This is BX @ Boxden.com

Facts Discussion about Blizzards Mystery MMO: Titan

Facts Discussion about Blizzards Mystery MMO: Titan
topic by DreamChasers - 01-01-2013, 12:27 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

Hello Friends, today we are discussing what we know about Blizzards next confirmed MMO project entitled, Titan. I will just provide a list of sourced information I have found from the internet.

In 2004-2007 Ensemble Studios was working on MMO called TITAN, there is speculation that the companies are in cahoots together.

The China Manager of Blizzard was fired when he leaked a schedule of release dates for Blizzard games. In the chart, it shows ACCURATE dates for Blizzard Schedule releases. It shows titan being released Q4 2013.

The game is Rumored to have a RMAH such as Diablo 3.

The game is not going to directly compete against WoW. For obvious reasons, it has been said that Titan will be complementary to WoW. It is not an expansion though. It is its own grindbreaking game. The game will work on what the developers and what blizzard has learned from World of Warcraft.

In-Game Ads
In-Game ads are a rumor tending to become a fact about Titan. It all started from a job listing that was looking to recruit a “Franchise Development Producer” who amongst other a$signments will be in charge of “Working with major consumer brands to facilitate product placement and licensing within the world of Blizzard Entertainment's next-gen MMO that enhances the gameplay experience”. Combined with the fact that most of the game will most likely take place in a post 19th century setting which can easily accommodate modern product ad placing, this rumor makes perfect sense.
So what does in-game ads mean for a “Titan” player? One thing is certain. Less subscription fees. As far as the impact this will have IN-game, personally I find nothing bad in walking through the realms cities and seeing real ads on the walls or on ad-boards. Now that I’m thinking about it, how cool would a “Red Bull Haste Potion” be? Anyhow... this probably gives a character, more choices as far as personalisation is concerned, or not... I understand there are lots of people who find this repulsive. I don’t blame you, and I totally see your point! But if the whole in-game ad scenario is true there will definitely be an alternative for you guys! Chances are that you’ll have the option to pay the regular subscription fee and make the ads vanish! Maybe you won’t even have to use your own money! You’ll probably be able to use the money on your battle.net balance which you’ll be able to fuel with the money you make out of the game itself, using the Real Money Auction House! (Source: Blizzmmo.com)

Be back later going to get red bull for my brother.

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

14 comments for "Facts Discussion about Blizzards Mystery MMO: Titan"

01-01-2013, 12:36 PMaway - #2
Kaleko Sparx 6 heat pts

d 
space
$205 | 3356887
World of StarCraft.
 01-01-2013, 03:55 PMaway - #3
Msirae Faythung 197 heat pts197

d 
space
$5,464 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DreamChasers
Hello Friends, today we are discussing what we know about Blizzards next confirmed MMO project entitled, Titan. I will just provide a list of sourced information I have found from the internet.

In 2004-2007 Ensemble Studios was working on MMO called TITAN, there is speculation that the companies are in cahoots together.

The China Manager of Blizzard was fired when he leaked a schedule of release dates for Blizzard games. In the chart, it shows ACCURATE dates for Blizzard Schedule releases. It shows titan being released Q4 2013.

The game is Rumored to have a RMAH such as Diablo 3.

The game is not going to directly compete against WoW. For obvious reasons, it has been said that Titan will be complementary to WoW. It is not an expansion though. It is its own grindbreaking game. The game will work on what the developers and what blizzard has learned from World of Warcraft.

In-Game Ads
In-Game ads are a rumor tending to become a fact about Titan. It all started from a job listing that was looking to recruit a “Franchise Development Producer” who amongst other a$signments will be in charge of “Working with major consumer brands to facilitate product placement and licensing within the world of Blizzard Entertainment's next-gen MMO that enhances the gameplay experience”. Combined with the fact that most of the game will most likely take place in a post 19th century setting which can easily accommodate modern product ad placing, this rumor makes perfect sense.
So what does in-game ads mean for a “Titan” player? One thing is certain. Less subscription fees. As far as the impact this will have IN-game, personally I find nothing bad in walking through the realms cities and seeing real ads on the walls or on ad-boards. Now that I’m thinking about it, how cool would a “Red Bull Haste Potion” be? Anyhow... this probably gives a character, more choices as far as personalisation is concerned, or not... I understand there are lots of people who find this repulsive. I don’t blame you, and I totally see your point! But if the whole in-game ad scenario is true there will definitely be an alternative for you guys! Chances are that you’ll have the option to pay the regular subscription fee and make the ads vanish! Maybe you won’t even have to use your own money! You’ll probably be able to use the money on your battle.net balance which you’ll be able to fuel with the money you make out of the game itself, using the Real Money Auction House! (Source: Blizzmmo.com)

Be back later going to get red bull for my brother.
That would be a$s.
 01-01-2013, 08:22 PMonline - #4
UpTownBronx92 208 heat pts208

d 
space
$7,060 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Kaleko Sparx
World of StarCraft.
 01-01-2013, 10:10 PMonline - #5
Willbeatz 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$5,257 | POWERFUL

01-02-2013, 01:13 AMonline - #6
rek0nize 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$8,156 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Willbeatz

Blizzard already stated thats a completely new game and not anything similar to any of their franchises.
 01-02-2013, 12:36 PMonline - #7
Willbeatz 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$5,257 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by rek0nize
Blizzard already stated thats a completely new game and not anything similar to any of their franchises.
Yeah they also said they we're cracking down on bots in WoW...they didn't.

