This is BX @ Boxden.com

Logitech to Discontinue Console Gaming Products, Harmony Remotes

Logitech to Discontinue Console Gaming Products, Harmony Remotes
Thumbs down topic by LaRy BLanco - 01-24-2013, 08:39 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

Logitech reported on its less-than stellar financials for Q3 of Fiscal Year 2013 this morning, naming a few product lines within the company set for deletion by the end of the year. Namely, Logitech will step away from its Harmony universal remotes and long-term commitment to console gaming peripherals.

Sales of Logitech products were down 14-percent for the third quarter, with a net loss of $195 million. According to Logitech CEO Bracken P. Darrell, the company plans to apply more focus on tablet accessories, like its profitable Ultrathin Keyboard Cover.

"We are taking immediate actions to shape a faster and more profitable Logitech," said Darrell. "My goal is to get Logitech back to sustained profitability as quickly as possible."

Other Logitech products on the chopping block by the end of 2013 include digital video security and speaker docks. PC gaming peripherals were not named in the list of outgoing product lines. Darrell reiterated the company's intent to continue work in the PC peripheral market, with investment in "selective categories." But along with console gaming peripherals and Harmony remotes, it's not immediately clear if PC gaming accessories will eventually end up among what Darrell referred to as, "non-strategic products."

IGN

> Logitech to Discontinue Console Gaming Products, Harmony Remotes - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Logitech to Discontinue Console Gaming Products, Harmony Remotes - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Logitech to Discontinue Console Gaming Products, Harmony Remotes - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Logitech to Discontinue Console Gaming Products, Harmony Remotes - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

6 comments for "Logitech to Discontinue Console Gaming Products, Harmony Remotes"

01-24-2013, 08:51 PMaway - #2
King Dutch 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,402 | 6674928
They need to stop wasting time on the Logitech Revue. And does anybody have one of them expensive a$s digital remotes they make?
 01-24-2013, 08:52 PMaway - #3
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$24,056 | POWERFUL
I wonder while they still make controllers for mobile devices?

Hooefully they have a clearance sale on Harmony remotes.
 01-24-2013, 08:57 PMonline - #4
LaRy BLanco 414 heat pts414

d 
space
$33,359 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by King Dutch
They need to stop wasting time on the Logitech Revue. And does anybody have one of them expensive a$s digital remotes they make?
I do

I still have the xbox 360 harmony remote,I use that shyt to control everything in my room(360,ps3,cable tv,computer,WD Media player) was hoping they would have a software update to make it compatible with the 720 but it looks like thats out the window
 01-25-2013, 12:38 PMaway - #5
IGOTSHITTZ 

d 
space
$8,184 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by King Dutch
The Harmony remotes are by far the best universal remotes available. I have a 1100 for my living room TV. If you have a multiple device setup (tv, receiver, cable/sat box, blu-ray player & game consoles), there is no better way to go.

You set up 'Activities' on the remote (ie. Watch TV, Watch Movie, Play Xbox 360 - all can be renamed to whatever you want) that 1 button press will set every device to what it needs to be on, which includes inputs, channels, devices on/off, etc.

Every button on the remotes is fully customizable to control any device button that you have. If there are hard buttons on the remote you don't use, you can remap them to do anything. You can put custom buttons on the screen and name them whatever you want.

I've been putting off getting one for the TV in my room but now I think I need to get one. I hope they don't stop support for these.

Last edited by IGOTSHITTZ; 01-25-2013 at 12:45 PM..
 01-25-2013, 01:56 PMonline - #6
LaRy BLanco 414 heat pts414

d 
space
$33,359 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by IGOT####TZ
The Harmony remotes are by far the best universal remotes available. I have a 1100 for my living room TV. If you have a multiple device setup (tv, receiver, cable/sat box, blu-ray player & game consoles), there is no better way to go.

You set up 'Activities' on the remote (ie. Watch TV, Watch Movie, Play Xbox 360 - all can be renamed to whatever you want) that 1 button press will set every device to what it needs to be on, which includes inputs, channels, devices on/off, etc.

Every button on the remotes is fully customizable to control any device button that you have. If there are hard buttons on the remote you don't use, you can remap them to do anything. You can put custom buttons on the screen and name them whatever you want.

I've been putting off getting one for the TV in my room but now I think I need to get one. I hope they don't stop support for these.
 01-25-2013, 08:56 PMonline - #7
Optimus Crime 3 heat pts

d 
space
$4,445 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by IGOT####TZ

I got the 1000... Hell you can even customize the activities and control the lights so it dims whenever you pick the activity

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
BOX teddy atlas ''it makes me sick! lara won that fight!'..
116 comments
NBA LeBron James Sends Akron Neighbors Cupcakes for Dealing ..
76 comments
NBA Chicago Bulls are offering Doug McDermott, Taj Gibson an..
91 comments
 NBA Report: Lakers Willing To Offer Eric Bledsoe Close To ...
New reply 50 seconds ago - 70 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside Caption Pic: Jay Elect X Mos Def Aka Yasiin Bey X Mini...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 57 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 F/L My Journey....so Far
New reply 1 minute ago - 93 comments - by King Jackson
 NFL Robert Griffin Iii Gives Himself New Nickname
New reply 4 minutes ago - 168 comments - by italiansteve
 Video inside Tameka "tiny" Harris (t.i. Wife) - #wtfygd (...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 110 comments - by Fresh Whyte
  Jul 22 - Russian Media On Downed Airliner: The Cia Did...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Impeccable
 NBA Derrick Rose Is Back. Can't Wait. Must See Video
New reply 3 minutes ago - 73 comments - by MikeJones212
 NFL Russell Wilson And Tom Brady Has The Same Rating On Ma...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 66 comments - by Kingpin 313

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.