Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

IGN Says Battlefield 4 could be GOTY

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
101 viewing
 Video inside Young Thug Boo'd in Baton Rouge, LA
79 comments
most viewed right now
87 viewing
 BOX Wladimir Klitschko Vs Bryan Jennings HBO
549 comments

top in section
39 viewing
 Video inside Apr 25 - Police Cars gettin smashed in Baltimore over Freddie Gray
top in news
top in section
16 viewing
Video inside Youtuber Gaming Room Setup..........one of a kind
top in games

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 IGN Says Battlefield 4 could be GOTY
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
2173 pageviews
49 comments

Da Ill One|M 3809 heat pts3809 space
space
$41,311 | POWERFUL
The official website of Battlefield 4 has gone live today, however its source code includes a hidden message that made some laugh and others cry out loud. It appears that IGN has already a promo article for DICE’s upcoming FPS title, suggesting that EA has partnered with IGN in order to promote it. That, or a DICE has already held a press event and showcased its title to a number of gaming portals, meaning that preview articles will start popping out in a couple of days.

[pic - click to view]

As we can clearly see in the image above (spotted by NeoGAF member ‘Wario64′), IGN has a preview article for Battlefield 4, stating that it could be the game of the year. After the debate about the exclusive on-going review that IGN has been allowed to publish, a lot of gamers felt that there was something fishy going on here between the publisher and the publication. Hell, even industrial personalities felt a bit awkward when they found out about it.

[pic - click to view]

Now there are two possibilities going on here. Either IGN is currently preparing an exclusive preview for DICE’s FPS – which explains the promo hidden message as IGN was the only website mentioned – or DICE has shown the game to other publications who have not finished their preview articles yet. However, we’ve not heard about any secret press event held for showcasing BF4 to the press (it’s secreeeeeeet, of course and you don’t know anything about it), so that’s definitely a bit weird.

Contrary to the review embargo of Bioshock: Infinite, this is nothing to be ashamed of, despite the reactions of gamers and industrial people. IGN naturally chose a sensationalist title to attract viewers, which explains the game of the year comment. Truth be told, some publications may feel cheated (if IGN was only shown the game before its official reveal) as they were not able to cover it, but that’s how the industry works.

After all, we haven’t seen anyone complaining about GameInformer’s exclusives reveals and previews, so this is not as bad as people make it seem!

Source
Props given to Da Ill One hot topic  (03-21-2013)

49 comments for "IGN Says Battlefield 4 could be GOTY"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #2
Msirae Faythung 467 heat pts467 space
space
$7,337 | POWERFUL
IGN's reviews have no integrity.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #3
space
$41,311 | POWERFUL
Msirae said:
IGN's reviews have no integrity.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #4
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 27 heat pts27 space
Miami-Dade County
space
$4,440 | POWERFUL
i mean, isnt that the general consensus though?

its Battlefield
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #5
space
$41,311 | POWERFUL
XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
i mean, isnt that the general consensus though?

its Battlefield
No lol.. MP mainly games dont win GOTY... the SP will ve less than 5 hours on the hardest setting again...
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #6
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 27 heat pts27 space
Miami-Dade County
space
$4,440 | POWERFUL
Da Ill One said:
No lol.. MP mainly games dont win GOTY... the SP will ve less than 5 hours on the hardest setting again...
i know bro, i was just kidding

i know the GOTY criteria is highly based off SP/Campaign

although, nowadays, i meet more and more ppl online who have never played the campaign of the game theyre on. they just hop straight on to MP and thats all they care about.

some ppl dont even wanna buy games if it doesnt have MP. i feel like the games who are SP heavy are losing ground which sucks. i make it a mission to get through the SP part of a game before i hit the MP.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #7
space
$41,311 | POWERFUL
XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
i make it a mission to get through the SP part of a game before i hit the MP.

Same here...I usually don't touch MP untill i've done at least some of the SP Campaign (I try to beat it before touching MP)...
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #8
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11 space
Legend By Blood
space
$5,376 | POWERFUL
Is this the same IGN that just gave Gears a 9.2?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #9
space
$41,311 | POWERFUL
LicensedLegend said:
Is this the same IGN that just gave Gears a 9.2?
Also the same IGN that has had reviews bought before, and pulls Kotaku and TMZ stories by throwing money or other stuff to get inside information...yes that would be them
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #10
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11 space
Legend By Blood
space
$5,376 | POWERFUL
Da Ill One said:
Also the same IGN that has had reviews bought before, and pulls Kotaku and TMZ stories by throwing money or other stuff to get inside information...yes that would be them
They can fu*k off then.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #11
D.IrIsH 31 heat pts31 space
space
$1,632 | POWERFUL
Da Ill One said:
Can this be proven?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #12
CadillacVyse 481 heat pts481 space
space
$17,894 | POWERFUL
Ign is the new payola!

But ign is like ESPN. n*ggas complain all day everyday but use them as their primary source of info.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #13
Hovi Bryant 258 heat pts258 space
space
$20,822 | POWERFUL
The article questions EA's practices in general. You guys harp on the integrity of IGN's reviews, which is fine. However, EA only allowing IGN to see BF4 way in advance of everyone else is just foul. Hand picking media members for a preview is misleading.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #14
space
$41,311 | POWERFUL
Hovi Bryant said:
The article questions EA's practices in general. You guys harp on the integrity of IGN's reviews, which is fine. However, EA only allowing IGN to see BF4 way in advance of everyone else is just foul. Hand picking media members for a preview is misleading.
EA already showed BF 4 to Gamestop managers at their manager conference a month or so ago...
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #15
space
$20,822 | POWERFUL
CadillacVyse said:
Ign is the new payola!

