This is BX @ Boxden.com

Nintendo DS Lite outsells PS2 and PSP combined

New replies will show automatically every 5 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Nintendo DS Lite outsells PS2 and PSP combined
 04-08-2006, 04:33 PMaway - #21
Styl3s 

d 
space
$10,696 | 15122764
and like i said, better screen, better audio

psp > DS

get off ds's nuts, everything ds can do, psp does better

thats just a fact.. movies look better, games look better, everything is just BETTER. and you dont have to buy anything extra.. no adapters no bul!! like ds

AND theres already a homebrew n64 emulator in the works for PSP, and possibly a ds

can ds do those? nope.

Last edited by Styl3s; 04-08-2006 at 04:36 PM..
 04-08-2006, 04:41 PMaway - #22
Sub Crazy 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$11,701 | POWERFUL
how do you get a PSP to play super nintendo games
 04-08-2006, 04:43 PMaway - #23
whywoogy 

d 
space
$1,149 | 2465231
Originally Posted by Styl3s
and like i said, better screen, better audio

psp > DS

get off ds's nuts, everything ds can do, psp does better

thats just a fact.. movies look better, games look better, everything is just BETTER. and you dont have to buy anything extra.. no adapters no bul!! like ds

AND theres already a homebrew n64 emulator in the works for PSP, and possibly a ds

can ds do those? nope.
i didn't know facts were determined by someone saying something looks better.

yes you have to buy an extra accessory to play movies/music but in turns with that purchase it still cheaper than a psp.

can you give me a link to this n64 eumlator?? when somehting is in the works or a possibility that means even that hardware (in this point) can not do it yet, so he quesiton is, can psp or ds do this? the answer is nope.

i sense you are getting angry :D you have not posed any relevance to this argument and also the last post i asked for a list of more things the psp does than the DS and you did no supply that.

you asked if i wanted you to go on and i answered yes, where is this list??

please don't reply inless you have that list or any other relevance to what you are claiming. you have been shot down by posting opinions and claiming them as facts, your integrity has been thrown out the window.
 04-08-2006, 04:58 PMaway - #24
Woah 

d 
space
$250 | 1770956
Originally Posted by whywoogy
with the adapter it is still cheaper than the psp. there are many to choose from not jus the one you said (many in which use SD cards). ds can play mp3using one of the many adapters out there.

DS does not need heavy modding to use the internet, do your homework. the internet for DS is being launched in japan within the month (US to come shortly after) in which the DS will also be able to stream live TV along with the internet browsing capabilities.

And yes I would like you to keep going. What else can a PSP do more than a DS than just play PS1 Games? Which in turns still have not been said of any finalization of any distribution method by SONY themselves...

Please keep going, I want to see this extensive list. Your argument still is saying nothing. You are saying the same things which have already been displaced by my first two posts.
not trying to get into the arguement or w.e but i just read ds description on nintendo site... i dont see anything saying ds can play mp3s... and i dont see any news about it having internet capablilities or streaming tv in the near future... i dont own a psp either but i like the psp more... i just like ht overall gaming, internet/movies capabilities, and the look of it... i think gameboys are more basic than psps... just my thoughts. the ds does seem kinda cool but i would choose psp... o yea and i dont really like the design of the psp... they couldve made it more appealing as psp...

Last edited by Woah; 04-08-2006 at 05:12 PM..
 04-08-2006, 05:12 PMaway - #25
Styl3s 

d 
space
$10,696 | 15122764

thats kind of like a beta n64 emulator

PSP has ps1 soon, soon a better n64 emulator.. MP3s witch ive yet to see anyone play mp3s on a DS

psp wins, get over it.

Last edited by Styl3s; 04-08-2006 at 05:14 PM..
 04-08-2006, 05:23 PMaway - #26
Sub Crazy 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$11,701 | POWERFUL
wha about the snes one?

how it run those
 04-08-2006, 05:25 PMaway - #27
Styl3s 

d 
space
$10,696 | 15122764
are you serious? you dont know how? google it. im not even supposed to be talking about this because you can get banned.. ill prolly get in trouble for posting the n64 one for mr ds nutriding dumbass who doesnt know anything about psp
 04-09-2006, 01:28 AMaway - #28
Tfox 

d 
space
$179 | 278597
A ipod nano + DS > PSP

anything media wise, Ipod is better. (And no memory problems! :D)

And gaming wise... It's obvious.
 04-09-2006, 03:09 AMaway - #29
Pimpomeo 

d 
space
$857 | 0

Last edited by Pimpomeo; 04-09-2006 at 03:11 AM..
 04-09-2006, 07:44 AMaway - #30
Woah 

d 
space
$250 | 1770956
Originally Posted by Tfox
A ipod nano + DS > PSP

anything media wise, Ipod is better. (And no memory problems! :D)

And gaming wise... It's obvious.
lol the price of an ipod nano + price of nintendo ds=you might as well buy a psp
 04-09-2006, 09:25 AMaway - #31
Tfox 

d 
space
$179 | 278597
yeah, the nano and DS are a better buy for the price. that was the point.
 04-09-2006, 11:33 AMaway - #32
PimpinSince1986 

d 
space
$13 | 56
Back to the topic....

