This is BX @ Boxden.com

Meet the Winners of the 2014 Product of the Year Awards

Meet the Winners of the 2014 Product of the Year Awards
topic by Da Ill One - 02-25-2014, 09:04 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

> Meet the Winners of the 2014 Product of the Year Awards - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

I'm just putting the foreward and the part about the Xbox One, if you want to read the whole article and see the other 22 winners go to the source...

Source

Imagine the People’s Choice Awards, except the applause and trophies go to breakout products rather than breakout celebs: The Product of the Year USA winners are those ingenious consumer goods—from a kid-friendly squeezable fruit snack to an all-in-one entertainment system—that make our lives a little *easier and better nearly every single day. Now in its sixth year, the competition begins with a jury of industry pro*fes*sionals who identify submissions that show innovation in *function, design, packaging, or ingredients. Then the real experts weigh in. A panel of 40,000 American shoppers, reflecting the diversity of our *national popu*lation, choose the products they like best, from all aisles of the supermarket and beyond. Perhaps what’s most interesting is what the winners say about us. Read on to learn the shopping trends that the 23 items represent.

For the team behind Microsoft’s Xbox, launching a new *iteration meant rethinking the device entirely. “The gaming console has moved out of the basement and into the living room,” says director of product planning Albert Penello. In creating the new Xbox One, Penello’s team designed a multipurpose entertainment hub for the whole family. In addition to games, it plays Blu-ray movies, live TV, and streamed or downloaded TV shows, movies, and music—and it can be operated by voice commands through its Kinect sensor. “The first time the Kinect responded to someone’s voice in an early demo, the whole team cheered.”

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

26 comments for "Meet the Winners of the 2014 Product of the Year Awards"

02-25-2014, 09:06 AMaway - #2
EGO 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$29,618 | POWERFUL
Xbox Won
 02-25-2014, 09:25 AMaway - #3
boobizzy 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$1,459 | 9558391
This boggles my mind why these people bought ps4's the way they did. The xbox one is clearly better overall.
 02-25-2014, 09:35 AMaway - #4
Da Ill One|M 3636 heat pts3636

d 
space
$40,203 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by boobizzy
This boggles my mind why these people bought ps4's the way they did. The xbox one is clearly better overall.
Two reasons...

1. the Price

2. Sony marketed the PS 4 as a gaming machine that can do some other things, MS is marketing the Xbox one as an entertainment centerpiece that also happens to play games... Most people will buy the cheaper "gaming" system because they want to play games, and yes the Xbox One play's games also, but it's marketed more as an entertainment all in one device not as a gaming machine to the casuals...
 02-25-2014, 09:43 AMaway - #5
PhrozenMenace 

d 
space
$11,594 | POWERFUL
where are the games at sony
 02-25-2014, 09:46 AMaway - #6

d 
space
$40,203 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PhrozenMenace
where are the games at sony
Serious question why do people say this? yeah there's only like two maybe three exclusives out, but there's more games for the PS 4 then their are Xbox One when you count the Free PS + games (which are games) yeah 98% of the games out aren't fun anymore after the initial "new game smell" wears off...but there's still games out there...

it should be where are the games both companies? they both are lacking
 02-25-2014, 09:52 AMaway - #7
EGO 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$29,618 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
Serious question why do people say this? yeah there's only like two maybe three exclusives out, but there's more games for the PS 4 then their are Xbox One when you count the Free PS + games (which are games) yeah 98% of the games out aren't fun anymore after the initial "new game smell" wears off...but there's still games out there...

it should be where are the games both companies? they both are lacking
Xbox One has the most diverse library out of the two. Also, a lot of PS4's indies and free-to-plays are ports of PC titles that were already out before the PS4 even dropped. Hell, the PS4's best rated game is a 5-year-old PS3 game. So it's not really introducing anything new or fresh, just rehashing a lot of the same #### we've been playing.

That's how I see it anyway. Hopefully Infamous changes all that in a few weeks
 02-25-2014, 09:53 AMaway - #8
PhrozenMenace 

d 
space
$11,594 | POWERFUL
im just talking shyt,bruh...i know both are lacking..sony a bit more for me..i guess by next year things should be better
 02-25-2014, 09:56 AMaway - #9
EGO 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$29,618 | POWERFUL
I should say I guess the PC stuff doesn't matter for non-PC gamers since the games are new to them anyway, but for someone like me who has played all that stuff on a better machine already, it just seems like the PS4 isn't offering much right now. A lot of those games aren't that good, to boot.
 02-25-2014, 09:56 AMaway - #10

d 
space
$40,203 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by e G o Maniac
Xbox One has the most diverse library out of the two. Also, a lot of PS4's indies and free-to-plays are ports of PC titles that were already out before the PS4 even dropped. Hell, the PS4's best rated game is a 5-year-old PS3 game. So it's not really introducing anything new or fresh, just rehashing a lot of the same #### we've been playing.

