This is BX @ Boxden.com


PC games sales up 230%, Console game sales down 28%


 PC games sales up 230%, Console game sales down 28%
 07-13-2012, 01:17 AMonline - #101
Arson 82 heat pts82

  d 
space
$28,103 | POWERFUL
I'm about to make to the switch to gaming on pc exclusively since I discovered that magic that is XBMC
 07-13-2012, 01:31 AMaway - #102
DominationCM 19 heat pts19

  d 
space
$6,901 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Arson
I'm about to make to the switch to gaming on pc exclusively since I discovered that magic that is XBMC
you and me both.....well almost I gotta cop the Wii U. i been a console gamer all my life its time for an upgrade
 07-13-2012, 02:21 AMaway - #103
Cya Nerd 162 heat pts162

  d 
space
$14,689 | POWERFUL
People are dumb


I grew up playing consoles but made the switch over to PC years ago it's 100x better


this ####ing steam summer sale is burning the credit card
 07-13-2012, 04:50 AMaway - #104
ILayLowFoShow 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$550 | 3050155
Originally Posted by shaneinsane
People are dumb


I grew up playing consoles but made the switch over to PC years ago it's 100x better


this ####ing steam summer sale is burning the credit card
People like what they like....I grew up on Consoles, but I also made the switch to PC...But I will still play the exclusives on the 360 and the PS3...Can't play Uncharted,God of War and The Show on my PC...Can't play Halo or Gears on my PC either.....And when The Xbox 720 and PS4 come out, I will cop them too...

I just wish that they would Bring Madden back to the PC...

Last edited by ILayLowFoShow; 07-13-2012 at 04:59 AM..
 07-13-2012, 07:04 AMaway - #105
PhrozenMenace 

  d 
space
$11,434 | POWERFUL
true dat laylow,true that...















DIO loves his consoles thou,the way hes always unimpressed with PC seems like he had a personal tragedy that left him permanently scarred...sometimes it seems like people force themselves to not understand sh,it though,is it some loyalty ish?





but ####is what it is....people like what they like as laylow stated..
 07-13-2012, 07:10 AMaway - #106
Da Ill One|M 3534 heat pts3534

  d 
space
$39,284 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PhrozenMenace
true dat laylow,true that...
DIO loves his consoles thou,the way hes always unimpressed with PC seems like he had a personal tragedy that left him permanently scarred...sometimes it seems like people force themselves to not understand sh,it though,is it some loyalty ish?
but ####is what it is....people like what they like as laylow stated..
no tragedy here fam, I just haven't seen anything to blow me away like I Said...I'm NOT a graphics wh#re...so that extra draw Distance, and 1080p Max settings on the PC don't impress me enough to be like "wow I need to put the money towards this... I'm happy with the consoles that's all... I use my computer for work and web related stuff ...my gaming consoles I game on...
 07-13-2012, 07:38 AMaway - #107
IronMaiden 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$12,119 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
Most console games are 720p that's HD... are they full 1080p? no not many but 720p/1080i is HD
To be fair a good amount of games on consoles aren't HD, they are upscaled to 720p

Just to name a few off the top of my head

Battlefield 3 runs @ 1280x704
Halo Reach runs @ 1152 x 720
Alan Wake runs @ 960x544
COD (i know MW/MW2 and BO all run @) 1024x600 - 1024x608

And a good 80% have 0 AA and run around 30fps (excluding f!ghter/racers, this generation has been good about giving both genres 60fps)

Not all games are under 1280x720 but a good amount are and even the ones that do run @720 use blurring filters, no AA etc.

Originally Posted by DarkSidesHero
I find this entire post comical.



I find this funny considering none of us PC gamers on the site brag about how much we spent on our PCs. In fact we actually sit here and show you guys that say you need to spend $1000 how you DON'T need to spend that much to have a good rig. Of course that gets over looked though.
Exactly, kids keep acting like you gotta spend $8000 to build a PC.


And people saying you have to upgrade every few years is bull####, my secondary PC rig hasn't been upgraded in almost 5 years and it still runs everything on the market better then on PC's. We brag? about what? not once have i ever said the specific amount i spent all i said was they run better, look better and for the most part you can get all the games cheaper.

And like i said before if you just want to play on consoles that's awesome, i don't give a ####.

Last edited by IronMaiden; 07-13-2012 at 07:49 AM..
 07-13-2012, 09:52 AMonline - #108
LaRy BLanco 428 heat pts428

  d 
space
$34,613 | POWERFUL
only thing about PC gaming that impressed me is MODS

other than that I'd rather game on my consoles


like ive said b4, ive spent $1300 on a all in one PC just to be disappointed that it cant even run most games properly


and besides.....I cant believe the GOAT hasent even dropped for the PC

 07-13-2012, 09:54 AMaway - #109
DarkSidesHero 304 heat pts304

  d 
space
$8,933 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LAwLB15


like ive said b4, ive spent $1300 on a all in one PC just to be disappointed that it cant even run most games properly
 07-13-2012, 10:03 AMonline - #110
LaRy BLanco 428 heat pts428

  d 
space
$34,613 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DarkSidesHero

shyt sucks

last game I tried playing was the witcher 2 and it lagged llike a mothafuqa so I just gave up


now I have it on my 360 and it looks & runs beautifully
 07-13-2012, 10:26 AMonline - #111
HiRolliN 102 heat pts102

  d 
space
$14,777 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LAwLB15
only thing about PC gaming that impressed me is MODS

other than that I'd rather game on my consoles


like ive said b4, ive spent $1300 on a all in one PC just to be disappointed that it cant even run most games properly


and besides.....I cant believe the GOAT hasent even dropped for the PC

you need to ask for you money back
EDIT - i seen all in one pc in the post. those PC's werent meant for gaming. they put a good processor in those PC's but they put ####ty graphics chip in them which is why you cant play games.

did you not look at the specs of the computer before you bought it????

