VG Leaks*has leaked out what seem to be the specs for the Kinect 2.0. Until Microsoft officially announces it and reveals the specs take it with a grain of salt. The full list of improvements can be found on VG Leaks but here’s a quick list of improvements.
- Improved field of view results in much larger play space.
- RGB stream is higher quality and higher resolution.
- Depth stream is much higher resolution and able to resolve much smaller objects.
- Higher depth stream accuracy enables separating objects in close depth proximity.
- Higher depth stream accuracy captures depth curvature around edges better.
- Active infrared (IR) stream permits lighting independent processing and feature recognition.
- End to end pipeline latency is improved by 33 ms.
Durango Next-Generation Kinect Sensor -
Infinite PC Gaming » Rumor Mill: VGLeaks Kinect 2.0 specs