This is BX @ Boxden.com

Sony ‘Employee’ Review: ‘I Don’t Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell Well’

Sony ‘Employee’ Review: ‘I Don’t Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell Well’
topic by Tiko377 - 12-25-2012, 12:18 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

Will the next PlayStation have more of a casual focus than its predecessor?

One person claiming to be a former senior manager at Sony seems to think so, posting in a Glassdoor review of the company that he doesn't think Sony's next-gen system, codenamed Orbis, will do very well:

Take this with a healthy grain of salt, as you might for any anonymous "former employee" review. But, as pointed out by Kotaku columnist Superannuation, who discovered the review, this sort of casual focus would seem to align with the Orbis sketches we reported earlier this year

Sony 'Employee' Review: 'I Don't Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell Well'

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

36 comments for "Sony ‘Employee’ Review: ‘I Don’t Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell Well’"

12-25-2012, 12:21 AMaway - #2
Jesszman 2105 heat pts2105

d 
space
$28,339 | POWERFUL
This is going to be an interesting thread.
 12-25-2012, 12:33 AMaway - #3
mystic boy 192 heat pts192

d 
space
$4,283 | POWERFUL
Sony needs to ax Move and 3D, and focus exclusively on Orbis and Vita. They need to come hard with exclusive games like they did with the PS2 and PSP. F*ck all that other !! for the time being. When they're in and have good foothold on the market, then they can go Move, 3D, and mobile. They need to have something they can always fall back on if these things fail.

Last edited by mystic boy; 12-25-2012 at 12:37 AM..
 12-25-2012, 12:36 AMaway - #4

d 
space
$28,339 | POWERFUL
I actually agree.
 12-25-2012, 12:37 AMaway - #5
Flawless Image 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$8,256 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by mystic boy
Sony needs ax Move and 3D, and focus exclusively on Orbis and Vita. They need to come hard with exclusive games like they did with the PS2 and PSP. F*ck all that other !! for the time being. When they're in and have good foothold on the market, then they can go Move, 3D, and mobile. They need to have something they can always fall back on if these things fail.
they have the best selection of exclusives out of the consoles/PC i doubt that was their downfall.
 12-25-2012, 12:37 AMaway - #6
latin_linx 323 heat pts323

d 
space
$7,066 | POWERFUL
 12-25-2012, 12:41 AMaway - #7
Flawless Image 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$8,256 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by latin_linx
 12-25-2012, 12:48 AMaway - #8
mystic boy 192 heat pts192

d 
space
$4,283 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Flawless Image
they have the best selection of exclusives out of the consoles/PC i doubt that was their downfall.
But they had more of them during the 6th gen though. Not only did the PS2 had exclusives you didn't even know you wanted, it had a sht ton of them. Sony always did and always will have quality exclusives. I just think the Orbis and Vita needs a large amount of those quality titles like the PS2 and PSP.
 12-25-2012, 12:56 AMaway - #9
ImAMonster 229 heat pts229

d 
space
$22,720 | POWERFUL
Posted on the internet? Factual.
 12-25-2012, 01:00 AMaway - #10
Krazie 83 heat pts83

d 
space
$23,169 | POWERFUL
Sounds kinda fake, but everything that's stated is pretty damn accurate.
 12-25-2012, 01:27 AMaway - #11
monrowe 2 heat pts

d 
space
$8,182 | 12467440
This is soo on point... If you talk to Sony fan boys all they talk is how much better it is than x box.. The graphics and engines... Sony has all that going yet no one really pushes the envelope of the system.. They should just be the hard core gaming machine like their fan boys praise... They have the ps move i dont know anyone who cares for it or the vita.. Let other companies do their thing but ps should just corner the market on hard core gaming.
 12-25-2012, 01:30 AMaway - #12
Krazie 83 heat pts83

d 
space
$23,169 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by monrowe
This is soo on point... If you talk to Sony fan boys all they talk is how much better it is than x box.. The graphics and engines... Sony has all that going yet no one really pushes the envelope of the system.. They should just be the hard core gaming machine like their fan boys praise... They have the ps move i dont know anyone who cares for it or the vita.. Let other companies do their thing but ps should just corner the market on hard core gaming.

They won't listen, though.
 12-25-2012, 03:17 PMaway - #13
KURUPTION!!! 467 heat pts467

d 
space
$32,312 | POWERFUL
How do you push the envelope for gaming with these high a$s development costs and everything being multiplatform with the 360 being the lead platform for most of this generation?
 12-25-2012, 05:49 PMaway - #14
fatboi1 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,276 | 12710372
Originally Posted by monrowe
Uhh no one really pushes the envelope??

Graphically??
Because if you say no your a damn liar.
Naughty Dog has been pushing the PS3 this whole gen. Uncharted 1 to 2 was a HUGE leap in graphics. Same with Last of US. k!llzone looks phenomenal! God of War 3 still impresses.

Hard core gaming wise the Ps3 isn't slacking man. You can't say Xbox is the hardcore gaming machine when it's focus is mostly Kinect games, third party apps and Xbox live.

