This is BX @ Boxden.com

PlayStation All-Stars Matches Wits with Halo 4 and AC3

PlayStation All-Stars Matches Wits with Halo 4 and AC3
topic by Jesszman - 12-28-2012, 03:21 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PlayStation 3 | GameStop

Halo 4 for Xbox 360 | GameStop

Assassin's Creed III for Xbox 360 | GameStop

All the same price > PlayStation All-Stars Matches Wits with Halo 4 and AC3 - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below! All-Stars did it.

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

74 comments for "PlayStation All-Stars Matches Wits with Halo 4 and AC3"

12-28-2012, 05:08 AMaway - #2
One Gud Cide 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$8,742 | POWERFUL
you're....bragging about sale prices now? want me to post the sales chart again
 12-28-2012, 06:15 AMaway - #3
Jesszman 2182 heat pts2182

d 
space
$29,556 | POWERFUL
Almost 100% of the population still plays. Can't say that about Halo
 12-28-2012, 07:03 AMaway - #4
sigNN 9 heat pts

d 
space
$3,966 | POWERFUL
is this #### worth been syking my self from getting it
 12-28-2012, 07:36 AMaway - #5
one2remember 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,999 | 14727088
the population is about 12 people for that game. congrats.
ur rationale man....its the reason we #### with u.youre like the ignorant little brother we wish was aborted
 12-28-2012, 08:29 AMaway - #6
Acid Rap 77 heat pts77

d 
space
$8,867 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LAZARO
is this #### worth been syking my self from getting it
No. Not for $40. This #### will be under $20 before spring is over. Just wait. Jess is the only person here that gives half a #### about this flop.
 12-28-2012, 09:37 AMaway - #7
fatboi1 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,287 | 12815376
PASBR sold close to 300K according to VGchartz.

It was the 2nd best selling game on PSN behind AC3.

The sales chart on VGchartz really don't account for digital sales and a few retail stores.

This game for the budget may have already made a profit and dudes are calling it a major flop.

*Lightbulb*
this game wasn't developed with a $50 million budget so it doesn't need to sell 1 million to make a profit.

Bunch of retards on here.

If we are going to go by VGchartz then understand it's not accurate.

I have absolutely no care in the world about the game "b0mbing" or success but there are some stupid things being thrown around.

VGchartz shows Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as only selling roughly 500K but Namco themselves just posted their report for it as 840,000 sold for just Japan and Europe.

If they can be wrong about Tekken which we all know is a well est@blished franchise then we can easily put away the thinking that this game is saleswise a dud. I don't see any threads about that game "b0mbing" according to VGchartz across MULTIPLE systems AND which is a household f!ghting game. It's safe to say that you can't trust VGchartz or anything unless it comes straight from the horse's mouth.

That whole 150k All Stars sales chart is misleading and erroneous.

I'm not saying you should like the game or think it's amazing as far as I'm concerned the game is "okay" to me but this whole sales thing is just stupid fanboy stimuli which is incorrect.

Last edited by fatboi1; 12-28-2012 at 09:50 AM..
 12-28-2012, 09:40 AMaway - #8

d 
space
$29,556 | POWERFUL
It's BX, what do you expect. Anyway, just a few more weeks until Kat
 12-28-2012, 09:40 AMaway - #9
Da Ill One|M 3623 heat pts3623

d 
space
$40,050 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by fatboi1
PASBR sold close to 300K according to VGchartz.

It was the 2nd best selling game on PSN behind AC3.

The sales really don't account for digital sales.

This game for the budget may have already made a profit and dudes are calling it a major flop.
Lightbulb this game wasn't developed on some Uncharted budget so it doesn't need to sell 1 million to make a profit.

Bunch of retards on here.
VGCHartz is SHIPPED not Sold... the thread what's his name posted with the NPD Numbers said it sold less then 200K...
 12-28-2012, 09:41 AMaway - #10

d 
space
$29,556 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
VGCHartz is SHIPPED not Sold... the thread what's his name posted with the NPD Numbers said it sold less then 200K...
And yet those sales don't account for digital sales. Hell, the game isn't even out in Japan yet.
 12-28-2012, 09:48 AMaway - #11

d 
space
$40,050 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
And yet those sales don't account for digital sales. Hell, the game isn't even out in Japan yet.
I know they don't account for digital sales...I was stating a fact that the ACTUAL boxed games sales aren't near 300k...don't know what the budget is (can't find out) so we can't figure out how many they have to sell to break even...but my best guess would be a little over 600 thousand copies since it's a Sony first party dev and they get a bigger split then third parties do... it'll probably sell that over the course of it's lifetime, (if the digital sales don't make it close already) but
 12-28-2012, 09:49 AMaway - #12
HiRolliN 103 heat pts103

d 
space
$15,248 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Acid Rap
No. Not for $40. This #### will be under $20 before spring is over. Just wait. Jess is the only person here that gives half a #### about this flop.
aint no one gonna be playing it online in a few months since GTA-V will be out during spring lol
 12-28-2012, 09:50 AMaway - #13

d 
space
$29,556 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by HiRolliN
aint no one gonna be playing it online in a few months since GTA-V will be out during sprind lol
 12-28-2012, 10:01 AMaway - #14
fatboi1 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,287 | 12815376
Actually the NPD sales were for the month of November.

