This is BX @ Boxden.com

The Final Year of Xbox 360

The Final Year of Xbox 360
topic by MischiefTooReal - 12-29-2012, 11:47 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

The original Xbox went out with a bang in 2005, delivering some of the console’s best games ever like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, The Chronicles of Riddi#k: Escape From Butcher Bay, and Psychonauts. It seems history may repeat itself, as the Xbox 360 is also set to get a spectacular sendoff in 2013 in advance of the so-called Xbox 720/Durango next fall. Yes, of course, plenty of games will find their way to the 360 in 2014 – good ones, too! – but 2013 marks the final year that the current Xbox will be the flagship of the brand, with the entire world’s eyes (and dollars) fixed upon it.

Grand Theft Auto V

Why it’s Hot: You know why. Besides the fact that Rockstar has a better handle on creating beautiful, open-world sandboxes rife with humor and personality than anyone else, they’ve kept everyone waiting a long time. By the time GTA V releases – and it’s almost certainly going to be April or May, as 2K’s own BioShock Infinite was moved to the end of March in order to still make the company’s fiscal quarter, opening the door for GTA to pad the shareholders’ pockets in the following fiscal quarter – it will have been five full years since GTA IV came out. And we kind of like that. It simply wouldn’t be as much fun – nor would the game design evolve as significantly – if a new GTA was stamped out every other year like clockwork. As for the game itself, it’s giving off very San Andreas-y vibes, and not just because it happens to be set in San Andreas. Between tennis, dirtbiking, and myriad other activities, we might not even want or need any other games until the Xbox 720 releases.
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Release Date: Q1

Why it’s Hot: It’s no secret that we love Journey. It was our Game of the Year for 2012, after all. And we quite love Fable too, even though the haters on the Internetz are quick to mock the franchise. So to combine the two into one cinematic, story-driven experience – one written and directed by a decorated Swedish filmmaker – meant our interest was piqued. And after we saw the game, we knew: this is going to be good. Really, really good. Brothers is expected to clock in around 3-4 hours, so like Journey before it, it’s one you’re going to want to start and finish in one sitting.

The Cave

Why it’s Hot: Two words: Ron Gilbert. If those two words mean nothing to you, then go play Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2, the two timeless classics that put him on the map. The Cave is Gilbert’s new baby, and it’s got his trademark dry wit, headlined by The Cave itself – a sentient character who narrates your quest. Unlike most adventure games, The Cave features platforming in addition to puzzle-solving, and it’s going to be highly replayable thanks to a large cast of characters – only three of whom you can play with at any given time. Did we mention that it’s an adventure game by Ron Gilbert?

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Release Date: Spring

Why it’s Hot: Let’s be realistic here: it’s unlikely that Splinter Cell is going to return to the hardcore stealth ways of 2005’s classic Chaos Theory anytime soon. Instead, the “action-stealth” mash-up introduced by 2010’s Conviction is the future of the franchise, for better or for worse. Fortunately, Blacklist seems to operate somewhere between those two games, retaining action-y options if you want them but offering a wealth of silent, nonlethal tactics as well. We’re still upset that Michael Ironside is no longer voicing Sam Fisher, but we’ll get over it if the gameplay is awesome.

Gears of War: Judgment

Release Date: March 19

Why it’s Hot: We’ve already played lots of multiplayer – specifically the new OverRun mode, which is essentially a glorious mating of Horde and Team de@thmatch – but now we’ve rolled through some campaign as well, and we’ll tell you this: Judgment is going to be a very different Gears of War from the Marcus Fenix trilogy you’ve spent the last six years getting wrapped up in. Skill k!lls, brutal challenges – it’s going to remind you a bit of Bulletstorm in all the best ways. Not a surprise, given that Bulletstorm developer People Can Fly is behind the wheel for Judgment.

