Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Sony: PS4 is the most powerful gaming device ever conceived big PS4 announcements coming at Gamescom

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
72 viewing
 Dame Dash Buys KarmaLoop for $7 Million Dollars
14 comments
most viewed right now
58 viewing
NBA Golden State Warriors Diss James Harden On Twitter
79 comments

top in section
24 viewing
May 23 - Adult dating site hacked
top in news
top in section
13 viewing
Image inside Robert DeNiro Keeps It All The Way Real With NYU Graduates
top in movies

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Sony: PS4 is the most powerful gaming device ever conceived big PS4 announcements coming at Gamescom
Unread 2 years agoclass of '13 - on now - #1
6605 pageviews
129 comments

CrunchTime CDN 368 heat pts368 space
space
$7,536 | POWERFUL

More big PlayStation 4 announcements coming at Gamescom

The PlayStation 4 made its debut on UK soil this week, with Sony's retail partners and key press invited to a location in London to see the new console in action and play the new games.

At the event we caught up with Fergal Gara, VP and managing director at Sony Computer Entertainment UK and Ireland.
We asked Gara if it was true that Sony had changed its plan to bundle the PlayStation Camera in order to undercut the cost of the Xbox One. IGN reported that was the case last month, citing multiple sources. But Gara denied this, saying the PS4 price was in place long before the Xbox One cost was revealed.
"It can't be true because we couldn't possibly have known what the Xbox was going to cost," he said.

"What I'll say is, lots of ideas were considered you know, lots of different combinations and of course price was I think fairly clear from a very long time out but you know everything about PS4 is about giving gamers choice. So if you don't want a camera you don't have to have a camera. If you want to trade in games, you can trade in games. So there's been nothing in the whole proposition that is overly restrictive and I think the reaction has proved that people value that."

Gara reiterated that Sony's main goal with the PS4 was to deliver the most powerful console at a price that gamers consider to be acceptable, underlining its perceived status as the next-gen games console designed exclusively for gamers.
"The thing I'm most pleased about is the entire design principles about the PS4 are being focused around the gamer first. So how can we create a platform that's great to develop for and easy to develop for, because that unleashes the creatives and if they can create the best experiences that's going to lead to satisfaction for gamers.

Shipping without a camera, the PS4 is plenty cheaper than the Xbox One
"But secondly to design a piece of technology like that it's very easy to deliver one or the other, in particular I'm talking about the price and the performance trade off. It's very hard to deliver both and for me the balance that's been delivered across those two is outstanding. So it's great to be going to market with what we believe is the most powerful gaming device ever conceived and certainly ever developed and at a price that feels very acceptable, certainly based on the pre-order volumes that we're seeing."
Gara also highlighted the PS4's 8GB of super-fast GDDR5 memory as a key spec where the PS4 has a strong advantage over the Xbox One.

"We have the most uncompromised memory spec that we could pretty well dream up and if you talk to developers, if you talk to first party, third party developers, you'll see that that opens up the possibilities for them and it's about as high spec as they could have ever imagined, 8GB gives them huge headroom to continue developing fantastic games."
We asked whether Microsoft's decision to backtrack on its controversial policies regarding DRM, used games and online check-in had been a disappointment to Sony, given the tremendous amount of negative energy in the gaming word surrounding those features.
"Look here's a phrase for you that someone I worked for once gave me which is, 'if you do things first you do it for your customer, if you do it second you do it for yourself'. What I'm most pleased with is that we've had an agenda for a long time now and all we've done is stick to our agenda. So it is tremendously rewarding that your agenda appeals to the people we most want to appeal to and that we don't have to change, we just keep focused, we keep going the way we were going for many many months and years now, certainly as we've clarified details we've changed not a thing."

In our view the DualShock 4 pad is a big step forward

It seems logical that while the PlayStation 4 will launch for 349/$399 without the camera, that doesn't preclude Sony and retailers putting together bundles that includes other items such as the Camera or PS Vita for a higher price. Gara didn't confirm any specific bundles but did indicate they are on the way.

"We're talking to retail about bundles but of course we don't need to formally create bundles so they're in the one box necessarily, the way UK retail is it's quite flexible really so we can create soft bundles as we call them. But it's great to see that the retailers are hungry for these kind of conversations, they're seeing the potential. They want to talk to us and the PS4 and Vita devices put together is not a huge amount more than the PlayStation 3 was when we launched that."

Word from retailers thus far has been that the PS4 is well ahead on pre-orders, and Gara confirmed he was hearing the same information.
"Based on feedback yes [we are ahead on pre-orders]. But what we say as a team is that we've had a good few weeks but we're in for the long game. So lets be satisfied but lets keep our heads down, keep focused and realise that it's a long game so success is not realised way before launch. It's a good start but there's much much much more to go."
To end the interview, we asked Gara what pledges he could make to gamers that the PS4 would remain the console to have in the long term.

"I think the last 20 years shows that we're in it for the long haul! There's more to be revealed around services and what else is going to come with the package you know, when it launches and what more can people expect so we'll go into more detail about that probably around about Gamescom time so we won't go into that today but take it from me, we designed the machine for the long haul."
We went hands-on with the PS4 at London's PlayStation Summer showcase on July 4th. See how we got on:

Sony: PS4 is the most powerful gaming device ever conceived | News | TechRadar

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!

