Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

IGN's 2012 Game of the Year Video

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
101 viewing
 Article inside This is the Article Dame Referred to when he spok..
96 comments
most viewed right now
96 viewing
 NFL Victor Cruz Warns Odell Beckham Jr. to 'Watch his Words'
20 comments

top in section
42 viewing
 NBA Goatbrook's numbers compared to the other three MVP Candi..
top in sports
top in section
33 viewing
Image inside Yeezy Season One Price List
top in gear

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 IGN's 2012 Game of the Year Video
topic by LaRy BLanco - 12-25-2012, 12:55 AM





> IGN's 2012 Game of the Year Video - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!jizzmen won


The following 2 BX residents gave props to LaRy BLanco (Sent To 9,396 Subscribers)  Da Ill One (12-25-2012) , HEAT HOT TOPIC (Blog'd,RSS'd,Tweet'd and Facebook'd)  (12-25-2012)

31 comments for "IGN's 2012 Game of the Year Video"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


 12-25-2012, 12:57 AMaway - #2
Jesszman 2199 heat pts2199 space
avatar
space
$29,808 | POWERFUL
Journey transcended gaming. Journey is currently on sale on PSN. $11 for PSN members, $7.50 for PS+ members.
 12-25-2012, 01:37 AMaway - #3
AyeDre 12 heat pts12 space
avatar
space
$10,273 | POWERFUL
Despite it being ign I might just dust off the ps3 and download this.
 12-25-2012, 02:03 AMaway - #4
Krazie 96 heat pts96 space
avatar
space
$30,461 | POWERFUL
The most overrated game I've ever played in my entire life. Amazing visuals, music and co-op mechanics, but it has zero other redeeming value to me.

Curious as to why you knocked gameplay for Walking Dead, Jesszman, but think this is the best game ever when it's literally walking through the desert 80% of the time?
 12-25-2012, 02:16 AMaway - #5
Jesszman 2199 heat pts2199 space
avatar
space
$29,808 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
The most overrated game I've ever played in my entire life. Amazing visuals, music and co-op mechanics, but it has zero other redeeming value to me.

Curious as to why you knocked gameplay for Walking Dead, Jesszman, but think this is the best game ever when it's literally walking through the desert 80% of the time?
because it was fun?
 12-25-2012, 02:19 AMaway - #6
Krazie 96 heat pts96 space
avatar
space
$30,461 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
because it was fun?
What made it more fun than The Walking Dead to you?

I'm just trying to see what is so critically acclaimed about this game. I'm really struggling.
 12-25-2012, 02:31 AMaway - #7
Jesszman 2199 heat pts2199 space
avatar
space
$29,808 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
What made it more fun than The Walking Dead to you?

I'm just trying to see what is so critically acclaimed about this game. I'm really struggling.
It provided an experience that no other game this year could match. The way it emphasized co-op without really emphasizing it was amazing. You didn't feel tethered by anybody you met, but at the same time, you wanted to stick together. When you lost sight of eachother, all you'd hear were chirps. It'd be like losing Clementine, you'd look for her to the ends of the earth. You were protecting eachother, guiding eachother on this journey up the mountain. Lose your partner? Sure, you'll gain another, but losing somebody who's been with you throughout the whole game isn't something that's easily replaceable. You're not going to have the same bond with this other person.

Those feelings and experiences are what made Journey such a fun game for me. Never has a video game really tapped into my emotions like Journey did.
 12-25-2012, 02:36 AMaway - #8
Krazie 96 heat pts96 space
avatar
space
$30,461 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
It provided an experience that no other game this year could match. The way it emphasized co-op without really emphasizing it was amazing. You didn't feel tethered by anybody you met, but at the same time, you wanted to stick together. When you lost sight of eachother, all you'd hear were chirps. It'd be like losing Clementine, you'd look for her to the ends of the earth. You were protecting eachother, guiding eachother on this journey up the mountain. Lose your partner? Sure, you'll gain another, but losing somebody who's been with you throughout the whole game isn't something that's easily replaceable. You're not going to have the same bond with this other person.

Those feelings and experiences are what made Journey such a fun game for me. Never has a video game really tapped into my emotions like Journey did.
The Walking Dead would.