But ign is like ESPN. n*ggas complain all day everyday but use them as their primary source of info.
IGN and ESPN have multiple types of information to present to different to people.

For example, I could care less about SportsCenter or First Take. I will watch programs like 30/30 or ESPN News.

With IGN, their reviews aren't too far off from the general consensus. Smaller publications like Game Pro were much more suspectable to paid reviews because they need the traffic and need early games that other press would get no matter what.

Reviews aside, news is taken very seriously. To lump everything that ESPN and IGN does and discredit the accuracy of their news, is quite naive on your part. Journalistic integrity is taken very seriously in that regard.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #16
space
$20,822 | POWERFUL
Da Ill One said:
EA already showed BF 4 to Gamestop managers at their manager conference a month or so ago...
GameStop doesn't offer previews or reviews. Or video game news.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #17
space
$20,822 | POWERFUL
D.IrIsH said:
Can this be proven?
It can't. IGN is big enough to not need to do stuff like that.

The gains for a paid review is so marginal that there's no point.

They were goin to get a review copy even if they bashed every game the publisher gave them. Simply because of the traffic IGN has is significantly higher than competing websites.

This is due in part to several other divisions within IGN, such as movies, comics, and tech. So to sit there and say IGN is involved in this is quite stupid.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #18
CadillacVyse 481 heat pts481 space
space
$17,894 | POWERFUL
Hovi Bryant said:
IGN and ESPN have multiple types of information to present to different to people.

For example, I could care less about SportsCenter or First Take. I will watch programs like 30/30 or ESPN News.

With IGN, their reviews aren't too far off from the general consensus. Smaller publications like Game Pro were much more suspectable to paid reviews because they need the traffic and need early games that other press would get no matter what.

Reviews aside, news is taken very seriously. To lump everything that ESPN and IGN does and discredit the accuracy of their news, is quite naive on your part. Journalistic integrity is taken very seriously in that regard.
What Journalism does ESPN do? Every breaking story, who is the on reporting last and with the least amount of info? Sandusky, BernieFine, Teo, etc They are the last when it comes to integrity. They put themselves, their biggest contributors and special interest before journalistic integrity. They've lost a ton of talent journalist because they couldn't be objective! The Mike Leach situation was the k!lled all ESPN's credibility.

ESPN is good at being an RSS feed of others journalistic work.

As for IGN...do they even produce non (p)reviews anymore? I stop fuvkin with ign when their reviews became too convenient. Like moving the GameCube reviewer to review too human because he was a silicon knights fanboy. For any sort of game journalism I go to a site like polygon which has stories like how XCOM developed Jake Solomon its lead producer or how FTL and its devs are the opposite of fail.

Last edited by CadillacVyse; 03-21-2013 at 02:31 PM..
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #19
space
$20,822 | POWERFUL
CadillacVyse said:
What Journalism does ESPN do? Every breaking story, who is the on reporting last and with the least amount of info? Sandusky, BernieFine, Teo, etc They are the last when it comes to integrity. They put themselves, their biggest contributors and special interest before journalistic integrity. They've lost a ton of talent journalist because they couldn't be objective! The Mike Leach situation was the k!lled all ESPN's credibility.

ESPN is good at being an RSS feed of others journalistic work.

As for IGN...do they even produce non (p)reviews anymore? I stop fuvkin with ign when their reviews became too convenient. Like moving the GameCube reviewer to review too human because he was a silicon knights fanboy. For any sort of game journalism I go to a site like polygon which has stories like how XCOM developed Jake Solomon its lead producer or how FTL and its devs are the opposite of fail.
ESPN is a ridiculously large network. So for you to even ask that question ... Did you even try to see for yourself? Or do you not know what journalism is?

Bill Simmons is behind Grantland a very popular source for editorials on ESPN. Simply because he is a stats guy. You also had guys like John Holliger who go above and beyond the basic, watered down information and aynaisis presented on Sports Center or the main networks on TV.

IGN is no different in that regard. Some people may disregard the reviews, but still go there for the news or rumor mill. That's what makes these sites so dominant on the Internet. They have so many avenues for viewers to take, that it squeezes out all of their competition who may just have one our two types of information.

Which goes back to what the article is really about. EA is damaging their own credibility as a publisher by hand picking the best sources that may offer them a favorable review or preview. It's rather odd that they've chosen this tactic for BF4 which would have received praise no matter what.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #20
Chuck_Remixed 65 heat pts65 space
ohhhhhh
space
$14,147 | POWERFUL
D.IrIsH said:
Can this be proven?
Hasn't been proven yet . That said they've got caught plenty of times not playing a game thoroughly and then reviewing the game. Playing games on easy then reviewing it from that easy play.

Home > all sections > BX GameSpot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
26 viewing
Video inside Keep an eye on that pump next time you put gas
40 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Image inside Nas spotted in Barbados with Vanessa Bronfman
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Image inside First Look: Jared Leto As "The Joker"
292 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside Aidan Nycole Thread - Unbelievable Body Tho!!
45 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside Phone Photography...Post Your Best Pics!
42 comments
@tech
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside Apr 24 - ISIS new Video & Pictures- 30 Ethiopians and Eritreans b3head..
160 comments
@news
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside Ballin Beauty Jennifer Williams
45 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
10 viewing
You go back in time, what do you tell 2pac ?
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Rappers that are of Caribbean descent/heritage
260 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time