Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Microsoft Just Bought A Company That Will Help The NextBox Win The Living Room

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
144 viewing
 NFL Video Footage of Trent Richardson Leaving Raiders Camp After Being Cut
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
130 viewing
 NFL Ryan Clark calls Trent Richardson worst RB ever, breaks down why he was ne..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
116 viewing
 damn i just read this on yahoo answers about 50 vs. Game?
24 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
100 viewing
 Article inside WWE Legend Jimmy "Superfly Snuka" charged with murder from 32 years ago
69 comments
@wild'ish
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Microsoft Just Bought A Company That Will Help The NextBox Win The Living Room
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
4712 pageviews
68 comments

Da Ill One|M 4067 heat pts4067 space
space
$42,530 | POWERFUL
Microsoft just bought R2 Studios, a company that Apple and Google were both after, to help the Xbox continue its a.ssault on living rooms across the world. R2 Studios, which was founded by Blake Krikorian (the guy who also made the Slingbox), apparently "works on" technology related to distributing and displaying digital media on televisions.

Basically, it's more of Microsoft seeing the Xbox as a set top box as opposed to just a gaming device. It's also more of Microsoft flexing Xbox over Apple TV and Google TV.

Source

Damn MS balled out over both Apple & Google... that's pretty impressive
5 peeps gave props to Da Ill One 1ironboy1 (01-04-2013) , AyeDre (01-04-2013) , BRonin357 (01-04-2013) , hot topic  (01-03-2013) , TriniChief (01-04-2013)

top in section
41 viewing
 Image inside Who You Taken from last night
23 comments
top in eyecandy/24hrs
top in section
21 viewing
 NFL Marshawn Lynch Goes On Shopping Channel To Sell Skittles
55 comments
top in sports/24hrs

Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #2
Jesszman 2203 heat pts2203 space
space
$29,823 | POWERFUL
So the Xbox continues to become less of a games console and more of a DVR.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #3
Krazie 104 heat pts104 space
NFC West Chumps
space
$33,218 | POWERFUL
And this is another reason why Microsoft will keep the stranglehold on Sony.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - on now - #4
McmasterlockPt2 36 heat pts36 space
Detroit Vs Everybody
space
$12,001 | POWERFUL
I dont mind the xbox adding streaming media apps and sh*t like that but dont forget about the games.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - on now - #5
Arson 82 heat pts82 space
sh*t Skressful Bruh
space
$32,294 | POWERFUL
McmasterlockPt2 said:
I dont mind the xbox adding streaming media apps and sh*t like that but dont forget about the games.
I recently went to the offices to get a glimpse at what was coming. Lets just say you won't be disappointed.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #6
MischiefTooReal 99 heat pts99 space
I keep it 99.99999%
space
$8,375 | POWERFUL
Arson said:
I recently went to the offices to get a glimpse at what was coming. Lets just say you won't be disappointed.

Are you saying you seen the "NextBox" in action?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #7
Explicit 183 heat pts183 space
Reppin' the Bay Area
space
$8,338 | POWERFUL
It's the only thing MS has going for itself. Windows 8 and their phones are flopping hard
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #8
King Dutch 3 heat pts space
space
$1,413 | 6788767
Dont the PS3 and XBOX already some aspect of this already. With Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Vudu, and the PSN and XBOX Live, can you pretty much watch/purchase whatever you want without having a cable subscription.

What else could they be adding?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #9
space
$29,823 | POWERFUL
Explicit said:
It's the only thing MS has going for itself. Windows 8 and their phones are flopping hard
next xbox is gonna flop too.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #10
NFC West Chumps
space
$33,218 | POWERFUL
Jesszman said:
next xbox is gonna flop too.
We know you pray for that every night before you go to sleep.

Give us one logical reason why that would happen though. It surely isn't because Sony is going to regain market share.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #11
space
$29,823 | POWERFUL
Krazie said:
We know you pray for that every night before you go to sleep.

Give us one logical reason why that would happen though. It surely isn't because Sony is going to regain market share.
Windows 8 is doing worse then Vista, and their phones aren't doing well either.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #12
NFC West Chumps
space
$33,218 | POWERFUL
Jesszman said:
Windows 8 is doing worse then Vista, and their phones aren't doing well either.
What's that have to do with a games console?

Windows 8 is fantastic IMO.

