Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Sony ‘Employee’ Review: ‘I Don’t Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell Well’

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
153 viewing
 The Top 10 Costliest Prostitutes on the Planet
27 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
103 viewing
Video inside UFO Miami Airport Florida September 01, 2015
128 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
101 viewing
 Video inside South Side Crips killed PAC for Diddy & Poochie Killed Biggie For Suge ?
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
70 viewing
 Image inside Guess her age?
80 comments
@wild'ish
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Sony ‘Employee’ Review: ‘I Don’t Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell Well’
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #1
2773 pageviews
36 comments

Tiko377 1259 heat pts1259 space
space
$11,197 | POWERFUL
Will the next PlayStation have more of a casual focus than its predecessor?

One person claiming to be a former senior manager at Sony seems to think so, posting in a Glassdoor review of the company that he doesn't think Sony's next-gen system, codenamed Orbis, will do very well:

[pic - click to view]

Take this with a healthy grain of salt, as you might for any anonymous "former employee" review. But, as pointed out by Kotaku columnist Superannuation, who discovered the review, this sort of casual focus would seem to align with the Orbis sketches we reported earlier this year

Sony 'Employee' Review: 'I Don't Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell Well'
Props given to Tiko377 hot topic  (12-25-2012)

top in section
34 viewing
Image inside Suge would have never allowed this, look at ya boy Tyga!
64 comments
top in hiphop/24hrs
top in section
19 viewing
 Image inside Haitian Booty Appreciation Thread
50 comments
top in eyecandy/24hrs

Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #2
Jesszman 2203 heat pts2203 space
space
$29,823 | POWERFUL
This is going to be an interesting thread.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #3
mystic boy 310 heat pts310 space
Hoshido
space
$4,926 | POWERFUL
Sony needs to ax Move and 3D, and focus exclusively on Orbis and Vita. They need to come hard with exclusive games like they did with the PS2 and PSP. F*ck all that other sh*t for the time being. When they're in and have good foothold on the market, then they can go Move, 3D, and mobile. They need to have something they can always fall back on if these things fail.

Last edited by mystic boy; 12-25-2012 at 12:37 AM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #4
space
$29,823 | POWERFUL
I actually agree.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #5
Flawless Image 20 heat pts20 space
BXSC 2013 Pick Em Champ
space
$12,245 | POWERFUL
mystic boy said:
Sony needs ax Move and 3D, and focus exclusively on Orbis and Vita. They need to come hard with exclusive games like they did with the PS2 and PSP. F*ck all that other sh*t for the time being. When they're in and have good foothold on the market, then they can go Move, 3D, and mobile. They need to have something they can always fall back on if these things fail.
they have the best selection of exclusives out of the consoles/PC i doubt that was their downfall.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #6
latin_linx 349 heat pts349 space
space
$9,260 | POWERFUL

[pic - click to view]

Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #7
Flawless Image 20 heat pts20 space
BXSC 2013 Pick Em Champ
space
$12,245 | POWERFUL
latin_linx said:

[pic - click to view]

Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #8
mystic boy 310 heat pts310 space
Hoshido
space
$4,926 | POWERFUL
Flawless Image said:
they have the best selection of exclusives out of the consoles/PC i doubt that was their downfall.
But they had more of them during the 6th gen though. Not only did the PS2 had exclusives you didn't even know you wanted, it had a sht ton of them. Sony always did and always will have quality exclusives. I just think the Orbis and Vita needs a large amount of those quality titles like the PS2 and PSP.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #9
ImAMonster 315 heat pts315 space
GEORGIA BORN & RAISED
space
$30,773 | POWERFUL
Posted on the internet? Factual.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #10
Krazie 104 heat pts104 space
NFC West Chumps
space
$33,273 | POWERFUL
Sounds kinda fake, but everything that's stated is pretty damn accurate.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #11
monrowe 3 heat pts space
space
$10,526 | 14975199
This is soo on point... If you talk to Sony fan boys all they talk is how much better it is than x box.. The graphics and engines... Sony has all that going yet no one really pushes the envelope of the system.. They should just be the hard core gaming machine like their fan boys praise... They have the ps move i dont know anyone who cares for it or the vita.. Let other companies do their thing but ps should just corner the market on hard core gaming.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #12
Krazie 104 heat pts104 space
NFC West Chumps
space
$33,273 | POWERFUL
monrowe said:
This is soo on point... If you talk to Sony fan boys all they talk is how much better it is than x box.. The graphics and engines... Sony has all that going yet no one really pushes the envelope of the system.. They should just be the hard core gaming machine like their fan boys praise... They have the ps move i dont know anyone who cares for it or the vita.. Let other companies do their thing but ps should just corner the market on hard core gaming.

