This is BX @ Boxden.com

The 25 Most Disturbing Gaming Trends

The 25 Most Disturbing Gaming Trends
topic by Just BizNis - 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

Trends in video gaming come and go. Cool ones like developers taking chances on more story-driven games and the rise of eAthletes are amazing. But then, you have the not so cool trends like endless sequels and revampings, retail store specific downloadable content and ridiculously expensive pricing.

If you want to get specific, here are The 25 Most Disturbing Trends in Video Games that are making it a worse place for consumers every single day. We don't expect you to agree with them, but we had to call attention to the elephant in the room.

You're not going to agree with all of these, and we encourage discussion in the comments. If we missed anything that really grinds your gears, let us know below. It's time to vent!

The 25 Most Disturbing Trends in Video Games | Complex

Latest Games Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

41 comments for "The 25 Most Disturbing Gaming Trends"

01-08-2013, 06:04 PMaway - #2
Just BizNis 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$5,880 | POWERFUL
Definitely a good read if you're a gamer.

Some of the issues don't really affect my personal gaming experience, but others hit some issues that I deal with right on the nose.

Thought some of you might enjoy the read as well.
 01-08-2013, 06:27 PMonline - #3
beast1412 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$4,116 | POWERFUL
some good points here
 01-08-2013, 06:40 PMaway - #4
Krazie 93 heat pts93

d 
space
$26,837 | POWERFUL
I agree with a lot of it, but some of them sound like they're written by butt-hurt people that frequent these forums.

Good article, though.
 01-08-2013, 06:42 PMaway - #5
walker2781 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,764 | 9952340
Originally Posted by Se7en
25-22 are just dumb. Stopped reading after that.

Achievements are Trophies give games re-playability when normally they wouldn't

Co branded marketing once again is beneficial. People dont HAVE to buy it but have the choice. its optional.

This list is just stupid and probably wasn't even written by a gamer. The few good points it does make is dwarfed by the tons of stupid ####y ones
Yea I agree with you on that, achievements is a huge part of replay value and its never, like he claimed, distracted me from the story or point of the game.

I do think his biggest point was the whole Pre order bull#### that lots of people fall for. I dont pre order #### anymore, I learned my lesson long time ago. Dont run out a buy a game before any reviews come out, use the reviews to help u come to a logical decision on wether the game is gonna be worth ur hard earned cash....another good point he made about he Fanboys going crazy over reviews and ####, just take it as an opinion nothing less, nothing more.
 01-08-2013, 06:50 PMaway - #6

d 
space
$5,880 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Se7en
25-22 are just dumb. Stopped reading after that.

Achievements are Trophies give games re-playability when normally they wouldn't

Co branded marketing once again is beneficial. People dont HAVE to buy it but have the choice. its optional.

This list is just stupid and probably wasn't even written by a gamer. The few good points it does make is dwarfed by the tons of stupid ####y ones
You read 4 points and gave up? Then just branded the other 21 points as "stupid" without even reading them?

You sounding like Spike Lee right now homie

I like acheivements too btw. Which is why I said some of them don't apply to me. But the season pass bull####, the online pass, the exclusive dlc, xbox stupid ads when I pay 50 a yr for the service, all apply to me.

And it was definitely written by a gamer.

Last edited by Just BizNis; 01-08-2013 at 06:53 PM..
 01-08-2013, 07:05 PMaway - #7
D.IrIsH 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$1,501 | 20784717
Originally Posted by Ez the Don
You read 4 points and gave up? Then just branded the other 21 points as "stupid" without even reading them?

I like acheivements too btw. Which is why I said some of them don't apply to me. But the season pass bull####, the online pass, the exclusive dlc, xbox stupid ads when I pay 50 a yr for the service, all apply to me.

Yup. He made some really good points, actually. Paying for online on Xbox is one of the major reasons I switched to PC.. I always thought to myself, "wtf am I actually paying for here?" And it's true, considering you already pay for the internet, game, online pass etc. it's criminal goudging at that point to ask gamers to once again pay just to play online on Xbox.. ####'s ridiculous.
 01-08-2013, 07:09 PMaway - #8
Krazie 93 heat pts93

d 
space
$26,837 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ez the Don

I don't mind small ads, and certainly don't mind season passes.. I'm all for DLC, and if you're going to play a game and buy all of it's DLC, why not buy a season pass?

Season passes are good things, IMO. It would be nice, however, if everyone detailed beforehand what each DLC would entail approximately.
 01-08-2013, 07:22 PMaway - #9

d 
space
$5,880 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
I don't mind small ads, and certainly don't mind season passes.. I'm all for DLC, and if you're going to play a game and buy all of it's DLC, why not buy a season pass?

Season passes are good things, IMO. It would be nice, however, if everyone detailed beforehand what each DLC would entail approximately.
This is my only beef with the season pass.

