need to spend Spartan Points.

Specializations

Once you hit SR-50, you have the option to enlist in a new Specialization. You can choose which of the available Specializations to enlist in.

Specializations are made up of ten levels each. As you rank up in Specializations, you’ll unlock new armor sets, emblems, visor colors, armor and weapon skins and armor mods – which provides even more opportunity to customize your Spartan-IV to fit your preferred role in battle.

Once you commit to a Specialization, you have to complete it before switching to a new one. It will take roughly as long to complete a Specialization as it does to go from SR-40 to SR-50.

All players have access to two Specializations from the start:
• Wetwork: WK-1 to WK-10
• Pioneer: PR-1 to PR-10

The rest, which are listed below, will gradually be made available in the months following launch. We will be keeping a close watch on player participation post-launch and will roll out the additional six Specializations when the player base reaches certain milestones. Purchasers of the Limited Edition and pre-orders in certain territories have launch day access to the remaining six Specializations – although you still need to complete the initial 50 Ranks before you can enlist in one.

• Engineer: EN-1 to EN-10
• Tracker: TK-1 to TK-10
• Rogue: RG-1 to RG-10
• Stalker: SK-1 to SK-10
• Pathfinder: PT-1 to PT-10
• Operator: OP-1 to OP-10

Other players will be able to see your overall progress through the Specializations by your SR rank. This keeps going up by one each time you earn a Specialization rank, all the way up to SR-130. Hint: There’s a reward or two waiting for those who hit SR-130!

Commendations

Halo 4 features over 120 commendations covering a huge variety of activities (per weapon, per enemy type and per game type, for example). There are commendations based around earning specific medals, and there are also aggregators that require you to master multiple commendations to complete them. Commendations also have a variable number of levels.

Certain Commendations can award visual customization items when you master them. To master a Commendation, you need to have earned its highest level.

The Commendation system brings long-term progression with the most exclusive items. Most players will still be mastering Commendations well after finishing the Specializations.

Challenges

Like Commendations, Challenges have been expanded in Halo 4. Not only is there daily content, but also a weekly and monthly variation, giving players ample time to complete different challenges with different levels of difficulty.

Challenges are divided into four separate categories:

• Campaign
- 2 Weekly Challenges
• War Games
- 2 Daily Challenges
- 2 Weekly Challenges
- 1 Monthly Challenge
• Spartan Ops
- 6 Challenges
• Waypoint
- Exclusive daily challenges for War Games

So the we have it, that is exactly how you rank up and unlock gear in Halo 4.

Last edited by GrownmanJ; 10-23-2012 at 08:53 AM..
 10-23-2012, 08:51 AMaway - #28
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
Disappointed that there is no 1-50 visible rank, but this may have enough depth to keep me playing.
 10-23-2012, 09:11 AMaway - #29
BrooklynSwag 6 heat pts

d 
space
$8,100 | POWERFUL
I ain't going to class November 6th or the day after..
 10-23-2012, 09:41 AMaway - #30
moe4484 3 heat pts

d 
space
$5,809 | POWERFUL
Cant wait til the first week on Nov. on the 5th I get to see the my Eagles play the saints down in the N.O. and hit bourbon st after. Then wake up Tuesday drive 30 mins back to the house and scoop up Halo on the way and play that #### all day
 10-23-2012, 10:33 AMaway - #31
King Capo 5 heat pts

d 
space
$4,022 | 12826072
I might go cop me a 360
 10-23-2012, 10:36 AMaway - #32
S-I-X 

d 
space
$1,084 | 1818703
I'm halfway through the campaign, has the Halo 3 feel to it rather than ####ty Halo Reach (IMO), definitely loving it.
 10-23-2012, 10:40 AMaway - #33
S-I-X 

d 
space
$1,084 | 1818703
Also, I liked the Halo 3 ranking system, showed who were the real good players (or teams) from the bad ones. Now anybody can rank up by just playing..wack.
 10-23-2012, 10:56 AMaway - #34
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by S-I-X
I'm halfway through the campaign, has the Halo 3 feel to it rather than ####ty Halo Reach (IMO), definitely loving it.
You better not spoil anything or you will be banned...

10-23-2012, 11:47 AMaway - #35
S-I-X 

d 
space
$1,084 | 1818703
Originally Posted by GrownmanJ
You better not spoil anything or you will be banned...

First off are you a even in a position to threaten? Second, did you see any spoilers in my posts?
 10-23-2012, 11:57 AMaway - #36
LakeHawks 101 heat pts101

d 
space
$12,992 | POWERFUL
My di#k is ready
 10-24-2012, 09:48 AMaway - #37
TattooedMPsz 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$15,768 | POWERFUL
just dropped some more on my halo 4 console november 6th
 10-24-2012, 09:49 AMaway - #38
Da Ill One|M 3610 heat pts3610

d 
space
$39,930 | POWERFUL
Official Launch trailer

10-24-2012, 10:35 AMaway - #39
TattooedMPsz 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$15,768 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by berzerkerguts
This game does not have the halo 3 feel at all... Which is a good thing.
care to elaborate?
 10-24-2012, 11:11 AMaway - #40
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by berzerkerguts
This game does not have the halo 3 feel at all... Which is a good thing.
More like a good and bad thing. The good thing is that halo 3 compared to fps games now feels a little clunky and the mp was slow paced. Halo 4 fixed that. The bad thing is that there is no competitive ranking system that will keep you coming back until you achieve that specific goal.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Hannibal Buress Called Bill Cosby a Rapist During a St..
71 comments
Video inside  Xbox Won multitasking at work (Party/Movie/Game)
99 comments
NBA Derrick Rose puts Kyrie Irving in the Spin Cycle (gif)
55 comments
 MLB The 2014 World Series: Kansas City Royals Vs. San Fran...
New reply 16 seconds ago - 368 comments - by !!!
  Chief Keef Dropped From Interscope
New reply 13 minutes ago - 319 comments - by youngige
 Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds 2 Ig Comment
New reply 33 seconds ago - 69 comments - by Dray
 Image(s) inside Slowbucks Responds
New reply 21 minutes ago - 132 comments - by ajeana
  10 Producers Accused Of Making The Same Beat Over And ...
New reply 1 minute ago - 160 comments - by sittinpretti
 audio inside Joe Budden "ordinary Love Sh-t Pt. 4"
New reply 24 minutes ago - 91 comments - by Nickel
 Image(s) inside Oct 20 - You Can Turn A $2000 Shipping Container Into ...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 78 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Video inside Smack/url Presents- Shotgun Suge Vs Charron [discussio...
New reply 34 minutes ago - 127 comments - by ZeusSlaps

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.