Why are you so aware of this sh*t? I could care less to look up Windows 8 and Windows Phone numbers.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #13
space
$29,823 | POWERFUL
Krazie said:
What's that have to do with a games console?

Windows 8 is fantastic IMO.

Why are you so aware of this sh*t? I could care less to look up Windows 8 and Windows Phone numbers.
Because it's everywhere. I have Windows 8, it's amazing. I don't know why it's failing, but it is
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #14
NFC West Chumps
space
$33,218 | POWERFUL
Jesszman said:
Because it's everywhere. I have Windows 8, it's amazing. I don't know why it's failing, but it is
We need to pray for the PS4 REALLY hard then, considering every Sony product out there is failing miserably.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #15
space
$1,413 | 6788767
Jesszman said:
Its because this Mac im on is the truth. My job gave it to me. I dont even know how to work it and i think its nice. I know windows System Admins who dont like Windows 8. Maybe its cuz it new, people dont like change, or they cant find the f*cking start menu.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #16
space
$29,823 | POWERFUL
King Dutch said:
Its because this Mac im on is the truth. My job gave it to me. I dont even know how to work it and i think its nice. I know windows System Admins who dont like Windows 8. Maybe its cuz it new, people dont like change, or they cant find the f*cking start menu.
See, that's the thing though. Windows 8 isn't really much of a change. I'm in desktop mode 24/7. the only time i switch to the new start menu is to open a program i already don't have up, and that's as simple as typing in the name of the program. People act as if this is some other level type ish when it's just a simple cosmetic change to the start menu. It's no rocket science.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #17
NFC West Chumps
space
$33,218 | POWERFUL
Jesszman said:
See, that's the thing though. Windows 8 isn't really much of a change. I'm in desktop mode 24/7. the only time i switch to the new start menu is to open a program i already don't have up, and that's as simple as typing in the name of the program. People act as if this is some other level type ish when it's just a simple cosmetic change to the start menu. It's no rocket science.
Yeah, I've been more productive with Win 8, it's really easy to open new programs and sh*t. I'm not sure what the backlash is about. It was confusing for about a day when it came to navigation, but it's easy once you understand how it works.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #18
space
$1,413 | 6788767
Krazie said:
We need to pray for the PS4 REALLY hard then, considering every Sony product out there is failing miserably.
You cant believe the PS4 is gonna flop. lol. If it flops, i believe its cuz consoies in general are going to be selling less. It wont just be Sony. They'll all have to adapt. I cant see XBOX breaking out a new groundbreaking feature with out Sony having something similar to compete. They'll all be on the same level they are now. (I admittedly dont know lifetime sales number for either, but i'm a.ssuming Microsoft and Sony aint hurting on the console side of things)

But if you talking about handhelds and peripherals damn Sony f'd up with the VIta. I copped one and want my money back.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #19
space
$1,413 | 6788767
Krazie said:
Yeah, I've been more productive with Win 8, it's really easy to open new programs and sh*t. I'm not sure what the backlash is about. It was confusing for about a day when it came to navigation, but it's easy once you understand how it works.
Your computer literate. Most people dont want a learning curve. Especially older people. They already cant use computers. They want something they're use too and comfortable with. We can figure it out, but can the average person wait a day to learn it. Everybody wants instant gratification and ease of use, now not later.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #20
Explicit 183 heat pts183 space
Reppin' the Bay Area
space
$8,338 | POWERFUL
King Dutch said:

How are you going to say "this Mac im on is the truth." Then state you can't even work the damn thing?

Home > all sections > BX GameSpot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
72 viewing
NBA Shaq Podcast w/ Kobe "We got into fistfights, Kobe was never afraid to fig..
53 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
52 viewing
BOX Hell 2 the Naw Mayweather Bodyguard gets dropped.
79 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
38 viewing
Video inside 10 Mysterious Archaeological Discoveries No One Can Explain
86 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
29 viewing
Video inside BreakfastClub w/ Dr. Umar Johnson: Social Cultural Issues, Discriminati..
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
22 viewing
Rick Ross Admits That Meek Mill Lost To Drake On "Foreclosures"
224 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Video inside 5 Places With No Laws
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Image inside 30 Most Anticipated Films of the 2015-2016 Oscar Season, Is It Finally..
27 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Video inside The Weeknd dislikes Miley Cyrus :dead:
86 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time