Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Facts Discussion about Blizzards Mystery MMO: Titan

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
123 viewing
 NBA PIC | Kobe Bryant Doesnt Have Any Chill In Him...
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
75 viewing
Image inside Nicki Minaj Is Pregnant By Meek Mill?
165 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
74 viewing
 Video inside the beef they didn't show u in str8 outta compton...from beef dvd
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
67 viewing
 Image inside Chelsea Handler Ditches Underwear, Covers Up With An Apple In Strange ..
130 comments
@misc
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)
 

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Facts Discussion about Blizzards Mystery MMO: Titan
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - on now - #1
1331 pageviews
14 comments


DreamChasers 74 heat pts74 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,000 | POWERFUL
Hello Friends, today we are discussing what we know about Blizzards next confirmed MMO project entitled, Titan. I will just provide a list of sourced information I have found from the internet.

In 2004-2007 Ensemble Studios was working on MMO called TITAN, there is speculation that the companies are in cahoots together.

The China Manager of Blizzard was fired when he leaked a schedule of release dates for Blizzard games. In the chart, it shows ACCURATE dates for Blizzard Schedule releases. It shows titan being released Q4 2013.

The game is Rumored to have a RMAH such as Diablo 3.

The game is not going to directly compete against WoW. For obvious reasons, it has been said that Titan will be complementary to WoW. It is not an expansion though. It is its own grindbreaking game. The game will work on what the developers and what blizzard has learned from World of Warcraft.

In-Game Ads
In-Game ads are a rumor tending to become a fact about Titan. It all started from a job listing that was looking to recruit a “Franchise Development Producer” who amongst other a.ssignments will be in charge of “Working with major consumer brands to facilitate product placement and licensing within the world of Blizzard Entertainment's next-gen MMO that enhances the gameplay experience”. Combined with the fact that most of the game will most likely take place in a post 19th century setting which can easily accommodate modern product ad placing, this rumor makes perfect sense.
So what does in-game ads mean for a “Titan” player? One thing is certain. Less subscription fees. As far as the impact this will have IN-game, personally I find nothing bad in walking through the realms cities and seeing real ads on the walls or on ad-boards. Now that I’m thinking about it, how cool would a “Red Bull Haste Potion” be? Anyhow... this probably gives a character, more choices as far as personalisation is concerned, or not... I understand there are lots of people who find this repulsive. I don’t blame you, and I totally see your point! But if the whole in-game ad scenario is true there will definitely be an alternative for you guys! Chances are that you’ll have the option to pay the regular subscription fee and make the ads vanish! Maybe you won’t even have to use your own money! You’ll probably be able to use the money on your battle.net balance which you’ll be able to fuel with the money you make out of the game itself, using the Real Money Auction House! (Source: Blizzmmo.com)

Be back later going to get red bull for my brother.

Last edited by DreamChasers; 01-01-2013 at 01:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
Props given to DreamChasers hot topic  (01-01-2013)

top in section
32 viewing
 Image inside Birdman Remembers Ms Gladys
37 comments
top in hiphop/24hrs
top in section
27 viewing
 Video inside Floyd Sr. says Rhonda Rousey wants Floyd's D (not the shoulder roll)
20 comments
top in misc/24hrs

Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #2
Kaleko Sparx 6 heat pts space
avatar space
DETROIT
space
$205 | 3356887
World of StarCraft.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #3
Msirae Faythung 819 heat pts819 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$9,953 | POWERFUL
DreamChasers said:
Hello Friends, today we are discussing what we know about Blizzards next confirmed MMO project entitled, Titan. I will just provide a list of sourced information I have found from the internet.

In 2004-2007 Ensemble Studios was working on MMO called TITAN, there is speculation that the companies are in cahoots together.

The China Manager of Blizzard was fired when he leaked a schedule of release dates for Blizzard games. In the chart, it shows ACCURATE dates for Blizzard Schedule releases. It shows titan being released Q4 2013.

The game is Rumored to have a RMAH such as Diablo 3.

The game is not going to directly compete against WoW. For obvious reasons, it has been said that Titan will be complementary to WoW. It is not an expansion though. It is its own grindbreaking game. The game will work on what the developers and what blizzard has learned from World of Warcraft.

In-Game Ads
In-Game ads are a rumor tending to become a fact about Titan. It all started from a job listing that was looking to recruit a “Franchise Development Producer” who amongst other a.ssignments will be in charge of “Working with major consumer brands to facilitate product placement and licensing within the world of Blizzard Entertainment's next-gen MMO that enhances the gameplay experience”. Combined with the fact that most of the game will most likely take place in a post 19th century setting which can easily accommodate modern product ad placing, this rumor makes perfect sense.
So what does in-game ads mean for a “Titan” player? One thing is certain. Less subscription fees. As far as the impact this will have IN-game, personally I find nothing bad in walking through the realms cities and seeing real ads on the walls or on ad-boards. Now that I’m thinking about it, how cool would a “Red Bull Haste Potion” be? Anyhow... this probably gives a character, more choices as far as personalisation is concerned, or not... I understand there are lots of people who find this repulsive. I don’t blame you, and I totally see your point! But if the whole in-game ad scenario is true there will definitely be an alternative for you guys! Chances are that you’ll have the option to pay the regular subscription fee and make the ads vanish! Maybe you won’t even have to use your own money! You’ll probably be able to use the money on your battle.net balance which you’ll be able to fuel with the money you make out of the game itself, using the Real Money Auction House! (Source: Blizzmmo.com)