They won't listen, though.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #13
KURUPTION!!! 503 heat pts503 space
THE FUTURE OF LA
space
$33,739 | POWERFUL
How do you push the envelope for gaming with these high a.ss development costs and everything being multiplatform with the 360 being the lead platform for most of this generation?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #14
fatboi1 7 heat pts space
Iller than most
space
$3,289 | 13240376
monrowe said:
Uhh no one really pushes the envelope??

Graphically??
Because if you say no your a damn liar.
Naughty Dog has been pushing the PS3 this whole gen. Uncharted 1 to 2 was a HUGE leap in graphics. Same with Last of US. k!llzone looks phenomenal! God of War 3 still impresses.

Hard core gaming wise the Ps3 isn't slacking man. You can't say Xbox is the hardcore gaming machine when it's focus is mostly Kinect games, third party apps and Xbox live.

PS3 has all the aforementioned exclusives plus 3rd party games. I don't see problem here. You can't own a PS3 and say your missing out on games. Impossible. Besides Gears of War(which might I say lost it's popularity within mere months) and Halo 4 what else is there on Xbox?? Exclusive wise nothing really. Most "hardcore" Xbox gamers are third party gamers. They'll be playing the latest COD, Battlefield or EA game and act as if that stuff isn't on PS3.

Also the fact that the PS3 and Xbox are STILL getting huge games in the next coming year says otherwise. They've been pushing the consoles for a while. To get Halo 4 running on the sh1tbox I'm sure they had to push that sh1t.

Hell on the contrary, PC games aren't being pushed to their true potential minus a few games.

Last edited by fatboi1; 12-25-2012 at 05:53 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #15
space
$29,823 | POWERFUL
only the Xbox 360 provides the best timed exclusive DLC.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #16
whateverman  space
space
$232 | 984249
fatboi1 said:
Uhh no one really pushes the envelope??

Graphically??
Because if you say no your a damn liar.
Naughty Dog has been pushing the PS3 this whole gen. Uncharted 1 to 2 was a HUGE leap in graphics. Same with Last of US. k!llzone looks phenomenal! God of War 3 still impresses.

Hard core gaming wise the Ps3 isn't slacking man. You can't say Xbox is the hardcore gaming machine when it's focus is mostly Kinect games, third party apps and Xbox live.

PS3 has all the aforementioned exclusives plus 3rd party games. I don't see problem here. You can't own a PS3 and say your missing out on games. Impossible. Besides Gears of War(which might I say lost it's popularity within mere months) and Halo 4 what else is there on Xbox?? Exclusive wise nothing really. Most "hardcore" Xbox gamers are third party gamers. They'll be playing the latest COD, Battlefield or EA game and act as if that stuff isn't on PS3.

Also the fact that the PS3 and Xbox are STILL getting huge games in the next coming year says otherwise. They've been pushing the consoles for a while. To get Halo 4 running on the sh1tbox I'm sure they had to push that sh1t.

Hell on the contrary, PC games aren't being pushed to their true potential minus a few games.

All of this.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #17
ThePainkiller 308 heat pts308 space
This is the Pain k!ller
space
$57,505 | POWERFUL
latin_linx said:

[pic - click to view]

sh*t is so damn bad
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #18
Walt Thizzney 133 heat pts133 space
space
$5,076 | POWERFUL
Ps3 is 7 fu*kin yrs old.... sh*t is dead.... Compared directx gaming to it lol
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #19
SteveBoogie  space
STERLING.
space
$270 | 4690967
I'm of the opinion that anybody who thinks 3D sucks simply doesn't have a 3D TV. Playing Black Ops II on my LG Cinema3D is absolutely GORGEOUS and is a breathtaking gaming experience.

At the very least, the games should be made with 3D as an OPTION in-game. Not every game is going to be great in 3D but the common-sense ones, I'd like to see more in 3D.

I guess I'm a "Sony fanboy" because I would never pick up an Xbox controller unless PS3s evaporated from the earth, but I'm sure Xbox is a great system. I just prefer PS3.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #20
monrowe 3 heat pts space
space
$10,526 | 14975199
I'm a x box guy. But when I say push i mean make exclusive games that's tiptop that isn't cross platform. I damn near got a ps3 just for uncharted.. U make more of this and u can steal a few gamers who like going all in. I'm not comparing 360 cus its not a ps3 vs360 debate it's a ps3 life support topic. The have the super machine but focus on casual gaming.

Home > all sections > BX GameSpot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
55 viewing
Video inside :DEAD: (Trust me you will be too lol)
88 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
34 viewing
Image inside Sep 2 - El Salvador Sets Latin American All Time Record With 125 Murde..
57 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Video inside Real Booty v Fake Booty
20 comments
22 hours ago
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Video inside NBA 2K16 Gameplay Improvements Video
94 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Image inside Lets not get on the new school too much when Busta was lookin like this
192 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Lloyd Banks / Tony Yayo Stories
67 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
15 viewing
NBA Stay Melo: Carmelo Anthony in the streets of Cuba.
31 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Video inside 80k dislikes in 48hrs
159 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time