This is BX @ Boxden.com


Hooking up Computer to XBox w/ Ethernet Cable


 Hooking up Computer to XBox w/ Ethernet Cable
topic by XxTuRb04xX - 12-27-2005, 02:47 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot


Help me out someone...

I got my laptop hooked up to my XBox360 (obviously), thru the provided Ethernet Cable..it says it recognizes that its connected (it says "Wired"). But it goes to my IP Address and cant find it.

This is the only thing stoppin me...mad props for help


Latest Games Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

19 comments for "Hooking up Computer to XBox w/ Ethernet Cable"


 12-27-2005, 04:22 PM - #2
shynepee12 

  d 
space
$n/a |
same sh#t here i think we need a network setup tho
 12-27-2005, 04:37 PMaway - #3
Afekz 

  d 
space
$3,865 | POWERFUL
I'm pretty sure you need to be on live.
 12-27-2005, 09:09 PM - #4
gunit00 

  d 
space
$n/a |
Originally Posted by XxTuRb04xX
Help me out someone...

I got my laptop hooked up to my XBox360 (obviously), thru the provided Ethernet Cable..it says it recognizes that its connected (it says "Wired"). But it goes to my IP Address and cant find it.

This is the only thing stoppin me...mad props for help
You need a media center PC
 12-27-2005, 09:11 PMaway - #5
Skilllz 

  d 
space
$6,334 | 3941449
Do you want to get on Xbox Live? If so, connect it to a router or DSL/Cable Modem.
 12-27-2005, 09:28 PMaway - #6
IGOTSHITTZ 

  d 
space
$9,077 | POWERFUL
i got my 360 hooked up to a router, so it gets sh#t from the computer and gos on live without havin to switch sh#t around

go here

Last edited by IGOTSHITTZ; 12-27-2005 at 09:30 PM..
 12-28-2005, 02:48 AM - #7
djphyber 

  d 
space
$n/a |
if u got the laptop hooked up straight to the xbox 360..you need to be using a special crossover cable not just any old network cable that probably came with your laptop or even the 360...

And once you are using a crossover cable..Just set it up so that the DNS for your computer is your Xbox IP and the Xbox DNS is the Computer IP..that's it..ip's gotta be a local network address so here's how you should set it up

Computer
IP: 192.168.0.1
DNS: 192.168.0.2

Xbox:
IP: 192.168.0.2
DNS: 192.168.0.1



That's it

otherwise if you got a router you just hook the laptop to the router, the xbox to the router, and you're all set.

You don't need media center, you just get more options when you have media center. Without media center you do have to install something on the computer but when you go thru the xbox 360 it tells you about that
 12-28-2005, 03:23 AMaway - #8
Skilllz 

  d 
space
$6,334 | 3941449
You know, you can stream music and pictures even if you have WINDOWS XP. All you need is . WMC only works with Service Pack 2. That's how I play most of my music on the 360. I have the sh#t hooked up and I can stream all my albums. It's a beautiful thing.
 12-28-2005, 10:58 AMaway - #9
ndesent 

  d 
space
$1,176 | 1463125
you gotta go to that xbox.com/pcsetup and dl that sh#t to yo comp and you have to have windows xp wit sp2
 12-28-2005, 05:30 PMaway - #10
XxTuRb04xX 

  d 
space
$806 | 109692
OK...all I'm really tryin to do is get music off my comp onto my XBox (instead of ripping RETAIL/COPYRIGHTED CD's to the HDD). Anything else is just a plus.

Here's my problem...I'd be hooked up and ready to go, but I basically live in the basement and my HDTV is down here too. Thing is, I dont have any ethernet connections down here and my router is upstairs. Basically, I got nothin to connect it to beside my laptop.

DJ Phyber: I know how to wire CAT-5 cable, if I make a crossover cable, I'll be all set?

props for all who helped...ya'll the sh#t

Last edited by XxTuRb04xX; 12-28-2005 at 05:36 PM..
 12-28-2005, 05:41 PMaway - #11
Afekz 

  d 
space
$3,865 | POWERFUL
Can you connect your PC to your Xbox through a router?