PS3 has all the aforementioned exclusives plus 3rd party games. I don't see problem here. You can't own a PS3 and say your missing out on games. Impossible. Besides Gears of War(which might I say lost it's popularity within mere months) and Halo 4 what else is there on Xbox?? Exclusive wise nothing really. Most "hardcore" Xbox gamers are third party gamers. They'll be playing the latest COD, Battlefield or EA game and act as if that stuff isn't on PS3.

Also the fact that the PS3 and Xbox are STILL getting huge games in the next coming year says otherwise. They've been pushing the consoles for a while. To get Halo 4 running on the sh1tbox I'm sure they had to push that sh1t.

Hell on the contrary, PC games aren't being pushed to their true potential minus a few games.

Last edited by fatboi1; 12-25-2012 at 05:53 PM..
 12-25-2012, 06:11 PMaway - #15

d 
space
$28,339 | POWERFUL
only the Xbox 360 provides the best timed exclusive DLC.
 12-25-2012, 07:11 PMaway - #16
whateverman 

d 
space
$202 | 984248
Originally Posted by fatboi1
Uhh no one really pushes the envelope??

Graphically??
Because if you say no your a damn liar.
Naughty Dog has been pushing the PS3 this whole gen. Uncharted 1 to 2 was a HUGE leap in graphics. Same with Last of US. k!llzone looks phenomenal! God of War 3 still impresses.

Hard core gaming wise the Ps3 isn't slacking man. You can't say Xbox is the hardcore gaming machine when it's focus is mostly Kinect games, third party apps and Xbox live.

PS3 has all the aforementioned exclusives plus 3rd party games. I don't see problem here. You can't own a PS3 and say your missing out on games. Impossible. Besides Gears of War(which might I say lost it's popularity within mere months) and Halo 4 what else is there on Xbox?? Exclusive wise nothing really. Most "hardcore" Xbox gamers are third party gamers. They'll be playing the latest COD, Battlefield or EA game and act as if that stuff isn't on PS3.

Also the fact that the PS3 and Xbox are STILL getting huge games in the next coming year says otherwise. They've been pushing the consoles for a while. To get Halo 4 running on the sh1tbox I'm sure they had to push that sh1t.

Hell on the contrary, PC games aren't being pushed to their true potential minus a few games.

All of this.
 12-25-2012, 08:08 PMaway - #17
ThePainkiller 288 heat pts288

d 
space
$50,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by latin_linx

!! is so damn bad
 12-25-2012, 09:54 PMonline - #18
Walt Thizzney 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$4,425 | POWERFUL
Ps3 is 7 !!in yrs old.... !! is dead.... Compared directx gaming to it lol
 12-26-2012, 03:26 AMonline - #19
SteveBoogie 

d 
space
$207 | 3298016
I'm of the opinion that anybody who thinks 3D sucks simply doesn't have a 3D TV. Playing Black Ops II on my LG Cinema3D is absolutely GORGEOUS and is a breathtaking gaming experience.

At the very least, the games should be made with 3D as an OPTION in-game. Not every game is going to be great in 3D but the common-sense ones, I'd like to see more in 3D.

I guess I'm a "Sony fanboy" because I would never pick up an Xbox controller unless PS3s evaporated from the earth, but I'm sure Xbox is a great system. I just prefer PS3.
 12-26-2012, 06:44 AMaway - #20
monrowe 2 heat pts

d 
space
$8,182 | 12467440
I'm a x box guy. But when I say push i mean make exclusive games that's tiptop that isn't cross platform. I damn near got a ps3 just for uncharted.. U make more of this and u can steal a few gamers who like going all in. I'm not comparing 360 cus its not a ps3 vs360 debate it's a ps3 life support topic. The have the super machine but focus on casual gaming.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
MLB Breaking: Yankees Pitcher Michael Pineda Gets Caught for..
59 comments
NBA One Year Ago Today Carmelo Scored 37 Points... (video)
56 comments
NBA James Harden's Last 3 Series
61 comments
 NBA Did The Rocket Trade Kevin Martin For A Younger... Kev...
New reply 9 seconds ago - 81 comments - by TRILL SH1T
 NBA 4x Nba Champion, 3x Finals Mvp, 2x Mvp And A 14x Nba A...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 119 comments - by DominationCM
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 338 comments - by JordanWest86
 NBA Lebron James Gets Throat Chopped :dead: (video)
New reply 15 minutes ago - 81 comments - by italiansteve
  Worst Movie Endings
New reply 12 minutes ago - 129 comments - by tre0624
 NFL Merril Hoge: Jadeveon Clowney Is An 'atrocious' Footba...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 67 comments - by all3rd
 NFL Russell Wilson And Wife Divorce
New reply 12 minutes ago - 98 comments - by SeattleWon
  If They Rebooted "white Men Can't Jump"
New reply 33 minutes ago - 89 comments - by -ThE~DoN~LoN-

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,711 fans of BX | none new today 4,651 following and 3 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.