This is BX @ Boxden.com

GTA V coming to PC 10 facts that prove this?

GTA V coming to PC 10 facts that prove this?
topic by Da Ill One - 01-11-2013, 07:59 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

I didn't write this i'm just sharing it... it was written by S1LV3R_W0LF on the Official GTA Forums

Brings up some good points...for those of you waiting for the Peasant version instead of the Console Gamer Master Race platform > GTA V coming to PC 10 facts that prove this? - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

1 - Rockstar wrote on Steam News the in the exact same day it was announced to be out for consoles Spring 2013 (console games aren't announced there unless they are also planned for the PC platform):

As you can see it wasn't a fake account like some first said, and they even replied to the users that most of the time said they were happy because was coming to PC, and things like that and Rockstar never said otherwise.

Later this sort of comments started to appear, so why would Rockstar pissing users so much? Either cofirm it or not, but not post information on a platform that "won't get a release":

Oh and I did a search on Steam, and there were also published news from Rockstar on L.A. Noire, GTAIV, Max Payne 3 and others but not a single one on Red Dead Revolver.

2 - Rockstar made the mistake of including parts of their test files in a Social Club Update (that or some employee about to get fired did it), they made another update right after and removed the content and the folder labeled GTAV but tthey never gave any explanation:

RockstarNexus - News

3 - The leaks/ mistakes of well known websites like IGN, Gamespot, Amazon that listed the game for PC even after the platforms announcement. Some removed it others didn't, and let's be honest IGN was in R* HQ I'm sure they know a bit more then we do but the NDA/ Embargo would get them in trouble if they said something, they already got in trouble a few times for leaks like those:

Grand Theft Auto V - PC - IGN

4 - The 2 CV leaks from Rockstar employees that mentioned they were working in GTAV and was being developed for Xbox360, PS3 and PC:

http://www.gamefront.com/leaked-rock...ps-in-october/

5 - The few messages sent to Rockstar support where people made technical questions about hardware and specifications with them answering as if they knew what the game will need for PC, when the normal answer would be "we don't have any information about that".

6 - The EB Games Store that had PC BOX (not the final cover) but same as the consoles but with the PC label on given by Rockstar for PC Pre-Orders (someone opened a R* box too soon I bet):

7 - Store posters with GTAV artwork where you can read Xbox360/PS3 and PC.

They where the ones who posted it:

Grand Theft Auto V op PC Games

Although the link that had the image is now dead and I don't know where I've put the image I downloaded back then:

Grand Theft Auto V PC Version? Game Mania Ad - RockstarBase.com|RockstarBase.com

EDIT: The links are working again, and just by any case, I'm posting the screenshots of the website and the advertising ad of this Dutch & Belgium retailer, notice that it is set as "Hot Pre-Order" no one would do this if they weren't sure about it. Also notice that the Box Art is exactly the same of EB Games and it's not GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE like many claim, it's GAMES FOR WINDOWS, which is a common label for all PC Games with support for Xbox360 controller (this must be the common artwork box given by Rockstar too retailers for PC till they get the final one out):

8 - Some interventions in this same website few years ago, where Rockstar Toronto stated that they would treat the PC platform differently with next GTA and they would unleash the real capabilities of the engine that was still "too young" and they were just learning how to handle it properly.

I can't find where exactly that is, If I remember right was when they posted the first information about the coming Patch and everyone asked why no DX10 and other technical questions, but I'll leave their profile here, in case someone wanna look for it in GTAIV PC Section:

Board Message

9 - There was also the leak of information of a guy in this same forum, that he said he worked for Rockstar and he knew the game was too be released back in 2010 the first time, then 2011, 2012 and then was changed again, he stated the game was being developed for consoles and PC and he gave links to some "Inside" posts mentioning GTAV and even that Rockstar had a plan for a GTA kind of Game for online, like APB.

He also mentioned some interesting facts, like the game would have 3 characters, Albert, Franklin and Trevor, the funny thing is that he mentioned this months ago, before we even knew of the existence of 3 characters (clearly the first information of a character named Alberto da Silva was real and maybe that caused a delay in the game release, because was changed to Michael), he also mentioned about the size of the map that was the same said by GameInformer and few other things, unfortunately the link was deleted or something by the Admins of this forum (that have ties with Rockstar, at least one of the Admins does), but I'm sure a lot of people had the chance to see that and maybe downloaded the pics or took screens?

The link was this and was pointed out by a member named sats:

GTAForums.com

EDIT: Found the images I had stored in my HDD (maybe they'll get deleted again, specially if they are "too hot"):

The post with the information leak about the 3 characters with accurate names, except for Albert that later was replaced with Michael (message posted in March 2012 before we even knew about multi characters):

One of the images he posted to prove he was part of Rockstar and the game was originally planned to be released in 2010, like the first rumors said and also you can see and as he stated in another thread I didn't took a screenshot it was being developed to PC since the beginning, what indicates that most likely won't be another port:

10 -Rockstar said that the Crews in Max Payne 3 could be used for GTAV, so it wouldn't be fair or made any sense if they said this and the PC players that bought the game expecting to have their friends in their crews for GTA V, be left out.

Reason why it wasn't announced yet, my guess is that Rockstar want to milk consoles first specially being this the last year of their "life" at least as the top in the market. And since there was no rumors of any agreements with SONY or Microsoft like there was with GTAIV, and specially because right after GTAIV was released both SONY and MICROSOFT said they wouldn't pay for exclusivity again because they didnt reach their objectives (sell more consoles), it's possible that the PC version is released weeks or 1 or 2 months after the consoles, maybe same like was done with Max Payne 3.

