This is BX @ Boxden.com

GTA 5 Release Date Pushed Back To 2014? Microsoft Leaks Delayed 'Grand Theft Auto' Launch!

GTA 5 Release Date Pushed Back To 2014? Microsoft Leaks Delayed 'Grand Theft Auto' Launch!
topic by tsdf38 - 04-07-2013, 03:36 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

The GTA 5 release date was supposed to arrive on September 17, 2013, but it looks like Rockstar may not be done torturing us just yet. The latest rumors claim that Microsoft's new pre-order deal leaked the actual launch for the end of December, Auto-oMobile reports. Read on for more GTA 5 release date news and spoilers.

Follow Us

Is the GTA 5 release date still secure at September 17 or will "Grand Theft Auto" fans be forced to wait three more grueling months before they can get their hands on the game and hit the streets of Los Santos. New reports of a special Microsoft Pre-Order deal may have inadvertently revealed that the launch won't arrive until December 31st. No, this isn't a bad dream, but thankfully it still just a rumor... for now.

The latest GTA 5 release date rumors surfaced after Microsoft announced a pretty awesome deal for gamers who pre-order the new "Grand Theft Auto" title through their Xbox 360 online store: buy it from them in advance and they'll give you 1600 Microsoft points for free! That's the good news, and if you've already pre-ordered somewhere else you there's still plenty of time to cancel your purchase and take advantage of the company's generous offer.

The bad news for the GTA 5 release date is that according to Microsoft's new pre-order special, gamers will have until December 31st, 2013 to purchase the new "Grand Theft Auto" title in advance. Does this mean the new game won't hit stores until next year? We're hopeful that this is a simple error, and that the last day of 2013 was listed as an obvious mistake that will soon be corrected. Furthermore, we're pretty sure the game is coming to PS3 and Xbox 360, but it it gets delayed until 2014 those systems will be obsolete.

Auto-oMobile appears to have scooped this GTA 5 release date rumor. Check out their report:

What is interesting though is that Microsoft states the deal is only in limited supply so you should order quick. However in the terms and conditions, they put the GTA 5 pre-order window as ending on December 31st 2013...

So the obvious question is how does the offer end on Dec. 31, 2013 if GTA 5 is due out on September 17, and you're supposed to pre-order? Is there the possibility that the GTA 5 release date is being pushed back to the Christmas holidays? And if so does this apply to the Xbox 360 version only?

...Of course all these are just rumors at the moment and forum goers are still trying to figure out what it means.

Whether the GTA 5 release date arrives in September 17 or is delayed until 2014, "Grand Theft Auto" fans are still sore over the initial news the game wouldn't be launching in spring 2013, as early rumors suggested. The infuriating news actually lead to some gamers developing a conspiracy theory to explain Rockstar's decision, and the theory gained so much momentum that the company was forced to publicly deny the claims:

Hey all, we understand many of you guys are disappointed with this news - unfortunately sometimes such delays are necessary in all forms of entertainment, and especially in the case of a game experience as massive and complex as GTAV. However this does not give you free reign to be abusive in comments. The general rules of common courtesy, decency and behavior as listed above the Comment Box still apply here, therefore anyone continuing to post abusive comments will have their privileges suspended.

Also:

To those of you saying or seeing various conspiracy theories about there being some other ulterior motive for this delay, rest a$sured that they're all nonsense - literally the only reason we've delayed the release is because we want the game to be as good as it needs to be.

The GTA 5 release date may not arrive until 2014, but that didn't stop Rockstar from releasing the official box art (pictured above) for the new game last week. The cover has pretty much everything you could hope for in a "Grand Theft Auto" game: guns, girls, helicopters, motorcycles, gas masks and terrifying guard dogs.

Here's Rockstar's official press release form last week, promising the GTA 5 release date for September 17:

NEW YORK -- (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Jan. 31, 2013 --

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that [GTA 5] is expected to launch worldwide for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on September 17, 2013.

Los Santos: a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and fading celebrities, once the envy of the Western world, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap reality TV. Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for real opportunities and serious money; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life.

