This is BX @ Boxden.com

PS4 - Unreal Engine 4 - Elemental Tech Demo

PS4 - Unreal Engine 4 - Elemental Tech Demo
topic by EKEK - 02-21-2013, 12:59 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

http://www.gaming-age.com/2013/02/playstation-4-shows-off-unreal-engine-4/

Epic Games Demonstrates Unreal Engine 4 on the PlayStation 4 Computer Entertainment System

Epic Games today revealed a new version of its “Elemental” real-time demonstration, the premier showcase for the studio’s breakthrough Unreal Engine 4 game engine technology, running on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system at today’s PlayStation Meeting 2013.

“We are thrilled to build onto our long-est@blished success with PlayStation,” said Tim Sweeney, Epic’s founder and chief executive officer. “Unreal Engine 4 is expertly designed for the next generation of game development and the outstanding power of PlayStation 4. Today’s demonstration offers a preview of what developers can accomplish using our tools to create games for PlayStation 4.”

In the new presentation, a scene featuring the fiery mallet-wielding Elemental knight picks up where the original demo ends. Unreal Engine 4’s high-end rendering capabilities are evident, as dynamic lighting and shadowing bring intensity to contrasting volcanic and snowy vistas. Real-time reflections, subsurface scattering and GPU-powered particle effects fill the screen space with visual gems as a new ice behemoth cracks free from a frozen mountain and emerges with a radiant, frosty bellow.

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

9 comments for "PS4 - Unreal Engine 4 - Elemental Tech Demo"

02-21-2013, 05:15 AMaway - #2
SCRIP1ONER 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,129 | 7831716
#### this i wanna see gameplay
 02-21-2013, 05:55 AMaway - #3
WhoNextWithPlex 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$6,850 | POWERFUL
im sorry. i dont mean to whine or sound like a #### but this #### is seriously not impressing me. i dont think that ps3 could do the same thing thats not the case. i guess the improvement is just not that drastic for me. pretty disappointed to still see so many polygons (look at the boulders and chunks of rock flying around when #### explodes. thats ps1 type ish)

in that k!llzone 4 video its the exact same case. when the plane is landing in the city during the first minute or so and you can see another plane taking off from a landing pad below. the smoke from the exhaust looks ####ty. same with the lights.

its not that i dont see any difference at all. i guess i was expecting some revolutionary ####. im sure a few years into the cycle something big will go down but for now im being cautious. especially with PC gaming the way its been. ps4 and xbox 720 look like something in between a 360 and a good gaming pc.
 02-22-2013, 06:53 AMaway - #4
silentdirt12 1 heat pts

d 
space
$205 | 596550
Sony should hit us with more if they want to improve sells. Samples and #### leave me unsatisfied. C'mon Sony.
 02-22-2013, 06:55 AMonline - #5
Arson 82 heat pts82

d 
space
$28,072 | POWERFUL
downgraded garbage

02-22-2013, 08:33 AMaway - #6
52:1 42 heat pts42

d 
space
$18,481 | POWERFUL
i seriously wasn't impressed, at first I wasnt going to say #### until I read "WhoNextWithPlex".

Ps4 just going to be slightly more colors, and textures and nothing truly ground breaking.

think I might stop gaming for a few years, #### is (and has already been) repetitive and boring.
 02-22-2013, 10:18 AMaway - #7
Ill Fred 

d 
space
$1,959 | 1678827
Originally Posted by WhoNextWithPlex
im sorry. i dont mean to whine or sound like a #### but this #### is seriously not impressing me. i dont think that ps3 could do the same thing thats not the case. i guess the improvement is just not that drastic for me. pretty disappointed to still see so many polygons (look at the boulders and chunks of rock flying around when #### explodes. thats ps1 type ish)

in that k!llzone 4 video its the exact same case. when the plane is landing in the city during the first minute or so and you can see another plane taking off from a landing pad below. the smoke from the exhaust looks ####ty. same with the lights.

its not that i dont see any difference at all. i guess i was expecting some revolutionary ####. im sure a few years into the cycle something big will go down but for now im being cautious. especially with PC gaming the way its been. ps4 and xbox 720 look like something in between a 360 and a good gaming pc.
I agree....kinda. I think its gonna take a few more years to really get see some the new consoles true potential. With that being said..... Time will tell the truth my son.
 02-22-2013, 10:43 AMaway - #8
SpazzOut 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,336 | 6989142
mehhh... looks just like ps3
 02-22-2013, 11:25 AMaway - #9
WhoNextWithPlex 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$6,850 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ill Fred
I agree....kinda. I think its gonna take a few more years to really get see some the new consoles true potential. With that being said..... Time will tell the truth my son.
agreed. only time will tell father
 02-22-2013, 11:58 AMaway - #10
bigsyke19 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$2,947 | 12204326
bull#### pc already has better graphics...#### sony and xbox.....if you gone charge people a 1000 dollars for a console make sure its quality you stupid ####ers. im mad today....####es

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Norris Cole New Jump-Off
79 comments
The Sopranos Ending 7 years later
52 comments
Image inside  A New NBA Live Screenshot
67 comments
 Image(s) inside Suge Knight Was Shot To Stop Release Of His Tell All B...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Chiwire Season 7?: Opps Shot At Bosstop 16 Times
New reply 28 minutes ago - 103 comments - by NoLastName
 NFL So Which Team Is Gonna Sign Aaron Hernandez When He Ge...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 64 comments - by Stackz
 NFL Nfl Giving Lifetime Ban For 2nd Domestic Violence Offe...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 136 comments - by prettyklever
 NFL Mike Vick Feels A Type Of Way
New reply 7 minutes ago - 59 comments - by tredub
 NCAAF Breaking : Usc Db Shaw Admitted To Lying About Ankle I...
New reply 36 minutes ago - 91 comments - by drama_kiNg
 Article inside Joe Budden Tweeting From Jail. :deadpg:
New reply 11 minutes ago - 85 comments - by Yung Dilla
 Video inside Charlamagne "snoop Is An Icon. Everyone Knows Sno...
New reply 36 minutes ago - 88 comments - by yo0123yo

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.