They are going to call me HDBeatz again image
8 peeps gave props to CrunchTime CDN Baynut (07-06-2013) , Capimp (07-05-2013) , KnicksLost (07-06-2013) , Laharl (07-06-2013) , link04 (07-05-2013) , hot topic  (07-05-2013) , ShintaX (07-05-2013) , Tha Problum (07-05-2013)

129 comments for "Sony: PS4 is the most powerful gaming device ever conceived big PS4 announcements coming at Gamescom"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #2
ShintaX 81 heat pts81 space
space
$1,427 | POWERFUL

Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #3
moe4484 3 heat pts space
space
$6,756 | POWERFUL
Wait so SONY said the PS4 is the most powerful gaming device ever conceived? This changes everything since this is obviously coming from a company that has no bias as far as video game consoles Im gonna jump ship to the PS4!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - on now - #4
link04 44 heat pts44 space
space
$6,623 | POWERFUL
my nicca just popped a bottle with the dual shock 4

Unread 2 years agoclass of '13 - on now - #5
CrunchTime CDN 368 heat pts368 space
space
$7,536 | POWERFUL
link04 said:
my nicca just popped a bottle with the dual shock 4

That sh*t Cray!

Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #6
Greece 7 heat pts space
I'm the Master
space
$3,771 | 13270763
Why wouldn't it be though...like why would a company not make it's nextgen device more powerful than the last?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #7
King Jackson 71 heat pts71 space
XBL - Im King Jackson
space
$4,483 | POWERFUL
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #8
KRCROOKSNY 28 heat pts28 space
Cold rockin' it..
space
$5,271 | POWERFUL
I literally laugh and wonder what u muthafukkas look like when i see these threads.

As I wonder what kinda faces could be behind such pathetic antics..
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #9
OG Killa 152 heat pts152 space
You A bi*ch
space
$15,220 | POWERFUL
KRCROOKSNY said:
I literally laugh and wonder what u muthafukkas look like when i see these threads.

As I wonder what kinda faces could be behind such pathetic antics..

Unread 2 years agoclass of '13 - away - #10
Tetsuo Season 180 heat pts180 space
God Member
space
$8,872 | POWERFUL
CrunchTime CDN said:
That sh*t Cray!

That gif is awesome.... aaaand useless, because they cut the camera to get a better price.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #11
ChevyBrah 208 heat pts208 space
Nerd Life
space
$13,557 | POWERFUL
HDBeatz
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #12
moe4484 3 heat pts space
space
$6,756 | POWERFUL
Ctrllers said:
That gif is awesome.... aaaand useless, because they cut the camera to get a better price.
Plus alot of the cats thats getting the PS dont want to "move around and sh*t" they just wanna chill while they play their games so really that sh*t is useless
Unread 2 years agoclass of '13 - away - #13
Tetsuo Season 180 heat pts180 space
God Member
space
$8,872 | POWERFUL
Mr I 95 said:
yea if there was only some way you could go to a store and buy the camera
That everyone here claims to not want, but still gif.

RP12 said:
and still be 40 less than the competition
before purchasing a pay to play online requirement.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #14
coolio 57 heat pts57 space
space
$18,376 | POWERFUL

Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #15
Jesszman 2201 heat pts2201 space
space
$29,814 | POWERFUL
moe4484 said:
Plus alot of the cats thats getting the PS dont want to "move around and sh*t" they just wanna chill while they play their games so really that sh*t is useless
wanted to sign in with my controller
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #16
sm00vb0iiw0nder 6 heat pts space
space
$21,068 | POWERFUL

"Look here's a phrase for you that someone I worked for once gave me which is, 'if you do things first you do it for your customer, if you do it second you do it for yourself'. What I'm most pleased with is that we've had an agenda for a long time now and all we've done is stick to our agenda. So it is tremendously rewarding that your agenda appeals to the people we most want to appeal to and that we don't have to change, we just keep focused, we keep going the way we were going for many many months and years now, certainly as we've clarified details we've changed not a thing."

Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #17
sigNN 11 heat pts11 space
PSN: siGNN XB: siGNN19
space
$4,304 | POWERFUL
sm00vb0iiw0nder said:

Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #18
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11 space
Legend By Blood
space
$5,512 | POWERFUL
Ctrllers said:

You need online to use the eye?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #19
Jesszman 2201 heat pts2201 space
space
$29,814 | POWERFUL
Ctrllers said:

That's still $50 cheaper.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #20
Krazie 99 heat pts99 space
NFC West Chumps
space
$31,550 | POWERFUL
Jesszman said:
That's still $50 cheaper.
Day One comes with a free year of gold.

$500 = X1, Kinect, 1 year XBL

$400 + $60 + $50 = $510 = PS4, PS Eye, 1 year PS+

That's what he meant.

Home > all sections > BX GameSpot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside Lookin Like Topanga 2.0... Danny Devan
120 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Video inside Throwback: Jamie Foxx ends a comedian's life
111 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside 57 year old Virginia politician & his 19 year black baby mama :Bruhs:
133 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Video inside Sauce walka: do drake really luv houston or using it for its culture & ..
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Audio inside Drake - On A Wave x Go Out Tonight x Can I x Tryna F**k (4 New Tracks)
117 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Article inside 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross: Baby Mama's Sex Tape Released by YOU, Not Me
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Video inside 7 Videogame Bosses We Didn't Want To Kill
36 comments
@games
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Image inside First Look At Goku From DRAGON BALL SUPER
116 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
5 viewing
NBA Best Trade Scenarios For The Knicks No. 4 Pick in Draft
54 comments
@sports

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time