Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

PS All-Stars dev SuperBot layoffs

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
113 viewing
 Image inside Kendrick Announces New Album "Untitled" March 23
76 comments
most viewed right now
81 viewing
Article inside Kim Kardashian Says She Has Sex "500 Times a Day"..
174 comments

top in section
52 viewing
Image inside Would you smash this billionaire for $1mil?
top in wild'ish
top in section
21 viewing
 Image inside The First Official Photos Of Melissa Benoist As "Supe..
top in movies

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 PS All-Stars dev SuperBot layoffs
topic by Kewop Decam - 01-25-2013, 06:57 PM


This is what happens when you release a sh-t game

PS All-Stars dev SuperBot lays off unknown number of employees | Joystiq


The following 2 BX residents gave props to Kewop Decam (Sent To 9,486 Subscribers)  LaRy BLanco (01-25-2013) , HEAT HOT TOPIC (Blog'd,RSS'd,Tweet'd and Facebook'd)  (01-26-2013)

87 comments for "PS All-Stars dev SuperBot layoffs"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


 01-25-2013, 06:59 PMonline - #2
Kewop Decam 43 heat pts43 space
avatar
space
$7,566 | POWERFUL
weird thing, I had a friend who worked there and I talked to him about it and he said he was laid off 4 months ago and they pretty much gutted the company and kept few for DLC and then these are basically the dudes who got laid off today. And people ask me why I don't work in videogames anymore...
 01-25-2013, 07:01 PMaway - #3
Jesszman 2200 heat pts2200 space
avatar
space
$29,809 | POWERFUL
My condolences to those that got laid off. Hopefully they can find work soon.
 01-25-2013, 07:25 PMaway - #4
LaRy BLanco 476 heat pts476 space
avatar
space
$37,174 | POWERFUL
biggest ps3 game of 2012
 01-25-2013, 07:31 PMaway - #5
Soraci7 34 heat pts34 space
avatar
space
$13,861 | POWERFUL
Game is an utter sh*t stain. Played 15 minutes of it and proceeded to delete it. Menu, arcade mode, "final boss" just horrible quality.

They shouldn't be given another chance to make a game.
 01-25-2013, 07:37 PMaway - #6
Jesszman 2200 heat pts2200 space
avatar
space
$29,809 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Soraci7
Game is an utter sh*t stain. Played 15 minutes of it and proceeded to delete it. Menu, arcade mode, "final boss" just horrible quality.

They shouldn't be given another chance to make a game.
You played the single player and decided it was sh*t.
 01-25-2013, 07:42 PMaway - #7
esneffoelgnairt 60 heat pts60 space
avatar
space
$1,994 | POWERFUL
yeah I bought it for my kids and I play it all the time on my vita, I wont spend another penny on the DLC but its not as bad as the beta was.
 01-25-2013, 07:46 PMaway - #8
Jesszman 2200 heat pts2200 space
avatar
space
$29,809 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by esneffoelgnairt
yeah I bought it for my kids and I play it all the time on my vita, I wont spend another penny on the DLC but its not as bad as the beta was.
thankfully kat and emmett are free.
 01-25-2013, 07:52 PMaway - #9
esneffoelgnairt 60 heat pts60 space
avatar
space
$1,994 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
thankfully kat and emmett are free.
 01-25-2013, 07:53 PMaway - #10
Jesszman 2200 heat pts2200 space
avatar
space
$29,809 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by esneffoelgnairt
 01-25-2013, 07:54 PMaway - #11
posterboy27  space
avatar
space
$200 | 967060
Great game
 01-25-2013, 08:41 PMaway - #12
Soraci7 34 heat pts34 space
avatar
space
$13,861 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
You played the single player and decided it was sh*t.

No Jizz Dagai, but name a good quality f!ghting game that has a sh*t single player mode, I'll wait. It doesn't even have cutscenes, just still pictures....just sh*t production quality which is why they are getting laid off.

Also online is nothing special, the overall feel of the game is just lacking.

Just isnt a good f!ghting game, different characters don't have different combos. The controls are all the same for every character. The fu*k kinda sh*t is that.
 01-25-2013, 08:53 PMaway - #13
Jesszman 2200 heat pts2200 space
avatar
space
$29,809 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Soraci7
No Jizz Dagai, but name a good quality f!ghting game that has a sh*t single player mode, I'll wait. It doesn't even have cutscenes, just still pictures....just sh*t production quality which is why they are getting laid off.

Also online is nothing special, the overall feel of the game is just lacking.

Just isnt a good f!ghting game, different characters don't have different combos. The controls are all the same for every character. The fu*k kinda sh*t is that.
That's how you know you didn't play the game. Try using Raiden, and then using the same combos for Fat Princess. Not even Cole and Evil Cole function the same.

Oh, and SSB - Brawl had sh*t stories. Except for this scene





All-Stars' single player was tacked on. It's all about the multiplayer with this game. I ran through the single player and almost quick after getting that platinum. It was horrible. Luckily I realized that the multiplayer was fun except a few imbalances. I'd suggest you re-download the game (since you bought it from psn) and try out the MP again, extensively.