As I said, Journey lacks mightily in any gameplay. The puzzles were lame, the flying aspects were cool briefly, but only really amazed me during the final sequence.

I wasn't emotionally attached to the game at all. I need character development to feel involved in a character. Not a 2 hour stroll through the desert. I understand the co-op was brilliant, I thought that was cool as sh*t, but it would've been waaaaay better if they had you doing puzzles that actually took thought and cooperation. I ended up running into a co-op partner that was nearly done with the area, totally cheating me out on doing it on my own. They could've handled quite a few things better.
 12-25-2012, 03:00 AMaway - #9
TheMob 80 heat pts80 space
avatar
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
I watched that video with the face
 12-25-2012, 11:53 AMaway - #10
LaRy BLanco 476 heat pts476 space
avatar
space
$37,171 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
The most overrated game I've ever played in my entire life. Amazing visuals, music and co-op mechanics, but it has zero other redeeming value to me.

Curious as to why you knocked gameplay for Walking Dead, Jesszman, but think this is the best game ever when it's literally walking through the desert 80% of the time?
agreed

game is hot trash with a stupid fu*king ending, how they chose this over all the other games released this year is beyond me
 12-25-2012, 02:36 PMaway - #11
Chuck_Remixed 56 heat pts56 space
avatar
space
$13,918 | POWERFUL
Not even top 5 best downloadable game but it was a enjoyable experience still.
 12-25-2012, 09:06 PMonline - #12
lboog1423 217 heat pts217 space
avatar
space
$21,035 | POWERFUL
somebody is really gonna have to fill me in on Journey, i played the demo when it dropped and i was left lookin
 12-25-2012, 09:09 PMonline - #13
#1nasfan  space
avatar
space
$10,196 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by lboog1423
somebody is really gonna have to fill me in on Journey, i played the demo when it dropped and i was left lookin
I just sat and watched 20 mins of Gameplay and had a similar look
 12-25-2012, 09:12 PMaway - #14
ANALGANG  space
avatar
space
$119 | 587275
:rudywhateve r:
 12-25-2012, 09:44 PMaway - #15
Krazie 96 heat pts96 space
avatar
space
$30,461 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by lboog1423
somebody is really gonna have to fill me in on Journey, i played the demo when it dropped and i was left lookin
I had that face for the entire 2 hours it took me to beat it.
 12-25-2012, 10:47 PMaway - #16
AyeDre 12 heat pts12 space
avatar
space
$10,273 | POWERFUL
glad I didn't get this. I got real close to hitting that add to cart.
 12-26-2012, 01:07 AMonline - #17
trex 16 heat pts16 space
avatar
space
$2,339 | 11025086
can't wait to try this...been meaning to since I saw all the early praise.
 12-26-2012, 01:12 AMaway - #18
Jesszman 2199 heat pts2199 space
avatar
space
$29,808 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by trex
can't wait to try this...been meaning to since I saw all the early praise.
It's discounted for PSN and PS+ members until Monday
 12-26-2012, 01:14 AMaway - #19
Krazie 96 heat pts96 space
avatar
space
$30,461 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by trex
can't wait to try this...been meaning to since I saw all the early praise.
You'd have more enjoyment by getting your balls waxed.
 12-26-2012, 12:09 PMaway - #20
DJ EM Double 7 heat pts space
avatar
space
$3,892 | POWERFUL
Walking dead was fu*king amazing I don't get the hype over this journey game
 

Home > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
35 viewing
NBA This nigga is a fu-king Bust!  
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Article inside Joe Montana Football 16 will be a Xbox One/PC Exc..
138 comments
@games
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Video inside A Night With Japan's Highest Paid Male Gigolo
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Image inside Wonder Woman Actress Gal Gadot Shows Off Her Physi..
108 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Image inside When Tim Allen Nearly Got a Life Sentence For Traf..
130 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Article inside You’re Paying Too Much for Wireless. Here’s how G..
13 comments
@tech
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Image inside Selfie Fail  
28 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Image inside American teen flies 7000 miles for online love- Sh..
201 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Image inside Apple's next iPhone may come with a feature that c..
28 comments
@tech


contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time.