This is BX @ Boxden.com

Start Your Morning With Wake-up Club For PS Vita Next Week

Start Your Morning With Wake-up Club For PS Vita Next Week
topic by Da Ill One - 01-10-2013, 02:30 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

Back in April, we unveiled a host of new applications coming to PS Vita, including Wake-up Club, a new interactive way to start your day with other PS Vita owners. Next Tuesday, the application will be available to download for free on the PS Vita PlayStation Store in North America!

Let’s face it: getting up in the morning isn’t something we usually look forward to, but Wake-up Club adds some social fun into the mix to make getting out of bed more bearable. In addition to adding alarm clock functionality to PS Vita for the first time, including the ability to personalize your alarm tone and background theme, Wake-up Club matches 12 randomly selected players who set their alarm clock at the same time into a—you guessed it—wake-up club!

As soon as your alarm goes off, your avatar will begin bouncing around the PS Vita touchscreen. Tapping your avatar lets other players know you’re now awake. Once in the virtual club room, you can see other players’ avatars, as well as who’s awake and who’s still sleeping. Tapping the sleeping players’ avatars will “cheer” them on. If you happen to keep snoozing though, you’ll notice that the rest of the Wake-up Club players will begin appearing on your screen. Swipe them away and tap your avatar to join the rest of the group.

Additionally, you can send friend requests and find out more information about each player by tapping their avatar. Make sure to check out your club records to see how many times you’ve managed to wake up within five minutes, how many consecutive successes you’ve managed, and the average time it takes you to wake up.

To get set up with Wake-up Club, access your PS Vita system’s Settings menu, choose Date & Time, then Date & Time Settings. Ensure that Set Automatically is ticked. Then you’re good to go! Be sure to check out Wake-up Club when it launches on the PS Vita PlayStation Store next Tuesday, January 15th. Happy snoozing!

Source

> Start Your Morning With Wake-up Club For PS Vita Next Week - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Start Your Morning With Wake-up Club For PS Vita Next Week - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Start Your Morning With Wake-up Club For PS Vita Next Week - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Start Your Morning With Wake-up Club For PS Vita Next Week - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below! Wow yeah this will save Vita and move units...

Latest Games Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

42 comments for "Start Your Morning With Wake-up Club For PS Vita Next Week"

01-10-2013, 02:33 PMaway - #2
HiRolliN 102 heat pts102

d 
space
$14,754 | POWERFUL
the vita is now an alarm clock lol Sony finally found a way for vita owners to get daily usage out of the device.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 01-10-2013 at 03:08 PM..
 01-10-2013, 02:46 PMaway - #3
Jesszman 2160 heat pts2160

d 
space
$29,253 | POWERFUL
finally!
 01-10-2013, 02:53 PMaway - #4
EGO 50 heat pts50

d 
space
$29,330 | POWERFUL
Dear god. Just so much fail.
 01-10-2013, 03:08 PMaway - #5

d 
space
$29,253 | POWERFUL
DIO, your source doesn't work.
 01-10-2013, 03:12 PMaway - #6
Da Ill One|M 3530 heat pts3530

d 
space
$39,237 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
DIO, your source doesn't work.
So google it
 01-10-2013, 03:15 PMaway - #7
esneffoelgnairt 60 heat pts60

d 
space
$1,994 | POWERFUL
im almost speechless at this point. I love the vita and some of its games but it gets harder and harder to justify owning one
 01-10-2013, 03:19 PMaway - #8

d 
space
$39,237 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by HiRolliN
the vita is now an alarm clock lol Sony finally found a way for vita owners to get daily usage out of the device.
Sony always said they want it to be used everyday...I guess they figured out how to make that happen for some people lol
 01-10-2013, 03:20 PMaway - #9

d 
space
$29,253 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
So google it
Wouldn't have to if you knew how to do your job

Originally Posted by esneffoelgnairt
im almost speechless at this point. I love the vita and some of its games but it gets harder and harder to justify owning one
It's an alarm clock app. Why's everybody acting like it's the end of the world?
 01-10-2013, 03:23 PMaway - #10

d 
space
$29,253 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AuthenticMade
I think you're really just salty you don't have his job
Hell yeah I am. I'd love being a mod who doesn't do anything to mod this section
 01-10-2013, 03:27 PMaway - #11

d 
space
$1,994 | POWERFUL
Wouldn't have to if you knew how to do your job

It's an alarm clock app. Why's everybody acting like it's the end of the world?

noone is acting like its the end of the world but as a vita owner I DONT GIVE A #### ABOUT AN ALARM CLOCK THAT I PAID $250 + FOR. Make games not fukin retarted apps
 01-10-2013, 03:30 PMaway - #12

d 
space
$29,253 | POWERFUL

noone is acting like its the end of the world but as a vita owner I DONT GIVE A #### ABOUT AN ALARM CLOCK THAT I PAID $250 + FOR. Make games not fukin retarted apps
So then don't post in the thread? Ya'll are making a huge deal outta something you don't care about.
 01-10-2013, 03:34 PMaway - #13

d 
space
$39,237 | POWERFUL
So then don't post in the thread? Ya'll are making a huge deal outta something you don't care about.
But we do care...we care about gaming, and even though most of us think the Vita is a waste of money, we don't want to see Sony fail because if they do then MS will destroy Nintendo if it's just them two...which means Gaming will be ran by MS and we DO NOT want that...no way in hell...so we do care...this isn't going to help Vita sell which could help Sony...
 01-10-2013, 03:36 PMaway - #14

d 
space
$29,253 | POWERFUL
But we do care...we care about gaming, and even though most of us think the Vita is a waste of money, we don't want to see Sony fail because if they do then MS will destroy Nintendo if it's just them two...which means Gaming will be ran by MS and we DO NOT want that...no way in hell...so we do care...this isn't going to help Vita sell which could help Sony...
but it's not supposed to help sell the vita. it's an application.
 01-10-2013, 03:37 PMaway - #15
HiRolliN 102 heat pts102

d 
space
$14,754 | POWERFUL
for real.

and also who ever green lighted sony resources to be used on this app needs to be taken out back and shot.

