This is BX @ Boxden.com

E3 to be held in Las Vegas from now on?

E3 to be held in Las Vegas from now on?
topic by Da Ill One - 07-15-2012, 11:48 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

When gamers think of E3, they think of Los Angeles and its massive convention center; however, in 2013, the home of E3 could change dramatically.

Since 1995, the Electronic Entertainment Expo, otherwise known as E3, has been primarily held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, which is located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, California.

Apparently, the city of Los Angeles will soon begin construction on Farmers Field Stadium, a new sports facility that is primarily being built to help draw in the attention of the NFL in efforts of trying to bring back a professional football team.

The stadium is supposedly being built where the West Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center currently stands.

The location of the construction will drastically impact the typical flow and organization of E3, as the West Hall is usually where major companies such as Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft stage their exhibits.

Building the stadium there would in all likelihood force the Expo to move locations and probably leave California in lieu of another city with better facilities to accommodate the show.

Rick Taylor, Senior Vice President of Communications and Industry Affairs said the show is currently in negotiations with several locations to help ensure that E3 continues to meet the high standards it has set for itself year after year.

"We are in negotiations to ensure E3 continues to be a best-in-class and invaluable experience for our members, exhibitors, and attendees.

"There are several areas that still need to be resolved and we need the city to fully appreciate the value E3 brings to Los Angeles," Taylor said.

Rumors have been swirling around about the possibility of E3 taking its show elsewhere to a city known for its hosting and entertainment value, Las Vegas.

Vegas would surely serve as a worthy host to such a marquee event, as it is home to many conventions and major events every year.

With the construction of the new stadium being located right in the heart of where E3 typically takes place, LA can be more than certain they will be losing E3 next year, and perhaps many years beyond 2013.

"The video game industry is growing and reaching scores of millions of consumers around the world and the show is growing to reflect this energy and passion," Taylor said. "We hope the city can recognize this fact and work with us to resolve areas of concern."

E3 2013 could be one of the biggest shows of all-time; especially with the possibility of another next-generation console or two being unveiled.

The city that hosts next year's Expo could be striking gold with the amount of attention the show could possibly receive

- Examiner

Latest Games Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

13 comments for "E3 to be held in Las Vegas from now on?"

07-15-2012, 02:47 PMaway - #2
Jace Luv 

d 
space
$643 | 2279491
Farmers Field Stadium
 07-15-2012, 03:16 PMonline - #3
Peter Griffin 2 heat pts

d 
space
$5,773 | 10538166
Hopefully it goes to vegas so I have a chance to finally go
 07-15-2012, 04:02 PMaway - #4
EGO 46 heat pts46

d 
space
$28,187 | POWERFUL
I hope it does. That area around the Staples Center and LACC is too congested for such a big event. The LVCC is a much more spacious venue, and side events can be held at hotels connected via Skywalk and Skyrail. This would be the best move, IMO. And I hope it's permanent even after construction of the stadium.
 07-15-2012, 04:11 PMaway - #5
DominationCM 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$6,562 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by e G o Maniac
I hope it does. That area around the Staples Center and LACC is too congested for such a big event. The LVCC is a much more spacious venue, and side events can be held at hotels connected via Skywalk and Skyrail. This would be the best move, IMO. And I hope it's permanent even after construction of the stadium.
Hell no it shouldn't be held permanently at 1 venue
 07-15-2012, 04:23 PMonline - #6
HiRolliN 99 heat pts99

d 
space
$13,672 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DominationCM

Hell no it shouldn't be held permanently at 1 venue
you ever been to downtown LA were they have it cause like e G o Maniac said traffic is !!ed every single day and even worse when there is an event going on at the staples center.

the las vegas convention center would be perfect for e3

and the !!ed up thing about downtown LA is there is nothing to do over there after sun down.

the sports center there gonna build will !! up traffic even more and just wait to see how bad traffic will get when the football team there hoping to get plays on the same day as the lakers. also dodger stadium isnt that far from the staples center to.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 07-15-2012 at 04:32 PM..
 07-15-2012, 04:41 PMaway - #7

d 
space
$6,562 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by HiRolliN
you ever been to downtown LA were they have it cause like e G o Maniac said traffic is !!ed every single day and even worse when there is an event going on at the staples center.

the las vegas convention center would be perfect for e3

and the !!ed up thing about downtown LA is there is nothing to do over there after sun down.

the sports center there gonna build will !! up traffic even more and just wait see how bad traffic will get when the football team there hoping to get plays on the same day as the lakers.
You ever been to downtown Charlotte? You ever been to downtown Miami? You ever been to downtown Columbia? You ever been to downtown Nashville? You ever been to downtown Bowling Green ? You ever been to downtown Louisiana? You ever been to downtown any city?