"[GTA 5] continues to push the series forward in new ways; Rockstar North are creating our deepest, most beautiful and most immersive world yet," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We are very excited for people to learn more about the game in the coming months."

The September release date moves the launch back from its original projected release window of spring 2013 in order to allow additional development time. The biggest, most dynamic and most diverse open world Rockstar Games has yet created, Grand Theft Auto V blends storytelling and gameplay in new ways as players repeatedly jump in and out of the lives of the game's three lead characters, playing all sides of the game's interwoven story.

All the classic hallmarks of the groundbreaking series return, including incredible attention to detail and Grand Theft Auto's darkly humorous take on modern culture, alongside a brand new and ambitious approach to open world multiplayer.

Can't wait for the GTA 5 release date? Tell us what you're most excited about in the comments below and check out these other stories for more "Grand Theft Auto" news and info:

GTA 5 Release Date Pushed Back To 2014? Microsoft Leaks Delayed 'Grand Theft Auto' Launch![REPORT] - International Digital Times

> GTA 5 Release Date Pushed Back To 2014? Microsoft Leaks Delayed 'Grand Theft Auto' Launch! - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!> GTA 5 Release Date Pushed Back To 2014? Microsoft Leaks Delayed 'Grand Theft Auto' Launch! - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!> GTA 5 Release Date Pushed Back To 2014? Microsoft Leaks Delayed 'Grand Theft Auto' Launch! - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

79 comments for "GTA 5 Release Date Pushed Back To 2014? Microsoft Leaks Delayed 'Grand Theft Auto' Launch!"

04-07-2013, 03:39 PMaway - #2
LakeHawks 101 heat pts101

d 
space
$12,992 | POWERFUL
They lien.....

....aint because of microsoft.....

....Bioshock taking that GTOY....

which is a take 2 product just like GTA5....why go to war with your own product?
 04-07-2013, 03:43 PMaway - #3
Jesszman 2172 heat pts2172

d 
space
$29,351 | POWERFUL
If this were true, so many dudes on BX would commit $uicide.
 04-07-2013, 03:54 PMaway - #4
DarkSidesHero 304 heat pts304

d 
space
$8,933 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Pierced Talentz
They lien.....

....aint because of microsoft.....

....Bioshock taking that GTOY....

which is a take 2 product just like GTA5....why go to war with your own product?
....Come on now. Releasing BS and GTA would be stupid but releasing these games MONTHS apart makes more sense. I doubt they pushed it back to 2014 just so BS can get GOTY.

Imagine if they game was delayed on the 360/720 due to Sony getting a 6 month exclusive deal
 04-07-2013, 03:56 PMaway - #5
Da Ill One|M 3568 heat pts3568

d 
space
$39,552 | POWERFUL
While it would definitely suck, that would be a way to start the new year off right I guess... I doubt it comes out that late...TT needs it to be within that Sep - Oct. time frame
 04-07-2013, 04:12 PMaway - #6

d 
space
$12,992 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DarkSidesHero
Imagine if they game was delayed on the 360/720 due to Sony getting a 6 month exclusive deal
I would not be mad at all......the city better be interactive and hella live.
 04-07-2013, 04:44 PMaway - #7
Krazie 91 heat pts91

d 
space
$25,726 | POWERFUL
12/31/2013 is an obvious placeholder date, they probably just didn't update it for some reason. No one, not even Rockstar, is gonna release a game 6 days after Christmas, not to mention New Year's Eve.

This article is all kinds of ####ed up. Said "here's the press release from last week with the release date" even though the press release was from January 31st.

I'd laugh my a$s off if it does get delayed to 2014 though.
 04-07-2013, 04:46 PMaway - #8
ThePainkiller 299 heat pts299

d 
space
$52,839 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Krazie
12/31/2013 is an obvious placeholder date, they probably just didn't update it for some reason. No one, not even Rockstar, is gonna release a game 6 days after Christmas, not to mention New Year's Eve.