And thats it, not trying to ruin Rockstar plans or anything like it, just stating some facts to give hope to some desperate players that are waiting for the confirmation of Rockstar, specially after reading that "up for consideration article", but the fact is that there was a misinterpretation of it, the question was made for other versions including PC and Wii U and the answer was all is up for consideration, maybe if the question was directed for PC version only, the answer would be different.

I think I'm forgetting something but it's late here and I can't think right, but I'll update this when I remember or I get something more to be added.

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

17 comments for "GTA V coming to PC 10 facts that prove this?"

01-11-2013, 08:24 AMaway - #2
EGO 46 heat pts46

d 
space
$28,199 | POWERFUL
I don't think there was ever any doubt it'd be coming to PC. The question is how long will it take?
 01-11-2013, 08:27 AMaway - #3
Da Ill One|M 3305 heat pts3305

d 
space
$37,334 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by e G o Maniac
I don't think there was ever any doubt it'd be coming to PC. The question is how long will it take?
Yeah true...but I know some people were saying it would come at all because of RDR not coming to PC, and all that mess...
 01-11-2013, 08:43 AMaway - #4
kushkulture420 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$921 | 10507040
yeah itll definitely come to PC no doubt. but not anytime soon. if u look at the R* official newswire they threaten to stop people froom commenting if they asked about when the PC version will release. they just simply said "we are only developing for 360 and PS3 at this time"
 01-11-2013, 09:31 AMaway - #5
DarkSidesHero 304 heat pts304

d 
space
$8,935 | POWERFUL
It'll be on the PC in DX11 goodness. Then expect a dx11 patch for the next gen consoles.
 01-11-2013, 09:32 AMaway - #6
Y.G. 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$22,580 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
Yeah true...but I know some people were saying it would come at all because of RDR not coming to PC, and all that mess...
The PC Peasant Race didn't get Red Dead Redemption?

Last edited by Y.G.; 01-11-2013 at 09:48 AM..
 01-11-2013, 09:46 AMaway - #7
Da Ill One|M 3305 heat pts3305

d 
space
$37,334 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
The PC Peasant Race didn't get Read Dead Redemption?
No sir
 01-11-2013, 09:49 AMaway - #8
Y.G. 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$22,580 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
No sir
Poor PC peasants.
 01-11-2013, 10:49 AMaway - #9
LaRy BLanco 365 heat pts365

d 
space
$30,117 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
The PC Peasant Race didn't get Red Dead Redemption?
one of the best games of this gen cant even be played on PC,sad

but if it did imagine the mods for that shyt
 01-11-2013, 10:51 AMaway - #10
LaRy BLanco 365 heat pts365

d 
space
$30,117 | POWERFUL
ohh and Wii-U lost
 01-11-2013, 11:01 AMaway - #11
Defjm 1 heat pts

d 
space
$992 | 1585198
my pc is not ready. i wonder what the recommended specs will be.
 01-11-2013, 11:03 AMaway - #12
ThePainkiller 288 heat pts288

d 
space
$50,000 | POWERFUL
Of course it will. Rockstar needs someone to steal ideas from.
 01-11-2013, 12:15 PMaway - #13
BMS 8 heat pts

d 
space
$2,731 | 8984306
smh at pc gamers
 01-11-2013, 12:18 PMaway - #14
Arson 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$26,559 | POWERFUL
they should take their time and make sure it runs flawlessly on day 1
 01-11-2013, 12:44 PMaway - #15
Y.G. 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$22,580 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LAwLB15
one of the best games of this gen cant even be played on PC,sad

but if it did imagine the mods for that shyt
Poor PC peasants can only imagine playing the great RDR.
 01-12-2013, 03:20 AMaway - #16
Pleasure Boy 337 heat pts337

d 
space
$4,821 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LAwLB15
ohh and Wii-U lost
Like they do since it was announced... Wii U reali aint !!
 01-13-2013, 03:27 AMaway - #17
white-chocolate 107 heat pts107

d 
space
$9,093 | POWERFUL
don't see why it wouldn't
Rockstar likes their $$$

why not get it from 3 source (PC, XBox, PS3)
hell if Nintendo wasn't so kid related they could put it out there too
jump into apps and !!
my cousin be playing san andreas and vice city on his ipad for hours lately

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
112 comments
Image inside  Thick Vietnamese chick named Kandy...
60 comments
Image inside  Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
66 comments
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 4 minutes ago - 256 comments - by JordanWest86
 Video inside Video Of Bleached Up Dancehall Dj Vybz Kartel’s Allege...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 51 comments - by ajeana
 Video inside Rita Ora At The Breakfast Club: Jayz, Rihanna Clone, R...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 107 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Image(s) inside This Girls Dad Came Out Of Nowhere (gif)
New reply 42 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Aleandroid
  Worst Movie Endings
New reply 10 minutes ago - 90 comments - by tre0624
  If They Rebooted "white Men Can't Jump"
New reply 45 minutes ago - 73 comments - by -ThE~DoN~LoN-
 Video inside Dr. Dre Or Pharrell??
New reply 10 minutes ago - 94 comments - by AngOmusic93
 NBA Tim Donaghy: Nba Has Told Refs To Give Nets Calls Over...
New reply 45 minutes ago - 70 comments - by ogballer32

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,649 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.