Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

The 25 Most Disturbing Gaming Trends

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
82 viewing
Image inside charlamagne tha god exposed on twitter? (or shoppe..
82 comments
most viewed right now
75 viewing
Image inside Martin Lawrence Questions Our Smiley We Have Of Him!
154 comments

top in section
26 viewing
 NFL LeSean McCoy Reportedly Upset About Trade To Buffalo
top in sports
top in section
29 viewing
Image inside Galaxy S6 And S6 edge Hands-On: This Is The Nicest An..
top in tech

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Ľ Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 The 25 Most Disturbing Gaming Trends
topic by Just BizNis - 01-08-2013, 07:02 PM

Trends in video gaming come and go. Cool ones like developers taking chances on more story-driven games and the rise of eAthletes are amazing. But then, you have the not so cool trends like endless sequels and revampings, retail store specific downloadable content and ridiculously expensive pricing.

If you want to get specific, here are The 25 Most Disturbing Trends in Video Games that are making it a worse place for consumers every single day. We don't expect you to agree with them, but we had to call attention to the elephant in the room.

You're not going to agree with all of these, and we encourage discussion in the comments. If we missed anything that really grinds your gears, let us know below. It's time to vent!

The 25 Most Disturbing Trends in Video Games | Complex

The following 6 BX residents gave props to Just BizNis (Sent To 9,441 Subscribers)  beast1412 (01-08-2013) , Da Ill One (01-08-2013) , Deelo Deniroz (01-09-2013) , King Kusanagi (01-09-2013) , HEAT HOT TOPIC (Blog'd,RSS'd,Tweet'd and Facebook'd)  (01-09-2013) , Snipper (01-10-2013)

41 comments for "The 25 Most Disturbing Gaming Trends"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

01-08-2013, 07:04 PMaway - #2
Just BizNis 43 heat pts43 space
space
$8,321 | POWERFUL
Definitely a good read if you're a gamer.

Some of the issues don't really affect my personal gaming experience, but others hit some issues that I deal with right on the nose.

Thought some of you might enjoy the read as well.
 01-08-2013, 07:27 PMaway - #3
beast1412 38 heat pts38 space
space
$4,229 | POWERFUL
some good points here
 01-08-2013, 07:40 PMaway - #4
Krazie 96 heat pts96 space
space
$30,442 | POWERFUL
I agree with a lot of it, but some of them sound like they're written by butt-hurt people that frequent these forums.

Good article, though.
 01-08-2013, 07:42 PMonline - #5
walker2781 6 heat pts space
space
$1,817 | 10179435
Originally Posted by Se7en
25-22 are just dumb. Stopped reading after that.

Achievements are Trophies give games re-playability when normally they wouldn't

Co branded marketing once again is beneficial. People dont HAVE to buy it but have the choice. its optional.

This list is just stupid and probably wasn't even written by a gamer. The few good points it does make is dwarfed by the tons of stupid bi*chy ones
Yea I agree with you on that, achievements is a huge part of replay value and its never, like he claimed, distracted me from the story or point of the game.

I do think his biggest point was the whole Pre order bullsh*t that lots of people fall for. I dont pre order sh*t anymore, I learned my lesson long time ago. Dont run out a buy a game before any reviews come out, use the reviews to help u come to a logical decision on wether the game is gonna be worth ur hard earned cash....another good point he made about he Fanboys going crazy over reviews and sh*t, just take it as an opinion nothing less, nothing more.
 01-08-2013, 07:50 PMaway - #6
space
$8,321 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Se7en
25-22 are just dumb. Stopped reading after that.

Achievements are Trophies give games re-playability when normally they wouldn't

Co branded marketing once again is beneficial. People dont HAVE to buy it but have the choice. its optional.

This list is just stupid and probably wasn't even written by a gamer. The few good points it does make is dwarfed by the tons of stupid bi*chy ones
You read 4 points and gave up? Then just branded the other 21 points as "stupid" without even reading them?