That's how I see it anyway. Hopefully Infamous changes all that in a few weeks
I agree but I mean when someone says "Where are the game Sony" that's a bull#### question because the PS 4 has MORE games than the Xbox one does right now, yeah the Xbox one might have more games you or me or someone else wants to play, but it doesn't change the fact that the PS 4 has MORE games...so it should be "Where are the Games MS" if we want to get technical, but yes I sold all my PS 4 games except k!llzone (and it's up for sale just haven't found a buyer) on the PS 4 because the games have run their course to me... i'm waiting for this power cord for the Xbox one so I can experience it for myself... but like I said the PS 4 has MORE games in total...
 02-25-2014, 10:07 AMaway - #11
PhrozenMenace 

d 
space
$11,594 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by e G o Maniac
I should say I guess the PC stuff doesn't matter for non-PC gamers since the games are new to them anyway, but for someone like me who has played all that stuff on a better machine already, it just seems like the PS4 isn't offering much right now. A lot of those games aren't that good, to boot.
thats how it is for me...both systems, esp. the ps4 don't have many good games at the moment
 02-25-2014, 10:10 AMaway - #12
LaRy BLanco 463 heat pts463

d 
space
$36,734 | POWERFUL
price...price...price
 02-25-2014, 10:14 AMaway - #13

d 
space
$40,203 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by whodatb1
it shouldnt ... lets be real ... and no knock on anybody age on here ...... but its easier for a kid to go ask their parent for 400 than 500 ..... especially in the holiday season ... that extra 100 coulda got a few people gifts .....

also ... we live in the age of hypebeasts ... people bought the first thing they could get they hands on ....

hypebeasts + cheaper price was an automatic W for sony .....

i tend to think differently..... i think the XB1 technology scared of some of the more novice gamers as well as the parents that dont understand the tv part is hooked up just by connecting an hdmi cord ... people are afraid of change ...

yes and that goes along with what i said, MS is marketing the Xbox as able to do all this, but aren't saying how easy it is to do, so parents and the casual's are like "ehh that's pretty cool but you probably need to do this or buy that to be able to watch Tv plus it's $100 more, and all I want to do is play games" so they grab the cheaper system to play games, it's the marketing angle MS rolled out which kind of is hurting them, not to mention price...

Originally Posted by whodatb1
well understand this ... it also didnt hurt that xb shot themselves in the foot with the backtracking as well as all the negative (and mostly untrue) statements sony fans clogged up message boards with .... it had an effect .....

games are lacking on both .... but AT LEAST xb has given their fans some version of halo (which is fun) ... forza .... and they see light at the end of the tunnel with PVZ dropping today and the most anticipated game of they year dropping in weeks ....

by the time sony drops something eagerly anticipated ... halo 5 will be rolling out .....
well inFAMOUS is highly anticipated and it comes out march 18th, so not too far after Titanfall... but the games being fun is subjective to opinions, I LOVE k!llzone, I HATE absolutely HATE Driving Sims so I would never even touch Forza, I much prefer Need For Speed which is on both systems, I do want to play Ryse and Dead Rising 3, not really a fan of k!ller Instinct or f!ghter's but I will check it out... but the games to play are opinions, the main fact the PS 4 is selling better is the price combined with the marketing....
 02-25-2014, 11:58 PMaway - #14
mikejg823 

d 
space
$474 | 1405092
X box jerk off thread?
 02-26-2014, 12:01 AMaway - #15
HiRolliN 103 heat pts103

d 
space
$15,336 | POWERFUL
 02-26-2014, 12:03 AMaway - #16
Ctrllers 131 heat pts131

d 
space
$5,980 | POWERFUL
The N4G responses to this are pretty pathetic. Why do gamers get so mad about other people liking a system they didn't choose? It's a ####ing product.
 02-26-2014, 12:20 AMaway - #17
MrIToldYouSo 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$1,145 | 10698028
it boggles my mind that this would boggle anyones mind...look at the last few years of last gen cycle...look at the exclusives...while xbox owners were looking forward to minecraft updates..ps4 was still going strong as ever people wanted in on those exclusives

not to mention the xbox one is clearly worse overall
 02-26-2014, 01:12 AMaway - #18
tj.iscool 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$13,192 | POWERFUL
indies games don't count, them throw away games
that goes for both systems
 02-26-2014, 02:29 AMaway - #19
SOCIALITE 4 heat pts

d 
space
$8,407 | POWERFUL
Starburst candy corn?
 02-26-2014, 01:41 PMaway - #20
AllenSports 9 heat pts

d 
space
$324 | 5195072
XBOX ACTUALLY WON! Xbox One Wins Product Of The Year

Xbox One has scooped its first consumer award. Microsoft’s next-gen console won the top home entertainment gong in 2014′s Product of the Year awards.

Gamespot reports that over 40,000 consumers were consulted through market research company TNS to determine their products of the year in various categories. The full list of winners has been published over on AdWeek.

Xbox One has topped the ‘Home Entertainment’ bracket, and according to Product of the Year’s organisers the console and its fellow winners will see a 10-15% sales boost as a result of being featured in an accompanying cover feature in Parade Magazine.

Speaking with Parade, Microsoft director of product planning Albert Penello said, “The gaming console has moved out of the basement and into the living room.”

Xbox One has currently sold over 3 million units worldwide and counting. Microsoft hopes to get more gamers on board with this UK price cut and Titanfall console bundle.

What do you make of Xbox One so far?

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA LeQueef With Monster Rebound
55 comments
NFL Aaron Rodgers is on another level. Literally. (Pro Footb..
73 comments
NFL No Chill : Jay Gruden says clock is ticking on RGIII's t..
57 comments
 Video inside Migos & Fans Response To Dc Goons For Doing The In...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 91 comments - by JNumbaNC
 NCAAF Cfb Week 13 Thread
New reply 6 minutes ago - 109 comments - by CadillacVyse
  Nov 21 - Cosby Allegedly Raped The Hulk's Wife Too
New reply 3 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Zeeshine
 Image(s) inside Bow Wow Blasts 'black Folks' & “the Homies Just Dr...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 73 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Janice Dickinson Submits A 1982 Photo Of Bill Cosby In...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 88 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Quavo Got Two Brand New Yrn Chains
New reply 15 minutes ago - 164 comments - by JNumbaNC
 NBA Can The Problem Actually Be Lebron?
New reply 4 minutes ago - 61 comments - by tygamann1
  Sunset Overdrive Free For Xbox Live Gold Members This ...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 93 comments - by ChevyBrah

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,860 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,808 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.