This is BX @ Boxden.com

Awesome Games Done Quick 2013 -- Charity Marathon for the Prevent Cancer Foundation

Awesome Games Done Quick 2013 -- Charity Marathon for the Prevent Cancer Foundation
topic by Krazie - 01-08-2013, 02:32 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

I've been watching a lot the past couple of days, figured a lot of you would be interested. They're doing an amazing thing for the research of cancer. I already donated $100. I hope you donate, but even if you don't, they're streaming speed runs of different games 24 hours a day for the next 5-6 days or so. For those that don't know, it's a community of a large amount of people that stream speed runs of some of the most popular games of all time.

SpeedDemosArchiveSDA

It's only been about 38 hours and they've already raised $80,000+ for the Prevent Cancer Foundation, even though their goal is only $100,000.. Let's shatter that goal and get to at least $250,000.

They're also giving away a ton of prizes for each donation during a certain block of games for those interested. You'll be put into a raffle per donation. They gave away a Mike Tyson's Punchout! book with the signature of the authors earlier, only 3 of of them known in existence so far, since they can't get the licenses to publish it.

I know a lot of us on this site, especially this section, can't realize it.. But, it's a true inspiration that a group of gamers do something like this to raise an absurd amount of money for charity.

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

1 comments for "Awesome Games Done Quick 2013 -- Charity Marathon for the Prevent Cancer Foundation"

01-08-2013, 06:42 PMaway - #2
Krazie 89 heat pts89

d 
space
$24,729 | POWERFUL
Bump..

Quit being greedy, ####s.

They're doing Arkham City speedrun currently, shooting for 3 hours.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Jul 24 - The Top 10 most happy and un-happy cities in America
82 comments
Image inside  Michael Crabtree's New Jump-Off
65 comments
Image inside  To Smang or Not to Smang :Courtnae...Tall glass of Ch..
62 comments
 NFL Russell Wilson And Tom Brady Has The Same Rating On Ma...
New reply 6 seconds ago - 112 comments - by Kingpin 313
 NBA James Harden: “dwight And I Are The Cornerstones Of Th...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 74 comments - by timdog
 Image(s) inside She Goes By Thick Yellowbone
New reply 38 seconds ago - 183 comments - by daddy31+2
 Image(s) inside My Moms Sent Me This Text, Yall Folks Do This Sh-t?
New reply 13 minutes ago - 121 comments - by Affliction
 NBA Do You Still See D.rose Being Productive Next Year?
New reply 3 minutes ago - 108 comments - by Blessed
 NBA Okc Convincing 1st Rd Pick To Forego 750k Rookie Salar...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 88 comments - by X_WunderKind_X
 Image(s) inside Dr Dre Yacht Life With Xzibit
New reply 4 minutes ago - 104 comments - by WizDoM
 Article inside Drake Calls Himself & J. Cole The "only Two K...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 193 comments - by justinjones

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.