You sounding like Spike Lee right now homie

I like acheivements too btw. Which is why I said some of them don't apply to me. But the season pass bullsh*t, the online pass, the exclusive dlc, xbox stupid ads when I pay 50 a yr for the service, all apply to me.

And it was definitely written by a gamer.

Last edited by Just BizNis; 01-08-2013 at 07:53 PM..
 01-08-2013, 08:05 PMaway - #7
D.IrIsH 30 heat pts30 space
space
$1,605 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ez the Don
You read 4 points and gave up? Then just branded the other 21 points as "stupid" without even reading them?

I like acheivements too btw. Which is why I said some of them don't apply to me. But the season pass bullsh*t, the online pass, the exclusive dlc, xbox stupid ads when I pay 50 a yr for the service, all apply to me.

Yup. He made some really good points, actually. Paying for online on Xbox is one of the major reasons I switched to PC.. I always thought to myself, "wtf am I actually paying for here?" And it's true, considering you already pay for the internet, game, online pass etc. it's criminal goudging at that point to ask gamers to once again pay just to play online on Xbox.. sh*t's ridiculous.
 01-08-2013, 08:09 PMaway - #8
Krazie 96 heat pts96 space
space
$30,442 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ez the Don

I don't mind small ads, and certainly don't mind season passes.. I'm all for DLC, and if you're going to play a game and buy all of it's DLC, why not buy a season pass?

Season passes are good things, IMO. It would be nice, however, if everyone detailed beforehand what each DLC would entail approximately.
 01-08-2013, 08:22 PMaway - #9
space
$8,321 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
I don't mind small ads, and certainly don't mind season passes.. I'm all for DLC, and if you're going to play a game and buy all of it's DLC, why not buy a season pass?

Season passes are good things, IMO. It would be nice, however, if everyone detailed beforehand what each DLC would entail approximately.
This is my only beef with the season pass.

I bought the BO2 season pass but have yet to receive anything. Not even news on the Elite site (last time I checked). They even took away a hardcore FFA game mode (yeah I'm mad about that). But I'm cool with season passes if they release info so that you know exactly what you're buying first
 01-08-2013, 10:03 PMaway - #10
KURUPTION!!! 493 heat pts493 space
space
$33,392 | POWERFUL
A good read. About 4 or 5 I agreed with. A lot of it sounded like bi*ching or they just didn't bother me enough to care.
 01-08-2013, 10:06 PMaway - #11
Roo 50 289 heat pts289 space
space
$22,630 | POWERFUL
word the fu*k up on numbers 4, 5, 11, and 12.
 01-09-2013, 08:14 PMaway - #12
Sleazy 2 heat pts space
space
$2,452 | 9838996
I fu*king hate the way Complex creates lists.
 01-09-2013, 08:36 PMaway - #13
jack_napier  space
space
$3,458 | 7666438
That list was motherfu*king legit.
 01-09-2013, 10:19 PMaway - #14
Kontrast0 37 heat pts37 space
space
$23,477 | POWERFUL
How is he going to want less cinematics and more interactive gameplay story tellong and he didnt like RE6?
 01-09-2013, 11:14 PMaway - #15
King Kusanagi 31 heat pts31 space
space
$8,110 | POWERFUL
I co-sign this list Especially #4 & #5. fu*king highway robbery
 01-09-2013, 11:21 PMonline - #16
TiestoFriendly 5 heat pts space
space
$13,318 | POWERFUL
I also hate pre-ordering. It's fu*king dumb. I went to Gamestop once for a game on release day and the Gamestop in my town fu*king sucks. they was like ''did you pre-order?'' and i was like ''no'' and they were like ''then i can't sell you the game'' shouldn't you fu*kers order extra copies for people who don't wanna preorder? what kind of stupid sh*t is that? ain't you tryna make money out here?

but i went to another gamestop and they sold me a copy just fine.