State of Decay

Why it’s Hot: Before you roll your eyes at the mention of yet another zombie game, consider State of Decay for a moment. It’s an Xbox Live Arcade offering that’s not so much about action as it is about survival. With an open world to explore, tower-defense elements within that open world (i.e. holing up wherever you want and then using found supplies to fortify that area), and the ability to add NPC survivors to your party who each have specialized skills that can complement the rest of your crew, State of Decay is an incredibly ambitious effort for any game, let alone a digital download that’s likely to cost no more than $15. Stuff like this is why we love XBLA.
Crysis 3

Release Date: February 19

Why it’s Hot: The technical prowess of the CryEngine gets sharpened to an even deadlier point in the third Crysis, where the jungles of the original game and the Manhattan cityscape of the sequel merge to create a literal urban jungle. Oh, and the gameplay is right there to back up the eye candy, with the Nanosuit’s stealth and armor modes on tap to support your preferred play style. Expect a bit more freedom this time around, though there’s no word yet on whether or not Crysis 2’s eyeball-melting 3D TV support will return since, you know, 3D TV support seems to have dried up faster than Barry Bonds’ Hall of Fame chances.
Read entire article here:The Final Year of Xbox 360 - IGN

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

72 comments for "The Final Year of Xbox 360"

12-29-2012, 11:51 PMaway - #2
r.burgundy 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$31,956 | POWERFUL
only thing i want is gears
 12-29-2012, 11:52 PMaway - #3
Jesszman 2187 heat pts2187

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL
Can't wait for that next-gen failure rate
 12-30-2012, 12:16 AMaway - #4
991 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$4,366 | 18802641
Originally Posted by Jesszman
Can't wait for that next-gen failure rate
Dude this is why u get dissed all the time. U seek attention.
 12-30-2012, 12:27 AMaway - #5
Nest 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$2,790 | POWERFUL
I cant wait for Splinter Cell.
 12-30-2012, 12:47 AMaway - #6
AyeDre 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$10,215 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 991
Dude this is why u get dissed all the time. U seek attention.
I thought it was because he's ugly?
 12-30-2012, 12:55 AMaway - #7

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AyeDre
I thought it was because he's ugly?
judging another man's looks
 12-30-2012, 12:56 AMaway - #8
AyeDre 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$10,215 | POWERFUL
I don't know about you but I'm comfortable with my heteros3xuality and know I'm not gay. So once again. You're an ugly #### of a human being.
 12-30-2012, 01:06 AMaway - #9
LakeHawks 101 heat pts101

d 
space
$12,992 | POWERFUL
Shieeet boy even Hesus knows your ugly
 12-30-2012, 01:29 AMaway - #10
Roo 50 246 heat pts246

d 
space
$21,407 | POWERFUL
so basically gta5.
 12-30-2012, 01:38 AMaway - #11
LaRy BLanco 463 heat pts463

d 
space
$36,734 | POWERFUL
State of Decay,Gears,Splintercell & GTA V

and maybe the cave
 12-30-2012, 01:47 AMaway - #12

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LAwLB15
State of Decay,Gears,Splintercell & GTA V

and maybe the cave
What are "Games I can play on my PS3" Alex?
 12-30-2012, 01:52 AMaway - #13

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AuthenticMade
It'll be less people playing them on your PS3, pass. And i'll gladly paypal you $1000 if you can put together one of your god awful videos of you playing Gears of War on a PS3.

I'll wait, Alex.
too bad he didn't mention gears in his post
 12-30-2012, 01:53 AMaway - #14
MOTTAFOOKAH 2 heat pts

d 
space
$9,168 | POWERFUL
Both my game consoles collecting dust.. if it wasnt for Hulu and Netflix.. neither one of them would get turned on.. been looking for a good RPG
 12-30-2012, 02:00 AMaway - #15

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MOTTAFOOKAH
Both my game consoles collecting dust.. if it wasnt for Hulu and Netflix.. neither one of them would get turned on.. been looking for a good RPG

drops at the end of next month. If you're into the Studio Ghibli movies (spirited away, howl's moving castle, princess mononoke, kiki's delivery service) you'll love this.
 12-30-2012, 02:16 AMaway - #16

