This is BX @ Boxden.com

Report : PS3 sales at 77 million. Overtakes 360

Report : PS3 sales at 77 million. Overtakes 360
topic by Jesszman - 01-09-2013, 09:59 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

IDC: Game consoles, discs to remain revenue mainstays for "years to come" | GamesIndustry International

The report also highlights that just this past December, Sony's PS3 managed to surpass the number of Xbox 360s shipped worldwide (about 77 million vs. 76 million), despite the PS3 launching a year later. While many hardcore gamers are now waiting for the next-generation systens from Sony and Microsoft, IDC noted that Nintendo will still "find an audience" with Wii U, reaching global bundle shipments of 50 million by year-end 2016.

watch someone say this is shipped > Report : PS3 sales at 77 million. Overtakes 360 - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest Games Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

189 comments for "Report : PS3 sales at 77 million. Overtakes 360"

01-09-2013, 10:02 PMaway - #2
fatboi1 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,287 | 12815376
Xbots avoiding this thread like the bully in the cafeteria.
 01-09-2013, 10:09 PMaway - #3
Jesszman 2182 heat pts2182

d 
space
$29,550 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Troubleman1990
damn late by 2 mins
anyways
and these ni##az had a year start stole exclusive from sony and watered em down.
####ING ####ES
oh yeah inflated numbers for the 360 cuz of that RROD fiasco

I remember when ppl was saying omg pstriple doomed and all that other ####ing bull####
now what ni##a
NOW WHAT
the vita will be fine too.
Like that ni##a kaz said the next gen don't start till they say it ####ing starts ####.
the Wii U? old a$s ####
The next gen will start again with the ps4

just give me my ####ing FF Versus you ####ing ####es
This guy knows what's up.

I remember when the PS3 "had no games." What's the 360 got this year? A gears title nobody cares about? XBLA games that you can get on PC for cheaper and better?
 01-09-2013, 10:12 PMaway - #4
mystic boy 217 heat pts217

d 
space
$4,481 | POWERFUL
The PS Triple

That #### is slick

The ni##as in here celebrating second place a lil too hard
 01-09-2013, 10:14 PMaway - #5
coolio 48 heat pts48

d 
space
$16,869 | POWERFUL
 01-09-2013, 10:18 PMonline - #6
Tiko377 990 heat pts990

d 
space
$8,412 | POWERFUL
impressive by Sony and the PS3 no doubt they cameback from ALOT this generation

but why the celebration because we all know microsoft profits off the xbox360 and profits like crazy from live so this generation has been succesful for them but i wonder if it has for Sony.
 01-09-2013, 10:26 PMaway - #7
coolio 48 heat pts48

d 
space
$16,869 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Tiko377
impressive by Sony and the PS3 no doubt they cameback from ALOT this generation

but why the celebration because we all know microsoft profits off the xbox360 and profits like crazy from live so this generation has been succesful for them but i wonder if it has for Sony.

well how many consoles it sold doesnt actually mean #### and shouldnt really matter..this is just funny considering u'd always hear the xbox fanboys brag about how the 360 was outselling the ps3

ps3 did it in a shorter amount of time too
 01-09-2013, 10:27 PMaway - #8

d 
space
$29,550 | POWERFUL
You also have to account for how many people bought multiple 360s.
 01-09-2013, 10:28 PMaway - #9
ThePainkiller 300 heat pts300

d 
space
$53,366 | POWERFUL
Even after making customers buy 2-3 consoles because of the RROD Microsoft lost. Even after making their console 99 bucks Microsoft lost. Even after milking the precious Halo, Microsoft lost. Even after PS3 had no games, Microsoft lost. I remember when HDDVD was gonna blow Blu-Ray away. I remember when Lair wasn't ####. I remember it from 2006, welcome to the Next-Gen Sony. All of it. It doesn't matter what you do, Sony has loyal fans. Microsoft was like the Heir and Sony was the Tortoise. They took their time to give us quality, some broken promises here and there but they didn't give up. It's pathetic because you have these so called "hardcore" gamers who just jumped on the Microsoft boat this generation wishing that Sony would die as a company. It's so sad. From a journalist standpoint it's been crazy, but everyone knew this day would come.

Microsoft was like Romney, only appealed to one crowd.

Sony was like Obama, he was diverse.

