This is BX @ Boxden.com

Awesome Games Done Quick 2013 -- Charity Marathon for the Prevent Cancer Foundation

Awesome Games Done Quick 2013 -- Charity Marathon for the Prevent Cancer Foundation
topic by Krazie - 01-08-2013, 02:32 AM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

I've been watching a lot the past couple of days, figured a lot of you would be interested. They're doing an amazing thing for the research of cancer. I already donated $100. I hope you donate, but even if you don't, they're streaming speed runs of different games 24 hours a day for the next 5-6 days or so. For those that don't know, it's a community of a large amount of people that stream speed runs of some of the most popular games of all time.

SpeedDemosArchiveSDA

It's only been about 38 hours and they've already raised $80,000+ for the Prevent Cancer Foundation, even though their goal is only $100,000.. Let's shatter that goal and get to at least $250,000.

They're also giving away a ton of prizes for each donation during a certain block of games for those interested. You'll be put into a raffle per donation. They gave away a Mike Tyson's Punchout! book with the signature of the authors earlier, only 3 of of them known in existence so far, since they can't get the licenses to publish it.

I know a lot of us on this site, especially this section, can't realize it.. But, it's a true inspiration that a group of gamers do something like this to raise an absurd amount of money for charity.

Latest Games Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

1 comments for "Awesome Games Done Quick 2013 -- Charity Marathon for the Prevent Cancer Foundation"

01-08-2013, 06:42 PMonline - #2
Krazie 93 heat pts93

d 
space
$26,804 | POWERFUL
Bump..

Quit being greedy, ####s.

They're doing Arkham City speedrun currently, shooting for 3 hours.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Apple Pay is double charging customers
72 comments
Image inside  Oct 22 - Female Gym Teacher Caught Sleeping With Youn..
65 comments
Image inside  Oct 21 - FBI Whistleblower: U.S Is Reviving Terror S..
65 comments
 Video inside T.i. At The Breakfast Club: Iggy & Snoop, Ebola, G...
New reply 40 seconds ago - 87 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Image(s) inside Oct 22 - Autopsy Reveals Michael Brown Reached For Off...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 258 comments - by theFREAK
  Rumor: Troy Aves People Snuff Makkonen In Ny Show On A...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 134 comments - by 44wade
 NBA Kevin Love Already Getting Used To His 3rd Option Stat...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 67 comments - by The Bully
 Video inside Hater Punches Ilovemakonnen At Sobs
New reply 2 minutes ago - 174 comments - by EZ Green
  Is There Any Rapper That Never "fell Off"?
New reply 6 minutes ago - 57 comments - by JewsusChrist
 NFL Brett Favre : "rams Austin Davis Can Be The Next ...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 83 comments - by theFREAK
 NFL Some Seahawks Players Allegedly Dont Think Russell Wi...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 193 comments - by st21

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.