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL

that's my cue to go to sleep. Didn't see Gears in there
 12-30-2012, 02:49 AMaway - #17
Soraci7 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$13,732 | POWERFUL
Just join another website man, its obvious you're place isn't here.

heartsovereasy wrote:

So I have been a playstaion faithful for like 15 years now and I am really concern about the vita current state . I was recently considering getting a vita but this list made me reconsider . There are a number of games that I want for the vita like persona 4 the golden, gravity rush and sound shapes but I am concern that third parties developers are going to go all gamecube on the vita and drop their support . I think that the vita is a great piece of tech but it really need a strong push next year . I feel that sony really need to do something to put these fears to rest .

These type of thread pop up so much, I think people are just trolling now like the first year of the PS3 on this forum (which had me leave this great community for years). Reality is one thing I and many others notice but to continously pop up NEW crappy threads of the Vita [failing], it's getting annoying. Seeing as I'm only the few that love my Vita, especially Playstation Plus which adds tons of value to the Vita AND PS3, I and many others are enjoying "Free" games I probably would have never bought but now wonder why I didn't and gain discounts on games that were in the same category. I love these threads of Doom and Gloom though in the FIRST YEAR OF THE DEVICES LIFE, the PS3 had the same thing and while this sounds redundant, it's doing just fine and actually near the 360's sales despite coming a year after it. Loved my PSP and love my Vita, bring on the hate, people's loss. Just sick of seeing BRAND NEW Threads of the same crap I saw the daybefore crying about "there's no games", "Vita is Failing", "I'm worried about my Vita purchase" - Wake the hell up! The Vita has tons of Games now, especially on PSN like Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (which I'm playing right now and it looks just as good as the PS3 one), plus more are coming down the pipe. People just need to get off the rag and stop being so picky with thier games. Try new things - I'm going to from now on. Gravity Rush is a game I was interested but not to the point of paying it at full price but PS+ gave it to me for "free" and now I wish had supported the dev, the game is fantastic! Sadly - people think there is no great games on the Vita and it's entirely thier problem as there is tons of games but are being too picky with the ones they play...
Go Home

Last edited by Soraci7; 12-30-2012 at 02:57 AM..
 12-30-2012, 03:12 AMonline - #18
T.O.N.Y. 2510 heat pts2510

d 
space
$49,860 | POWERFUL
u really are a ugly a$s ni##a
 12-30-2012, 07:22 AMaway - #19
DOM 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$7,517 | POWERFUL
how many of these games are actually legit exclusives? meaning the only way you can play them is own a 360
 12-30-2012, 07:27 AMaway - #20
HATEWILL! 39 heat pts39

d 
space
$18,282 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dun Language
u really are a ugly a$s ni##a
This fat #### rlly calling someone ugly.. How many strech marks u got

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Nov 22 - Newtown massacre shooter Adam Lanza indulged..
51 comments
Image inside  Nov 22 - How Many Homeless People Will Freeze To Deat..
51 comments
BOX Manny Pacquiao vs Chris Algieri[11-22-14][HBO-PPV]
644 comments
 NFL Aaron Rodgers Is On Another Level. Literally. (pro Foo...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 104 comments - by EGO
 Image(s) inside Janice Dickinson Submits A 1982 Photo Of Bill Cosby In...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 133 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Look At This Fine Lil Thang!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New reply 3 minutes ago - 76 comments - by tokinjohn
 Image(s) inside Snoop Dogg Clowns Bill Cosby Regarding Rape Controversy
New reply 5 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 NBA Barkleys Response To Cousins "he Can't Whoop My A...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 59 comments - by trill jackson
 Image(s) inside Which Kid Were You?
New reply 5 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Unattached
  Jay Z Won :wadedatass:
New reply 3 minutes ago - 87 comments - by sigNN
 NBA Can The Problem Actually Be Lebron?
New reply 7 minutes ago - 84 comments - by tygamann1

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,860 fans of BX | none new today 4,808 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.