Remember when they said Mists of Pandaria wasn't going to be the next expansion?

They also said that Starcraft 2 was going to have LAN play.

Titan is either, World of Starcraft, World of Diablo or World of Warcraft 2. It's not a new ip.
 01-02-2013, 12:46 PMonline - #8
Willbeatz 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$5,257 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by berzerkerguts
Not its not. Why the #### would they completely k!ll the most popular mmo ever by putting up direct competition with your own IP??? If they weren't still planning on putting out expansions id agree with you but for as of project titan I believe your wrong.
Because people are quitting WoW in droves? The game is bleeding, so why wouldn't they make a sequel to the "greatest" MMO every made. It's Activision Blizzard after all. They only care about money.
 01-02-2013, 01:56 PMonline - #9
Willbeatz 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$5,257 | POWERFUL
other than the royal #### up that was D3 they have one of the best st@bles of games out of any company... They will make another WoW or WoW like mmo but I just doubt its now
Why not? You have many factors that would make this a great time to do so. With the next gen consoles and what not it would be a great way to kindle a great deal of interest with new people/players.

Blizzard has stated they are going to give fans what they want. You really think it's still going to be a new IP? Let's be real tho, what fans really want is diablo 2.5. Most Blizzard fans are too deeply involved in the current lores of Warcraft, Starcraft or Diablo to care about a new IP. It's going to be a spinoff not a new IP.

But let's look at the IP's Blizzard has;

Diablo
Warcraft
Starcraft
Lost Vikings
Rock and Roll racing
Blackthorne

Now let's take a look at what franchises could house a new MMO;

Diablo
Warcraft
Starcraft
Blackthorne

Now my thought on said IPs.

1. Diablo MMO. There is so much lore/info here they could pull from any of the storylines to make a MMO, but it's doubtful that they would make a Diablo MMO with Diablo 3 so recently.

2. Warcraft. Blizzard has repeatedly said that 'Titan' wouldn't be a direct competitor to WoW. So scratch that off.

3. Starcraft MMO. This would be my logical choice. With HoTS coming out soon, Starcraft has a great deal of popularity right now. Not to mention you have places like Korea where Starcraft is the National Sport. The next step would be the MMORPG/FPS route. Also don't forget Starcraft:Ghost was canceled and alot of people were bummed about that. Lore in Starcraft also is a bit shallow.

4. Blackthorne. No one really cares about this IP nor really remembers it. But it could house a MMOFPS, nonetheless very unlikely.

Last edited by Willbeatz; 01-02-2013 at 01:59 PM..
 01-02-2013, 05:10 PMonline - #10
Willbeatz 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$5,257 | POWERFUL
I loved blackthorn just saying... Anyways you pretty much proved its a new ip because it def won't be world of diablo with D3 just coming out and still not even having pvp. Starcraft still has 2 expansions left so I doubt they go that route I hope they do make a new IP because as they have shown they can make a great world to be a part of with lore and characters that fans care about. I believe they add to that st@ble in 2013-14.
Yeah Blackthorne was great. But even so, you're right Starcraft still has 2 expansions. However it's an RTS not MMO, so it can still have it's expansions along with an MMO.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Bills center Eric Wood says NFL teams are avoiding signi..
60 comments
NFL Rams will NOT add Michael Sam to practice squad
71 comments
NBA Lakers Could Trade Julius Randle for Rajon Rondo
50 comments
  Aug 31 - 9-year-old Is Executed: Where's The Outrage?
New reply 1 minute ago - 113 comments - by pa_general
 Video inside Madden Fan Drops $95 On Ultimate Team, Interrogated By...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 100 comments - by Cool Story
 Article inside Drake Signs Ilovemakonnen To Ovo
New reply 8 minutes ago - 126 comments - by PotheadFocker
 NFL Official Predict Your Squads Record Thread.
New reply 15 minutes ago - 85 comments - by SDC17
 Video inside The Truth About Beats By Dre!!! (mkbhd)
New reply 10 minutes ago - 160 comments - by calviiin
 NFL Rank The Qbs In Your Teams Division
New reply 20 minutes ago - 57 comments - by TalonPayne921
 Image(s) inside Saw This Sh-t On The News Today...i Went To High Schoo...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 63 comments - by bunnz17
  Aug 31 - Breaking: Celebrity Nude Leak
New reply 26 minutes ago - 368 comments - by AlienGod

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.