This is BX @ Boxden.com

First inFAMOUS: Second Son - Story, Setting, Gameplay Details and Protagonist Revealed

First inFAMOUS: Second Son - Story, Setting, Gameplay Details and Protagonist Revealed
topic by Jesszman - 02-20-2013, 09:07 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

Earlier this evening, Sony and Sucker Punch teamed up to show us what an inFAMOUS title can do on the PlayStation 4. This new entry in the series is inFAMOUS: Second Son, and it looks like we have our first details about the story! Join us after the jump to see what kind of mischief you'll be getting into this time around.

inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4) - YouTube

Taking place in Seattle, the events of inFAMOUS: Second Son unfold a mere seven years following the shocking conclusion of inFAMOUS 2. In that time, more conduits have awakened, super-powered humans have sprung up every which way, and the government has put together the Department of Unified Protection to take care of these new conduits. The DUP's job is simple: gather up anyone with powers under the guise that they're a "bio-terrorist." What they're doing with the captured conduits remains to be said, but we can guess it's not good.

That's where our protagonist, Delsin Rowe, comes in. A Seattle native, Delsin's backstory is a mystery. The story goes as follows: Delsin was saving people from a bus wreck when he discovered he can control and transform into smoke, a power we saw him exhibit in tonight's trailer. It's not anything to write home about but it's probably best to a$sume it's Ray Sphere related in some way, shape , or form. It's when Delsin gets put on the DUP's capture list that he decides to round up the conduits and take a stand.

Sucker Punch has also hinted that karma decisions - an element that played a crucial role in the previous inFAMOUS titles - will make a return. Oh, and Second Son's trailer was all in-engine! So far, the game sounds great and we'd like to get our hands on it ourselves, but we'll have to wait for another day. In the mean time, check out the trailer and tell us what you think!

Latest Games Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

46 comments for "First inFAMOUS: Second Son - Story, Setting, Gameplay Details and Protagonist Revealed"

02-20-2013, 09:29 PMaway - #2
The Bearded One 43 heat pts43

d 
space
$3,892 | POWERFUL
im looking forward to this game, the inFamous series is one of the best games out there IMO. im curious how exactly they are going to tie this game in with the other and whether cole will make an appearance in it.
 02-20-2013, 09:32 PMonline - #3
Krazie 89 heat pts89

d 
space
$24,780 | POWERFUL
You really need to stop using exclamation points in your articles. It exposes just how biased you are towards certain things. I can always tell which articles you write within the first paragraph or two without even looking at the link.

Just some positive criticism.
 02-20-2013, 09:43 PMaway - #4
Soraci7 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$13,509 | POWERFUL
Yes Jesszman, stop using ! you come off needy in your writing which takes away from the product. Let the #### speak for itself.
 02-20-2013, 09:55 PMaway - #5
Jesszman 2145 heat pts2145

d 
space
$28,971 | POWERFUL
alright, thanks
 02-20-2013, 10:17 PMonline - #6
Yung Dilla 1201 heat pts1201

d 
space
$41,324 | POWERFUL
Damn i gotta finish infamous 1 than two
 02-20-2013, 10:23 PMaway - #7

d 
space
$28,971 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Yung Dilla
Damn i gotta finish infamous 1 than two
inFAMOUS 2 is still free with PS+
 02-20-2013, 11:32 PMonline - #8

d 
space
$41,324 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
inFAMOUS 2 is still free with PS+
i don't have ps+ unfortunately
 02-20-2013, 11:33 PMaway - #9

d 
space
$28,971 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Yung Dilla
i don't have ps+ unfortunately
Dang bro. think you can finish it in 30 days?
 02-20-2013, 11:36 PMonline - #10
Krazie 89 heat pts89

d 
space
$24,780 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jesszman
Dang bro. think you can finish it in 30 days?
Jesszman stays trying to bring his favorite company's stock down.
 02-21-2013, 12:03 AMonline - #11
Mintz 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$5,470 | POWERFUL
so is my man from 1 & 2 earth food?
 02-21-2013, 12:18 AMonline - #12
Trap$tar 7 heat pts

d 
space
$7,565 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by somerandomguy
im looking forward to this game, the inFamous series is one of the best games out there IMO. im curious how exactly they are going to tie this game in with the other and whether cole will make an appearance in it.
That's where the infamous story gets tricky because of the different endings. He becomes the most powerful being at the end of the evil ending and he dies in the good ending. I believe all conduits die in the good ending so if there are still conduits then I guess Cole is still alive.