Or does the Xbox have to be directly connected to your PC?
 12-28-2005, 05:42 PM - #12
djphyber 

  d 
space
$n/a |
Originally Posted by Afekz
Can you connect your PC to your Xbox through a router?



Or does the Xbox have to be directly connected to your PC?
yes thru a router is the easiest way honestly
 12-28-2005, 05:43 PM - #13
djphyber 

  d 
space
$n/a |
Originally Posted by XxTuRb04xX
OK...all I'm really tryin to do is get music off my comp onto my XBox (instead of ripping RETAIL/COPYRIGHTED CD's to the HDD). Anything else is just a plus.

Here's my problem...I'd be hooked up and ready to go, but I basically live in the basement and my HDTV is down here too. Thing is, I dont have any ethernet connections down here and my router is upstairs. Basically, I got nothin to connect it to beside my laptop.

DJ Phyber: I know how to wire CAT-5 cable, if I make a crossover cable, I'll be all set?

props for all who helped...ya'll the sh#t
If you plug a crossover from laptop to xbox you're good to go.

So yes just rewire it, since you know how it's easy i think you just switch around like 2 or 4 wires I did it a few times in the past and that's all you gotta do
 12-28-2005, 05:59 PMaway - #14
XxTuRb04xX 

  d 
space
$806 | 109692
Originally Posted by djphyber
If you plug a crossover from laptop to xbox you're good to go.

So yes just rewire it, since you know how it's easy i think you just switch around like 2 or 4 wires I did it a few times in the past and that's all you gotta do
good lookin out...i'ma try this.

fu#k a XBox360 wireless adapter for $100. Microsoft is out they mind
 12-28-2005, 06:01 PM - #15
djphyber 

  d 
space
$n/a |
Originally Posted by XxTuRb04xX
good lookin out...i'ma try this.

fu#k a XBox360 wireless adapter for $100. Microsoft is out they mind
4 real
 12-28-2005, 06:05 PM - #16
djphyber 

  d 
space
$n/a |
Originally Posted by ROCking585
can you play a modded xbox online
yea if you mod it before you go online..but that's the original xbox we talkin xbox 360 here i believe..and 360 isn't officially modded yet..
 12-28-2005, 07:04 PM - #17
gunit00 

  d 
space
$n/a |
Originally Posted by ROCking585
can you play a modded xbox online
Yeah, but you have to disable the mod b4 you go on live. Or else yah well be banned.
 12-28-2005, 10:45 PMaway - #18
Afekz 

  d 
space
$3,865 | POWERFUL
Ayo phyber.

I ran the Media Software...and when it gets to the point to "Authorize" my Xbox 360...It says that it cannot be found.

It suggests that i make sure that my Xbox is plugges into my Home Network.




I am using a router. And while im doing all this, I am on Xbox Live.




Any ideas??? I tried the troubleshooting part of the xbox setup website...but there was no help.
 12-29-2005, 07:18 PMaway - #19
Afekz 

  d 
space
$3,865 | POWERFUL
^^^ Anybody know?
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Oct 23 - WATCH: Little Foul-mouthed Princesses Rampant..
50 comments
Oct 23 - Substitute Teacher Gives Student A BJ On Her First Day
116 comments
Oct 23 - Ebola in NYC
82 comments
 Image(s) inside Jaime Fox's Hairline Has A Taper Implant
New reply 9 seconds ago - 53 comments - by foshomoney
 Video inside Guy Jumps White House Fence And Owns 2 German Shepherds
New reply 10 minutes ago - 95 comments - by st21
  Phil Spencer On Whether He Would Have Made Xbox One Mo...
New reply 44 seconds ago - 94 comments - by Da Ill One
 Image(s) inside Oct 22 - Female Gym Teacher Caught Sleeping With Young...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 102 comments - by BlessInTheSky
 Video inside Age Of Ultron Trailer 1
New reply 2 minutes ago - 274 comments - by Jesszman
 Image(s) inside Ransom Jumps In Ilovemakonnen Beef With Troy Ave After...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 91 comments - by PyrexVisionary
  Is There Any Rapper That Never "fell Off"?
New reply 8 minutes ago - 154 comments - by JewsusChrist
 Image(s) inside White Girl Got Azz!!!!!!
New reply 15 minutes ago - 107 comments - by tokinjohn

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.