Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

PS4 - Unreal Engine 4 - Elemental Tech Demo

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
216 viewing
 Image inside Chris Brown and Tyson Beckford beefing over a pic with karrueche? lmao
70 comments
most viewed right now
95 viewing
 NBA 8 Records LeBron James broke this season. Ooooh They Mad!
26 comments

top in section
35 viewing
 Image inside What yall think? Amber Rose
top in eyecandy
top in section
23 viewing
 Image inside Man says Wii burned him out of his home
top in games

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 PS4 - Unreal Engine 4 - Elemental Tech Demo
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
1057 pageviews
9 comments

EKEK 701 heat pts701 space
space
$6,480 | POWERFUL
http://www.gaming-age.com/2013/02/playstation-4-shows-off-unreal-engine-4/

Epic Games Demonstrates Unreal Engine 4 on the PlayStation 4 Computer Entertainment System

Epic Games today revealed a new version of its “Elemental” real-time demonstration, the premier showcase for the studio’s breakthrough Unreal Engine 4 game engine technology, running on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system at today’s PlayStation Meeting 2013.

“We are thrilled to build onto our long-established success with PlayStation,” said Tim Sweeney, Epic’s founder and chief executive officer. “Unreal Engine 4 is expertly designed for the next generation of game development and the outstanding power of PlayStation 4. Today’s demonstration offers a preview of what developers can accomplish using our tools to create games for PlayStation 4.”

In the new presentation, a scene featuring the fiery mallet-wielding Elemental knight picks up where the original demo ends. Unreal Engine 4’s high-end rendering capabilities are evident, as dynamic lighting and shadowing bring intensity to contrasting volcanic and snowy vistas. Real-time reflections, subsurface scattering and GPU-powered particle effects fill the screen space with visual gems as a new ice behemoth cracks free from a frozen mountain and emerges with a radiant, frosty bellow.
Props given to EKEK hot topic  (02-21-2013)

9 comments for "PS4 - Unreal Engine 4 - Elemental Tech Demo"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #2
SCRIP1ONER 4 heat pts space
space
$2,171 | 7866822
fu*k this i wanna see gameplay
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #3
WhoNextWithPlex 34 heat pts34 space
space
$7,916 | POWERFUL
im sorry. i dont mean to whine or sound like a bi*ch but this sh*t is seriously not impressing me. i dont think that ps3 could do the same thing thats not the case. i guess the improvement is just not that drastic for me. pretty disappointed to still see so many polygons (look at the boulders and chunks of rock flying around when sh*t explodes. thats ps1 type ish)

in that k!llzone 4 video its the exact same case. when the plane is landing in the city during the first minute or so and you can see another plane taking off from a landing pad below. the smoke from the exhaust looks sh*tty. same with the lights.

its not that i dont see any difference at all. i guess i was expecting some revolutionary sh*t. im sure a few years into the cycle something big will go down but for now im being cautious. especially with PC gaming the way its been. ps4 and xbox 720 look like something in between a 360 and a good gaming pc.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #4
silentdirt12 1 heat pts space
space
$205 | 596550
Sony should hit us with more if they want to improve sells. Samples and sh*t leave me unsatisfied. C'mon Sony.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - on now - #5
Arson 82 heat pts82 space
sh*t Skressful Bruh
space
$31,330 | POWERFUL
downgraded garbage

Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #6
RNOTY 53 heat pts53 space
^This sh*t HEAT^
space
$21,445 | POWERFUL
i seriously wasn't impressed, at first I wasnt going to say sh*t until I read "WhoNextWithPlex".

Ps4 just going to be slightly more colors, and textures and nothing truly ground breaking.

think I might stop gaming for a few years, sh*t is (and has already been) repetitive and boring.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #7
Ill Fred  space
^^In Love^^
space
$1,994 | 1699419
WhoNextWithPlex said:
im sorry. i dont mean to whine or sound like a bi*ch but this sh*t is seriously not impressing me. i dont think that ps3 could do the same thing thats not the case. i guess the improvement is just not that drastic for me. pretty disappointed to still see so many polygons (look at the boulders and chunks of rock flying around when sh*t explodes. thats ps1 type ish)

in that k!llzone 4 video its the exact same case. when the plane is landing in the city during the first minute or so and you can see another plane taking off from a landing pad below. the smoke from the exhaust looks sh*tty. same with the lights.

its not that i dont see any difference at all. i guess i was expecting some revolutionary sh*t. im sure a few years into the cycle something big will go down but for now im being cautious. especially with PC gaming the way its been. ps4 and xbox 720 look like something in between a 360 and a good gaming pc.
I agree....kinda. I think its gonna take a few more years to really get see some the new consoles true potential. With that being said..... Time will tell the truth my son.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #8
SpazzOut 55 heat pts55 space
space
$2,840 | POWERFUL
mehhh... looks just like ps3
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #9
WhoNextWithPlex 34 heat pts34 space
space
$7,916 | POWERFUL
Ill Fred said:
I agree....kinda. I think its gonna take a few more years to really get see some the new consoles true potential. With that being said..... Time will tell the truth my son.
agreed. only time will tell father
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - on now - #10
bigsyke19 13 heat pts13 space
N.I.G.G.A-Neg to Positive
space
$3,556 | 16103949
bullsh*t pc already has better graphics...fu*k sony and xbox.....if you gone charge people a 1000 dollars for a console make sure its quality you stupid fu*kers. im mad today....bi*ches

Home > all sections > BX GameSpot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
28 viewing
NBA Shaq chilling with his cousin "tiny"
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Image inside jazmine
65 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Video inside Welven "Deez Nuts" The Great Gets Pranked... Thinks He Gonna Smash Stri..
95 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
22 viewing
Image inside Damn after seeing this picture there is no way back for kanye
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Image inside What would you do if this dude slaps your girls ass?
160 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Article inside Kanye West SWISH to be released June 8th on Apple Istream
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Video inside Throwback: Jamie Foxx ends a comedian's life
118 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
12 viewing
NBA Kevin Durant is an avid drug user and should be suspended by the NBA
161 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
11 viewing
NBA Why must Lebron embarass the Hawks like this?
96 comments
@sports

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time