This is BX @ Boxden.com

DayZ standalone update.

DayZ standalone update.
topic by Msirae Faythung - 01-08-2013, 06:32 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

Taken from Gamespy.

A closed beta test of the standalone version of DayZ is "imminent," creator Dean "Rocket" Hall revealed in a long-awaited update on the project today, and when it finally ships, DayZ won't simply be a slightly improved version of the mod, it will be a vastly upgraded zombie survival sim experience and everything "we all dreamed it could be."

Last we heard from Hall, The War Z was capturing all the headlines for its less than perfect launch and subsequent removal from Steam. At the time, Hall said he wasn't ready to talk DayZ, and said he found the entire War Z debacle depressing. Today, posting on the official DayZ blog, he changed his tune -- and his tone -- sounding confident and pleased with DayZ's progress.

"DayZ Standalone isn't here because we had the chance to go from making a game that was just the mod improved slightly, packaged simply, and sold - to actually redeveloping the engine and making the game the way we all dreamed it could be," Hall states. "This blew any initial plans we had dictated to pieces."

What's been changed/improved from the mod? Hall says that items, the inventory system, and user interface have been completely overhauled. The changes to items, in particular, are dramatic, with individual items having their own durability and add-on components. As an example, Hall said that if you shoot a player with night-vision goggles in the head and take the goggles, they will be damaged and potentially unusable.

"The work that has been completed on this is groundbreaking, and it going to fundamentally change the DayZ experience," Hall said.

The plan now, Hall said, is to run a closed beta test with 500 to 1,000 people to ensure DayZ's architecture is sound. Once that test is complete and the issues that arise are addressed, Bohemia Interactive will announce a revised schedule for DayZ's release.
GameSpy: Dean Hall Gives DayZ Standalone Update, Closed Beta Test Coming Soon - Page 1

My body is ready > DayZ standalone update. - Photo posted in BX GameSpot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

6 comments for "DayZ standalone update."

01-08-2013, 10:57 AMaway - #2
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$26,692 | POWERFUL
what i saw burned my eyes like chloride all i wanna know is why
 01-08-2013, 06:00 PMaway - #3
TheCityOnMyMind 88 heat pts88

d 
space
$5,881 | POWERFUL
I'd like them to implement some type of PvP server and PvE server so your not just getting camped by the same sniper
 01-08-2013, 07:11 PMaway - #4
Zaosyn 255 heat pts255

d 
space
$13,113 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheCityOnMyMind
I'd like them to implement some type of PvP server and PvE server so your not just getting camped by the same sniper
That would really dumb down the game. I understand where you're coming from, some dudes really play this game to make the life of others hell but at the same time having a PVE server would take all the risk out of the game because invading zombies and trying to stay alive is relatively easy in my opinion, but when you put in the risk of other players who can k!ll you it's what really makes the survival dynamic much better.

I would like to see a party system, clan system or something like that. Perhaps if you're in a party with someone then friendly fire is turned off and they can't damage you.
 01-08-2013, 07:35 PMaway - #5
Msirae Faythung 215 heat pts215

d 
space
$5,780 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Zaosyn
That would really dumb down the game. I understand where you're coming from, some dudes really play this game to make the life of others hell but at the same time having a PVE server would take all the risk out of the game because invading zombies and trying to stay alive is relatively easy in my opinion, but when you put in the risk of other players who can k!ll you it's what really makes the survival dynamic much better.

I would like to see a party system, clan system or something like that. Perhaps if you're in a party with someone then friendly fire is turned off and they can't damage you.
Yeah I joined a server a few days ago where the admins were saying you couldn't PvP, I was like what's the point of it then.
 01-08-2013, 09:06 PMaway - #6
Boo The Fool 3 heat pts

d 
space
$12,528 | POWERFUL

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 23 - Ebola in NYC
58 comments
Image inside  white girl got azz!!!!!!
65 comments
Image inside  Klay Thompson Still Winning Yoooooooooooooooooo!
132 comments
 NBA Kendrick Lamar, Kevin Hart Highlight Cleveland Cavalie...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 90 comments - by metatr0n
 Video inside Video Of The Interview That Set Off The 50/cam Beef (c...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 53 comments - by EZ Green
  Is There Any Rapper That Never "fell Off"?
New reply 12 minutes ago - 129 comments - by JewsusChrist
 NBA Jeanie Buss: ‘any Free Agent That Would Be Afraid To P...
New reply 46 minutes ago - 74 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
 Image(s) inside After All These Halloweens, I Never Knew (mind Blown)
New reply 24 minutes ago - 67 comments - by italiansteve
 Image(s) inside Oct 22 - Autopsy Reveals Michael Brown Reached For Off...
New reply 48 minutes ago - 359 comments - by theFREAK
 NCAAF Notre Dame Freshman Wr Justin Brent Dating Legendary F...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 132 comments - by theFREAK
 Video inside Jay Z First Interview After Ether W Angie Martinez (yo...
New reply 1 hour ago - 80 comments - by EZ Green

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,797 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.