This is BX @ Boxden.com


Sony ‘Employee’ Review: ‘I Don’t Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell Well’


 Sony ‘Employee’ Review: ‘I Don’t Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell Well’
topic by Tiko377 - 12-25-2012, 12:18 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot


Will the next PlayStation have more of a casual focus than its predecessor?

One person claiming to be a former senior manager at Sony seems to think so, posting in a Glassdoor review of the company that he doesn't think Sony's next-gen system, codenamed Orbis, will do very well:



Take this with a healthy grain of salt, as you might for any anonymous "former employee" review. But, as pointed out by Kotaku columnist Superannuation, who discovered the review, this sort of casual focus would seem to align with the Orbis sketches we reported earlier this year

Sony 'Employee' Review: 'I Don't Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell Well'


Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

36 comments for "Sony ‘Employee’ Review: ‘I Don’t Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell Well’"


 12-25-2012, 12:21 AMaway - #2
Jesszman 2173 heat pts2173

  d 
space
$29,351 | POWERFUL
This is going to be an interesting thread.
 12-25-2012, 12:33 AMaway - #3
mystic boy 211 heat pts211

  d 
space
$4,448 | POWERFUL
Sony needs to ax Move and 3D, and focus exclusively on Orbis and Vita. They need to come hard with exclusive games like they did with the PS2 and PSP. F*ck all that other #### for the time being. When they're in and have good foothold on the market, then they can go Move, 3D, and mobile. They need to have something they can always fall back on if these things fail.

Last edited by mystic boy; 12-25-2012 at 12:37 AM..
 12-25-2012, 12:36 AMaway - #4
Jesszman 2173 heat pts2173

  d 
space
$29,351 | POWERFUL
I actually agree.
 12-25-2012, 12:37 AMonline - #5
Flawless Image 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$8,965 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by mystic boy
Sony needs ax Move and 3D, and focus exclusively on Orbis and Vita. They need to come hard with exclusive games like they did with the PS2 and PSP. F*ck all that other #### for the time being. When they're in and have good foothold on the market, then they can go Move, 3D, and mobile. They need to have something they can always fall back on if these things fail.
they have the best selection of exclusives out of the consoles/PC i doubt that was their downfall.
 12-25-2012, 12:37 AMaway - #6
latin_linx 325 heat pts325

  d 
space
$8,061 | POWERFUL
 12-25-2012, 12:41 AMonline - #7
Flawless Image 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$8,965 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by latin_linx
 12-25-2012, 12:48 AMaway - #8
mystic boy 211 heat pts211

  d 
space
$4,448 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Flawless Image
they have the best selection of exclusives out of the consoles/PC i doubt that was their downfall.
But they had more of them during the 6th gen though. Not only did the PS2 had exclusives you didn't even know you wanted, it had a sht ton of them. Sony always did and always will have quality exclusives. I just think the Orbis and Vita needs a large amount of those quality titles like the PS2 and PSP.
 12-25-2012, 12:56 AMaway - #9
ImAMonster 249 heat pts249

  d 
space
$24,184 | POWERFUL
Posted on the internet? Factual.
 12-25-2012, 01:00 AMaway - #10
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,752 | POWERFUL
Sounds kinda fake, but everything that's stated is pretty damn accurate.
 12-25-2012, 01:27 AMaway - #11
monrowe 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,187 | 13597127
This is soo on point... If you talk to Sony fan boys all they talk is how much better it is than x box.. The graphics and engines... Sony has all that going yet no one really pushes the envelope of the system.. They should just be the hard core gaming machine like their fan boys praise... They have the ps move i dont know anyone who cares for it or the vita.. Let other companies do their thing but ps should just corner the market on hard core gaming.
 12-25-2012, 01:30 AMaway - #12
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,752 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by monrowe
This is soo on point... If you talk to Sony fan boys all they talk is how much better it is than x box.. The graphics and engines... Sony has all that going yet no one really pushes the envelope of the system.. They should just be the hard core gaming machine like their fan boys praise... They have the ps move i dont know anyone who cares for it or the vita.. Let other companies do their thing but ps should just corner the market on hard core gaming.


They won't listen, though.
 12-25-2012, 03:17 PMaway - #13
KURUPTION!!! 477 heat pts477

  d 
space
$32,888 | POWERFUL
How do you push the envelope for gaming with these high a$s development costs and everything being multiplatform with the 360 being the lead platform for most of this generation?
 12-25-2012, 05:49 PMaway - #14
fatboi1 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,276 | 12710372
Originally Posted by monrowe
This is soo on point... If you talk to Sony fan boys all they talk is how much better it is than x box.. The graphics and engines... Sony has all that going yet no one really pushes the envelope of the system.. They should just be the hard core gaming machine like their fan boys praise... They have the ps move i dont know anyone who cares for it or the vita.. Let other companies do their thing but ps should just corner the market on hard core gaming.
Uhh no one really pushes the envelope??

Graphically??
Because if you say no your a damn liar.
Naughty Dog has been pushing the PS3 this whole gen. Uncharted 1 to 2 was a HUGE leap in graphics. Same with Last of US. k!llzone looks phenomenal! God of War 3 still impresses.

