Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Facts Discussion about Blizzards Mystery MMO: Titan

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
284 viewing
 Image inside The Clinton Body Count  
31 comments
most viewed right now
61 viewing
 Article inside Katy Perry asked that the trash be removed from t..
42 comments

top in section
22 viewing
 Mar 30 - 3 men become first in New York history to be sentenc..
top in news
top in section
14 viewing
 Image inside Just Copped The Hottest Shirt
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Facts Discussion about Blizzards Mystery MMO: Titan
Unread 01-01-2013, 12:27 PMJoined Mar 2012 - away - #1
1313 pageviews
14 comments


DreamChasers 70 heat pts70 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$5,632 | POWERFUL
Hello Friends, today we are discussing what we know about Blizzards next confirmed MMO project entitled, Titan. I will just provide a list of sourced information I have found from the internet.

In 2004-2007 Ensemble Studios was working on MMO called TITAN, there is speculation that the companies are in cahoots together.

The China Manager of Blizzard was fired when he leaked a schedule of release dates for Blizzard games. In the chart, it shows ACCURATE dates for Blizzard Schedule releases. It shows titan being released Q4 2013.

The game is Rumored to have a RMAH such as Diablo 3.

The game is not going to directly compete against WoW. For obvious reasons, it has been said that Titan will be complementary to WoW. It is not an expansion though. It is its own grindbreaking game. The game will work on what the developers and what blizzard has learned from World of Warcraft.

In-Game Ads
In-Game ads are a rumor tending to become a fact about Titan. It all started from a job listing that was looking to recruit a “Franchise Development Producer” who amongst other a.ssignments will be in charge of “Working with major consumer brands to facilitate product placement and licensing within the world of Blizzard Entertainment's next-gen MMO that enhances the gameplay experience”. Combined with the fact that most of the game will most likely take place in a post 19th century setting which can easily accommodate modern product ad placing, this rumor makes perfect sense.
So what does in-game ads mean for a “Titan” player? One thing is certain. Less subscription fees. As far as the impact this will have IN-game, personally I find nothing bad in walking through the realms cities and seeing real ads on the walls or on ad-boards. Now that I’m thinking about it, how cool would a “Red Bull Haste Potion” be? Anyhow... this probably gives a character, more choices as far as personalisation is concerned, or not... I understand there are lots of people who find this repulsive. I don’t blame you, and I totally see your point! But if the whole in-game ad scenario is true there will definitely be an alternative for you guys! Chances are that you’ll have the option to pay the regular subscription fee and make the ads vanish! Maybe you won’t even have to use your own money! You’ll probably be able to use the money on your battle.net balance which you’ll be able to fuel with the money you make out of the game itself, using the Real Money Auction House! (Source: Blizzmmo.com)

Be back later going to get red bull for my brother.

Last edited by DreamChasers; 01-01-2013 at 01:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following BX resident gave props to DreamChasers (Sent To 9,407 Subscribers)  HOT TOPIC  (01-01-2013)

14 comments for "Facts Discussion about Blizzards Mystery MMO: Titan"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


Unread 01-01-2013, 12:36 PMJoined Apr 2011 - away - #2
Kaleko Sparx 6 heat pts space
avatar space
DETROIT
space
$205 | 3356887
World of StarCraft.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 03:55 PMJoined Jan 2012 - away - #3
Msirae Faythung 375 heat pts375 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,814 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DreamChasers
Hello Friends, today we are discussing what we know about Blizzards next confirmed MMO project entitled, Titan. I will just provide a list of sourced information I have found from the internet.

In 2004-2007 Ensemble Studios was working on MMO called TITAN, there is speculation that the companies are in cahoots together.

The China Manager of Blizzard was fired when he leaked a schedule of release dates for Blizzard games. In the chart, it shows ACCURATE dates for Blizzard Schedule releases. It shows titan being released Q4 2013.

The game is Rumored to have a RMAH such as Diablo 3.

The game is not going to directly compete against WoW. For obvious reasons, it has been said that Titan will be complementary to WoW. It is not an expansion though. It is its own grindbreaking game. The game will work on what the developers and what blizzard has learned from World of Warcraft.

In-Game Ads
In-Game ads are a rumor tending to become a fact about Titan. It all started from a job listing that was looking to recruit a “Franchise Development Producer” who amongst other a.ssignments will be in charge of “Working with major consumer brands to facilitate product placement and licensing within the world of Blizzard Entertainment's next-gen MMO that enhances the gameplay experience”. Combined with the fact that most of the game will most likely take place in a post 19th century setting which can easily accommodate modern product ad placing, this rumor makes perfect sense.
So what does in-game ads mean for a “Titan” player? One thing is certain. Less subscription fees. As far as the impact this will have IN-game, personally I find nothing bad in walking through the realms cities and seeing real ads on the walls or on ad-boards. Now that I’m thinking about it, how cool would a “Red Bull Haste Potion” be? Anyhow... this probably gives a character, more choices as far as personalisation is concerned, or not... I understand there are lots of people who find this repulsive. I don’t blame you, and I totally see your point! But if the whole in-game ad scenario is true there will definitely be an alternative for you guys! Chances are that you’ll have the option to pay the regular subscription fee and make the ads vanish! Maybe you won’t even have to use your own money! You’ll probably be able to use the money on your battle.net balance which you’ll be able to fuel with the money you make out of the game itself, using the Real Money Auction House! (Source: Blizzmmo.com)

