This is BX @ Boxden.com

An Interesting Survey That Regards Next Gen Gaming As A Whole(Neogaf)

An Interesting Survey That Regards Next Gen Gaming As A Whole(Neogaf)
topic by ThePainkiller - 02-19-2013, 09:18 PM - Boxden > BX GameSpot

I am part of an online survey aggregate site (e-rewards). They have many surveys on various items; beverages, cars, finance, lifestyle, clothes, entertainment, etc. I earn credits for taking these surveys. Most of this stuff is mundane, and are time-killers for me. But this weekend I got an email in my inbox for a new survey, however this time it was something very timely, it was a survey on next-generation systems/devices.

I took screenshots of these surveys and thought I'd share with the community.

It is worth noting that I do not know who this survey is on behalf of. These surveys come to the aggregator (e-rewards) who I essentially am performing the survey for, and they are delivering the survey to me on behalf of a client they are working with.

Now lots of the questions are very much lock-and-step with what has been rumored, however, many of them are completely different ways of thinking about next-gen devices, services, and offerings from what I've been seeing rumored on the net (some for the good and some for the worse --- from a "gamer" perspective)

There are quite a few interesting items from the survey that I pulled out discuss and share with the community. Some of which I even laughed at while taking the survey, things like; Contracts, Pricing, Cloud, Other competitors, Family-focus, etc. were all things that were discussed.

I've quoted the images so click the images to make them larger

tl;dr - I took a survey on next-gen systems/devices and services, want to see some of it?

It was interesting the way they described the quality of next-generation console quality in comparison to other types of “quality”

This was the quality metric for all comparisons throughout the survey, whenever they discussed the quality of the game content output by the hardware

Next-Generation and PC games being the top level together (on an equal playing field) and everyone else following below

There were many different scenarios in which I was asked to answer which of the displayed system/devices I preferred out of the options available in a given scenario, and how likely I would be to purchase that system/device

To be continued.

Latest Games Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

3 comments for "An Interesting Survey That Regards Next Gen Gaming As A Whole(Neogaf)"

02-19-2013, 09:21 PMaway - #2
ThePainkiller 302 heat pts302

d 
space
$54,540 | POWERFUL

It was also interesting to see the discussion around cross-device compatibility for games

This was specifically mentioned, but not exclusively, with the Xbox 720. A system where-in you could purchase a game, and it would be able to be available to you on not only the Xbox 720, but also your PC. In the "Device Compatibility" section in the scenarios above, this was referred to as "This device is digitally compatible with PC games".

There were questions specifically focused on digital distribution and multiple pricing and delivery structures

I thought this was extremely interesting, since I had never contemplated the idea of a restriction on the first 30-days of usage on a game. Something like this could have potential ramifications for the expansion of a service like PS+

A bit more
 02-19-2013, 09:24 PMaway - #3

d 
space
$54,540 | POWERFUL

There were also questions on streaming/cloud services, and what my expectations for the quality of the service were

Thus potentially gauging my receptivity to a less than pristine experience via the Cloud (tm)

There were also some questions in regards to “kid” functionality

There was also some very interesting questions about “daughter box” functionality- something where one box could access features from another box (either of the same brand or another competitors brand)

These were honestly things I had thought about to some degree in the past, but not that much

One more
 02-19-2013, 09:25 PMaway - #4

d 
space
$54,540 | POWERFUL

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Nov 25 - Storeowner who Michael Brown took cigarellos..
65 comments
Image inside  Nov 25 - Startling Photos Of Ferguson The Morning After
74 comments
Image inside  Nov 25 - Officer Darren Wilson---I Did Nothing Wrong ..
91 comments
 Image(s) inside Nov 24 - Just In: Photos Of Officer Darren Wilson's In...
New reply 3 seconds ago - 98 comments - by Ctrllers
  Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Was Released 22 Years Ago Today
New reply 3 minutes ago - 80 comments - by kindabizzie
 Image(s) inside Jay-z's Bodyguard Look Like Da Devil, Bruhh
New reply 1 minute ago - 62 comments - by GOD999
 Article inside Migos - Tha Truth (quavo Speaks On Robbery) (audio)
New reply 5 minutes ago - 338 comments - by SlimDunkin
 Video inside Nov 25 - Michael Brown Step Dad To Protestors:burn Thi...
New reply 1 minute ago - 186 comments - by Carlton Black
 Video inside Lmao: Dc Goons Got Beef Wit Fat Trel Now Smh
New reply 6 minutes ago - 87 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Video inside Which Is Worse? A Woman Playing Peter Pan Or An Africa...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 68 comments - by theFREAK
  Nov 24 - Usa Today: No Indictment In Ferguson Case
New reply 8 minutes ago - 160 comments - by KFrizzle

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,863 fans of BX | none new today 4,810 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.