This is BX @ Boxden.com


Industry expects Microsoft's response to PS4 in April


 Industry expects Microsoft's response to PS4 in April
topic by mystic boy - 02-22-2013, 01:22 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot


One senior Sony official, who asked not to be named, said he was informed that the PS4 showcase in New York had "at first caught Microsoft off-guard".


"We definitely ruffled some feathers," the person said.

It is said that Microsoft will now showcase its console at a one-off media event in early April - though it is expected that discussion about future tech would be an inevitability if Microsoft engineers and developers attend GDC in March.

[UPDATE: Microsoft partner Ustechs, which has worked with the platform holder on previous media briefings such as the E3 2012 press conference, has registered the domain XboxEvent.com (as explained on NeoGAF)]

Microsoft has declined to comment on its next-gen plans ever since rumours began two years ago.

Sony revealed the PlayStation 4 at a New York press conference on Wednesday.

The PS4 release date is set for "holiday 2013", likely across Japan, Europe and the US.
Xbox News: Industry expects Microsoft's response to PS4 in April - ComputerAndVideoGames.com


Latest Games Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

22 comments for "Industry expects Microsoft's response to PS4 in April"


 02-22-2013, 08:29 PMaway - #2
sigNN 8 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,450 | 18350864
sony does it again
 02-22-2013, 10:17 PMaway - #3
Ra-da-god 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,269 | POWERFUL
it is time
 02-22-2013, 10:57 PMaway - #4
Agentzer0oo0 111 heat pts111

  d 
space
$43,323 | POWERFUL
It's time...

 02-23-2013, 03:31 AMaway - #5
Pleasure Boy 331 heat pts331

  d 
space
$4,782 | POWERFUL
welp... Its Onnnn!!!
 02-23-2013, 06:07 AMaway - #6
Fleece 

  d 
space
$46 | 241718
Thought niccas knew not to wake a sleeping Giant

 02-23-2013, 12:52 PMaway - #7
1ironboy1 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$3,302 | 16096800
Microsoft stay winning
 02-23-2013, 05:23 PMaway - #8
Dezine 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,839 | 6129132
microsoft gonna rush again, and 60 percent of their consoles will break down for the first year
 02-23-2013, 06:38 PMonline - #9
LaRy BLanco 363 heat pts363

  d 
space
$30,007 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dezine
microsoft gonna rush again, and 60 percent of their consoles will break down for the first year
naaa they learned their lesson the slims work fine

I just hope it has BC
 02-23-2013, 06:48 PMaway - #10
Hokis 

  d 
space
$5,720 | 13101794
Microsoft is not worried in the slightest
 02-23-2013, 07:00 PMaway - #11
mystic boy 191 heat pts191

  d 
space
$4,276 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LAwLB15
naaa they learned their lesson the slims work fine

I just hope it has BC
I'd definitely get it if it's fully bc with OG Xbox games since I've never had one.
 02-24-2013, 07:13 AMaway - #12
Vercetti 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$1,966 | 16256956
Sony got them shook

Expect them to rush their product now.
 02-24-2013, 08:41 AMaway - #13
deziking 28 heat pts28

  d 
space
$13,348 | POWERFUL
I think I have percentage of buying ps4 first year than the xbox compared to the history. I'll hold off on the xbox this year dont want to fall in that trap. I know they always and will come out wit slim. But sony has better percentage rate of not failing compared to xbox(last gen)
 02-24-2013, 09:00 AMaway - #14
Hokis 

  d 
space
$5,720 | 13101794
Originally Posted by deziking
I think I have percentage of buying ps4 first year than the xbox compared to the history. I'll hold off on the xbox this year dont want to fall in that trap. I know they always and will come out wit slim. But sony has better percentage rate of not failing compared to xbox(last gen)



Originally Posted by Vercetti
Sony got them shook

Expect them to rush their product now.
You mean the PS4 is rushing the product.
 02-24-2013, 02:04 PMaway - #15
cjlack03 

  d 
space
$291 | 555091
Microsoft been patiently waiting for Sony to expose theyselves...