Last edited by HiRolliN; 07-13-2012 at 10:32 AM..
 07-13-2012, 10:45 AMaway - #112
Jesszman 2162 heat pts2162

  d 
space
$29,272 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by HiRolliN
you need to ask for you money back
EDIT - i seen all in one pc in the post. those PC's werent meant for gaming. they put a good processor in those PC's but they put ####ty graphics chip in them which is why you cant play games.

did you not look at the specs of the computer before you bought it????
 07-13-2012, 10:45 AMonline - #113
LaRy BLanco 428 heat pts428

  d 
space
$34,613 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by HiRolliN
you need to ask for you money back
EDIT - i seen all in one pc in the post. those PC's werent meant for gaming. they put a good processor in those PC's but they put ####ty graphics chip in them which is why you cant play games.

did you not look at the specs of the computer before you bought it????
naa I didnt buy it for PC gaming so it didnt matter to me @ the time

but u would think a PC @ that price would b able to run all games fine

consoles>>>>
 07-13-2012, 10:49 AMaway - #114
RaptorsWon 187 heat pts187

  d 
space
$19,036 | POWERFUL
People like what they like, but the PC can do EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING that a console can do, only better... Its all preference, I really don't know how Console fans can argue anything else other than preference...
 07-13-2012, 10:49 AMonline - #115
HiRolliN 102 heat pts102

  d 
space
$14,777 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LAwLB15
naa I didnt buy it for PC gaming so it didnt matter to me @ the time

but u would think a PC @ that price would b able to run all games fine

consoles>>>>


you paid for the stylish look of the PC not the performance thats were you ####ed up cuz now you own PC that you will NEVER be able to upgrade.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 07-13-2012 at 10:56 AM..
 07-13-2012, 10:53 AMonline - #116
LaRy BLanco 428 heat pts428

  d 
space
$34,613 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Russ369
People like what they like, but high-end PCs can do EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING that a console can do, only better... Its all preference, I really don't know how Console fans can argue anything else other than preference...
fixed
 07-13-2012, 10:57 AMonline - #117
LaRy BLanco 428 heat pts428

  d 
space
$34,613 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by HiRolliN


you paid for the stylish look of the pc not the performance thats were you ####ed up cuz now you own PC that you will NEVER be able to upgrade.
no but thats the thing I did get it for performance, it runs everything else beautifully

but it lags on newer games that require u to have a-blow-it-out-ur a$s graphics card

and who says All-In-One PCs cant be upgraded? I can upgrade the memory,HDD,video card ect. right now if I wanted to but I aint paying all that $$$ just to play games on my PC when my 360 (which was alot cheaper) is 7 feet away from me
 07-13-2012, 10:58 AMaway - #118
ILayLowFoShow 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$550 | 3050155
Originally Posted by LAwLB15
fixed
You don't need a high end computer..that's what we keep trying to tell you
 07-13-2012, 11:00 AMonline - #119
LaRy BLanco 428 heat pts428

  d 
space
$34,613 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ILayLowFoShow
You don't need a high end computer..that's what we keep trying to tell you
ummm yea u do

and whats crazy is I HAVE A HIGH-END PC and its still not good enough to run these newer games properly
 07-13-2012, 11:00 AMonline - #120
HiRolliN 102 heat pts102

  d 
space
$14,777 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LAwLB15
no but thats the thing I did get it for performance, it runs everything else beautifully

but it lags on newer games that require u to have a-blow-it-out-ur a$s graphics card

and who says All-In-One PCs cant be upgraded? I can upgrade the memory,HDD,video card ect. right now if I wanted to but I aint paying all that $$$ just to play games on my PC when my 360 (which was alot cheaper) is 7 feet away from me
what type of all in one pc do you have cuz id like to if it has a x16 PCI express slot to fit a video card?
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Bills center Eric Wood says NFL teams are avoiding signi..
79 comments
NFL Alex Smith got paid
60 comments
NFL Rams will NOT add Michael Sam to practice squad
76 comments
 Article inside Drake Signs Ilovemakonnen To Ovo
New reply 4 minutes ago - 139 comments - by PotheadFocker
 NFL No Bias: Cam, Kaep Or Rivers?
New reply 9 minutes ago - 69 comments - by b_eazy
 NBA Lakers Could Trade Julius Randle For Rajon Rondo
New reply 5 minutes ago - 53 comments - by italiansteve
 Image(s) inside Apparently Dude "tried" To Snatch Quavo (mig...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 207 comments - by Just Jimmy
 Image(s) inside Saw This Sh-t On The News Today...i Went To High Schoo...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 77 comments - by bunnz17
 Video inside This Just In: Hitman Holla Was In A Bad Car Accident
New reply 22 minutes ago - 63 comments - by Guvnor
  Aug 31 - Breaking: Celebrity Nude Leak
New reply 8 minutes ago - 387 comments - by AlienGod
 NFL Rgiii: "we Fixed What We Needed To Fix On Offense...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 52 comments - by rayraysray

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.