Complaining about traffic is like complaining about how hot it is during the summer time
 07-15-2012, 04:50 PMaway - #8
Da Ill One|M 3296 heat pts3296

d 
space
$37,307 | POWERFUL
You ever been to downtown Charlotte? You ever been to downtown Miami? You ever been to downtown Columbia? You ever been to downtown Nashville? You ever been to downtown Bowling Green ? You ever been to downtown Louisiana? You ever been to downtown any city?

Complaining about traffic is like complaining about how hot it is during the summer time
I guarandamntee you Downtown LA traffic is triple and maybe e en four times worse than ALL those cities you named put together...I know for a fact Downtown Chicago is...and there's more people in LA than Chicago and I've been on the 405 its no joke... they don't have Rush Hour in LA they have Sit and wait for a couple hours...
 07-15-2012, 04:53 PMonline - #9
HiRolliN 99 heat pts99

d 
space
$13,672 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
I guarandamntee you Downtown LA traffic is triple and maybe e en four times worse than ALL those cities you named put together...I know for a fact Downtown Chicago is...and there's more people in LA than Chicago and I've been on the 405 its no joke... they don't have Rush Hour in LA they have Sit and wait for a couple hours...

ask anyone thats been to LA and they will always complain about two things more than any city the smog and the TRAFFIC. LA is notorious for the traffic.

the sports stadium there gonna build will !! up traffic badly in an already overly congested area and im not surprised there looking for a more accessible area for e3.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 07-15-2012 at 04:56 PM..
 07-15-2012, 05:02 PMaway - #10

d 
space
$6,562 | POWERFUL
Well its hella hot outside so I'll complain about that and its going to be hot as !! for the rest of the week so I'll simply act like I dont know its going to be hot for the rest of the week.
 07-15-2012, 05:25 PMaway - #11
el bundy 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$5,977 | POWERFUL
 07-15-2012, 06:45 PMaway - #12

d 
space
$6,562 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by el bundy
Thanks el you always let me know how you feel about the games I enjoy playing
 07-15-2012, 07:00 PMaway - #13
el bundy 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$5,977 | POWERFUL
Thanks el you always let me know how you feel about the games I enjoy playing
 07-15-2012, 07:07 PMaway - #14

d 
space
$6,562 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by el bundy
I had that same reaction when I seen your 1st avy.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA WC 1ST ROUND-Portland Trailblazer (5) @ Houston Rockets ..
698 comments
NBA Official Washington Wizards(5) vs Chicago Bulls(4) First..
684 comments
NBA Pero Had The Pacers Shook (Bout That Life) (pic)
65 comments
 NBA Jordan Finally Takes Picture With Chamillionaire (pic)
New reply 2 minutes ago - 80 comments - by Dray
 NBA Blake Griffin Purposely Dumps Water On Warriors Fan (v...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 90 comments - by theinitiAL
 Image(s) inside These 11's Tho>>>>>
New reply 2 minutes ago - 127 comments - by Edakid
 Image(s) inside [chi Wire] Chief Keef Claiming His Old Hood Again? #400
New reply 20 minutes ago - 137 comments - by sdot216
 Image(s) inside Mother Ordered To Cover Her Cle@vage On Family Trip To...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 68 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 NBA Paul Pierce Quote After Game 1
New reply 29 minutes ago - 86 comments - by Cambury
  Young Thug Finally Admits To Being Gay:"broke Up ...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 124 comments - by YSPromoshunz
 NBA Paul George On Teague: "he's Up There With Rose, ...
New reply 38 minutes ago - 60 comments - by KleanKutt100

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,705 fans of BX and 3 new today 4,651 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.