Sony fell into that trap... Bout to be a wrap
 02-24-2013, 03:05 PMaway - #16
Krazie 82 heat pts82

  d 
space
$23,125 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by cjlack03
Microsoft been patiently waiting for Sony to expose theyselves...

Sony fell into that trap... Bout to be a wrap
That's how I see it to. Sony went from "we're going to let them show their cards first" to throwing a huge event all in a month's time. I don't think MS is really overly concerned because their strategy is vastly different and has worked quite well so far. It could be brilliant or a huge failure, it really depends on their execution.
 02-24-2013, 03:56 PMaway - #17
Ra-da-god 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,269 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by deziking
I think I have percentage of buying ps4 first year than the xbox compared to the history. I'll hold off on the xbox this year dont want to fall in that trap. I know they always and will come out wit slim. But sony has better percentage rate of not failing compared to xbox(last gen)
BULLLLLLLLL!! the ps2 was plagued with DRe's and BSOD all the way up until the slim dropped and unlike M$ sony never offered any type of replacement plan
 02-24-2013, 04:07 PMaway - #18
Se7en 24 heat pts24

  d 
space
$3,855 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ra-da-god
BULLLLLLLLL!! the ps2 was plagued with DRe's and BSOD all the way up until the slim dropped and unlike M$ sony never offered any type of replacement plan
All these new gamers that just started gaming with the 360/Ps3 dropping bull!!.

I'm ready for Microsofts move.
 02-24-2013, 04:12 PMaway - #19
Ra-da-god 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,269 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Se7en
All these new gamers that just started gaming with the 360/Ps3 dropping bull!!.

I'm ready for Microsofts move.
words My thompson drive launch Xbox still runs and thats after thousands of gaming hours between me and my bro fuk what these niccas talkin bout.....

the psx and ps2 was faulty as !! and sony barely got it right with the ps3 but yet they are known fa quality?
 02-24-2013, 04:25 PMonline - #20
Hovi Bryant 215 heat pts215

  d 
space
$15,732 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
That's how I see it to. Sony went from "we're going to let them show their cards first" to throwing a huge event all in a month's time. I don't think MS is really overly concerned because their strategy is vastly different and has worked quite well so far. It could be brilliant or a huge failure, it really depends on their execution.
Sony has 12 studios and only shown four games.

A few things are still in the air such as price and how the console looks.

More so, their stance on piracy and used games.

Microsoft just has to come out and show that they can do what the PS4 can do and some more.

What is more exactly? Because I know I will be pissed if they go on and on about everything not related to gaming like the past 2 E3 events.

I think Microsoft needs to drop some new IP's and things will get tight.

3 or 4 new games not related to Halo, Fable,and Gears. Come back to Alan Wake.

Things won't be really interesting until E3 in regards of everything being on the table.

Last edited by Hovi Bryant; 02-24-2013 at 04:28 PM..
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Official Washington Wizards(5) vs Chicago Bulls(4) First..
701 comments
Image inside  Who The Is This?
50 comments
NBA Pero Had The Pacers Shook (Bout That Life) (pic)
80 comments
  Young Thug Finally Admits To Being Gay:"broke Up ...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 158 comments - by YSPromoshunz
  Apr 19 - Inmates To Strike In Alabama, Declare Prison ...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Weilli
  If The Last Rapper You Listened To Had To Perform At Y...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 56 comments - by HeatMafia410
 NBA Jordan Finally Takes Picture With Chamillionaire (pic)
New reply 16 minutes ago - 96 comments - by Dray
 NBA Western Conference Playoffs - Round 1 - Golden State W...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 1372 comments - by SoulOnIce
 NBA Wc 1st Round-portland Trailblazer (5) @ Houston Rocket...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 1717 comments - by UrbanEnterprise
 Image(s) inside [chi Wire] Chief Keef Claiming His Old Hood Again? #400
New reply 14 minutes ago - 146 comments - by sdot216
 Article inside Nas' Album Sales: From "illmatic" To "l...
New reply 27 minutes ago - 89 comments - by dead or alive

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,705 fans of BX | none new today 4,649 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.