This is BX @ Boxden.com

PS All-Stars dev SuperBot layoffs

PS All-Stars dev SuperBot layoffs
topic by Kewop Decam - 01-25-2013, 06:57 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

This is what happens when you release a #### game

PS All-Stars dev SuperBot lays off unknown number of employees | Joystiq

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

87 comments for "PS All-Stars dev SuperBot layoffs"

01-25-2013, 06:59 PMaway - #2
Kewop Decam 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$6,413 | POWERFUL
weird thing, I had a friend who worked there and I talked to him about it and he said he was laid off 4 months ago and they pretty much gutted the company and kept few for DLC and then these are basically the dudes who got laid off today. And people ask me why I don't work in videogames anymore...
 01-25-2013, 07:01 PMaway - #3
Jesszman 2187 heat pts2187

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL
My condolences to those that got laid off. Hopefully they can find work soon.
 01-25-2013, 07:25 PMaway - #4
LaRy BLanco 463 heat pts463

d 
space
$36,734 | POWERFUL
biggest ps3 game of 2012
 01-25-2013, 07:31 PMaway - #5
Soraci7 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$13,732 | POWERFUL
Game is an utter #### stain. Played 15 minutes of it and proceeded to delete it. Menu, arcade mode, "final boss" just horrible quality.

They shouldn't be given another chance to make a game.
 01-25-2013, 07:37 PMaway - #6

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Soraci7
Game is an utter #### stain. Played 15 minutes of it and proceeded to delete it. Menu, arcade mode, "final boss" just horrible quality.

They shouldn't be given another chance to make a game.
You played the single player and decided it was ####.
 01-25-2013, 07:42 PMaway - #7
esneffoelgnairt 60 heat pts60

d 
space
$1,994 | POWERFUL
yeah I bought it for my kids and I play it all the time on my vita, I wont spend another penny on the DLC but its not as bad as the beta was.
 01-25-2013, 07:46 PMaway - #8

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by esneffoelgnairt
yeah I bought it for my kids and I play it all the time on my vita, I wont spend another penny on the DLC but its not as bad as the beta was.
thankfully kat and emmett are free.
 01-25-2013, 07:52 PMaway - #9
esneffoelgnairt 60 heat pts60

d 
space
$1,994 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
thankfully kat and emmett are free.
 01-25-2013, 07:53 PMaway - #10

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by esneffoelgnairt
 01-25-2013, 07:54 PMaway - #11
posterboy27 

d 
space
$197 | 967059
Great game
 01-25-2013, 08:41 PMaway - #12
Soraci7 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$13,732 | POWERFUL
You played the single player and decided it was ####.

No Jizz Dagai, but name a good quality f!ghting game that has a #### single player mode, I'll wait. It doesn't even have cutscenes, just still pictures....just #### production quality which is why they are getting laid off.

Also online is nothing special, the overall feel of the game is just lacking.

Just isnt a good f!ghting game, different characters don't have different combos. The controls are all the same for every character. The #### kinda #### is that.
 01-25-2013, 08:53 PMaway - #13

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL
No Jizz Dagai, but name a good quality f!ghting game that has a #### single player mode, I'll wait. It doesn't even have cutscenes, just still pictures....just #### production quality which is why they are getting laid off.

Just isnt a good f!ghting game, different characters don't have different combos. The controls are all the same for every character. The #### kinda #### is that.
That's how you know you didn't play the game. Try using Raiden, and then using the same combos for Fat Princess. Not even Cole and Evil Cole function the same.

Oh, and SSB - Brawl had #### stories. Except for this scene

All-Stars' single player was tacked on. It's all about the multiplayer with this game. I ran through the single player and almost quick after getting that platinum. It was horrible. Luckily I realized that the multiplayer was fun except a few imbalances. I'd suggest you re-download the game (since you bought it from psn) and try out the MP again, extensively.

Last edited by Jesszman; 01-25-2013 at 08:56 PM..
 01-25-2013, 10:15 PMaway - #14
fatboi1 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,287 | 12815376

Man wtf you talking about? You sure you played this?? I'm pretty sure Kratos doesn't play like Raiden or Radec. Stop spewing bs you sound ignorant. I'll say the presentation is low quality and lacking but the actual gameplay itself is alright. I went through a period of hating the game but I found myself playing it everyday on my Vita.
 01-26-2013, 12:52 AMaway - #15
Krazie 93 heat pts93

d 
space
$28,017 | POWERFUL
I hate when people get laid off, especially in the industry that I love....