Last edited by Jesszman; 01-25-2013 at 08:56 PM..
 01-25-2013, 10:15 PMaway - #14
fatboi1 6 heat pts space
avatar
space
$3,287 | 12815376
Originally Posted by Soraci7
No Jizz Dagai, but name a good quality f!ghting game that has a sh*t single player mode, I'll wait. It doesn't even have cutscenes, just still pictures....just sh*t production quality which is why they are getting laid off.

Also online is nothing special, the overall feel of the game is just lacking.

Just isnt a good f!ghting game, different characters don't have different combos. The controls are all the same for every character. The fu*k kinda sh*t is that.
Man wtf you talking about? You sure you played this?? I'm pretty sure Kratos doesn't play like Raiden or Radec. Stop spewing bs you sound ignorant. I'll say the presentation is low quality and lacking but the actual gameplay itself is alright. I went through a period of hating the game but I found myself playing it everyday on my Vita.
 01-26-2013, 12:52 AMonline - #15
Krazie 96 heat pts96 space
avatar
space
$30,468 | POWERFUL
I hate when people get laid off, especially in the industry that I love....

But I called this sh*t 6-9 months ago.

 01-26-2013, 01:22 AMaway - #16
Soraci7 34 heat pts34 space
avatar
space
$13,861 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by fatboi1
Man wtf you talking about? You sure you played this?? I'm pretty sure Kratos doesn't play like Raiden or Radec. Stop spewing bs you sound ignorant. I'll say the presentation is low quality and lacking but the actual gameplay itself is alright. I went through a period of hating the game but I found myself playing it everyday on my Vita.
I dont think you are Jizzman are understanding. In games like mortal kombat each character had their own combination moves with the controller to do its own unique things.

In allstars the controls are all the same for every character, they just superficially look different on the screen.

To make it more clear:

Down, towards square with subzero on MK might not do sh*t with skorpion.

On allstars, down, towards square is the same universal move for every character. This game is a.ss cheeks and I've played it with trophies to prove.

MP brings nothing new to the table that I havn't seen before, there's no reason to "extensively" play it in order to enjoy something.....that goes for anything.

20 minutes with this game and you'll see why people are losing their jobs.

Last edited by Soraci7; 01-26-2013 at 01:26 AM..
 01-26-2013, 01:33 AMaway - #17
Jesszman 2200 heat pts2200 space
avatar
space
$29,809 | POWERFUL
Again, that's not true. Forward squar for Kratos does an auto target chain pull towards you. The same with Cole either A) slides you across the ground which you can lead into a combo or B) Does Lightning Tether in the air and pulls you toward them for a combo. The same move with FP does nothing of note, just a standard attack. Nariko I believe does a cartwheel while twirling her swords. Radec is his knife blast which I believe hits you, teleports him behind you and then shoots you away which can then be comboed into his sniper move. Again, you clearly didn't play it enough to see any of this.


You didn't "play it". You played one arcade mode with Dante, did a tutorial and that was it.
 01-26-2013, 01:43 AMaway - #18
AyeDre 12 heat pts12 space
avatar
space
$10,273 | POWERFUL
Game is trash. Glad I didn't spend money on it.
 01-26-2013, 02:21 AMonline - #19
Krazie 96 heat pts96 space
avatar
space
$30,468 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
Again, that's not true. Forward squar for Kratos does an auto target chain pull towards you. The same with Cole either A) slides you across the ground which you can lead into a combo or B) Does Lightning Tether in the air and pulls you toward them for a combo. The same move with FP does nothing of note, just a standard attack. Nariko I believe does a cartwheel while twirling her swords. Radec is his knife blast which I believe hits you, teleports him behind you and then shoots you away which can then be comboed into his sniper move. Again, you clearly didn't play it enough to see any of this.


You didn't "play it". You played one arcade mode with Dante, did a tutorial and that was it.
The game is compete failure, as everyone predicted. Move on with your life and all of the losses you compiled in nearly a year promoting this game.

Everyone that knows anything about the industry knew it was a failure before it came out.
 01-26-2013, 02:24 AMaway - #20
Jesszman 2200 heat pts2200 space
avatar
space
$29,809 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
The game is compete failure, as everyone predicted. Move on with your life and all of the losses you compiled in nearly a year promoting this game.

Everyone that knows anything about the industry knew it was a failure before it came out.
Considering their making a sequel....
 

Home > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
46 viewing
Image inside Selena Gomez Looking Good Out & About In Los Angeles
27 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
34 viewing
Video inside 50 Cent Speaks On His Son's $700k Deal, The Beast E..
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
29 viewing
Guy smokes weed and decides its a good time to suck off a ..
95 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Image inside She thick though  
40 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Video inside Michael "No N****s" Jordan Dancing To Nicki Minaj's..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Article inside This is the Article Dame Referred to when he spok..
164 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Video inside Game Theory: Toad's DEADLY Secret (Super Mario Bros.)
31 comments
@games
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside Mar 5 - REPORT: ISIS 'Bulldozes' Ancient Nimrud Ar..
66 comments
@news
most viewed right now
9 viewing
New Jay Elect   
62 comments
@hiphop


contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time.