I bought the BO2 season pass but have yet to receive anything. Not even news on the Elite site (last time I checked). They even took away a hardcore FFA game mode (yeah I'm mad about that). But I'm cool with season passes if they release info so that you know exactly what you're buying first
 01-08-2013, 09:03 PMaway - #10
KURUPTION!!! 478 heat pts478

d 
space
$32,995 | POWERFUL
A good read. About 4 or 5 I agreed with. A lot of it sounded like ####ing or they just didn't bother me enough to care.
 01-08-2013, 09:06 PMaway - #11
Young_ 244 heat pts244

d 
space
$21,127 | POWERFUL
word the #### up on numbers 4, 5, 11, and 12.
 01-09-2013, 07:14 PMaway - #12
Sleazy 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,439 | 9733993
I ####ing hate the way Complex creates lists.
 01-09-2013, 07:36 PMaway - #13
jack_napier 

d 
space
$3,373 | 7351419
That list was mother####ing legit.
 01-09-2013, 09:19 PMonline - #14
Kontrast0 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$22,694 | POWERFUL
How is he going to want less cinematics and more interactive gameplay story tellong and he didnt like RE6?
 01-09-2013, 10:14 PMaway - #15
King Kusanagi 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$8,002 | POWERFUL
I co-sign this list Especially #4 & #5. ####ing highway robbery
 01-09-2013, 10:21 PMaway - #16
TiestoFriendly 5 heat pts

d 
space
$11,481 | POWERFUL
I also hate pre-ordering. It's ####ing dumb. I went to Gamestop once for a game on release day and the Gamestop in my town ####ing sucks. they was like ''did you pre-order?'' and i was like ''no'' and they were like ''then i can't sell you the game'' shouldn't you ####ers order extra copies for people who don't wanna preorder? what kind of stupid #### is that? ain't you tryna make money out here?

but i went to another gamestop and they sold me a copy just fine.

this is why i buy videogames from best buy or amazon #### pre-ordering. it's that not serious.
 01-09-2013, 10:40 PMaway - #17
.amberlamps. 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$25,206 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sleazy
I ####ing hate the way Complex creates lists.
it's the new internet model, the more clicks the site gets the more they can charge for advertising. so instead of putting 10 items on 1 page they make you click 25 ####ing ####s
 01-10-2013, 01:47 AMonline - #18
IGOTSHITTZ 

d 
space
$9,087 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TiestoFriendly
this is why i buy videogames from best buy or amazon #### pre-ordering. it's that not serious.
This. I pre-order on Amazon. They don't charge until it ships, can cancel any time and has release day delivery.

#### a Gamestop. Haven't gone there since I picked up my 360 pre order. I just hate the people that work there... Always on some stupid ####. Can't even buy a game without them trying to get you to pre order every game coming out in the next couple months. I've had them give me that can't sell cause you didn't pre-order bull####, too. Then this other time, I think for f!ght Night 1, I came to pick up when I had it on pre order and they tellin me they don't have it yet since the mail didn't come in... I don't need all this bull####, just wanna play some games.

Oh, and I agree with most points on this list. Specially the pre-order/retailer exclusives.
 01-10-2013, 02:50 AMaway - #19

d 
space
$5,880 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Legit1
the only thing that bothers me truly is the on disk dlc bs, season passes, online passes, and the pc online only agreement

the last 2 are criminal, online passes are essentially gonna k!ll used game sales completely and force everyone to payr### prices, you can even play the same game in another room online or let a friend borrow it that some bs man, it's gonna get to a point where people ain't gonna wanna play videogames period and deal with this s*** cause I know I'm on edge already

And that have to be logged on s*** that's that next level under the magnifying glass s***, I pay 50+ for a game but I gotta play with your consent gtfo with that bs, that would make me wanna pirate harder on PC f*** these companies

In an age of "DLC" these ####ers want to nickle an dime selling incomplete a** games they lucky if I buy 2 games a year, that's my limit
I'm almost there too fam. The online pas #### is ridiculous beyond belief. I'm pretty much forced to buy UFC games out the box, otherwise I don't get to whoop on people online.

And like you said, you can't even borrow the homie's game and play online.

I'ts a damn travesty.

Originally Posted by IGOT####TZ
This. I pre-order on Amazon. They don't charge until it ships, can cancel any time and has release day delivery.

#### a Gamestop. Haven't gone there since I picked up my 360 pre order. I just hate the people that work there... Always on some stupid ####. Can't even buy a game without them trying to get you to pre order every game coming out in the next couple months. I've had them give me that can't sell cause you didn't pre-order bull####, too. Then this other time, I think for f!ght Night 1, I came to pick up when I had it on pre order and they tellin me they don't have it yet since the mail didn't come in... I don't need all this bull####, just wanna play some games.

Oh, and I agree with most points on this list. Specially the pre-order/retailer exclusives.
I must be lucky, cause the people at the gamestop down the way are super nice and really helpful. It's actually the only reason why I don't buy on amazon.

I have a question though: If you preorder on amazon, do you get the preorder only content? (which is another big a$s problem. Like paying 60 bones isn't good enough to get all the content, you gotta pay up front)
 01-10-2013, 06:06 AMaway - #20
celphtitled 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,845 | 18075349

someone needs to make this into a smiley

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Wii U - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U >>>>
61 comments
NBA According to Bleacher Report: Steve Nash will miss entir..
50 comments
NBA 2013 Superteam Lakers the worst manufactured Superteam i..
61 comments
 Image(s) inside Jaime Fox's Hairline Has A Taper Implant
New reply 4 seconds ago - 107 comments - by foshomoney
 NBA Espn Nba Insiders: Harden, Howard Among Most Overrated...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 54 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
 NBA Kendrick Lamar, Kevin Hart Highlight Cleveland Cavalie...
New reply 29 seconds ago - 113 comments - by metatr0n
 NBA Breaking News: Steve Nash Out For Season
New reply 8 minutes ago - 131 comments - by theFREAK
 NBA Espn First Take: Nash Or Iverson: Who's The Better Pla...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 114 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Image(s) inside Drake Fires Back At Tyga
New reply 8 minutes ago - 119 comments - by Frankybaby
 Image(s) inside Daaaaamn My Nigga French Montana Back
New reply 5 minutes ago - 88 comments - by SHADOW
  What's The Most Polarizing Film You've Watched?
New reply 9 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Agentzer0oo0

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,796 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.