This is BX @ Boxden.com

RIP Radical Entertainment

RIP Radical Entertainment
topic by Da Ill One - 06-28-2012, 03:18 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

Radical Entertainment, best known for the Prototype series this generation, will no longer develop games and instead will now only support other Activision titles.

“Although we made a substantial investment in the Prototype IP, it did not find a broad commercial audience. Radical is a very talented team of developers, however, we have explored various options for the studio, including a potential sale of the business, and have made a difficult conclusion through the consultation process that the only remaining option is a significant reduction in staff,” Activison said in a statement released tonight.

“As such, some employees will remain working for Radical Entertainment supporting other existing Activision Publishing projects, but the studio will cease development of its own games going forward.”

Radical originally opened it’s doors in 1991. Our thoughts and well wishes go out to those who have been affected by Activision’s decision.

- TGL

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

18 comments for "RIP Radical Entertainment"

06-28-2012, 04:28 PMaway - #2
CadillacVyse 374 heat pts374

d 
space
$15,262 | POWERFUL
Casualty of the aaa industry. im sure the studio could have been profitable or at least solvent but when a publisher is basically only funding games that forecasted to sell at least 1.5 mil it makes it hard to run a studio. I've listened to a few podcast about the industry and they basically say pubs won finance a game that will only sell 250k even if that game makes a profit.
 06-28-2012, 05:05 PMaway - #3
KeepinItTrill 6 heat pts

d 
space
$31,188 | POWERFUL
damn

Prototype 1 n 2 were great to me
 06-28-2012, 05:29 PMaway - #4
Jesszman 2182 heat pts2182

d 
space
$29,556 | POWERFUL
activision.
 06-29-2012, 02:33 PMaway - #5
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Prototype 1 was the dopest game I ever played............seriously how can any one say it was wack?

Part 2 was not that good though.........game was way to short and beat it in like 3 days.
 06-29-2012, 08:47 PMaway - #6
cold_young_thug 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$6,502 | POWERFUL
Damn. Radical Entertainment was the team behind "Jackie Chan, StuntMaster" Dat game is a classic.
 06-29-2012, 11:20 PMonline - #7
One Gud Cide 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$8,742 | POWERFUL
the fact that it said they were best known for the Prototype series...well....

Originally Posted by Dos-effect
Prototype 1 was the dopest game I ever played............seriously how can any one say it was wack?

Part 2 was not that good though.........game was way to short and beat it in like 3 days.
the ####? you must not play many games if prototype is the dopest you've ever played but come on, P2 was better in literally every way. gameplay, powers, graphics, missions, less repetitive, combat, EVERYTHING
 06-30-2012, 01:26 AMaway - #8
ecomog 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$2,789 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by One Gud Cide
the fact that it said they were best known for the Prototype series...well....

the ####? you must not play many games if prototype is the dopest you've ever played but come on, P2 was better in literally every way. gameplay, powers, graphics, missions, less repetitive, combat, EVERYTHING
Seriously. I've always thought of Prototype as a poor man's Infamous. I tried playing the first one after I beat Infamous and was sitting there like

Part 2 was dope though
 06-30-2012, 05:03 AMaway - #9
ChevyBrah 202 heat pts202

d 
space
$12,287 | POWERFUL
 06-30-2012, 10:26 AMaway - #10
superdrunken 5 heat pts

d 
space
$6,149 | POWERFUL
lol prototype wayyyyy doper than infamous foh.

anyways, #### activision can't stand them greedy ####s.
 06-30-2012, 12:22 PMaway - #11
SOCIALITE 4 heat pts

d 
space
$8,307 | POWERFUL
these companies are dropping like flies.
 06-30-2012, 01:06 PMaway - #12
CadillacVyse 374 heat pts374

d 
space
$15,262 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by superdrunken

what is this "foh" that i see ppl using on bx?
 06-30-2012, 01:59 PMaway - #13
Royce207 

d 
space
$2,943 | 6258767
^^ #### outta here = foh

and ya i never played prototype but it looked far too similar to infamous which was a neat game but far too repetitive after a while .. i dunno id pick it up used for cheap to try it
 07-01-2012, 02:16 AMaway - #14
ecomog 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$2,789 | POWERFUL

07-01-2012, 01:33 PMaway - #15
Darealness420 

d 
space
$387 | 889588

Lol where'd u find this guy bx?!!!....I like this guy he's real funny
 07-03-2012, 02:24 AMaway - #16
conscious thug 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$4,328 | POWERFUL
This irritated me when I read about it the other day, but it's the way of the world now.

I thought Prototype 1 was a cool a$s game, but it had the misfortune of being released at the same time as Infamous 1 and suffered massively because of the unfortunate similarities between the two, and the ensuing comparisons.

I think each of the franchises have things that work to their advantage better than the other. I like the ability to move around the city a lot better with Alex Mercer/James Heller than I did with Cole McGrath.

That said, I liked the powers and combat systems a tad bit better in Infamous. Each franchise has it's pros and cons, and I didn't despise the Prototype series as much as others seemed to.

And the storylines for Infamous 2 and Prototype 2 were leaps and bounds better than the storylines for their respective predecessors.

I platinumed Infamous 2 and Prototype 2 but have never been able to do so with the first in each series.

It's sad though that Radical is being shut down when Prototype sold about a million copies on Xbox and PS3, and it hasn't even released on PC yet, so that'll no doubt push it a bit over the million mark.

Activision already makes a ####load on the COD games, so it's sad that we can't get a potential Prototype 3.
 07-03-2012, 08:16 AMaway - #17
Bobby's World 5 heat pts

d 
space
$8,402 | POWERFUL
Prototype got boring to me.
I havent beaten that #### yet. It had a spark when I started but then it was just garbage.
 07-03-2012, 09:01 AMaway - #18
Soraci7 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$13,700 | POWERFUL
Not surprised, Prototype really was the retarded stepchild to inFAMOUS.

The whole time they were making a game which another game was running circles around them with

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Xbox One's struggles are traceable to one bad decision
72 comments
Microsoft Investigating Xbox Owners for Fraudulently Refunding ..
81 comments
NFL Dallas Cowboys fans are losing their minds
57 comments
 Image(s) inside Pic Of Kidd Kidd Ridin Around In Niissan
New reply 17 minutes ago - 57 comments - by ajeana
 audio inside Nas - The Season (full Version)
New reply 1 hour ago - 120 comments - by MANNYSOSA
 NBA Official Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs Chicago Bull
New reply 38 minutes ago - 1374 comments - by Akira Son Bio
 Image(s) inside Nas Gettin Sucked Off By Madonna In The Studio (pic)
New reply 1 hour ago - 128 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 NFL Halloween Costume
New reply 41 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Frasier
 Image(s) inside Oct 28 - Life Under Obama Sucks. And These Numbers Pro...
New reply 1 hour ago - 116 comments - by KFrizzle
 Video inside Daylyt Video In A Nice Pink Dress And Thot Wear Dissin...
New reply 43 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Star
 Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Responds To Drake & Wayne ...
New reply 1 hour ago - 104 comments - by Frankybaby

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,834 fans of BX | none new today 4,801 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.