It says that the DS is out selling the PSP & PS2 in Japan. I remember reading some where that in the U.S. that the DS & PSP were on par with each other (selling wise).

As for the PSP vs. DS(DS Lite)

The only thing that the DS has going is for it is (a) It's better priced (b) Wider(Not nessacerily better, thats the opinion of the gamers) selection of games.
You have to buy add-ons to play Mp3's, Movies, Browse the internet. None of them (that I've seen) are made by Nintendo.

The only extra a$sercory that is preety much a must for the PSP is a memory stick. But once you have those your preety much good in the game.
The psp plays Mp3's, movies(downloaded, UMD's or ripped from your own DVD's) streams RSS channels(podcasts), you can play homebrew games(hacks), and in the near future (legally, offically!!!) download and play PS1 games right off your psp.

And lets not forget the ($250) Location Free player. It allows you to stream videos, and music from your computer or TV to your psp as long as you have a wireless connection.

ps- DS LITE does have a better screen
 04-09-2006, 06:54 PMaway - #33
Tfox 

d 
space
$179 | 278597
Originally Posted by Hydraulics
serious question: Can someone tell me why the DS is selling so much - whats so good about it? what are the good games for it?
Innovation and gameplay. Unlike Sony/microsoft, nintendo is gameplay over graphics. People pick the DS for the fact it has fun, quality, and replayable games. Nintendo WiFi is a st@ble internet connection, and lags little to none. Plus you can play one game with friends via download play.
Good games:
Advance Wars DS
Mario Kart DS
Warioware
Kirby Canvas Curse
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney
Metroid Hunters
Animal Crossing DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Tales of Tempest.
Castlevania DS

and more, but that's all off the top of my mind.
 04-10-2006, 01:58 AMaway - #34
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72

d 
space
$15,284 | POWERFUL
So are these idiots trying 2 tell me your gonna be happy with only about 3 games on the little piece of !! 32mb stick that comes with the PSP.Dont bull!! your going to go out and buy a bigger memorystick which will be 20 bucks depending where you look.so thats 270 just to have a PSP with a 256mb stick.And when this supposively PS1 Emulator comes out youll need to upgrade to a bigger stick cuz each game will most likely take up 256mb.Now ima get a DS for 140 a 1gb stick for around 60 and maybe the add on that maybe cost 50 dollars maybe lesser.So lets see thats wat 250 so ur saving 20 bucks and getting more space.Doesnt take much of a brain to figure out which 1 works better.Omg but the PSP has better audio and a better screen yet not even their best game can hold a candle to Mario Kart online which is a game that has been refurbished about 5 times now.But we have roms yet we have the whole Gamebody library starting from the original gameboy up to the DS and GBA which is pretty much all ur roms and more.

New replies will show automatically every 5 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Mark Forums Read

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Vintage Pam Grier In The 1970's.......
53 comments
Article inside  Ice Cube: Ride Along Was "Robbed" at MTV Movie Award..
69 comments
Xbox Uno update coming tonight (Apr 14)
52 comments
 Image(s) inside Rappers With Fake Watches Put On Blast!
New reply 3 minutes ago - 143 comments - by ChickzNKickz
 NCAAB The Shabazz Effect: Ncaa Will Now Allow Division I Stu...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 59 comments - by ogballer32
 Image(s) inside So Excited To Meet My Dad...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Ham Rove
 NBA Damian Lillard's New Footlocker Commercial "no Ri...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Motion
 MLB Espn First Take With An Ignorant Tweet On Jackie Robin...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 118 comments - by theFREAK
 NBA Nets Tanking For #6 Seed? Pierce, J. Johnson, D. Willi...
New reply 18 minutes ago - 82 comments - by The Bully
 Image(s) inside Jay Z A.k.a Grandpa Jay A Blood Now Now.
New reply 10 minutes ago - 165 comments - by BLUE JACK$ON
 Image(s) inside Post Pics: If Bx Was A Person
New reply 20 minutes ago - 88 comments - by mcrw4

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,697 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,653 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.