The game came out the 20th of November and literally only accounted it's sales for about 10 days no digital sales included. 80K just PS3 version since Vita version was bundled with the game. Vita Sold 8K I believe. I would deduce that the majority of people bought the game on PS3 and used the Vita download or some people bought the code from someone else. I know plenty of people that bought it like that. Like I said there seems to be a lot of people on my friends list, other forums and real life that I know that bought the game.

VGchartz is shipped you say?? It reports halo 4 as about 4 million shipped/sold when M$ said it "sold" 4 million. Is M$ saying it sold 4 million or shipped??

It'd be almost impossible to account EVERY sale for a game nowadays.

"Shipped" is the most accurate as they ship an amount to stores based on sales estimations so they count those as sales. They wouldn't be able to monitor EACH transaction.

Either way you look at it, if Halo 4 sold 4 million then how come less than 100K people are online at any given time?

Even if you factor in peak times and daily count reaching close to 1 million players a day, that's still 3 million players not playing online.

Black Ops or MW3 at any given time had close to 1 million players online on just PS3. If daily players were counted than it probably rose up to a few million a day and then across systems it would reach almost the same amount as it's sales were reported.

Last edited by fatboi1; 12-28-2012 at 10:11 AM..
 12-28-2012, 10:06 AMaway - #15

d 
space
$29,556 | POWERFUL
 12-28-2012, 10:16 AMaway - #16

d 
space
$40,050 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by fatboi1
Actually the NPD sales were for the month of November.

The game came out the 20th of November and literally only accounted it's sales for about 10 days no digital sales included. 80K just PS3 version since Vita version was bundled with the game. Vita Sold 8K I believe. I would deduce that the majority of people bought the game on PS3 and used the Vita download or some people bought the code from someone else. I know plenty of people that bought it like that. Like I said there seems to be a lot of people on my friends list, other forums and real life that I know that bought the game.

VGchartz is shipped you say?? It reports halo 4 as about 4 million shipped/sold when M$ said it "sold" 4 million. Is M$ saying it sold 4 million or shipped??

It'd be almost impossible to account EVERY sale for a game nowadays.

Ship is the most accurate as they ship an amount to stores so they count those as sales. They wouldn't be able to monitor EACH transaction.

Either way you look at it, if Halo 4 sold 4 million then how come less than 100K people are online at any given time? Even if you factor in peak times and daily count reaching close to 1 million players a day, that's still 3 million players not playing online.
VGCHartz says that as of 15th Dec 2012 Global Total (units) of PSASBR is at 0.28m (280 thousand on the PS3) and .008 (80 thousand) on the Vita...you say it came out November 20th...so that's pretty much a month of sales not 10 days...

so yes SONY has SOLD 280 thousand hard copies to stores and retailers but like it's been explained ALOT before...

VGCHARTZ is "Shipped" thats the info they have...

MS, Sony and Nintendo actually SOLD the numbers they report... so for example PSASBR SHIPPED 280k copies which SONY sold to the stores... but as far as actual consumer sales they never release those numbers because they don't want the competitors to know yeah there's still 275k copies sitting on store shelves... so yes MS actually SOLD 4 million copies of Halo 4 but they only got into the hands of consumers about 3.3 million of those at the time of the NPD...

and you also said "I would deduce that the majority of people bought the game on PS3 and used the Vita download or some people bought the code from someone else. I know plenty of people that bought it like that." that doesn't count as a sale of the game for Sony...so that actually hurt Sony sales

and I don't know why only 100K of halo 4 players are online...there could be thousands of reasons why... (maybe the game sucks, maybe Halo has passed it's "good" stage, maybe there's this other online monster that came out the week after Halo 4 called Black Ops II which sold alot of copies and is VERY popular online, maybe there's other games like Hitman and various other games that came out that other people want to play more... I don't know 2.9 million people's reason for not playing online...

Last edited by Da Ill One; 12-28-2012 at 10:19 AM..
 12-28-2012, 10:24 AMaway - #17
DJ EM Double 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,258 | 20453532
Ok let me get this straight Halo 4 sold over 4 million units but has some how topped off at around 100K people online at any given time during the day and this right here is the damning piece of evidence that proves that this money making record breaking game is a failure????

This is the best you can come up with and then you compare this to a game that hasn't even cracked 1 million units yet i'm so ####ing done

isn't there some place you should be right now?

Originally Posted by Jesszman
 12-28-2012, 10:28 AMaway - #18
fatboi1 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,287 | 12815376
VGCHartz says that as of 15th Dec 2012 Global Total (units) of PSASBR is at 0.28m (280 thousand on the PS3) and .008 (80 thousand) on the Vita...you say it came out November 20th...so that's pretty much a month of sales not 10 days...

so yes SONY has SOLD 280 thousand hard copies to stores and retailers but like it's been explained ALOT before...