this is why i buy videogames from best buy or amazon fu*k pre-ordering. it's that not serious.
 01-09-2013, 11:40 PMaway - #17
Silver N Black 15 heat pts15 space
space
$26,034 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sleazy
I fu*king hate the way Complex creates lists.
it's the new internet model, the more clicks the site gets the more they can charge for advertising. so instead of putting 10 items on 1 page they make you click 25 fu*king sh*ts
 01-10-2013, 02:47 AMaway - #18
IGOTSHITTZ 1 heat pts space
space
$9,846 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TiestoFriendly
this is why i buy videogames from best buy or amazon fu*k pre-ordering. it's that not serious.
This. I pre-order on Amazon. They don't charge until it ships, can cancel any time and has release day delivery.

fu*k a Gamestop. Haven't gone there since I picked up my 360 pre order. I just hate the people that work there... Always on some stupid sh*t. Can't even buy a game without them trying to get you to pre order every game coming out in the next couple months. I've had them give me that can't sell cause you didn't pre-order bullsh*t, too. Then this other time, I think for f!ght Night 1, I came to pick up when I had it on pre order and they tellin me they don't have it yet since the mail didn't come in... I don't need all this bullsh*t, just wanna play some games.

Oh, and I agree with most points on this list. Specially the pre-order/retailer exclusives.
 01-10-2013, 03:50 AMaway - #19
space
$8,321 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Legit1
the only thing that bothers me truly is the on disk dlc bs, season passes, online passes, and the pc online only agreement

the last 2 are criminal, online passes are essentially gonna k!ll used game sales completely and force everyone to pay r*pe prices, you can even play the same game in another room online or let a friend borrow it that some bs man, it's gonna get to a point where people ain't gonna wanna play videogames period and deal with this s*** cause I know I'm on edge already

And that have to be logged on s*** that's that next level under the magnifying glass s***, I pay 50+ for a game but I gotta play with your consent gtfo with that bs, that would make me wanna pirate harder on PC f*** these companies

In an age of "DLC" these fu*kers want to nickle an dime selling incomplete a** games they lucky if I buy 2 games a year, that's my limit
I'm almost there too fam. The online pas sh*t is ridiculous beyond belief. I'm pretty much forced to buy UFC games out the box, otherwise I don't get to whoop on people online.

And like you said, you can't even borrow the homie's game and play online.

I'ts a damn travesty.

Originally Posted by IGOTsh*tTZ
This. I pre-order on Amazon. They don't charge until it ships, can cancel any time and has release day delivery.

fu*k a Gamestop. Haven't gone there since I picked up my 360 pre order. I just hate the people that work there... Always on some stupid sh*t. Can't even buy a game without them trying to get you to pre order every game coming out in the next couple months. I've had them give me that can't sell cause you didn't pre-order bullsh*t, too. Then this other time, I think for f!ght Night 1, I came to pick up when I had it on pre order and they tellin me they don't have it yet since the mail didn't come in... I don't need all this bullsh*t, just wanna play some games.

Oh, and I agree with most points on this list. Specially the pre-order/retailer exclusives.
I must be lucky, cause the people at the gamestop down the way are super nice and really helpful. It's actually the only reason why I don't buy on amazon.

I have a question though: If you preorder on amazon, do you get the preorder only content? (which is another big a.ss problem. Like paying 60 bones isn't good enough to get all the content, you gotta pay up front)
 01-10-2013, 07:06 AMaway - #20
celphtitled 2 heat pts space
space
$1,852 | 18180353

someone needs to make this into a smiley

Home > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
44 viewing
MMA You gonna learn today - Ronda Rousey Breaks Manís Ribs..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
35 viewing
Image inside Well damn Drake new girl  
108 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
34 viewing
Video inside Cardi B   
93 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
28 viewing
NFL Adrian Peterson Lists His Top 5 Preferred Destinations
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Tommy Sotomayor Threatens To Kill Cory Holcomb And Crew If..
114 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Video inside Got Her Ass  
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Video inside G-Unit at The Breakfast Club: Beast is G-Unit, New ..
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Video inside Noisey Atlanta - Rich Gang: Sometimes You Win, Some..
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
NFL EDP nearly commits that over Shady Mccoy Trade.
38 comments
@sports

contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   mobile   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time.