#### everything has an alarm clock Tv's, smart phones ect...... its not needed and most likely will be used once then never again.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 01-10-2013 at 03:40 PM..
 01-10-2013, 03:38 PMaway - #16

d 
space
$29,253 | POWERFUL
trophies, son.
 01-10-2013, 04:09 PMaway - #17

d 
space
$1,994 | POWERFUL
you should take your own advice and know when to not post. you dont actually game and you barely contribute here (having 18,00000000 post does not mean you contribute), all you do is trollolololol all day and I do mean ALLL day. I made a quick statement which you then (as you always fuking do) replied to within seconds. you could have left that alone and let my further disapointment with sony and the direction they are taking with this amazing hardware be what it was.
 01-10-2013, 04:36 PMaway - #18

d 
space
$1,994 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AuthenticMade
What if you made a slow statement
it

would

be

more

this.

see

how

long

this

took

to

read
 01-10-2013, 04:44 PMaway - #19

d 
space
$29,253 | POWERFUL
you should take your own advice and know when to not post. you dont actually game and you barely contribute here (having 18,00000000 post does not mean you contribute), all you do is trollolololol all day and I do mean ALLL day. I made a quick statement which you then (as you always fuking do) replied to within seconds. you could have left that alone and let my further disapointment with sony and the direction they are taking with this amazing hardware be what it was.
I don't actually game
 01-10-2013, 05:50 PMaway - #20
fatboi1 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,276 | 12710372
Call me delusional but some of you guys who claim you feel as though it's hard to justify owning a Vita should've waited or done research on what you were buying.

I find it baffling that some of you complain about a lack of games when that's clearly NOT the case IN MY OPINION.

Be aware that this sentiment is subjective at nature and so will yours be too. Replying with "THAT'S NOT A SYSTEM SELLER", "THAT GAME IS SHYTTY!!" is your prerogative. It is not a "fact" that the Vita has no "good games" or "amazing games" because that is again subjective.

Anyway I've been immensely satisfied with my Vita for the longest. I've never felt like I wasted money on my Vita because I went in knowing what I was going to get and I got it. I went in expecting to play Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Playstation All Stars, and some PSP games and that's what I got. I play All Stars almost daily in short increments at work and sometimes for a while at home online with my friends. I beat Uncharted and Gravity Rush and felt like they were great games.

LBP Vita came out and it was a nice addition and I always feel like I can jump into it at a later time and enjoy new fresh content. I bought a few PSP games such as Persona 3 Portable, Dissidia 012, Powerstone and I also have a vast library of PS1 games and PSP games. That to me is just icing on the cake. Next month Sly Cooper 4 is coming out and for $40 I get the Vita version free with the PS3 version. That's a steal imo as other games come out for $60 a pop with no alternate version.

People getting angry and frustrated over games that they want but don't see are seriously impatient. If we go back in time, the same was said for PS3 since it "had no gamezuh!" and was lacking in features and fast forward today it's shipped 77 million worldwide and has a robust libary of exclusives which I think are better, fresh and unique compared to the standard me-too approach seen in games today(Last of Us, Heavy Rain, LBP, Infamous, Ratchet and Clank) etc.

If you feel as though your Vita isn't satisfying you then sell it. Why keep something you don't use or feel as though is a waste of money? Lots of complaining for no reason. Games are coming just wait it out.

Am I saying the Vita is perfect and I think Sony shouldn't work more on ameliorating it at the moment? Absolutely not. I think the back screen was a waste and it's proprietary memory cards and pricing is ridiculous. Point is pricing of the memory cards can be lowered and I think they are doing a great job with PS+ as my friend is buying a Vita and now she can get Uncharted and Gravity Rush on her Vita without having to buy them retail so I see that as a good thing.

Last edited by fatboi1; 01-10-2013 at 05:53 PM..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Norris Cole New Jump-Off
79 comments
The Sopranos Ending 7 years later
52 comments
Image inside  A New NBA Live Screenshot
67 comments
 Image(s) inside Suge Knight Was Shot To Stop Release Of His Tell All B...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Chiwire Season 7?: Opps Shot At Bosstop 16 Times
New reply 28 minutes ago - 103 comments - by NoLastName
 NFL So Which Team Is Gonna Sign Aaron Hernandez When He Ge...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 64 comments - by Stackz
 NFL Nfl Giving Lifetime Ban For 2nd Domestic Violence Offe...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 136 comments - by prettyklever
 NFL Mike Vick Feels A Type Of Way
New reply 7 minutes ago - 59 comments - by tredub
 NCAAF Breaking : Usc Db Shaw Admitted To Lying About Ankle I...
New reply 36 minutes ago - 91 comments - by drama_kiNg
 Article inside Joe Budden Tweeting From Jail. :deadpg:
New reply 11 minutes ago - 85 comments - by Yung Dilla
 Video inside Charlamagne "snoop Is An Icon. Everyone Knows Sno...
New reply 36 minutes ago - 88 comments - by yo0123yo

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.