This is BX @ Boxden.com

Randy Pitchford to “lose a huge amount of money” over Aliens Colonial Marines backlash

Randy Pitchford to “lose a huge amount of money” over Aliens Colonial Marines backlash
topic by Jesszman - 02-19-2013, 12:34 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

Via the medium of Twitter, Randy Pitchford has asked that people only share positive opinions with him, after the Aliens Colonial Marines backlash.

Randy Pitchford is the CEO and public figurehead for Gearbox Games, the developer behind the much-derided Aliens: Colonial Marines. Released last week, ACM received a critical mauling, with a metacritic score of around 43. While using meta-critic to gauge a game’s worth isn’t always a particularly good idea, in this case it tells a tale of a game that was pretty much universally hated. As a result of this, Pitchford has received a lot of questions and angry remonstrations from members of the public and the gaming press, who feel there must be a story behind the shambolic state of ACM.
But Pitchford is in no mood to answer his critics, with the following tweet appearing today:

Followed by:

Answering one tweeter, Pitchford then went on to reveal that ACM’s poor performance could end up costing him personally:

Lewis Gibb @Weemanjoe
@DuvalMagic Then I yell "WHELP AT LEAST I'M MAKING MONEY! #### YOU ALL! #### YOU ALL!" the metaphors falling apart, you get my point.
Randy Pitchford @DuvalMagic

@Weemanjoe I'm afraid it looks like I will lose a huge amount of money. We pay for our education...

This all emerged after it was noticed this morning that Mr Pitchford was only replying to positive tweets about the game, coming from new accounts with only 1 or 2 tweets. It did not take very long for Twitter to allege that these accounts had been set up specifically to counter the flood of negative feedback on the game, which Mr Pitchford has since denied. One tweeter commented “They’re coming outta the goddamn walls!” (probably).
BeefJack | Randy Pitchford to “lose a huge amount of money” over Aliens Colonial Marines backlash

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

4 comments for "Randy Pitchford to “lose a huge amount of money” over Aliens Colonial Marines backlash"

02-19-2013, 10:15 PMaway - #2
Pleasure Boy 596 heat pts596

d 
space
$6,083 | POWERFUL
i was looking forward to this game, wtf is going on?
 02-19-2013, 10:22 PMonline - #3
beast1412 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$4,099 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Pleasure Boy
They pulled a bait and switch
 02-19-2013, 11:06 PMaway - #4
Young_ 235 heat pts235

d 
space
$20,687 | POWERFUL
what the hell happened?
 02-19-2013, 11:12 PMaway - #5
Jesszman 2173 heat pts2173

d 
space
$29,355 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Pleasure Boy
Originally Posted by Young_Impetuous
what the hell happened?

There you go.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Former NBA Player Rex Chapman Arrested For Stealing From..
56 comments
NCAAF CFB Week 4 Thread
348 comments
Article inside  Keyshia Cole BEAT UP girl in BIRDMAN's Condo
56 comments
  Unconfirmed Theories/opinions/rumors In Hip Hop You Pe...
New reply 1 minute ago - 83 comments - by True Sinister
 Video inside This Woman Takes A Photo Of Herself Every Day For 1 Ye...
New reply 57 minutes ago - 107 comments - by mrfreak76
  Kanye Lost: Kim K Nud3s Leaked On Twitter
New reply 19 minutes ago - 144 comments - by HeatMafia410
 Image(s) inside Sep 19 - Watch California Dry Up Right Before Your Eye...
New reply 1 hour ago - 62 comments - by cheenz
 Image(s) inside Sep 19 - Texas Wants To Execute Man Who Killed Home In...
New reply 47 minutes ago - 60 comments - by cheenz
 Image(s) inside Chiwire: Mubu Out Here Tellin
New reply 1 hour ago - 73 comments - by NoLastName
  Rappers That You Used To Bump Heavy But Then Completel...
New reply 47 minutes ago - 304 comments - by Slickems
 Video inside Daylyt Smokes His First Blunt Ever With Snoop And Murd...
New reply 1 hour ago - 80 comments - by Star

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.