Be back later going to get red bull for my brother.
That would be a.ss.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:22 PMJoined Dec 2012 - on now - #4
Most Hated 319 heat pts319 space
avatar space
Muscle & Fitness
space
$16,042 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Kaleko Sparx
World of StarCraft.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:10 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #5
kulabear 16 heat pts16 space
avatar space
Seuy! Suey! Suey!
space
$7,485 | POWERFUL


Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 01:13 AMJoined Dec 2010 - away - #6
rek0nize 52 heat pts52 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$8,414 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Willbeatz


Blizzard already stated thats a completely new game and not anything similar to any of their franchises.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:36 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #7
kulabear 16 heat pts16 space
avatar space
Seuy! Suey! Suey!
space
$7,485 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by rek0nize
Blizzard already stated thats a completely new game and not anything similar to any of their franchises.
Yeah they also said they we're cracking down on bots in WoW...they didn't.

Remember when they said Mists of Pandaria wasn't going to be the next expansion?

They also said that Starcraft 2 was going to have LAN play.

Titan is either, World of Starcraft, World of Diablo or World of Warcraft 2. It's not a new ip.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:46 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #8
kulabear 16 heat pts16 space
avatar space
Seuy! Suey! Suey!
space
$7,485 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by berzerkerguts
Not its not. Why the fu*k would they completely k!ll the most popular mmo ever by putting up direct competition with your own IP??? If they weren't still planning on putting out expansions id agree with you but for as of project titan I believe your wrong.
Because people are quitting WoW in droves? The game is bleeding, so why wouldn't they make a sequel to the "greatest" MMO every made. It's Activision Blizzard after all. They only care about money.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 01:56 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #9
kulabear 16 heat pts16 space
avatar space
Seuy! Suey! Suey!
space
$7,485 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by berzerkerguts
other than the royal fu*k up that was D3 they have one of the best stables of games out of any company... They will make another WoW or WoW like mmo but I just doubt its now
Why not? You have many factors that would make this a great time to do so. With the next gen consoles and what not it would be a great way to kindle a great deal of interest with new people/players.

Blizzard has stated they are going to give fans what they want. You really think it's still going to be a new IP? Let's be real tho, what fans really want is diablo 2.5. Most Blizzard fans are too deeply involved in the current lores of Warcraft, Starcraft or Diablo to care about a new IP. It's going to be a spinoff not a new IP.

But let's look at the IP's Blizzard has;

Diablo
Warcraft
Starcraft
Lost Vikings
Rock and Roll racing
Blackthorne


Now let's take a look at what franchises could house a new MMO;

Diablo
Warcraft
Starcraft
Blackthorne

Now my thought on said IPs.

1. Diablo MMO. There is so much lore/info here they could pull from any of the storylines to make a MMO, but it's doubtful that they would make a Diablo MMO with Diablo 3 so recently.

2. Warcraft. Blizzard has repeatedly said that 'Titan' wouldn't be a direct competitor to WoW. So scratch that off.

3. Starcraft MMO. This would be my logical choice. With HoTS coming out soon, Starcraft has a great deal of popularity right now. Not to mention you have places like Korea where Starcraft is the National Sport. The next step would be the MMORPG/FPS route. Also don't forget Starcraft:Ghost was canceled and alot of people were bummed about that. Lore in Starcraft also is a bit shallow.

4. Blackthorne. No one really cares about this IP nor really remembers it. But it could house a MMOFPS, nonetheless very unlikely.

Last edited by kulabear; 01-02-2013 at 01:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 05:10 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #10
kulabear 16 heat pts16 space
avatar space
Seuy! Suey! Suey!
space
$7,485 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by berzerkerguts
I loved blackthorn just saying... Anyways you pretty much proved its a new ip because it def won't be world of diablo with D3 just coming out and still not even having pvp. Starcraft still has 2 expansions left so I doubt they go that route I hope they do make a new IP because as they have shown they can make a great world to be a part of with lore and characters that fans care about. I believe they add to that stable in 2013-14.
Yeah Blackthorne was great. But even so, you're right Starcraft still has 2 expansions. However it's an RTS not MMO, so it can still have it's expansions along with an MMO.
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > BX GameSpot
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
10 viewing
NBA 2K15 will be $10 on Amazon if James Harden + John Wall..
337 comments
@games
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Video inside What exactly is in our Oceans ?  
53 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Beats that changed the sound of mainstream hip-hop
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Video inside Tamar Braxton crying cuz Chris Brown gave her light..
143 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Image inside and i get high with my baby  
171 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Image inside any of you seen dame dash's movie?  
61 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Video inside Passed Out in the Middle of the Freeway
80 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
5 viewing
NBA "...greatly exaggerated." Dwyane Wade - 40 Pts, 6 reb,..
66 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Mar 29 - March to martial law? Undercover Special Forces t..
68 comments
@news

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time