Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Breaking: The Web-Based Sony Entertainment Network Store is Live

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
77 viewing
 Dame Dash Buys KarmaLoop for $7 Million Dollars
14 comments
most viewed right now
60 viewing
NBA Golden State Warriors Diss James Harden On Twitter
79 comments

top in section
29 viewing
May 23 - Adult dating site hacked
top in news
top in section
15 viewing
Image inside Robert DeNiro Keeps It All The Way Real With NYU Graduates
top in movies

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #1
7900 pageviews
34 comments

Jesszman 2201 heat pts2201 space
space
$29,814 | POWERFUL

Earlier this morning, PlayStation Network users were greeted with a surprise, the PlayStation Store can now be accessed from your computer! Yes, that's right, you no longer have to go to your PS3 to download PSN items.

The interface is sleek and fast, much faster than the new PlayStation Store. Once you go to the website's main page - which you can find here - you'll be able to choose your country. Currently, you're only able to do this for EU regions, but the rest of the regions should be going live soon.

Browsing the content on the site shows that everything seems to be in working order, prices are right, it's fast, and the items are easily accessible. Purchases can be made through your PSN wallet which supports PSN Cards, Credit Cards, and PayPal in EU regions. Once your purchase is done, you'll need to fire up the PS3 and head on over to your download list to actually initiate the download. This seems to be for those that are weary of the new PlayStation Store, or aren't at their PS3 when a sale goes online. Either way, it's a nice gesture by Sony that has been a long time coming. When the US portion goes live, we'll issue an update.

fu-king finally! Now they need to allow us to actually tell the PS3 to download it, or at least update PS+ to let that download at the time of automatic updates. this is fu-king brilliant!
Props given to Jesszman hot topic  (12-08-2012)

34 comments for "Breaking: The Web-Based Sony Entertainment Network Store is Live"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #2
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 space
10 Year BX Vet
space
$3,462 | POWERFUL
only took 7 years, maybe in another 7 we will get party chat
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #3
space
$29,814 | POWERFUL
Party Chat's up on the Vita, PS3 can't handle it due to lack of enough RAM. And it actually didn't take them 7 years. The original PS Store could be accessed from a web browser, then when they updated, it went away. This was because that store was basically a web page on the ps3, so getting the URL was easy. Pretty sure it was on the PS site too. Due to this store running HTML or whatever, I think that's why they brought it back.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #4
Trizz187 11 heat pts11 space
space
$3,072 | 15426036
party chat doesnt mean GOAT Gaming.. smh
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #5
ImAMonster 306 heat pts306 space
THE SLAG OF JUSTICE
space
$29,708 | POWERFUL
Trizz187 said:
party chat doesnt mean GOAT Gaming.. smh
I swear lol. They're like "OMGZ PS3 DOESN'T HAVE PARTY CHAT! THAT MAKES IT BY FAR INFERIOR TO TEH 360! LULZ!" Like what the hell do you even need party chat for? I thought PS3 had a similar feature though? With the chat room thing? Though I never use a mic when I game so neither of these mean sh*t to me and both systems are equally as good. I prefer the PS3 just because it's free and you can make as many accounts as you want to at no additional cost. It's the cheaper way to go, and you get more out of it if you're not a super hardcore gamer.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #6
space
$29,814 | POWERFUL
party chat is fun, I use it on my vita all the time. It's certainly not a deal, breaker but it's a really nice feature that I wish the ps3 had.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - on now - #7
One Gud Cide 23 heat pts23 space
space
$9,118 | POWERFUL
ImAMonster said:
I swear lol. They're like "OMGZ PS3 DOESN'T HAVE PARTY CHAT! THAT MAKES IT BY FAR INFERIOR TO TEH 360! LULZ!" Like what the hell do you even need party chat for? I thought PS3 had a similar feature though? With the chat room thing? Though I never use a mic when I game so neither of these mean sh*t to me and both systems are equally as good. I prefer the PS3 just because it's free and you can make as many accounts as you want to at no additional cost. It's the cheaper way to go, and you get more out of it if you're not a super hardcore gamer.
being cheaper also doesn't make something better. it just means it's cheaper, and so are you.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #8
space
$29,814 | POWERFUL
One Gud Cide said:
being cheaper also doesn't make something better. it just means it's cheaper, and so are you.
*looks at steam*
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #9
erickonasis 13 heat pts13 space
Skitfu*kinDaddle
space
$15,194 | POWERFUL
+HydrO+ said:
only took 7 years, maybe in another 7 we will get party chat
Party chat is for fu*k boy f*ggots
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #10
erickonasis 13 heat pts13 space
Skitfu*kinDaddle
space
$15,194 | POWERFUL
ImAMonster said:
party chat sh*t is for 10 yr olds and freaks
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #11
joshdogg26 142 heat pts142 space
space
$26,373 | POWERFUL
good, the new store sucks
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #12
space
$29,814 | POWERFUL
joshdogg26 said:
good, the new store sucks
Yes, yes it does. It's far too slow. This one is slightly slow but it's probably getting hammered right now
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #13
joshdogg26 142 heat pts142 space
space
$26,373 | POWERFUL
Jesszman said:
Yes, yes it does. It's far too slow. This one is slightly slow but it's probably getting hammered right now
it's slow and not nearly as easy to navigate. it used to be easy to find the content you were looking for by category, title, etc. and easily see what all was available. now i've had to do searches and hope it's there, with mixed results. the way they break down DLC is awful in the menus. whenever i leave things to download and come back later, it says it timed out or whaever when i get back and leaves me wondering if they properly downloaded and installed. i also don't think you can go to your previously downloaded list and get to the main page for each item, which annoyed me a few times. it's less than ideal and i hope they make some improvements.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #14
LaRy BLanco 476 heat pts476 space
XBL/PSN/STM - LaRy BLanco
space
$37,226 | POWERFUL
Jesszman said:
*looks at steam*
got em
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #15
Krazie 99 heat pts99 space
NFC West Chumps
space
$31,550 | POWERFUL
That innovation
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #16
PhrozenMenace  space
MaddMurda_X
space
$12,051 | POWERFUL
another one of those changes that didnt turn out so well...but at least theres backup from a different source
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #17
space
$29,814 | POWERFUL
PhrozenMenace said:
another one of those changes that didnt turn out so well...but at least theres backup from a different source
What?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #18
ATLANTASTAN 57 heat pts57 space
LOVE DA KIDS
space
$24,901 | POWERFUL
? wit ps pluss if i download these free games will i keep them after my ps + expire
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #19
Krazie 99 heat pts99 space
NFC West Chumps
space
$31,550 | POWERFUL
ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
? wit ps pluss if i download these free games will i keep them after my ps + expire
No, you rent them for as long as your membership is active.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #20
space
$29,814 | POWERFUL
ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
Nah, they become inaccessible once your membership runs out.

Home > all sections > BX GameSpot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside Lookin Like Topanga 2.0... Danny Devan
120 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Video inside Throwback: Jamie Foxx ends a comedian's life
111 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside 57 year old Virginia politician & his 19 year black baby mama :Bruhs:
133 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Video inside Sauce walka: do drake really luv houston or using it for its culture & ..
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Audio inside Drake - On A Wave x Go Out Tonight x Can I x Tryna F**k (4 New Tracks)
117 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Article inside 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross: Baby Mama's Sex Tape Released by YOU, Not Me
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Video inside 7 Videogame Bosses We Didn't Want To Kill
36 comments
@games
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Image inside First Look At Goku From DRAGON BALL SUPER
116 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
5 viewing
NBA Best Trade Scenarios For The Knicks No. 4 Pick in Draft
54 comments
@sports

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time