This is BX @ Boxden.com


Microsoft Just Bought A Company That Will Help The NextBox Win The Living Room


 Microsoft Just Bought A Company That Will Help The NextBox Win The Living Room
topic by Da Ill One - 01-02-2013, 06:55 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot


Microsoft just bought R2 Studios, a company that Apple and Google were both after, to help the Xbox continue its a$sault on living rooms across the world. R2 Studios, which was founded by Blake Krikorian (the guy who also made the Slingbox), apparently "works on" technology related to distributing and displaying digital media on televisions.

Basically, it's more of Microsoft seeing the Xbox as a set top box as opposed to just a gaming device. It's also more of Microsoft flexing Xbox over Apple TV and Google TV.

Source


Damn MS balled out over both Apple & Google... that's pretty impressive


Latest Games Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

68 comments for "Microsoft Just Bought A Company That Will Help The NextBox Win The Living Room"


 01-02-2013, 06:57 PMaway - #2
Jesszman 2172 heat pts2172

  d 
space
$29,351 | POWERFUL
So the Xbox continues to become less of a games console and more of a DVR.
 01-02-2013, 07:00 PMonline - #3
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,731 | POWERFUL
And this is another reason why Microsoft will keep the stranglehold on Sony.
 01-02-2013, 07:02 PMaway - #4
McmasterlockPt2 34 heat pts34

  d 
space
$11,344 | POWERFUL
I dont mind the xbox adding streaming media apps and #### like that but dont forget about the games.
 01-02-2013, 07:04 PMaway - #5
Arson 82 heat pts82

  d 
space
$28,216 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by McmasterlockPt2
I dont mind the xbox adding streaming media apps and #### like that but dont forget about the games.
I recently went to the offices to get a glimpse at what was coming. Lets just say you won't be disappointed.
 01-02-2013, 07:10 PMaway - #6
MischiefTooReal 67 heat pts67

  d 
space
$6,165 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Arson
I recently went to the offices to get a glimpse at what was coming. Lets just say you won't be disappointed.


Are you saying you seen the "NextBox" in action?
 01-02-2013, 07:11 PMonline - #7
Explicit 48 heat pts48

  d 
space
$6,355 | POWERFUL
It's the only thing MS has going for itself. Windows 8 and their phones are flopping hard
 01-02-2013, 07:12 PMaway - #8
King Dutch 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,406 | 6782080
Dont the PS3 and XBOX already some aspect of this already. With Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Vudu, and the PSN and XBOX Live, can you pretty much watch/purchase whatever you want without having a cable subscription.

What else could they be adding?
 01-02-2013, 07:13 PMaway - #9
Jesszman 2172 heat pts2172

  d 
space
$29,351 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Explicit
It's the only thing MS has going for itself. Windows 8 and their phones are flopping hard
next xbox is gonna flop too.
 01-02-2013, 07:19 PMonline - #10
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,731 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
next xbox is gonna flop too.
We know you pray for that every night before you go to sleep.

Give us one logical reason why that would happen though. It surely isn't because Sony is going to regain market share.
 01-02-2013, 07:20 PMaway - #11
Jesszman 2172 heat pts2172

  d 
space
$29,351 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
We know you pray for that every night before you go to sleep.

Give us one logical reason why that would happen though. It surely isn't because Sony is going to regain market share.
Windows 8 is doing worse then Vista, and their phones aren't doing well either.
 01-02-2013, 07:24 PMonline - #12
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,731 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
Windows 8 is doing worse then Vista, and their phones aren't doing well either.
What's that have to do with a games console?

Windows 8 is fantastic IMO.

Why are you so aware of this ####? I could care less to look up Windows 8 and Windows Phone numbers.
 01-02-2013, 07:25 PMaway - #13
Jesszman 2172 heat pts2172

  d 
space
$29,351 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
What's that have to do with a games console?

Windows 8 is fantastic IMO.