Last edited by Da Ill One; 02-21-2013 at 05:57 AM..
 02-21-2013, 03:32 AMaway - #13
Left Hook 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$12,143 | POWERFUL
He didn't necessarily die at the end of 2. Wasn't there a ! at the end? Can't wait for this. inFAMOUS is one of my favourite series of the current gen, right alongside Mass Effect, Bioshock and Uncharted.
 02-21-2013, 03:38 AMonline - #14
Trap$tar 7 heat pts

d 
space
$7,565 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Left Hook
He didn't necessarily die at the end of 2. Wasn't there a ! at the end? Can't wait for this. inFAMOUS is one of my favourite series of the current gen, right alongside Mass Effect, Bioshock and Uncharted.
Nah he die in the good ending and takes over as The Beast in the evil ending.

Also his powers seem like they are a combo of Cole's and Nix's.

Last edited by Da Ill One; 02-21-2013 at 05:57 AM..
 02-21-2013, 06:33 AMaway - #15
IronMaiden 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$12,119 | POWERFUL
This is easily my most anticipated PS4 exclusive so far
 02-21-2013, 08:05 AMaway - #16
joshdogg26 131 heat pts131

d 
space
$23,893 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Trap$tar

nah, they take his body out to sea or whatever, then you see a lightning bolt in the shape of a question mark implying that he might still be alive
 02-21-2013, 09:01 AMonline - #17

d 
space
$41,324 | POWERFUL
How much is infamous 2? i have infamous 1 when the ps network got hacked and they let you have free games..
 02-21-2013, 09:06 AMaway - #18
The Bearded One 43 heat pts43

d 
space
$3,892 | POWERFUL
That's where the infamous story gets tricky because of the different endings. He becomes the most powerful being at the end of the evil ending and he dies in the good ending. I believe all conduits die in the good ending so if there are still conduits then I guess Cole is still alive.
Originally Posted by Left Hook

Originally Posted by joshdogg26
nah, they take his body out to sea or whatever, then you see a lightning bolt in the shape of a question mark implying that he might still be alive
I personally think in the good ending he is still a live. the thunderstorm some how is going to bring him back. it does look like this game is using the bad ending as canon though becuase of all the conduits being activated right? If thats the case then cole is alive somewhere in universe.
 02-21-2013, 11:26 PMonline - #19

d 
space
$41,324 | POWERFUL
I'm gonna finish the first one sometime this week i started it but became overwhelmed with games lol... I'll get the second off amazon for 4 dollars..
 02-22-2013, 08:24 AMaway - #20
Trilluminati GA 339 heat pts339

d 
space
$29,514 | POWERFUL
This will be my 1st Infamous game ever....
Never played it

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  kevin hart won!
77 comments
EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access
74 comments
NFL DeSean Jackson Says Redskins Fans Are More Supportive Th..
51 comments
 NBA Who You With? 1, 2, 3, Or 4
New reply 24 seconds ago - 184 comments - by Brolic
 Image(s) inside Lucy: Why I'm Tired Of Seeing People On The Big S...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 62 comments - by illmatic826
  Jul 28 - Orthodox Jews With Herpes Need To Stop Applyi...
New reply 44 seconds ago - 77 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Terrence Howard Owes $325k To Ex-wifey- Claims Extorti...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 57 comments - by beeasy50
 Image(s) inside Free Lil Reese
New reply 1 minute ago - 127 comments - by WizLatifa
  Bang 3 Tracklist
New reply 5 minutes ago - 74 comments - by Kwestluv91
 NFL Steve Smith In That Purple & Black! (pic)
New reply 1 minute ago - 69 comments - by FreeBigga
  How Ronnie (bel Biv Devoe) Get Away With This Pedo Lyr...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 58 comments - by ItsAlwaysMe

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,758 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.