This article is all kinds of ####ed up. Said "here's the press release from last week with the release date" even though the press release was from January 31st.

I'd laugh my a$s off if it does get delayed to 2014 though.
This.
 04-07-2013, 04:57 PMaway - #9
Cya Nerd 162 heat pts162

d 
space
$15,063 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
Miami heat / giant fans will
 04-07-2013, 04:59 PMonline - #10
dennissantos54 

d 
space
$147 | 863258
LAwLB15 lost
 04-07-2013, 05:00 PMaway - #11
Cya Nerd 162 heat pts162

d 
space
$15,063 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dennissantos54
LAwLB15 lost
Oh you know it

04-07-2013, 05:07 PMaway - #12

d 
space
$12,992 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
Originally Posted by shaneinsane

Originally Posted by dennissantos54
LAwLB15 lost
 04-07-2013, 06:37 PMaway - #13
ShadyVsEminem 191 heat pts191

d 
space
$15,145 | POWERFUL
That Bioshock game can win all the GOTY awards it likes but deep down everyone will know its not especially the reviewers
 04-07-2013, 06:39 PMaway - #14
WiLL 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$8,978 | POWERFUL
This #### is becoming Detox

Last edited by WiLL; 04-07-2013 at 07:10 PM..
 04-07-2013, 07:07 PMaway - #15
Da Ill One|M 3568 heat pts3568

d 
space
$39,552 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ShadyVsEminem
That Bioshock game can win all the GOTY awards it likes but deep down everyone will know its not especially the reviewers
Wtf are you talking about...everyone knows its GOTY
 04-07-2013, 07:17 PMaway - #16
Jesszman 2172 heat pts2172

d 
space
$29,351 | POWERFUL
Still need to finish it, but I have to agree so far. There's just way too much shooter. I remember entering some place, and just taking in the scenery. I walked around a little bit stood beside a lady, looked to my left and a guard looked at me and then started a firef!ght. I whirled around after k!lling him and everybody else was gone, it was just me and more guards.
 04-07-2013, 07:45 PMaway - #17
Krazie 91 heat pts91

d 
space
$25,726 | POWERFUL
You're out of your mind. Its up there as one of the best of this generation, easily.
 04-07-2013, 08:40 PMonline - #18
coolio 44 heat pts44

d 
space
$16,221 | POWERFUL
Oh you know it

#### are u so happy about? it would just mean u'd have to wait till 2015 for the PC version
 04-07-2013, 08:41 PMaway - #19
Infamous2o1x 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$10,504 | POWERFUL
 04-07-2013, 08:48 PMaway - #20
DoMieD 1 heat pts

d 
space
$41,683 | POWERFUL
One of the dumbest articles and thread I've seen in a while

Feel sorry for the clown who thought he was onto something

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Samsung Galaxy S5 Beats iPhone 6 In New Benchmarks
85 comments
Ios 8 now available
111 comments
Image inside  Sep 17 - Pizza Hut testing 'Skinny Slice'
63 comments
 NFL Brandon Marshall Of Chicago Bears Being Accused Of Pun...
New reply 23 seconds ago - 122 comments - by ant30ant33
 Image(s) inside Sep 17 - White Guy Taunts Immigrant Family By Plasteri...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 52 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Article inside 50 Cent Is Bipolar, Torae Says
New reply 2 minutes ago - 84 comments - by ajeana
 NBA Lebron's Hairline, Has Also Come Back Home. (pic)
New reply 7 minutes ago - 133 comments - by TnTbadman
 Image(s) inside Kendrick Lamar-i Love Myself Artwork
New reply 3 minutes ago - 122 comments - by RoyceDa59
  Big K.r.i.t.-see Me On Top Vol 4 Anticipation/discussi...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 148 comments - by RoyceDa59
 Image(s) inside Smash Or Pass: Mexican Bbw Singer Janney Marin Aka Chi...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 103 comments - by OchoLoco
  Name The 3 Biggest Mysteries In Hip Hop
New reply 19 minutes ago - 150 comments - by DASKCREW1

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.