Say whatever you want, call me names, say the vita sucks(I couldn't care less about handheld gaming), etc but everyone said this would be it for sony. I guess "it" was something other than "The End".
 01-09-2013, 10:31 PMaway - #10

d 
space
$29,550 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ThePainkiller
Even after making customers buy 2-3 consoles because of the RROD Microsoft lost. Even after making their console 99 bucks Microsoft lost. Even after milking the precious Halo, Microsoft lost. Even after PS3 had no games, Microsoft lost. I remember when HDDVD was gonna blow Blu-Ray away. I remember when Lair wasn't ####. I remember it from 2006, welcome to the Next-Gen Sony. All of it. It doesn't matter what you do, Sony has loyal fans. Microsoft was like the Heir and Sony was the Tortoise. They took their time to give us quality, some broken promises here and there but they didn't give up. It's pathetic because you have these so called "hardcore" gamers who just jumped on the Microsoft boat this generation wishing that Sony would die as a company. It's so sad. From a journalist standpoint it's been crazy, but everyone knew this day would come.

Say whatever you want, call me names, say the vita sucks(I couldn't care less about handheld gaming), etc but everyone said this would be it for sony. I guess "it" was something other than "The End".
Sounds like an acceptance speech

Lair was #### though
 01-09-2013, 10:31 PMaway - #11
Da Ill One|M 3619 heat pts3619

d 
space
$40,006 | POWERFUL
And Sony still lost a lot of money on this Gen and is on the verge of being bankrupt... but Coming in second is reason to celebrate nowadays? Second place is the first loser...
 01-09-2013, 10:32 PMaway - #12
Capimp 

d 
space
$1,147 | 4082759
the game changer was Sony winning the HD war. Remember HD-DVDS lol? I heard it all from 360 users (lack of exclusives at the beginning for PS3, framerates werent as good on PS3, controller was too small, PS3 online sucks always lag and connection problems......) and i have a 360 but Playstation and Sony will always be that company i ####s with most.

Last edited by Capimp; 01-09-2013 at 10:34 PM..
 01-09-2013, 10:33 PMaway - #13
29 26 4 heat pts

d 
space
$7,876 | POWERFUL
All those shipped and Playstation All Stars still flopped...

01-09-2013, 10:35 PMaway - #14
Kingme 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,542 | POWERFUL
Sweet! Blu-ray movies are here to stay!
 01-09-2013, 10:36 PMaway - #15
mystic boy 217 heat pts217

d 
space
$4,481 | POWERFUL

cotdamn

My TaskForce
 01-09-2013, 10:36 PMaway - #16
ThePainkiller 300 heat pts300

d 
space
$53,366 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
Sounds like an acceptance speech

Lair was #### though
Hold your #### a$s up, you've probably never look at the Lair box case before. I know you sure as hell haven't played it.

And Sony still lost a lot of money on this Gen and is on the verge of being bankrupt... but Coming in second is reason to celebrate nowadays? Second place is the first loser...
The fact is Sony is still going to support the PS3 until 2016; whereas, the support for the Wii is about to die out period. The lifetime sales of the PS3 will be more than the Wii and the 360. I will put money on that. Once it drops to 100 bucks, it will fly like birds.
 01-09-2013, 10:37 PMonline - #17
Tiko377 990 heat pts990

d 
space
$8,412 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
Being bankrupt? I thought they had 60 billion in reserves?
 01-09-2013, 10:37 PMonline - #18
Krazie 93 heat pts93

d 
space
$27,092 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
watch someone say this is shipped
Well, it does say shipped.
 01-09-2013, 10:38 PMaway - #19

d 
space
$29,550 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by mystic boy
cotdamn

My TaskForce

360 stans packing it up.
 01-09-2013, 10:39 PMaway - #20

d 
space
$29,550 | POWERFUL
Hold your #### a$s up, you've probably never look at the Lair box case before. I know you sure as hell haven't played it.

The fact is Sony is still going to support the PS3 until 2016; whereas, the support for the Wii is about to die out period. The lifetime sales of the PS3 will be more than the Wii and the 360. I will put money on that. Once it drops to 100 bucks, it will fly like birds.

would never play LAIR. Ever. There was a game on the PS2 that had dragons and stuff though, that game looked awesome.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 30 - Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
58 comments
Image inside  Oct 28 - Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers pr..
51 comments
IGN Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
86 comments
  Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (prod. Soundwave X Thunder...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 80 comments - by mdemaz
  Best Rap Album Of 2014?
New reply 40 minutes ago - 91 comments - by QB Eagles
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 183 comments - by NoLastName
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 44 minutes ago - 73 comments - by The Bully
  Greatest Mixtape Or Mixtape Series Ever
New reply 9 minutes ago - 83 comments - by killa the goat
  How You Can Get A New Ps4 For $275
New reply 57 minutes ago - 174 comments - by SpazzOut
 Video inside This Guy Asked A Homeless Man For A Slice Of Pizza. An...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 67 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 NBA Miami Was Using That Fake Crowd Noise Last Night
New reply 1 hour ago - 88 comments - by st21

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,833 fans of BX | none new today 4,800 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.