VGCHARTZ is "Shipped" thats the info they have...
Exactly like I said that number may not be totally accurate shipped or "sold" because in the example I posted VGchartz shows TTT2 as roughly 500K sold across multiple systems where as Namco Bandai themselves reported that the game sold over 800K in just Japan and EU.

Either VGchartz is telling the truth and Namco is lying or vice versa.

MS, Sony and Nintendo actually SOLD the numbers they report... so for example PSASBR SHIPPED 280k copies which SONY sold to the stores... but as far as actual consumer sales they never release those numbers because they don't want the competitors to know yeah there's still 275k copies sitting on store shelves... so yes MS actually SOLD 4 million copies of Halo 4 but they only got into the hands of consumers about 3.3 million of those at the time of the NPD...
Yea I know. It still doesn't prove anything since we don't know how many it sold via PSN and how much of the copies Sony "sold" to retailers actually were purchased and the other stores NPD doesn't count(Walmart).

and you also said "I would deduce that the majority of people bought the game on PS3 and used the Vita download or some people bought the code from someone else. I know plenty of people that bought it like that." that doesn't count as a sale of the game for Sony...so that actually hurt Sony sales
I know I'm just saying as far as how many actual players have the game.

and I don't know why only 100K of halo 4 players are online...there could be thousands of reasons why... (maybe the game sucks, maybe Halo has passed it's "good" stage, maybe there's this other online monster that came out the week after Halo 4 called Black Ops II which sold alot of copies and is VERY popular online, maybe there's other games like Hitman and various other games that came out that other people want to play more... I don't know 2.9 million people's reason for not playing online...
Me neither but I just brought up Halo because whenever sales for Sony games get brought up and someone makes a point using a Xbox game these stans get butthurt and try to label you as delusional and farsighted.
 12-28-2012, 10:33 AMaway - #19

d 
space
$40,050 | POWERFUL
^^^ Ahh Ok I get your points...I thought you were trying to say something else originally... but Sony seems happy with the sales of PSASBR...so if they are happy than that's all that matters...
 12-28-2012, 10:37 AMaway - #20
fatboi1 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,287 | 12815376
Originally Posted by DJ EM Double
Ok let me get this straight Halo 4 sold over 4 million units but has some how topped off at around 100K people online at any given time during the day and this right here is the damning piece of evidence that proves that this money making record breaking game is a failure????

This is the best you can come up with and then you compare this to a game that hasn't even cracked 1 million units yet i'm so ####ing done

isn't there some place you should be right now?

That's a big deal imo because if Halo is supposedly the better game compared to Black Ops and other online games the population should be WAY higher.

This world unfortunately isn't just so actual quality can be far less received compared to junk products.

Plenty of players on Halo Waypoint forums and Neogaf are complaining and expressing their concerns with the changes to the MP and lots of things that can be seen as rushed.
My issues with Halo 4 is the playlist fragmentation i.e. the maps being split up for BTB and regular slayer, COD-esque features that ruin balance such as the DMR being the dominant weapon which cripples map movement, loadouts in general, ordinance drops and lag to name a few.

Whether or not you see it as a failure is up to the eyes of the individual but to see a game touted as the juggernaut of MP gaming reach so low population numbers in a matter of weeks compared to other games and it's own predecessors it's a bit striking.

BF3 as of right now as 67K players online on the PS3 version. That's a game that's over a year old and it's close to Halo 4 which is a game that JUST came out and is touted as the grand daddy of MP gaming?? Yea something is wrong.

Comparing Halo to this game is stupid as they are two different games catered to two different demographics and even then the target for this game would be considered a niche.

You can't compare a game that has a decade long legacy and is revered by it's fans as the holy grail of first person shooters to a game made for Playstation fans that doesn't even comprise the most popular Playstation IP's due to licensing and other obstacles.

Last edited by fatboi1; 12-28-2012 at 10:41 AM..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Xbox One's struggles are traceable to one bad decision
72 comments
Microsoft Investigating Xbox Owners for Fraudulently Refunding ..
81 comments
NFL Dallas Cowboys fans are losing their minds
57 comments
 Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Responds To Drake & Wayne ...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 105 comments - by Frankybaby
 NBA Official Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs Chicago Bull
New reply 54 minutes ago - 1374 comments - by Akira Son Bio
 Image(s) inside Nas Gettin Sucked Off By Madonna In The Studio (pic)
New reply 10 minutes ago - 129 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 NFL Halloween Costume
New reply 57 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Frasier
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 217 comments - by NoLastName
 Video inside Daylyt Video In A Nice Pink Dress And Thot Wear Dissin...
New reply 59 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Star
 Image(s) inside Pic Of Kidd Kidd Ridin Around In Niissan
New reply 33 minutes ago - 57 comments - by ajeana
 audio inside Nas - The Season (full Version)
New reply 1 hour ago - 120 comments - by MANNYSOSA

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,834 fans of BX | none new today 4,801 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.