Hard core gaming wise the Ps3 isn't slacking man. You can't say Xbox is the hardcore gaming machine when it's focus is mostly Kinect games, third party apps and Xbox live.

PS3 has all the aforementioned exclusives plus 3rd party games. I don't see problem here. You can't own a PS3 and say your missing out on games. Impossible. Besides Gears of War(which might I say lost it's popularity within mere months) and Halo 4 what else is there on Xbox?? Exclusive wise nothing really. Most "hardcore" Xbox gamers are third party gamers. They'll be playing the latest COD, Battlefield or EA game and act as if that stuff isn't on PS3.


Also the fact that the PS3 and Xbox are STILL getting huge games in the next coming year says otherwise. They've been pushing the consoles for a while. To get Halo 4 running on the sh1tbox I'm sure they had to push that sh1t.

Hell on the contrary, PC games aren't being pushed to their true potential minus a few games.

Last edited by fatboi1; 12-25-2012 at 05:53 PM..
 12-25-2012, 06:11 PMaway - #15
Jesszman 2173 heat pts2173

  d 
space
$29,351 | POWERFUL
only the Xbox 360 provides the best timed exclusive DLC.
 12-25-2012, 07:11 PMaway - #16
whateverman 

  d 
space
$202 | 984248
Originally Posted by fatboi1
Uhh no one really pushes the envelope??

Graphically??
Because if you say no your a damn liar.
Naughty Dog has been pushing the PS3 this whole gen. Uncharted 1 to 2 was a HUGE leap in graphics. Same with Last of US. k!llzone looks phenomenal! God of War 3 still impresses.

Hard core gaming wise the Ps3 isn't slacking man. You can't say Xbox is the hardcore gaming machine when it's focus is mostly Kinect games, third party apps and Xbox live.

PS3 has all the aforementioned exclusives plus 3rd party games. I don't see problem here. You can't own a PS3 and say your missing out on games. Impossible. Besides Gears of War(which might I say lost it's popularity within mere months) and Halo 4 what else is there on Xbox?? Exclusive wise nothing really. Most "hardcore" Xbox gamers are third party gamers. They'll be playing the latest COD, Battlefield or EA game and act as if that stuff isn't on PS3.


Also the fact that the PS3 and Xbox are STILL getting huge games in the next coming year says otherwise. They've been pushing the consoles for a while. To get Halo 4 running on the sh1tbox I'm sure they had to push that sh1t.

Hell on the contrary, PC games aren't being pushed to their true potential minus a few games.

All of this.
 12-25-2012, 08:08 PMaway - #17
ThePainkiller 299 heat pts299

  d 
space
$52,842 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by latin_linx


#### is so damn bad
 12-25-2012, 09:54 PMaway - #18
Walt Thizzney 124 heat pts124

  d 
space
$4,810 | POWERFUL
Ps3 is 7 ####in yrs old.... #### is dead.... Compared directx gaming to it lol
 12-26-2012, 03:26 AMaway - #19
SteveBoogie 

  d 
space
$241 | 3829424
I'm of the opinion that anybody who thinks 3D sucks simply doesn't have a 3D TV. Playing Black Ops II on my LG Cinema3D is absolutely GORGEOUS and is a breathtaking gaming experience.

At the very least, the games should be made with 3D as an OPTION in-game. Not every game is going to be great in 3D but the common-sense ones, I'd like to see more in 3D.

I guess I'm a "Sony fanboy" because I would never pick up an Xbox controller unless PS3s evaporated from the earth, but I'm sure Xbox is a great system. I just prefer PS3.
 12-26-2012, 06:44 AMaway - #20
monrowe 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,187 | 13597127
I'm a x box guy. But when I say push i mean make exclusive games that's tiptop that isn't cross platform. I damn near got a ps3 just for uncharted.. U make more of this and u can steal a few gamers who like going all in. I'm not comparing 360 cus its not a ps3 vs360 debate it's a ps3 life support topic. The have the super machine but focus on casual gaming.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Falcons Vs Bucs week 3
762 comments
Name a comic book character you'd wanna see a movie made out of?
54 comments
Image inside  Love & Basketball 2 Coming February 2015
51 comments
  Name The 3 Biggest Mysteries In Hip Hop
New reply 3 minutes ago - 169 comments - by DASKCREW1
 Video inside Ray-j Da Gawd Out Here Gaming These Broads
New reply 11 minutes ago - 82 comments - by PrisonRules
 NFL Who Is The Most Overrated Quarterback In The Nfl?
New reply 5 minutes ago - 123 comments - by prettyklever
 Image(s) inside Iconic Photo Taken Of ( G-unit ) Right After Laying 50...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 98 comments - by ajeana
 Article inside 2014 Bet Hip-hop Awards Cypher Lineup Announced
New reply 8 minutes ago - 133 comments - by Steve
 NBA First Look: Washed Up Paul Pierce In A Wiz Uniform (pic)
New reply 20 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Bkjj11
 Image(s) inside Who The Hell Is Holding The Umbrella?
New reply 9 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Mr Harrow
 Image(s) inside Sep 18 - Magic Johnson Donates Blood To Leukemia And L...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 78 comments - by davilla24c

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.