But I called this #### 6-9 months ago.

01-26-2013, 01:22 AMaway - #16
Soraci7 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$13,732 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by fatboi1
Man wtf you talking about? You sure you played this?? I'm pretty sure Kratos doesn't play like Raiden or Radec. Stop spewing bs you sound ignorant. I'll say the presentation is low quality and lacking but the actual gameplay itself is alright. I went through a period of hating the game but I found myself playing it everyday on my Vita.
I dont think you are Jizzman are understanding. In games like mortal kombat each character had their own combination moves with the controller to do its own unique things.

In allstars the controls are all the same for every character, they just superficially look different on the screen.

To make it more clear:

Down, towards square with subzero on MK might not do #### with skorpion.

On allstars, down, towards square is the same universal move for every character. This game is a$s cheeks and I've played it with trophies to prove.

MP brings nothing new to the table that I havn't seen before, there's no reason to "extensively" play it in order to enjoy something.....that goes for anything.

20 minutes with this game and you'll see why people are losing their jobs.

Last edited by Soraci7; 01-26-2013 at 01:26 AM..
 01-26-2013, 01:33 AMaway - #17

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL
Again, that's not true. Forward squar for Kratos does an auto target chain pull towards you. The same with Cole either A) slides you across the ground which you can lead into a combo or B) Does Lightning Tether in the air and pulls you toward them for a combo. The same move with FP does nothing of note, just a standard attack. Nariko I believe does a cartwheel while twirling her swords. Radec is his knife blast which I believe hits you, teleports him behind you and then shoots you away which can then be comboed into his sniper move. Again, you clearly didn't play it enough to see any of this.

You didn't "play it". You played one arcade mode with Dante, did a tutorial and that was it.
 01-26-2013, 01:43 AMaway - #18
AyeDre 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$10,215 | POWERFUL
Game is trash. Glad I didn't spend money on it.
 01-26-2013, 02:21 AMaway - #19
Krazie 93 heat pts93

d 
space
$28,017 | POWERFUL
Again, that's not true. Forward squar for Kratos does an auto target chain pull towards you. The same with Cole either A) slides you across the ground which you can lead into a combo or B) Does Lightning Tether in the air and pulls you toward them for a combo. The same move with FP does nothing of note, just a standard attack. Nariko I believe does a cartwheel while twirling her swords. Radec is his knife blast which I believe hits you, teleports him behind you and then shoots you away which can then be comboed into his sniper move. Again, you clearly didn't play it enough to see any of this.

You didn't "play it". You played one arcade mode with Dante, did a tutorial and that was it.
The game is compete failure, as everyone predicted. Move on with your life and all of the losses you compiled in nearly a year promoting this game.

Everyone that knows anything about the industry knew it was a failure before it came out.
 01-26-2013, 02:24 AMaway - #20

d 
space
$29,651 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
The game is compete failure, as everyone predicted. Move on with your life and all of the losses you compiled in nearly a year promoting this game.

Everyone that knows anything about the industry knew it was a failure before it came out.
Considering their making a sequel....

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
BOX Manny Pacquiao vs Chris Algieri[11-22-14][HBO-PPV]
555 comments
NBA barkleys response to cousins "he can't whoop my ass"
51 comments
NBA LeQueef With Monster Rebound
61 comments
  Old School Video Games That Would Make Good Movies
New reply 52 seconds ago - 56 comments - by TrillTalk404
 Image(s) inside J.coles Fiancée
New reply 6 minutes ago - 141 comments - by incenso
 NBA Can The Problem Actually Be Lebron?
New reply 1 minute ago - 75 comments - by tygamann1
 NFL Aaron Rodgers Is On Another Level. Literally. (pro Foo...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 98 comments - by EGO
 Image(s) inside Quavo Got Two Brand New Yrn Chains
New reply 5 minutes ago - 180 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Image(s) inside Janice Dickinson Submits A 1982 Photo Of Bill Cosby In...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 111 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside Migos & Fans Response To Dc Goons For Doing The In...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 101 comments - by JNumbaNC
 MMA Ufc Fight Night 57: Edgar Vs. Swanson Official Discus...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 122 comments - by Gramz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,860 fans of BX | none new today 4,808 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.