Be back later going to get red bull for my brother.
That would be a.ss.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - on now - #4
Most Hated 695 heat pts695 space
avatar space
pu**y n*ggas Bow
space
$24,363 | POWERFUL
Kaleko Sparx said:
World of StarCraft.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #5
kulabear 18 heat pts18 space
avatar space
The Wayward
space
$8,392 | POWERFUL


Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #6
rek0nize 57 heat pts57 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$8,642 | POWERFUL
Willbeatz said:


Blizzard already stated thats a completely new game and not anything similar to any of their franchises.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #7
kulabear 18 heat pts18 space
avatar space
The Wayward
space
$8,392 | POWERFUL
rek0nize said:
Blizzard already stated thats a completely new game and not anything similar to any of their franchises.
Yeah they also said they we're cracking down on bots in WoW...they didn't.

Remember when they said Mists of Pandaria wasn't going to be the next expansion?

They also said that Starcraft 2 was going to have LAN play.

Titan is either, World of Starcraft, World of Diablo or World of Warcraft 2. It's not a new ip.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #8
kulabear 18 heat pts18 space
avatar space
The Wayward
space
$8,392 | POWERFUL
berzerkerguts said:
Not its not. Why the fu*k would they completely k!ll the most popular mmo ever by putting up direct competition with your own IP??? If they weren't still planning on putting out expansions id agree with you but for as of project titan I believe your wrong.
Because people are quitting WoW in droves? The game is bleeding, so why wouldn't they make a sequel to the "greatest" MMO every made. It's Activision Blizzard after all. They only care about money.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #9
kulabear 18 heat pts18 space
avatar space
The Wayward
space
$8,392 | POWERFUL
berzerkerguts said:
other than the royal fu*k up that was D3 they have one of the best stables of games out of any company... They will make another WoW or WoW like mmo but I just doubt its now
Why not? You have many factors that would make this a great time to do so. With the next gen consoles and what not it would be a great way to kindle a great deal of interest with new people/players.

Blizzard has stated they are going to give fans what they want. You really think it's still going to be a new IP? Let's be real tho, what fans really want is diablo 2.5. Most Blizzard fans are too deeply involved in the current lores of Warcraft, Starcraft or Diablo to care about a new IP. It's going to be a spinoff not a new IP.

But let's look at the IP's Blizzard has;

Diablo
Warcraft
Starcraft
Lost Vikings
Rock and Roll racing
Blackthorne


Now let's take a look at what franchises could house a new MMO;

Diablo
Warcraft
Starcraft
Blackthorne

Now my thought on said IPs.

1. Diablo MMO. There is so much lore/info here they could pull from any of the storylines to make a MMO, but it's doubtful that they would make a Diablo MMO with Diablo 3 so recently.

2. Warcraft. Blizzard has repeatedly said that 'Titan' wouldn't be a direct competitor to WoW. So scratch that off.

3. Starcraft MMO. This would be my logical choice. With HoTS coming out soon, Starcraft has a great deal of popularity right now. Not to mention you have places like Korea where Starcraft is the National Sport. The next step would be the MMORPG/FPS route. Also don't forget Starcraft:Ghost was canceled and alot of people were bummed about that. Lore in Starcraft also is a bit shallow.

4. Blackthorne. No one really cares about this IP nor really remembers it. But it could house a MMOFPS, nonetheless very unlikely.

Last edited by kulabear; 01-02-2013 at 01:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #10
kulabear 18 heat pts18 space
avatar space
The Wayward
space
$8,392 | POWERFUL
berzerkerguts said:
I loved blackthorn just saying... Anyways you pretty much proved its a new ip because it def won't be world of diablo with D3 just coming out and still not even having pvp. Starcraft still has 2 expansions left so I doubt they go that route I hope they do make a new IP because as they have shown they can make a great world to be a part of with lore and characters that fans care about. I believe they add to that stable in 2013-14.
Yeah Blackthorne was great. But even so, you're right Starcraft still has 2 expansions. However it's an RTS not MMO, so it can still have it's expansions along with an MMO.
Reply With Quote
 
Home > all sections > BX GameSpot
  
    
          join bx

 


that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
50 viewing
Video inside Vester Flanagan aka Bryce Williams reporter shooting hoax
313 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Video inside This n*gga Silk The Shocker used to ruin everything lol
207 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Video inside Ebro Shut Down ASTRO on hot97
308 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Article inside Ashley Madison was a bunch of dudes talking to each other (Data confi..
42 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside Foamposite "Pearls" & Nike Hawk Flight Re-Releasing As Pack $385
40 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside Colin Kaepernick In Relationship With Transgender Escort, Porn Actress?
86 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Aug 26 - 14-year-old boy holds class hostage at gunpoint at West Virginia high..
50 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Video inside Aug 26 - This happened right before ABC News Reporters Shot during Live..
107 comments
1 day ago
@news
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time