Why are you so aware of this ####? I could care less to look up Windows 8 and Windows Phone numbers.
Because it's everywhere. I have Windows 8, it's amazing. I don't know why it's failing, but it is
 01-02-2013, 07:49 PMonline - #14
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,731 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
Because it's everywhere. I have Windows 8, it's amazing. I don't know why it's failing, but it is
We need to pray for the PS4 REALLY hard then, considering every Sony product out there is failing miserably.
 01-02-2013, 07:50 PMaway - #15
King Dutch 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,406 | 6782080
Originally Posted by Jesszman
Because it's everywhere. I have Windows 8, it's amazing. I don't know why it's failing, but it is
Its because this Mac im on is the truth. My job gave it to me. I dont even know how to work it and i think its nice. I know windows System Admins who dont like Windows 8. Maybe its cuz it new, people dont like change, or they cant find the f*cking start menu.
 01-02-2013, 07:51 PMaway - #16
Jesszman 2172 heat pts2172

  d 
space
$29,351 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by King Dutch
Its because this Mac im on is the truth. My job gave it to me. I dont even know how to work it and i think its nice. I know windows System Admins who dont like Windows 8. Maybe its cuz it new, people dont like change, or they cant find the f*cking start menu.
See, that's the thing though. Windows 8 isn't really much of a change. I'm in desktop mode 24/7. the only time i switch to the new start menu is to open a program i already don't have up, and that's as simple as typing in the name of the program. People act as if this is some other level type ish when it's just a simple cosmetic change to the start menu. It's no rocket science.
 01-02-2013, 08:00 PMonline - #17
Krazie 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$25,731 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
See, that's the thing though. Windows 8 isn't really much of a change. I'm in desktop mode 24/7. the only time i switch to the new start menu is to open a program i already don't have up, and that's as simple as typing in the name of the program. People act as if this is some other level type ish when it's just a simple cosmetic change to the start menu. It's no rocket science.
Yeah, I've been more productive with Win 8, it's really easy to open new programs and ####. I'm not sure what the backlash is about. It was confusing for about a day when it came to navigation, but it's easy once you understand how it works.
 01-02-2013, 08:12 PMaway - #18
King Dutch 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,406 | 6782080
Originally Posted by Krazie
We need to pray for the PS4 REALLY hard then, considering every Sony product out there is failing miserably.
You cant believe the PS4 is gonna flop. lol. If it flops, i believe its cuz consoies in general are going to be selling less. It wont just be Sony. They'll all have to adapt. I cant see XBOX breaking out a new groundbreaking feature with out Sony having something similar to compete. They'll all be on the same level they are now. (I admittedly dont know lifetime sales number for either, but i'm a$suming Microsoft and Sony aint hurting on the console side of things)

But if you talking about handhelds and peripherals damn Sony f'd up with the VIta. I copped one and want my money back.
 01-02-2013, 08:15 PMaway - #19
King Dutch 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,406 | 6782080
Originally Posted by Krazie
Yeah, I've been more productive with Win 8, it's really easy to open new programs and ####. I'm not sure what the backlash is about. It was confusing for about a day when it came to navigation, but it's easy once you understand how it works.
Your computer literate. Most people dont want a learning curve. Especially older people. They already cant use computers. They want something they're use too and comfortable with. We can figure it out, but can the average person wait a day to learn it. Everybody wants instant gratification and ease of use, now not later.
 01-02-2013, 08:26 PMonline - #20
Explicit 48 heat pts48

  d 
space
$6,355 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by King Dutch
Its because this Mac im on is the truth. My job gave it to me. I dont even know how to work it and i think its nice. I know windows System Admins who dont like Windows 8. Maybe its cuz it new, people dont like change, or they cant find the f*cking start menu.


How are you going to say "this Mac im on is the truth." Then state you can't even work the damn thing?
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Samsung Galaxy S5 Beats iPhone 6 In New Benchmarks
88 comments
Ios 8 now available
113 comments
Image inside  Sep 17 - Pizza Hut testing 'Skinny Slice'
72 comments
 Video inside L'a Capone Day (rip To L'a)
New reply 35 seconds ago - 54 comments - by lexdaghost
 NFL Bxsc Nfl Pick 'em Challenge Week 3 Picks!!!!!!
New reply 6 minutes ago - 109 comments - by UrbanEnterprise
 Article inside 2014 Bet Hip-hop Awards Cypher Lineup Announced
New reply 1 minute ago - 54 comments - by Steve
  Best Job Ever? Waka Flocka Is Hiring A Blunt Roller Wi...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 97 comments - by DSmith93
 Image(s) inside Smash Or Pass: Mexican Bbw Singer Janney Marin Aka Chi...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 117 comments - by OchoLoco
 NBA Lebron's Hairline, Has Also Come Back Home. (pic)
New reply 10 minutes ago - 140 comments - by TnTbadman
 NCAAF Jameis Winston: F*ck Her Right In The P*ssy
New reply 5 minutes ago - 166 comments - by Bkjj11
 Image(s) inside Kendrick Lamar-i Love Myself Artwork
New reply 10 minutes ago - 126 comments - by RoyceDa59

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.